I think it’s ridiculous to have more than two children per family!

Sarahr123

I think children need a lot of one-on-one time and support/affection. People with three or more children always have something lacking, or a lot lacking in their parenting. I think it’s selfish to have that many. Usually people who have a lot do it so they can grow up and support them or sometimes because they’re trying for the other sex so they’ll have six girls and still try for a boy.

I think it’s uncivilised to have so many children. If a child ends up a drug dealer and comes from a large family, I can understand why. Or if a girl ends up a prostitute or a girl that ends up in trouble, gets knocked up in her teens or seems to have issues in other ways - it’s always due to the upbringing. It always goes back to something that happened in the early years. It’s a pattern and it’s been repeated to death.

I’ve seen the dynamics of such families. They tend to be immensely toxic and ridden with child abuse and neglect. Especially ethnic minority families with parents who grew up overseas in developing countries (particularly if they were rural)

And it tends to be worse for White children who are living in poverty with uneducated parents who spend all their government aid on drugs, alcohol and cigarettes so they go to school with torn shoes and the same old uniform they’ve been wearing for three years that is too small for them and hasn’t been washed in a year.

Responsible people understand how much time, money, attention and effort it takes to raise even a single human being to adulthood and give them a balanced social, psychological, emotional, financial and physical upbringing so they tend to have only one or two when they are completely ready. That’s why responsible people also seem to delay parenthood a little bit.

There is no need to have so many children. Especially when the world population is on the rise.

I would like to introduce the two child police globally. This means that each person can only replace themself and then have no more children. Two children per family MAX.

48
15
15Girl Opinion
48Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• DizzyDesii
    Yea well some of us had/have/want/wanted more so it is what it is. The only reason i’d be okay with 1-2 is because im almost 30. I had no intentions of birthing more after that age. So yea im hoping to get at least one before then. Had i still been 18-21, the goal would still be to have 4-12 kids 🤷‍♀️
    LikeHelpful 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • DizzyDesii

But i would only have as many as i personally can afford

• Sarahr123

I always intended to have my last child before 35! I would ideally want two but I’ll be OK with one... but I’d ideally want the one ti be a girl lol.

• DizzyDesii

I would prefer a girl so i can have my kittle many me but im fine with either. And lmao im guilty of the one you said will keeping having like 6 of the same sex until they get one of the opposite 🤣 I was so serious about it too in high school haha. But now i’d just have up to 2 and adopt the opposite sex that i dont get

Most Helpful Guy

• Twalli
    My parents said they had my sister because one child was too few. They said after having her that two children are too many. Therefore I believe that a child takes the attention of 1.5 adults.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1447
  • Spookydood
    I don't think you're in a good position to make that call for other people. It seems odd to me when people go the cheaper by the dozen route, but if it works for them and they're providing for those kids I wouldn't try to stop them.

There are plenty of irresponsible parents with only one or two kids, that doesn't make the situation any better. If you can't do right by your kids you don't have any business making them.
    Like 3 People
    • zagor

People need to quit making a dozen; there are 7 billion people on the planet.

• Sarahr123

I agree. Some people shouldn’t have kids at all. We can prevent more criminals being born if we prevent those unfit parents from giving birth to any at all.

• Dragonpurple
    The biggest thing is people should not be having children they cannot afford.

My mother has 17 siblings, my father has 10 or so, not sure on that side as some died before I was born.

I have over 300 cousins, many with multiple kids and the smallest family is six.

Thing is no one has kids they cannot afford, despite the government paying people to have kids with various money and tax credits and whatever. If you can't afford kids, you should not have them. The government clearly thinks the world is under populated and paying people for more kids.

I felt my parents gave me plenty of attention growing up, only little kids need one on one.

None of my 300+ relatives have become drug dealers or prostitutes, some of the next generation, my cousins kids have had some drug issues but nothing super bad.

We were also taught to be self sufficient, you want college got to pay for it yourself. Parents don't need to pay for an adult child to attend college.

I agree people shouldn't have a bunch of kids they cannot afford, and I'd be okay getting rid of ALL government aid to try and get people to realize, if you can't afford them don't have them. I do not agree with any government entity trying to tell us how many we can have. That would never stand legal challenges in the USA.

Besides if the world is really over populated then the government needs to stop paying people to have more kids.
    Like 1 Person
    • Sarahr123

I live in the UK and I don’t know of any parent who pays for their child’s university fees. All middle class children take out student loans which they pay back when they start working. I guess we are lucky here to have supportive government schemes but all the children from two child families that I know of have been extremely self-sufficient.

