Internal Traits I Like in Men

This myTake is totally inspired by this: 14 Traits That Women Find Attractive In Men.

I find it really interesting to see how everyone view this differently and I was thinking I should put my mustard into this (…Germans, google tells me the correct use is: to add one’s two cents) back to topic, feel free to comment what internal traits you like in a partner.

Also we’re talking about internal traits and not looks. And yes looks are important to me, if I’m going to wake up beside the same person for a long time I want to be amazed and wake up with saying DAAMN` but here beauty IS in the eye of the beholder so let me be, everyone defines and sees beauty differently

Internal Traits I Like in Men

This is not in a particular order, also again everyone has a different opinion about what is important to them and what they like in other people or don't.

1. Honesty
I like people who I can trust and someone who doesn’t mind telling the truth and I personally find honesty so damn attractive. There is a difference between being mean and saying respectfully what’s going on.

2. Respect
Besides of honesty being respectful is so damn nice. We are both human beings and we both should fucking act like it. I won’t tolerate bullshit behavior.

We’re in this together I respect you and you respect me, doesn’t mean you have to agree with all my decisions, but respect them and also keeping the respect between two human beings.

3. Confidence
You hear this point everywhere and from nearly everyone, so yes! Confidence is important.
My definition of confidence is knowing who the hell you’re and trusting yourself that you will handle that shit. Be confident in your body, soul, heart and mind.
I know exactly who I am, I appreciate myself and accept myself for who I am, sure I’m not perfect, nobody is but I know that and it’s okay, cause I’m going to work on the things I don’t like and want to improve.

3.1 Self esteem

Knighted2170 said in his point indifference: “I want her to like me. I don’t need it work, I don’t need her to like me. I’m not going to be super aloof and hope she gets my vibe. At the same time I’m not going to jump into her space either. I’m just going to place myself in the middle and give her the opportunity to close the distance between us. From a cocky stand point I could say “my life is awesome as it is, you would simply be a bonus within it. You can join me, or not.” “

I 100% agree with this. I personally wouldn’t call it indifference tho

Internal Traits I Like in Men

5. Strong mentality
I like someone who won’t break just because something bad may happen in future.

I’m not a pussy and I’m tough when bad things happen (we can cry later but also stand up again) so I do appreciate this trait in others.

6. Dominance
I like men who don’t mind getting their hands dirty, saying what the hell they want and making a decision. You want something, then go get it (in a legal way).
6.1.Doesn’t give to many fucks
There is a lot going on in life, be able to set priorities and separate from Important things to not that Important. Be able to lead your own life and get your own shit together first.

7. Kindness
We are humans with a heart. I feel like you should get what I mean and I shouldn’t have to explain this

8. Passion
Life can be a bitch, but mostly life is fun and there are so many things to enjoy and like. So I like people who have a passion for life and other stuff that you like to do for yourself.

Again we’re humans and just enjoy things and enjoy life.

Internal Traits I Like in Men

9. Adventurous
Look at point 8 + let’s be crazy together and just do some stupid stuff and be a child/teen for a little while. Let us go out in the world and be spontaneous.

10. Humor
Laughing is healthy and good and humor is the way to laugh with someone. Everyone has a different humor but I’m sure this will work out

I see that as part of common vibes, with some you just click and others need work and some well don't even try...

11. Ambition
I don’t care how much money you have or what car you have or whatever but I do care if you have a plan in life.
Perfectly explained in Knighted’s myTake: “It means you have an awareness of where you want to go in life. It means you know what your goals are and you are moving towards those goals in a concerted fashion. It doesn’t mean you are in some comfort zone sitting on the couch eating a box of Ho-Ho’s while binge watching ‘Maniac’ or ‘Black Mirror.’ You actually get off your ass and make shit happen.”

Internal Traits I Like in Men

12. Intelligence
I want to be able to talk to someone and learn something new.

13. Sex
I like a man who knows what he wants and who isn’t afraid to do the dirty under the sheets. (Legally. If someone says no accept it and let it be. Just the fact that I have to add this should tell you a lot about this world by the way.)
Welcome in the 21st century, sex is normal and should be fun for both involved.

*when we're already talking about sex: Advice For Your First Time!*

I hope you enjoyed this Take, I for sure had fun writing a Take again after a long time

I wish you a great day, enjoy life and keep your head high! :)

724
melanieeeB is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• These all fall under the confidence part of the 3 parts men need to be a success with women. The first two are LOOKS and MONEY.
    You missed two thirds of what is important to women. LOL

So, next tell us what makes you a 'catch'. What of high value you bring to a relationship. You talk a lot about what you want in a guy, but never offer up what makes you worthy. Most guys will find that rather short-sighted, centrist, solipsistic, narcissistic.

• My thoughts exactly.
      Also no.7:
      "I feel like you should get what I mean and I shouldn’t have to explain this"
      Man should, she shouldn't. Like he's obligated to be a clairvoyant being, because she's so immature she can't even explain what she wants (that is, if she knows what she wants, and they often don't have a clue).

• Oh well thanks for the input, for both of you

• @blackisnotacolour - This falls under communication styles, men vs women...
      Men communicate overtly.
      Women communicate covertly.

