Why You Should Shave The Beard

Beards. Beards. We get it, your body produces testosterone. But we're living in the age of technology where razors are accessible. Why act like you're a cave man?

1. Doesn't Look Good

It doesn't look good. The beard is a horrendous collage of old food, dried saliva, and gnarls. Ew, y'know? Studies suggest that beards are as dirty as toilets. Why You Should Shave The Beard

2. Gender is a social construct and beards are misogynistic.

Men with beards are actually more sexist on average. Those misogynistic pigs!

3. Makes you hot in summer.

I mean hot as in you're going to get heat stroke and die.

#murderabd

4. You cannot access your chin.

Don't you miss your chin?

5. Parents will shield their kids' eyes when passing by your beard on the street.

All beards are at risk for getting lice.

Why You Should Shave The Beard

6. Women do not find it attractive.

They just don't.

7. A beard makes any man look like an escaped convict.

That's not charming.

Why You Should Shave The Beard

#murderabd

2564
Whatthefluff is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Actually, I tend to agree, but as I hate cold weather I split the difference. Starting in about October I grow my beard and keep it till just before Easter Sunday. Then I go clean shaven in the warmer months.

Does it actually make me warmer to have a beard? Probably not, but anything helps and I will admit that my girlfriend and I are both ready to see it go when I shave. (She kind of likes my beard for a while, but the charm wears off.)

Besides, I do get a charge out of my kid's - we have three, ages 7, 6 and 5 - reaction when I come out of the bathroom clean shaven the first time after having my bear. It's really cute.

• WHY YOU SHOULD SHAVE THE BUSH

Bushes. Bushes. We get it, your body produces testosterone. But we're living in the age of technology where razors are accessible. Why act like you're a cave woman?

1. Doesn't Look Good
    It doesn't look good. The bush is a horrendous tangled collage of scabbed period blood, dried piss, and gnarls. Ew, y'know? Studies prove that most bushes are dirtier than toilets.
    2. Gender is a social construct and bushes are misandrist.
    Women with bushes are actually more sexist on average. Those feminazi bitches!
    3. Makes you hot in summer.
    4. You cannot access your clit.
    And neither can anyone else, for that matter. Don't you miss your clit?
    5. Men will barf, hurl and run for their lives when you expose yourself to them.
    All bushes are infested with pubic lice and mites. And you'll even pass them on to your newborn babies the second that you give birth to them.
    6. Men do not find it attractive.
    They just don't.
    7. A bush makes any woman look like a trap or a transvestite.
    That's not attractive. At all.
    #Murderabh

Most Helpful Girls

• Oh my God! Seriously? I love beards, they to me are more attractive than clean-shaven and stop you from looking like a twelve-year-old. Stubble is my favorite. Also gender is not a social construct it's biology (science)

• Your intro and point 2 are precisely the reasons men should keep growing beards. Technology also exists to remove all distinctly feminine physical traits from women, so why do we run around like oppressed 50s housewives with our smooth legs and undergarments designed to enhance our feminine figures?

Gender is not a social construct. The whole "social construct" thing is irrelevant as you're discussing a secondary sex characteristic, and while it's possible for a person's gender to be at odds with their physical sex, sex most definitely isn't a construct, but I'm going to divert myself here because I can't resist.

I didn't have it ingrained into me that girls play with certain toys and women live a certain way. I was naturally drawn to Barbie over G. I. Joe, my curtains have pink flowers because I like pink flowers, not because it's expected of me as a woman, and I wear almost exclusively dresses and skirts because I find them far more comfortable than pants, not because they're feminine. While most of them have traditionally feminine colors and patterns, it's because I like them and not because they're feminine.

I have numerous trans friends who naturally fall into gender roles. The MtFs don't constantly study to see how to live like women. It just comes naturally to them. The FtMs never had to be taught how to be men. They're not proof that gender is a "social construct." They're women with boy bits and men with girl parts.

But, as I said earlier, we're not even discussing a gender trait. We're talking about a physical secondary sex characteristic. The ability for a man to grow a beard is really no different than a girl sprouting boobs.

What would happen if men started demanding that women bind their breasts? Any man who said that would find himself running from torch bearing women shouting "misogynist! Hang the oppressor!" But what happens when a man grows a beard? A lot of women, and even a lot of castrati, hound him to get rid of it.