• It is half expected here for parents to pay for their adult children to attend college. When I was younger and filled out student loan applications the paperwork actually asked for my parents social security numbers and their income. Something they have never told me to this day.

Without that, was told I couldn't qualify for anything. The system takes parents income into account when deciding what kind of help to get. I had to do it myself and pay for it all.

These days though, due to social safety nets that people abuse. Life styles of just have another random kid, get government assistance to help take care of them... or child support, etc... ends up with a lot of low income problem people.

Those are the ones you describe that end up prostitutes' or drug dealers, etc... they'd be better off taken into state custody and given to a nice foster home with a stable environment.

Really it is self-sufficient that matters, those that are are less likely to have issues. Those that aren't, or don't want to be do.

• kqueen
    The one child policy in China only led to a massively unbalanced gender ratio as women aborted undesirable female children. A two child max policy would do the same.
    Large families aren't necessarily bad. I have 5 siblings and I know my parents were able to give us the attention, schooling, necessities, and other things that children need. I greatly enjoyed growing up in a large family, as I always had someone to talk to or play with and someone was always doing something interesting I could join in on. Me and my siblings are now much closer than most siblings from smaller families and we all still gather for family get togethers. It's a lot of fun.
    Having children always takes a commitment of time, money, and attention and you should always carefully evaluate if you are able to commit before you have a child. That said, that doesn't mean that parents can't love and care for more than two children, just that it is important to make sure they are able to care for another child before they have one. Also, accidents happen and sometimes you have a kid and you gotta scramble a bit to make sure you have the resources to take care of it, but that doesn't make you a bad person or mean you have to abort the baby.
    Like 1 Person
    • Sarahr123

In the West female children are actually more desirable than male children because women are more in control of their fertility here and there is less misogyny and patriarchy overall as opposed to the East and their view of male children and putting men on a pedestal.

I am one of four. My dad is one of four and my mum is one of nine! They’re both fucked up and have fucked up parents who just popped kids out one after the other but neglected them so now they have issues. Those issues were transferred onto us growing up and we grew up suffering from issues too. I just think it’s much more sensible to have one or two and give them a quality upbringing as opposed to the kind of upbringing I’ve witnessed people to have and that I’ve had myself.

All the boys on the streets in gangs and boys who are drug addicts and girls with issues are from large families. I think there is a correlation.

• kqueen

yeah but OP was talking about a worldwide two child cap. Not specifically like, the US. Your experiences are obviously not universal, since I grew up in a good family that was also big. The only thing that our experiences prove is that big families can be either good or bad depending on circumstance and the parents. Poorer people tend to have bigger families for a variety of reasons, and since there is a negative correlation between income and crime, this would explain why you've anecdotally seen more people in gangs from bigger families, That doesn't mean that bigger families cause people to join gangs. I know quite a few families with 4 kids or over where they all grew up to be well balanced adults. If your parents neglected you, they probably would have done so even if you were their only child.

• humpbackjack
    I say kiss my ass cause I raised 4 girls and girls are expensive and we never asked for a check and were very involved they did cheer and swim team and we went camping and have a lot of great memories and no body abused my girls and they were never neglected I busted my ass to give them everything they needed and most of what they wanted so again kiss my ass
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    • Sarahr123

I am one of four myself and I’ll tell you as I tell my parents and grandparents that it’s disgusting to have that many.

• Sonorous
    People having children when they are unable to properly care for them, in my opinion, is a bigger issue. I don't just mean physically, but also emotionally.
    Like 2 People
    • Sarahr123

Exactly! But there are too many of those people popping many kids out. People who do want to take proper care of their children also tend not to have four+ children and leave the elder ones to be mini parents whilst the middle ones end up neglected.

You know my brother has the cheek to blame me for his childhood neglect because according to him elder siblings are responsible for younger ones. Umm no son you’re five years younger than me not 20 years younger. Your parents are solely responsible for your upbringing.

My parents had four. It was my mum’s idea as my dad wanted 0 but she thought popping out four would keep him. He left her and she ended up very bitter with the responsibility of four young children all under eleven. As the eldest sibling I had to grow up overnight and I think it is extremely selfish for any unfit mother to pop that many out.

As a rule of thumb I always assume I’ll be a single mother so how many can I raise alone? I think two would be the MAX. That’s why two children should be the cap per family.

