My Preferences In Men

A random photo of a male model.
A random photo of a male model.

Hello . I already made this take a while ago and it was mostly about my dealbreakers and mostly personality traits. Now this will be about my preferences, both physical and personality wise.

1. Personality

I already mentioned a few in my linked take , but I guess intelligence, kindness , sense of humor, confidence , and decisiveness.

I don't mind a man who is a bit feminine , I honestly don't care and have found lots of men with feminine features attractive. However, in making decisions this is just something that bothers me , I don't like indecisive people in general so I would want him to be good at decision making.

I'm also a little bit submissive and sensitive(in my personal life, not outside that though) so I would want an opposite of that in a guy, not totally dominant but I guess 50-60% submissive and 50-40% dominant would be good

2. Body

I do workout often and would ideally like a guy who works out as well , however I fell for many guys who were underweight and very skinny, and even guys who were a bit chubby.

However most of those guys had something in common which is broad shoulders, i have noticed a pattern and i find broad shoulders attractive i guess. Very rarely do I like a guy who doesn't have broad shoulders, don't know why but that's just what I'm attracted to.

I also find muscular/chubbier legs on men very attractive. And nice arms and hands, a guy can be extremely skinny but if he has big forearms I will immediately notice.

3. Height

Same height just looks great in my opinion.

I have liked and approached many short men , so this is more as just a preference and not a dealbreaker. Ideally, I would like a guy around my height so 5'8-6'2 since I'm 5'11 , so the height difference isn't too obvious. I don't have a preference for tall or short really, if my dream guy happens to be 5'5 I can look past his height. But as a preference same height seems nicer.

4. Face

Don't really notice many patterns when it comes to this. I guess I do have a thing for defined jawlines , not necessarily big , but just defined.

Other than that i don't care that much , most of the guys I've liked didn't look much like each other. Most of the men I fell for had average faces , and a few slightly above/below average.

5. Doesn't want kids

For many reasons , I just do not want kids. So I don't care if the guy can't have children or doesn't want them. I guess it would be a problem if he wants them and I don't . Maybe one day I'll change my mind if I find the solutions to my reasons , but as for now I do not want children.

6. Has a good career

So this is just a preference , again if my dream man fits the rest of my standards/preferences and just so happens to work a regular job or is a janitor or anything of that sort , I won't give up on him just because of this.

However I am very career oriented and want to have a good job one day , so I'd like it if he was the same way.

7. A good person

This is something I guess everyone wants, just a good person who is respectful and doesn't judge everything and everyone if there is no need for it.

I guess there isn't much else to say , these are what i consider ideal , however I would say if I find a guy who fits my most important ones so the personality ones first , and doesn't really fit my physical standards I wouldn't really care and I'd still date him .

I'm also still not back in the dating world and probably won't be for a long time , even if I end up single forever I do not mind. These are just the things I find attractive in general, not absolute requirements for dating someone.

1230

Most Helpful Guys

• It's good to have preferences and that you realize that a guy won't always fit into them, but when you meet a guy you click with, preferences tend to go out the window (as they should).

• I think I'm intelligent, kind, and funny, but decisive? Hell no haha. Have me at an ice cream section of a store and I can be there for half an hour. That applies to anything. Body I'd say I'm skinny, but well defined (abs and decent pecks). Not sure about broad shoulders. Height, I'm not tall. Just 5'9". I don't care whether I have kids or not. Having kids means my life will affect one or a few kids a lot. It would give meaning. But not having kids means I can focus on myself and my partner. Either way is a win. Good career? Not currently, but it's in the works. And good person? I'd like to think so lol. Overall I think I somewhat fit the bill, haha. My narcissistic ass just had to explain that.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 28

• wheres the race section... you forgot that lol...
    you should of also listed the races you would date and not date... you know, just so there is transparency

• My question to the poster is this, "What do YOU bring to such a man that he would want YOU?"

• Ooo, down voted by multiple females that bring next to nothing to the relationship. lol
      Not surprised.

• @AuroraRoseat You missed the point. Your reply to me focuses on nothing other than what the OP wants. In no way does that indicate what she has to bring to a relationship. I bring owning my own business, fully funded retirement, no debt, a fantastic sense of humor, gourmet cook in the kitchen, handyman with his own woodworking shop and more. I shop for myself, clean up after myself and any other domestic chore you could name. I am over 6' tall and very good looking evidenced by the fact that I have had three women my age ask me out in the last month.

I'm old enough now to understand that sex is a commodity easy to obtain. So again, what does the OP bring to the relationship besides pussy? If the answer is nothing then she deserves nothing.

As for being out of the 'dating pool' as you so eloquently put it, I am happy to hold myself out of such a pool! I have adult children so the thought of a relationship with a woman that brings nothing to the relationship make my skin crawl.

• That is between her and the guy. She doesn't need to disclose what she is bringing except to the guy and has every right to state what she desires. Who cares what you bring? You aren't seeking her out nor she you so you don't matrer.