Women are masters at innuendo, nuance. They have a and look for, a hidden meaning in EVERYTHING.
      Men are simple and direct, mean what they say, say what they mean. If you want a guy to understand something you have to be clear and direct, otherwise he just doesn't get it.
      Then you hear the "He just doesn't get me." Well duh.
      And women will start a conversation in the middle of the concept with no pre or post background, getting around to that later, and men are supposed to understand what they're getting at, or speaking to. It's convoluted. The ALL do it.

If you want more clarity on the differing communication styles look up youtube vids by Mark Gungor. The guy is phenomenal.

Oh and yes, women only know what they want based on their feelings at the given moment. Which is highly likely to change, also at any given moment. :)

• It is amazing to me how a woman with those 13 traits (#6 opposite) herself can invoke them in me. Unfortunately, garbage in makes garbage out. This man of these traits is reflective of the women that draw them out in him. Classy feminine women can invoke these traits that have been subdued and suppressed by a harsh misandric culture in many men out there. I agree with all your traits, and 7-11, I do for myself regardless and I don't give a crapola if anyone is paying attention, and 12 you either got it or you don't. BUT, show me a woman that is receptive of these traits. You say you are, but all of these things come with conditions and sacrifices, and I don't think many women are willing to step up to the plate on that.

• Very astute.

• Not much to say, but it's a common misconception that intelligence is set in stone. Recent studies show intelligence can improve over the course of a lifetime. It's just that people assume it can't change and don't bother trying. The recipe is simple: do intellectually stimulating things. Read books, solve some puzzles, try to solve problems that are hard to you, discuss with smart people, ask how and why stuff works the way it does. The gains are usually not large, but you can improve by at least several points that way.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/.../

• @krtek - How is that related to 'internal traits'? Or was it mentioned in the original 'take - I didn't read it all in detail, it's a lot of drivel.
      If a guy isn't stimulated intellectually to do the things you mention, he's not likely to do them. guys are either intrigued and curious naturally, or they're not. You can't generally change this type of personality trait.

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, the traits that boil all down to "personality" are so much more important than looks. If I love what someone is about, I end up loving what is unique and wonderful about the way they look. I've always been that way.

Just have good hygiene is all I ask. I may be a very accepting person, but my nose is not as gracious.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• Like the way you put things. You hit on some points that I left out mine.
    Now that I read your's I think you're right. Self Esteem is a better word choice than Indifference.

Very well done. Thank you for the credit as well, it wasn't necessary. Says a lot to me about your character. Look forward to reading more of your takes. Two thumbs up. 👍👍

• Yeah well you know nobody should run after someone like a dog or whatever, have some self esteem, say what you want, make your effort and then see if the other person will do the same or not and if not well move on, cause like you said this person would only have been a bouns

• This was a good take and I agree with almost everything on here except on Dominance where it lists "legal way" lol

• Well we don't want to act against the law right? haha
      with this sentence I was more thinking of like rape or abuse or stuff where you hurt someone

• Haha Yes I would never dream of going against the law, but in the way you meant it I agree 100%, being malicious and doing messed up shit like that is going to come back those kind of people for sure. Nice take 😊

• You have basically 6.5 points about confidence:
    confidence, self esteem, strong mentality, dominance, doesn't give too many fucks
    These are worth at least half a "confidence point" each:
    adventurous, ambition, honesty (because honesty is speaking your mind)

• Nice strawman in #13. I guarantee you actually DIDN'T have to remind the majority of men that rape is wrong.

Other than that, I'd say this list is pretty much what everyone wants in a partner no matter their gender or orientation.

• But if the guy is ugly none of these would matter at all... you get points for honesty

• This could be included in some of the items you wrote but I feel that for both men and women that 'Loyalty" is important. It takes shape in different forms but support for a partner is very important.

• I need work on things like self confidence, but have the rest down easily. (As far as a virgin can go regarding sex traits. lol)

• Good take... just next time, dont say its Internal unless you mean YOUR internal.

• If you find any guy like that, tell him to pm me. I'll turn gay.

• I have no self esteem and very little confidence, but i would say I have the others, how important are those 2 things? also how would you define not giving a fuck in this context?

• This is retarded. Everything is painfully obvious so why?

• great take. i especially like the last one, the fact that you like a man who knows what he wants in the line of sex

• I only lack ambition... Will sort that very shortly once I'm back on track

• That's describing most guys, but the ugly and broke af mostly

• I hit 13/13.

Thanks for the compliment. :)

• Unrealistic... the 80/20 rule in action again.

• I am thus the perfect man.

• Well said

• I do not like submissive women sorry

• Excellent article... pm?

• agree 100%

• so essentially you want a complete package and for him to only take you seriously when it's convenient for you. and be white, based on pictures.

What Girls Said 6

• Hmm, well for me it's quite simple. I like guys that are nice, they don't have to be muscular and toned to be sexy, I like a guy that can make me laugh, doesn't take everything too seriously, doesn't shower me with random expensive things, I basically want a big friendly bear of a man that can make me laugh haha

• The man's pants are so dark in the picture, you can't see them on first glance, so, I thought it was a woman being dragged XD

5 and 13 are something I really look for now (before saying yes to being someone's girlfriend) Tired of talking to guys with issues who aren't honest about it... and guys who don't know (or want to know) how to please me.

• Lovely Take!

• Sweet Take :)!

• Agree with all of them would have added loyalty and affection :)

• how can a man he affectionate but not take things seriously at the same time? how would you propose breeding males to emulate these thigns?

• I do agree with most of them :) it was nice to read but looks aren't everything!