10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I wasn't originally going to join in on the #WhatIFindAttractiveChallenge but, I was nominated by @desidoll and further encouraged by @ericclayton to do this so, here it is!

There's a lot I look for that I find attractive in a potential partner from a physical standpoint, personality wise, and shared interests/values so it was difficult to narrow down my list! Therefore, I thought I would include a few from each of these categories. :)

1. Strong hands and arms.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I LOVE men with strong hands and arms. I find it so attractive and it's one of the first things I notice on a man.

2. Dark hair with light eyes.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

This isn't a deal breaker or anything. In fact, I've never dated a man with dark hair and light eyes, all of my exes were the opposite (either dark hair and eyes or light hair and eyes)! However, when I see a man with this combination, it instantly captures my attention. I just think the contrast is beautiful.

3. Casual style.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I'm attracted to men who dress casually. Jeans and a plain T-shirt is a classic that can't be beat.

4. Works a blue-collar job.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

There's just something about a man who works with his hands that gets me going. I love it. I think it just shows that he's not afraid to get dirty, not afraid to work in potentially dangerous environments, and has a good work ethic. I've met some men who seemed ashamed of working a manual labor job, as if it wasn't "good enough" for girls and I've told them that it's NOTHING to be ashamed of and actually makes them more attractive in my eyes.

5. Has an interest in history.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

As a history lover, I'm super into men who also love history. I enjoy reading about history any chance I can, especially the Civil War era up to the early 20th century. I find it fascinating and love when a guy shares my interest in it. It just means that we'll have a lot to talk about and he probably won't be annoyed or bored when I want to go to museums and visit historical sites. :)

6. Values his family.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

This one is pretty important to me, I find it so attractive when a man cares about his family and wants to spend time with them. I'm extremely family-oriented myself so it's definitely something I look for in a partner as well.

7. Good with kids.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I want kids someday so seeing a man who is good with kids is so attractive to me.

8. Has a beard.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

Yes, it's true, I love facial hair on men. *shrugs*

9. Is not a "yes man"

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I like a man who knows who he is, what he likes, and doesn't follow the crowd. Someone who can make up his own mind about what he thinks even if it goes against his friends, co-workers, superiors, or even me is attractive. I don't want someone who agrees with me all the time, that would be boring.

Note: I don't mean someone who disagrees with everyone just for the sake of disagreeing. But someone who knows their opinions, where they stand on certain things, and can make up their own mind in specific situations.

10. He listens.

10 Top Traits I Look For in a Man

I know, this one is super cliché but it's true! A man who shows an interest in me, asks questions about me, and actually listens to my responses is attractive. Similarly, I would care about getting to know him and listening to him talk as well. It should go both ways.

Thanks, @desidoll for nominating me! I'm not sure who to nominate so anyone who wants to do it, consider yourself nominated. :P

I also want to give a shoutout to @AngelicSin. Great job on creating this challenge for the GAG Community! I'm enjoying reading everyone's myTakes on it. :)

733
xHoneyxBeex is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Okay so here's me:

1.) I work with my hands, so they're good. Arms? Eh, they're okay.
    2.) I have brown hair and hazel green eyes. Close I guess?
    3.) I live in t-shirts and jeans.
    4.) I'm an electrician in New York City.
    5.) I also find history fascinating. "Those who don't pay attention to history are doomed to ignore it." My personal spin on a timeless classic. 👍😂
    6.) My son sees his grandparents every day and extended family members about once a month.
    7.) I'm a full-time single parent.
    8.) See profile picture. lol
    9.) The only person who ever gets the unconditional "yes" is my son.
    10.) Obviously I paid attention or I couldn't post this list. LOL

Wow! Who knew I was a hot box of rockin' man meat! 👍😉😂

P. S. Does humor, sarcasm, and giving off heat like a blast furnace in the winter score any points? 😂😂😂

• Well, it's no surprise that you want a MAN. Someone to protect, stand tall and have testosterone. I'm pleased to see that there are women out there in 2018 that are still looking for a man who is good at being a man. I am and have always been all of these things and am a leader among men but sometimes in our day and age I feel women "arent" looking for that, until they meet me. Lol those are the women that forgot what they want. Thanks for the article! Lol confidence booster.

• I understand what you mean. Lol Thanks for reading!