• *... hello darkness my old friend... I've come to talk with you again...*

But really, its good to be honest with yourself. if you aren't satisfied with who you are with, its a guaranteed recipe for disaster. Better to be honest and hated than lie and be sad.

Good on you, and this is not sarcasm. Go after only those you know you'd like.

• "this is just a preference" I love that shit lol
    'I just I just prefer guys that make 10x as much as I do lyke...'

Yea and I like athletic nurses, who are more into guns and Trump than I am but we live on planet Earth. And no one is that damned special.

• personality wise sounds a bit like me, i'm also 1,83CM but i find myself to not be very attractive.
    probably more attractive than most people i tend to see (i live in a cracky neighbourhood so that explains a lot) but not very attractive.
    if i had to give myself a number i'd say 5,8/10
    of course that's subjective and anyone could easily tell me i'm a 2/10 :)
    and i want kids. :D

• Seems reasonable. You’re one of the few women who doesn’t put an exaggerated emphasis on height, so I commend you for that. However, number 5 can be a deal breaker for many guys.

• The kid thing will be difficult to come by cuz the above traits usually go in par with rich man loving the kids.

• When I saw the title for this take, I expected you to write something superficial and unrealistic. I was wrong. I especially like how you are realistic about height expectations :).

• thats a great shopping list of perfection - I exceed everything on that list which is why i've slept with so many chicks

• Your opinion, your take. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Don't settle for some thing you don't want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck!

• yep i have none trait from the list yet i dont care, good take and i hope you find your guy one day. cheers

• Very interesting. I've noticed that women preferences are so different than men. I guess we look for completely different things.

• I like you. Nice take!
    I wonder if i should write a similar take to this, or will i get murdered by girls if i do? Who knows..

• The who guys you pictured actually have narrow shoulders, especially the second, so I'm confused as to what you consider broad.

• We haven't started manifacturing custom made human robots yet..

• Well, you'll be single for a while.

• Nobody cares about your preferences.

• Hmm good luck with that

• Interesting.

• Dream on honey. LOL

• nice my take

• There's no such dude

• nice take

• and a nice cock lol

• Do girls like european boys?

• I'm only 5'2. Back to alcoholism for little me 😔

• I'd still be okay with that height , a bit awkward yes. But I'd assume a guy that us 5'2 wouldn't want to be with a taller girl which is one of the reasons why I prefer same height either slightly shorter or slightly taller.

• I will be happy with most girls

• There are plenty of girls close to your height or who'd be fine with a shorter man. You just have to look more carefully.

• The height alone is me out of the competition, I'm 5'5.

• I literally said I have a preference for same height , however I've approached many short men even shorter than you. I said it's a preference and NOT a dealbreaker.

• What exactly are feminine personality features? And how is it justified to call them feminine, if men have them as well?

I feel like women call personality features which they themselves have, but annoy them in their partner, "feminine", just so they can keep those traits themselves, and at the same time criticize them in men.

"No, it's not annoying when I do it, you see, because I am a woman. Be more masculine. (Stop having those annoying, weak, melodramatic or egocentric traits that I have, but don't criticize ME for having them, because when I have them, it's just femininity, and therefore different.)"

If men have those same traits, it doesn't really make sense to call them feminine, does it?

What Girls Said 12

• I agree with most. I don't mind having kids though and while I want him to be taller, I don't see it as an issue because I am 5'5... lol

• I have a few basic requirements. Respects me and treats me well. (It goes both ways). But I also require one more thing, and this is a hard one to meet... he must not have a herd mentality. He must have his own opinions! Think outside the box. Challenge everyday dumpass thinking! If he goes against the norm... like a low social media profile (no Facebook/instagram etc), or doesn’t carry a mobile phone, that’s great in my book.

• I'm completely with you on number 5 and 7; Good take! :)

• Yay you got featured again

• Need help. I have been in a relationship for 5 years. I can say all my life I have never fallen in love. I have loved and cared but never fell inlove?

• Nice

• Good take

• Lol such low standards you are
    A guy has to be over 6 ft look like Channing Tatum, has an athlete's body, drive a Porshe, has a private plane and a yacht, the IQ of Stephen Hawking but also.. "be a good person"
    Suuuure
    Lol both genders need to get off your high horse
    These standards are ridiculous
    Unless you are a celebrity/model or some billionaire or rich heir, poor date poor and rich -rich. Sorry to break off your little bubble princess

• Love your details--perfect.

• I just want a guys that isn't a jerk, who can take care of himself and is considerate etc

• Great

• Lol guys she didn't say "This is how men are supposed to be" or anything. Why so offended? Are women not allowed to have preferences? Even if they aren't deal breakers?

• Glad you understand ! For some reason most of the guys got way too offended ( happens in almost every take though lol ). They think these are my requirements or something. Some of them are just salty they are single and blame it on all girls and think all of us women are the same.