Advice You Didn't Know You Needed: Acne

Advice You Didn't Know You Needed: Acne

Okay so yesterday I informed a few that I would be sharing another mytake this one about acne. Well here it is!!!

Acne: Acne is not just skin deep. It can be caused by many factors, such as hormones. This is why your more likely to break out during your period. Now it's not the end of the world if we have acne, there are many things you can do to help get clearer skin. First we have skin care.

Skin care: It is important to wash your face. Use a gentle soap (I recommend Neutrogena's deep cleanser). Wash your face twice a day, and use some sort of toner. Also make sure to keep your skin moisturized. Dehydration will cause your skin to create more sebum to compensate for the lack of water. Use whatever works best for you (I myself use aloe vera gel). Toner will shrink your pores and help stop debris (like makeup) from getting inside your pores as much. Do not use proactive!!! Yes it will clear the initial breakouts but continued use will cause the skin to break out even more!!! Why? Because it dries out your skin!!!

Types of Acne: Just as there are different skin types there is also different kinds of acne. Such as cystic acne (I get it too). Cystic acne are pockets of pus which are deep in the skin. They are hard and painful. They also take forever to go away. However never pop a pimple, it might scar. Not only that but it opens your skin up to infections. This can be very dangerous. Now I have more information on this subject but I'll move along.

Diet: I know what does diet have to do with anything, but hear me out. Your diet effects your skin. Drink lots of water, eat your fruits and veggies. Thanks for telling me something I already know I should do, right? Well I'm going to tell you why. Those dairy and carbs that we all love actually increase inflammation in the body. Therefore causing acne.

What you can do on short notice: if you have a zit and you have something important then I've got some information for you. Yes I'm talking to you bridezilla. Firstly you can take Ibuprofen it helps with inflammation. However you can also go to a dermatologist and get a quick shot in the zit that will make it go away very fast. Just in time for the wedding!!!

Pamper yourself: Now I'm not saying you have to, but I recommend it!!! Stress can cause acne break outs. So sit back watch some TV and use your favorite facial. While your at it paint your nails and relax!!!

As I said in my previous post I am trying to help stop misinformation. If you have anything you would like to add onto her for this topic please comment below, all inaccurate information will be corrected one way or another. So please don't spread bad advice. Please feel free to message me if you would like more in depth information on this subject, and remember everyone's skin is unique what works for one person doesn't work for everyone.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice and informative mytake!! Well Done!!! That is some good info and not I know you will not want to hear this but, pictures really help mytakes to pop. I am learning how to do blogs for class and they say there is no such thing as too many pictures. I would say a rule of thumb is a picture for every paragraph, believe me it helps. and I would like to see another one of these takes from you! This was really good! Could you please do another Mytake on Health?

• I sure can any specific health topic you'd like to hear about?

• No problem! and I look forward to seeing your next Mytake

• Thanks for the MHG!!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice take

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

• Interesting. I guess there is a little more to it than just washing your face. Good to know:)!

• Cool info , well written

• Are you there message me please

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!