Just because you’re an introvert doesn’t mean you get to handle situations with immaturity.

hsshannah96

Dear Introverts,

NOBODY, and I mean nobody besides other introverts, could read your mind.

just because you’re an introvert doesn’t mean you use THAT as your “rationale” (more like excuse) to give the silent treatment and suddenly never speak to someone after NO argument occurred so the person has no idea what they did

to not look them in the eyes

to grunt and only answer with one word phrases

seriously. It’s childish and immature. Full stop

didn’t like hearing this? Tough shit. get over it

14
3

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous
    ... I am very introverted, and don't do that-- well, not when it's impolite.

From what I've been told, being introverted is not "being terrible at socializing." It's more like "socializing drains you." Being alone is how you recharge.

If I've been told correctly, then extroverts are the opposite: being alone is tiring or boring, and being with friends or others is how you feel good/ recharge.

So, although I don't think most introverts would just blatantly give you the cold shoulder, please consider that social interaction isn't as easy for them as for you, and it isn't as beneficial.

Consider if I asked you (I assume an extrovert) to please, if ever encountering someone or a group of people who aren't a very close friend, never try to engage them in small talk or even really pay attention to them. Just for goodness sake leave them be. They don't WANT to talk to you. It's rude to assume you are the most important thing they have to engage with at any given time. Just, be quiet and do your own thing.

Would that be extremely easy for you to do in every social setting? Every day? I doubt it would be, but maybe I'm wrong. I would guess it would be frustrating to be cut off from nearly all social interaction even when you are around people frequently.

Well, it's sort of like that. I can and do engage in small talk with people in social settings, just out of politeness, if I need to. But most of the time I'm not the center of attention, people are doing what they are there for, and I don't need to pull anyone aside to talk to them. Even still, after most social events, I am sick of it and just want to stop being around people and be alone.

When I'm in that mood, or have barely gotten home and it turns out there's a friend coming over, it's not so easy to just perk up again and engage in a friendly chat. It's not easy. It's not fun. It's not their fault. I'm just tired of it and I don't enjoy much company at all, it often has nothing to do with them. So even though I will still interact with them, it probably won't be extremely convincing when I try to sound interested or engaged-- especially when the conversation really isn't important..

It's a real chore sometimes. I don't always do it well. But I do it. And I'm sorry that you feel some people are being unfair or unkind to you by not doing it to what you assume to be reasonable standards.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I’m referring to people I did become close with

Those friendships always have to end because they can’t communicate

• They’re OBVIOUSLY upset with me and nothing I could do would fix anything

But they choose not to talk about it and then it all sucks

I have to ditch them

• Anonymous

Well I can probably tell you some of why that happens:
      It's infinitely more complicated, risky, and exhausting to confront people than it is simply to interact with them.

Especially if the problem is serious or sensitive, because it will likely inflame a whole array of negative emotions in both people and make the confrontation that much more combative.

Especially if the person doesn't have a similar pattern of thinking/reasoning as me, because that makes it so much harder to communicate even when I do put the effort in to do so; we just don't have the same lines of thought, and I may not even understand how yours works, so I don't even know if anything will even be solved and I'll just have to do it over again.

Especially if it's not absolutely necessary that I fix it-- because fortunately or unfortunately, I have never invested in a friendship to the point I would not be able to deal with it breaking down and us going our separate ways.

I personally do not have any serious friendships (yet). And the ones I have are mainly a result of being around the person frequently, irrelevant of the friendship (ie work, school, neighbors) and when that frequent, necessary proximity stops.. well, so do most of the friendships.

• Emilia_45
    Whoever did that to you is not an introvert, but an imbecile. Stop bringing down intoverts as a whole, just because one of them happens to be rude does not mean all of them are. It doesn’t make sense, if for example, an extrovert hit me, i wouldn’t suddenly blame all extroverts for that. Your example does not apply to all introverts, but your lack of understanding human behaviour does apply to all idiots.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Sorry, I know THREE introverts who did this

• Emilia_45

And i know 1 extrovert who deletes answers just because they don’t like being called out on their bs and brings an ENTIRE type of personality down. So, i don’t think you’re any better. I think your problems go deeper than just hating introverts, so i suggest you get them treated for your own good.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guys

• TallAnon
    Honestly, I don't even know why you would get that idea. I'm 100% an introvert, but that doesn't mean I'm not judgmental or assertive. Hell, I'm an INTJ-A. Introverted, Intuitive, Thinker, Judger, Assertive. Being introverted basically just means you value your time alone, which is only a tiny part of your mind and personality.
    Is this still revelant?
  • topur
    Why you're mad?
    What happened really?