• Sonorous

I'm an anti-natalist, so I'd ideally want us to die out as a species due to not having kids. 🤣 But I'd agree with a limit for 2 each houshold since it's closer to the goal

• Sarahr123

Well we’re all going to die eventually so it doesn’t sound like a bad idea. People’s attachment to the world is ridiculous.

• KostasKouvalis
    Everyone has always wondered why poor people in America have 4, 5 kids, if they can't support them. Than a few months ago an American finally explained that the reason they do that, is because the more kids they have, the more welfare money they get. That's just selfish. These people make me sick!
    LikeHelpfulDisagree 3 People
    • kqueen

yeah because welfare totally gives you enough money to raise your kids and make a profit lol

• It took a family admitting this for you to figure it out but not every American family has more than 2 kids so they can get a check. I raised 4 and didn’t look for a check and my girls were in cheer and swim team and we were very involved

• @humpbackjack Ah, so you are Mormon

• SitBackRelax
    Global police for child control? To hell with global anything! In America we decide what we will and won’t do on an individual basis! It’s the supreme law of the land! It’s called freedom.
    HelpfulDisagree 2 People
    • Offtoracs1

Dumbass liberals need to be stopped

• Sarahr123

@Offtoracs1 you’re the liberal who wants to pop five kids. Conservatives want less children. At least learn political terminology before calling people dumbasses. Dumbass!

• Offtoracs1

Nobody cares bitch. Dont bother stalking and replying to all my posts. Mind your own business little girl.

• rcljr
    You don’t get to tell people how many kids they can or cannot have. With all the couples remaining childless on purpose, millions of abortions a year, in the US alone, someone has to make babies or you won’t have anyone to talk to on here.
    LikeHelpful 2 People
    • Sarahr123

It’s better that way. We don’t need billions of people. If we can cut it to at least 3 billion globally it’d be good.

• rcljr

The world governments are working on that, trying to kill off millions with a poison flu shot, the ones it doesn’t kill will be sterilized. Have you had a hysterectomy yet to prevent ever having kids?

• Offtoracs1

Retarded liberals abound

• Avicenna
    I disagree. Many families can handle more kids than two, and developed countries need their citizens to have more than two since many people never have any at all.
    Like 2 People
    • Sarahr123

Wouldn’t it be lovely if more people around the globe didn’t have any at all? So many unfit mothers would be unable to damage more children.

• hahahmm
    How did our ancestors manage to create great civilizations when they were having 8-12 kids per family? Now the only thing most people create is drama.
    Like 1 Person
    • Sarahr123

There were not that many people in the world then.

Plus I hated having three siblings. Maybe I feel even stronger about this because I don’t like one of my siblings in particular.

• hahahmm

What actually happened was people would have 6 kids and only 2-3 would live to adulthood. But in more recent times... like 3-5 generations back, yeah having huge numbers of kids was normal.

"Plus I hated having three siblings." -- Okay... I know a family with 6 kids. They're all grown & happy and run a huge family business.

• t-8900
    yeah i want 3 minimum tbh. My grand parents had 4 on my dad's side and 5 my mom's side. I want the family name to live on. 1 son is gamble for that too. He could turn out gay or something could happen to him. Car accident, robbery gone wrong, etc, etc. by the way the world population is actually on the decline and has been for like 20 years. You're probably looking at older numbers that were projected. Plus we're going to at some point colonize mars and the moon and who knows where else in the future. Overpopulation is the least of my concerns.
    https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/08/05/overpopulation-myth-new-study-predicts-population-decline-century-14953
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/world/world-population-shrink-intl-scli-scn/index.html
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/earth-s-population-may-start-to-fall-from-2040-does-it-matter-1.3808527
    • Sarahr123

I want two girls but I don’t mind a boy and a girl.

• t-8900

yeah i need multiple boys. plus with girls i'm always way more concerned. Always gotta look over my shoulder worrying about a teen pregnancy or rape. Uuugh the world we live in today is um not the one i want little girls being raised in. I guess with all the sexual predation coming to light and lived experience it bothers me like 10x more

• Sarahr123

I went to an all girls school and not even one got pregnant in pregnancy. It’s all about values and upbringing. You teach your daughter to have loose morals and be a tart and she’ll be one. You teach her to value her honour and save herself for marriage and she’ll stay out of trouble. It’s very simple.

• edgey
    Actually, the world population is on the decline, birth rates are falling. In the USA half of the population is over 65. They just promote mad immigration to help balance the population. Some people can't even afford 1 child, yet they still have them. Then ask the govt for help.. lol I think if your own land or a ranch, the extra hands are useful, and you can divide the land later and give your children their own plot.