Men, if you can grow a decent beard then grow one. Reclaim your manhood. Women, if you're not willing to bind your breasts then leave the beard issue alone. Let the men be men. Stop trying to strip them of outward displays of masculinity if you're going to hold on to your femininity.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 62

• I sense bait... do I bite it? I think I bite it... Nahhh. okay fine.

1. No... this is simply false. If you don't think it looks good then that's your business but the fact that you don't like it doesn't translate to "it doesn't look good." Also, toilets are extraordinarily clean whether you believe it or not. Most people have mouths with bacterial content that exceeds three times the amount found in a toilet bowl already. So... if a beard is that clean it's honestly pretty positive.
    2. False, gender/sex are based on biology and are not social constructs. Gender ROLES are based mostly on society and societal perspective of what those things mean based on the differing biology of each gender. Guys with beards are usually guys with testosterone. Blame the hormones not what they grow.
    3. Okayyy? Except no... well... depends on where you live. I don't plan to live anywhere very hot and when you live someplace cold it keeps you warm the way a woman's hair might when it gets really long... do you want to shave your head too because the hair on top literally has the potential for all the same problems as beard hair?
    4. Nope... I don't know why I would miss my chin especially when I have a fluffy cushion where the chin used to be. Fluffy cushion makes hugs fun and comfortable, chins just poke people and get in the way.
    5. Just no, don't be dumb. Beards are inherently commanding of respect and they are gorgeous.
    6. Tell that to my Mom. My dad has worn a beard for almost my entire life and has been married to my mom close to 40 years now. Other than that I've met several women who find beards attractive... including my sisters who have all married men with beards (with one exception but he just likes to keep his trimmed down). Mind you... I have 5 sisters.
    7. Believe what you will... if you hate beards I can't stop you from hating them... but I can totally call you out on how wrong you are for hating beards xD completely wrong. x3

• You know what my beard is? It's my outward expression that I'm not going to be prey to the whim of every capricious sodding woman like you.

• Also, I can vouch for the fact that a beard makes the panties come off...

• Ah, yes, the #1 best function of a beard:

It repels castrating bitches.

• I'm bored right now, so I figured I'd say something here.
    1. Doesn't Look Good

What is it, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"? "Studies suggest that beards are as dirty as toilets." I somehow doubt that study - ESPECIALLY if guys keep their beards clean regularly, EVEN after they ate. I do.

I'm debating whether to laugh or consider being offended. Aw, hell. I'll just laugh - for peace's sake.
    3. Makes you hot in summer.
    Okay, this one I'll give you. I actually do shave in the summer. Though, I'm not sure it's true that I'm going to get a heat stroke and die (if I have a beard) - especially if I keep myself hydrated and chilled. I just don't like to sweat a lot.
    4. You cannot access your chin.

Um... and (for) what purpose/reason do I have to access my chin?
    5. Parents will shield their kids' eyes when passing by your beard on the street. All beards are at risk for getting lice.

So, you're telling me I have bad hygiene habits - even though I wash my beard regularly? Is the beard seriously the new (insert private part (s) here)? Wow. Beards have been around for centuries. Hell, even Jesus had one.
    6. Women do not find it attractive.
    They just don't.

Actually, some have told me that they DO find it attractive. Yes, some were sarcastic. But others were not.

I was always told I looked like an Amish man.

Maybe don't be so pessimistic about people (men in particular). I personally ALWAYS try to see the good in people, even though we're all not perfect.

• hahahahaha
    none of the above is true
    If a man takes care of his beard it will look awesome and tidy
    The issue is with those creepy hipster who takes it too far and ruin the general picture of a bearded man

• "2. Gender is a social construct and beards are misogynistic.
    Men with beards are actually more sexist on average. Those misogynistic pigs!"

This is beyond stupid. I never liked beards myself, but I am now tempted to grow one just because of a statement like this. Or is this a clever parody?

• It depends what suits your face if ur face is symmetrical already with 3,4 days groomed beard if you can grow one you will look fkn AMAZING. And beard like this guy with spaghetti it looks bad just bad being honest

• Not one single fuck giving. If you can't handle the beard ! move the fuck along. Beard doesn't make me hot in summer! IT MAKES ME HOT ALL THE TIME ;)

• "Excuse me, are you an action hero?"
      "No, ma'am, I just have a beard."
      "Close enough, Daddy!"