• Of course I don't put all the blame on women when men are forgetting how to be men. Lol I didn't have much of a father figure in my life but I figured it out. Like I said your article gives me hope.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perfect man. Add in “loves small animals” and “is outdoorsy” and there you go.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 31

• Okay number 1... I'm working on it... Number 2 I got thank you Swedish family with all blue eyes lol. 3 yeah me pretty much.. Nr 4... Well I'm aiming to be a pilot in the future so that ain't happening... 5. depends on the era and what country. Swedish history I love because it's my country and I also really like ww2 historically and 1500-1800 Europe. Nr 6 I actually try to see my cousins who I dont see that often as they might live in another country as I have norwegian cousins but also very northen cousins which I tried be with a lot this sumemr while they were down south and that was pretty fun. Nr 7. I'm not the best with children but I'm going the I even tried working at a kindergarten once didn't really work out because they had conservative christian values which I did not have. Nr 8 soon I tell you I'm still bit young. nr 9 yeah I'm really not with the crowd which is why people kinda get annoyed with me. Nr 10. I can listen for hours but also talk for hours. Pretty much just talk to me and I'll listen if something else is important and if it comes to a girl I like only the death of a family member is more important.

• He’s not a yes man and works a blue collar job but he listens 😂😂 girls and their cognitive dissonance

• I'm not sure how any of those are cognitive dissonance. A "yes man" is considered someone who "always agrees with their political leader or their superior at work." I know plenty of men who work blue collar jobs and don't always agree with their bosses but it also applies to friendships and interactions with other people too. It's possible to have a mind of your own and work a blue collar job, most of the men I know are like that.

As for listening, again, I'm not sure how that contradicts anything I said. Just because he listens to me doesn't mean he has to agree with everything I say. Listening just means giving me the time to speak and not always talking about yourself.

• It was just a joke that women are very a la carte when it comes to masculinity

• 1# Check
    2# Nope
    3# Check
    4# Check
    5# Check
    6# Check
    7# Check
    8# Nope
    9# Check
    10# Check

Gotta love blue collar jobs, that's the American dream right there, ranching, mining and factory/production work, both love and hate every minute of it.

• Guess what: I did not read your text. Why? If one can accept me, I don't need to know why exactly. If one can't - it would not matter. I guess, you have been talking to yourself? (this is meant positively...)

• Which ones would you classify as deal breakers? If a guy didn't have arms and hands like the guy in the picture, would that be a deal breaker?

• Nah, the only ones that I may consider to be deal breakers would be 6, 7, 9, and 10. The rest are more like "bonuses" to me.

• That's fair. Those would be deal breakers for me as well.

• The only traits on this list I don't fall into are 2, and 8.

For 2., there isn't much I can do about that. I have dark hair, and very dark eyes-almost like a black piercing eyes. I have arguably the darkest eyes I've ever seen. They go beyond "dark brown."

For 8, I can control this, but to this day, I've never grown my facial hair out in my entire life. I shave every day of my life, and have done so for nearly ten years now. I just hate the way facial hair looks, and I hate how uncomfortable it feels when it starts growing back.

As far as my job, I'm a substitute teacher right now, but I also work in an Amazon Warehouse center, and I've done countless blue-collar jobs before.

With that being said, this was actually a good list. It wasn't necessarily superficial, which surprises me on this website.

• I missed every single one.
    That means your polar opposite would find me hot af

• So I guess you're a blue collar worker? Good list! very traditional.

• OMG, I love all those qualities in men!

Sorry, I mean, nice list.

• Not surprising that a girl's *Number 1* trait is strong hands and arms. Hmm, I wonder why..

• Yep, it's a mystery 😉lmao

• I was joking, dude. Lol This post is about what I find attractive and that's a feature I find attractive. Sorry to disappoint you. 😂

• Eh, when you spend as much time on GAG as I do you get the impression that every girl is as I described. It's all I ever read.

• damn im 9 out of 10 not bad... still, you wouldn't like me anyway :D

• You simply have a great taste..

Except the history part..

• thats none of me i have had more chicks than you can imagine

• Everything is great apart from the job part, wouldn't more successful men be more attractive?

• There are plenty of successful men who work blue collar jobs. Some trades pay quite well. My dad, for example, makes great money working in the HVAC field. My uncle is an electrician, which also pays well. There are a lot of opportunities for tradesmen to make decent money.

• Ah. I'm all of them, but balding and short XD

• 3d

Yikes! I only have about 4/5 of those.

• You didn't describe me at all

• You described me

• Nice.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 6

• Yes yes yes!!

• OVER-THE-TOP GREAT! as always Ms Honeybee, I loved it!!

• I am attracted by all of these. But im also attracted by their opposites. And yet, people have said im picky... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Damn I feel so honored you took my challenge! Great Take btw!

• Good with kids 😍 He will make a good father.

• Neat.