Poverty is another thing, how is it that 50 years ago in North America, one person could afford to stay home and take care of kids and the other could work and they were not impoverished? Many of them had 5 -6 kids. Greed. Government greed, political greed, corporate greed, these entities have managed to continue to extract wealth from households. Sometime under the guise of public welfare, military spending, or economic restructuring. Meanwhile they get more and more powerful.

I think it's an attempt to destroy the family structure, and pit men and women in competition against each other. Once the family structure is destroyed, all we have is governments and corporations to guide us. We will be sheep.
  • SixFootSexy
    Have multiple friends from different families of 10+ children. From the same parents. None of them turned out to be criminals or drains on society. The children grew up to be engineers, interior designers, entrepreneurs, botanists, filmmakers, military officers, architects, doctors and everything in between. Many of them grew up poor, having a lot of children is a huge responsibility, but they are all successful and many of them have children of their own now.
    Like 1 Person
  • Apple1996
    Thinking that way is just ridiculous. Everyone should be able to have as many kids as they want. I'm the youngest of 7 and I'm very happy that I had a big family and lots of siblings to love. I'm also making my own big family over here. About to pop out my 3rd baby any day now and already planning the future babies too. As long as they can be cared for then I don't see the big deal with having a lot of kids.
    Like 1 Person
  • pleasestopthis
    Children can have enough attention as long as they're not too close in age. You're entitled to your opinion but others can do as they please. Most families before had more than two children and they turned just fine and a lot of them did a better job at raising their kids than today's parents.
    Helpful 1 Person
  • Shizunk
    You don't get to tell me how many children I am allowed to have, take your fucking tyranny elsewhere. You are free to die out, but I have no such intention. Birth rates are naturally low in the west, overpopulation is a self-regulating problem here. But at the same time we are told there are not enough young people and we need to import outsiders with higher birth rates. Hell no!
    We should have stable birth rates, defend our territory and let others regulate their out of control breeding habits themselves, or suffer if they fail to do so.
    Also, you are completely wrong about big families. Children who grow up in big families still get a lot of attention, it depends a lot more on parenting style then on the number of siblings. More siblings on average means the children will be more experienced at navigating relationships with their peers. That's about it.
    Disagree 1 Person
    • Sarahr123

More siblings mean your children will be damaged af, people will look at your family with disgust, it will look uncivilised and the middle child will get middle child syndrome.

Also elder children are not there to be mini parents to your younger offspring. It is so unfair and selfish to take a child’s childhood away because you couldn’t stop popping out kids because you were selfish.

Having a child is all about being selfless and all your reasons show you wouldn’t make a great parent because you want to make a dozen so you don’t “die out” umm everyone is going to die out. Even people who own empires don’t have more than three. If you own a significant amount of property and need an heir to inherit it all then it is understandable to want a few but to pop out more than four is ludicrous.

• Mangospacho
    I thought we were done when we had our 4th child but now that I realize how irritating it is for some people, we might try for a 5th or 6th, even.
    Like 3 People
    • Sarahr123

Well it’s your wife’s pussy that’s gonna keep getting loose as a whale. And who knows if she’ll make it past the 5th or 6th.

• And. Blocked.

• Jayplays900
    Depends on your country, to be honest.

Japan's about to have a population under-CRISIS, so it may be necessary for people to have many children. China has an over-population crisis, which means they need fewer children.

It's a weird moral concept, and it plays with different people's opinions that at the end of the day, shouldn't be forced upon people who don't want it. But eh, what do I know? I don't have kids. There little shits.
    Like 1 Person
  • summiter
    I agree. There are enough people on our planet already. My wife and I are actively "practicing" to have a child. We plan to only have 1 or 2.
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • RealMarek
    Most European countries have less than two children per household. As a result, their medical systems will collapse when the millennials become pensioners and many millennials will languish neglected and alone in their old age. No civilization can be sustained if there is a cap of two children per family because many will have fewer than that and not all children survive to adulthood, so your assertion that having more than two children is uncivilized is invalid.
    • Sarahr123

Children are not an “if one dies then the other will replace them.” Every child is precioin and of themselves. If an only child were to die a loving parent wouldn’t have another just to replace that child. If any parent thought of children in that way I would be very worried.

• RealMarek

I’m not implying parents should think of having multiple children as a way to replace an older child should the child die. What I am saying is that any society that permanently limits the size of families to one or two children in an attempt to insure children receive adequate attention from parents will eventually collapse. It is a mathematical certainty.

• Show More (41)