• I have a beard for a few reasons...

1. I don't care if girls find it unnatractive,
    U know why? Because even when I used to shave and tried being nice and friendly to girls, they would still reject me... so what good would making yourself attractive to the opposite sex do?

2. I like the rugged caveman look

3. So what if we're living in the age of technology and have razors?

4. It makes me feel more manly and brave

5. I can do what I want

• Lol , I have the potential for growing one but I can't stand it. Too itchy, had a little goatee for about a month before I started my job nine and a half years ago but I just have stubble on the days I don't shave.
    If it's a beard that looks scraggly and highly unkempt then they need to chop it off, otherwise a guy that has a nicely kept and clean beard isn't a problem

• 1. doesn't look good is a personal opinion, cannot be counted as fact
    2. more of a personal thing, corrolation does not mean causeation
    3. so does clothes, yet we're not hating on that
    4. why would I need to access my chin?
    5. not if you take care of it...
    6. again, personal opinion, not fact, I know from experience
    7. andyet again, personal opinion...

• Yeah that's why I shave my beard.. I mean I found condom in my former beard one time.. At that point I knew said to beardy that... Bruh you gots to do!..

• Lol The heat is on when it comes down to Abd's beard.

I hope other people get that this is a joke. So be prepared if they don't.

• well i gonna keep my beard even if all women around world hates it , real men won't change for women.

• This is why I wear the beard. To keep people like you away from me.

• 1|2
  • My wife likes my beard. Therefore, everything you say is total bullshit and you shall be ignored.

• Experiences may vary. As for me, My experiences conflict yours.

• I used to have a beard (kept it short), but then it got so gray that I was being called 'santa claus', so I got shamed into shaving it off.

• Lol usually girls love to rub their faces in it. Its so cute.

• Wow. That almost made me glad I can't grow a beard... Because I don't have to defend the decision to someone like you.

1: Beards are not ugly= that's your opinion.
    2: They don't make you misogynistic= that's bull crap.
    3: True. But it also keeps you warmer in winter= win/lose.
    4: Can't you access your head even with hair growing out of it? Yes you can= bullcrap.
    5: Where do you see that= bullcrap. Your mom is just overprotective.
    6: Again that's not true= just your opinion.
    7: Wrong again that's your opinion. And they certainly can be charming. All of these reasons= bullcrap.

Seriously. A beard would be great. Maybe not a really long one. But a full beard would be great. You haven't changed my mind on that. I still wish I could grow one.

#GrowABeard

• More from Guys
    42

What Girls Said 23

• This is going to next level😂😂
    #shaveabd and then #murderabd😂

• @levantine99
      That's not what we are talking about.
      I'm pretty sure you've gotten this wrong.
      We're laughing at how this whole Shave the beard and Save the beard has now reached the next level to Murder the man.

• Speak for yourself, I actually prefer my man with some scruff and at times he has a beard. I love it, I think he looks like a mature man. Now I’m not into a crazy long Santa beard but if it’s a few inches in length I’m fine with it. I seriously think it’s sexy af. Some look better than others with it so it can depend on the man.

• umm the fact that you say men with beard are more sexist is a sexist sentence. smh.

and beleive it or not there are girls who love beards and actually find it attractive ( at least me) .

Moreover gender ISN'T a social contrast no matter how much an increasing number of people are trying to push it

• I like guys with beards lol. If gender is a social construct then the idea of beards being misogynistic is a social construct itself as men naturally grow beards and shaving is unnatural.
    You make a poor case for shaving beards lol

• I have rarely encountered any men that didn't look better with some kind of beard.

• I think beards are hot but of course if it causing skin irritation SHAVE IT. Or you been very uncomfortable every day unless you shave. Just like pubs shave if it you can't handle keeping the bush.

• Beards look great. I really don't get people that don't like them.

• It was funny to see all the "rebels" who grew beards when it became fashionable.

• I dont like beards I like clean shaved guys. Maybe I can settle for a stubble but taht is all

• ... you're trolling, right?

• SHAVE THE BEARD BOYS

• I'm sensing a troll?

• you are nuts

• I love beards! Nooooo

• Honestly I dont mind the beard

• Some men look great with, some without.

• Beards are Sexy.. On the right guy :P

• i'm conflicted. I like the beard but... #murderabd

• aw I like beards haha

• More from Girls
    3