It seems that you're trying to punish someone that isn't here to read this, lol

I know a lot of introverts that aren't like this and I know a lot of extroverts who don't answer and change the subject when they don't want to answer.
    Is this still revelant?
    • at least we answer

Y’all just ghost

Oh please 😂😂

• I know like so many introverts

They do the same damn thing

They ignore people if they have a issue with them

How about communication

• topur

Lol, take easy, just try to speak to those people or leave them. Coming here to express your anger might help today, but it's not solving your problem

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

112
  • 0112358
    Most people who say they’re introvert aren’t. They’re just shy, socially anxious ambiverts or even extroverts. But introvert sounds like a character trait as opposed to a poor coping mechanism so they latch onto that.
    • My mom is an introvert and she isn’t scared of socializing

She just prefers to not have too much conversation and to be alone

• 0112358

THAT is a real introvert.

• MrTaboo
    You have no idea what introverted is do you?

And this sounds very specific, like it was one person. You need to talk to that person.
  • J2ohhhhh
    My friend's daughter who is now two years old always a dick to me when I visit. And in the last 5 minutes when I'm about to leave she comes to play and hangout and when I leave she cries. It is funny how defensive people got who do the same at age of 20. "I ain't childish just because act like a 2 years old, I'm an introvert!"
  • TonyBologna25
    A lot of people like to disguise their lack of social aptitude as introversion.
  • DanOh2018
    You should just send this to whoever pissed you off directly sweetheart.
    • I did
      They didn’t like it but whatever

I told off the three people who ghosted me

And I am not friends with them anymore

• Hunter7754
    To me, this sounds more like social ineptitude as opposed to being an introvert.

I consider myself more introverted but I do hold eye contact, and try to be pleasant when I'm in a conversation with someone. Its been a challenge for me though because I'm on the spectrum.

To me this sounds like it was aimed more at someone specific. Have you tried talking to them? Maybe they're unaware of how their behavior is coming off?
  • pajamasam
    It feels like people use introversion as a stand in for a personality, and that's lame.
  • kespethdude
    Actually, even the other introverts can't read your mind. Other than that, this is very accurate.
  • crazy8000
    Learn this.
    It's a spectrum there intro and extro is an extreme on each end.

Majority of humans fall into ambivert area that happens to be about 50% of the scale. about 25% on each side of the middle line.

Yes.
    Some intro are immatur and doesn't want to stand for and blame thing's like this.

If you're shy just be honest about it instead of coming with immature emotional driven response/behavior.

Even those on the introverted side can learn to communicate better in a clear and very easy understandable way.
    It's just a matter of will power to become a better version of themselves.
  • Liam_Hayden
    If people don't want to converse with us, we can rant and rave and waste our time and energy, or we can simply move on and enjoy life.
    • I would just kill myself honestly

Everybody abandons me

• Dinosaursandanime65
    Is that a challenge?
  • Anonymous
    I’m an introvert, and this is not correct. You need to understand that for us, it’s hard to approach people. For me, at least, I start freaking out if I need to talk to someone new and it’s one of the most terrifying things ever. I love talking to people, though. It’s just hard with new people. You also need to understand that it physically drains us to be around people for a long time. After a while at a party, my head literally starts throbbing and I need an escape. It’s not that we don’t like people, it’s just that we don’t want to be around them 24/7
    I know you think that we’re all being immature, but really it’s just a stressful situation for us. Imagine yourself in a terrifying situation. Do you think you would be completely calm and normal? If you were falling off a bridge, wouldn’t it be stupid if people were criticizing you for screaming?
    • In many many cases it is unfortunately
      Glad it doesn’t apply to you

• If talking to someone is scary, you have social anxiety
      Being introverted just means you prefer being alone

The issue is many introverts use social inadequacies to justify calling themselves introverts

• Anonymous

No, I’m an introvert, and I happen to have social anxiety too.

• Anonymous
    The behaviors you described here have nothing at all to do with whether someone is an introvert or an extrovert.
    • YouTube even said this is how introverts show they’re mad

• Anonymous

YouTube said so? LMAO!

• Anonymous

YouTube also said that is how women show they are mad, sooooo...