Haven't you realised how bad tanning is for you?

The Western world in general seems to love a tan. You see all sorts of brands such as bali body popping selling oils to increase tanning in the sun. Bali Body in particular has an Instagram page featuring many pretty girls that eat well and work out, who many people should aspire to be like.

However, that tan line! Who could some one want this? Sure, the colour really suits her, especially in that bikini, and tans do show case muscle more, but, this is crazy. Don't these beautiful girls realise that exposing themselves to the sun with this kind of intensity is going to destroy their skin completely?

You may not believe me, but let me explain what you see around Europe. In the south, in Italy, where my grandmother is from, the older women tend to look older than they actually are. You see it all the time in sunny countries. My Italian Granny is almost 70, and her skin is terrible, she would always wear SPF 30 suncream on her body everyday of summer, and her skin on her whole body is leathery wrinkled and covered in freckles. It looks like the photo below but more loose.

Sad isn't it? Her husband on the other hand, is English, and despite being older than her, he looks far younger. Even though England is a western country, famous for sunburn, the rain and the clouds have saved the country from skin cancer and damage. His is wrinkled (duh) but not leathery and spotty like this!

Compare this again to my Mother's side of the family. My Russian/Chinese side, where it is crucial to them to stay out of the sun. Have you never wondered why Chinese, Japanese and Russian women look so young for their age? They seldom go out in the sun, and wear SPF 50 suncream every single day. That is the only way to save your skin elasticity and age elegantly. If you want to go the extra mile, you should also wear sunglasses, every bright day, because it protects the delicate skin around the eyes from the sun, and also stops you from squinting, which causes wrinkles too.

She is 45 years old
She is 45 years old
She is 50 years old
She is 50 years old

Do either of them have leathery, damaged skin? No! Don't say that you like wrinkles, because I'll think you're the strangest person ever, if people liked wrinkles, there would not be a million anti ageing skincare products out there. One if the biggest desires in society is to be young forever.

If you're one of those annoying racists that won't take is unless it's from a caucasian person then let Miranda Kerr tell you.

Miranda is gorgeous, started her own non-comedogenic skincare brand and is now married to a billionaire. Well done girl. Do you also notice how she looks 25 when she's actually 35? Yeah she does not tan. She used to when she was in her early twenties, but after that she has only ever used self-tanners. Her favourite place is Japan so I'm pretty sure she learnt some of her skin secrets from Asian women. Just stare at her a bit longer, she's stunning. She wears SPF 50 every single day.

Don't even talk to me about tanning beds, I can't even.

Please... don't do it, you'll destroy your skin with ultra-violet light and you suffer from a high risk of skin cancer too.

And sunburn, holy sh*t, don't laugh when you get sunburnt, it's not funny, even though the upper epidermis of your skin cells renews itself. Getting sunburnt, just once every two years, will triple your risk of skin cancer. Why can't people grasp that something that changes the colour of your skin cannot be good for you. Take a minute to think about how dramatic a tan is, it is frying your skin to a darker colour. Does that not scare you?

That's not saying you can't tan at all. In London at Daniel Hershesons' hair salons they also do James Read tans. If you don't know who James Read is, he is like the God of all tans. He goes round all the model's houses and matches their skin colour to a tan colour, and then paints it on. They don't cost much either. Why not just get a professional tan instead of destroying your skin permanently?

And at home tans cost like £20. Seriously.

But be careful with the self-tanner... cue nervous laugh.

oopsie
oopsie

And yes, you can still tan under the sun.

If you do this once a year, it's not going to destroy your skin, it's okay, you can do it. But. But, your skin will never be like Miranda Kerr's or Jamie Chua's. And, oh for the love of god wear suncream. Please. Don't be that person who says 'I'm going to use factor 15 because I want to tan' either. Don't do that.

So girls and guys, if you read all that I'm impressed. Wear suncream and shades. Don't use tanning oils. Never let yourself get fried.

May you all age like Miranda Kerr and George Clooney. <3

1611

Most Helpful Guys

• When I would work as a lifeguard I would either put on SPD 30 or 50. No matter what I did I would always get tan. My skin would get so many freckles from being in the sun. If it was very hot outside, I'd throw a t shirt on to protect my back.

• no more dangerous than anything else. everything has a little bit of radiation in it, not enough to kill you, in low doses of those things, but, everything can kill you, or damage you. tanning is just one of those things. why you chose to talk about tanning

I DONT FUCKING KNOW

Most Helpful Girls

• Errr the girls you posted all had plastic surgery, and the Asian ones use whitening stuff too to be paler, you do realize that, right?
    The sun certainly plays a role in aging, that's true depending on who, like especially western people lack melanin in their skin. They handle cold climates better. That's also why there is this famous generalization that western people age way too fast than others. Arab, Hispanic, African and Asian (depending on the area and the genes though) have more melanin in their skin and are therefore more protected against the sun and are less prone to age fast (genes). These people need the sun though, for vitamin D. People who don't or merely have melanin create vitamin D naturally.
    Your grandmother might just have a lack of melanin, genetically speaking. My grandmother is Mediterranean too. She used to live in the mountains, used to have a farm and she worked in the sun all the time. Yet she has no single wrinkle and she looks 30 years younger than her actual age. She is naturally light olive tan.
    The reason why people tan is because it is universally considered attractive and science backs it up. Tan= healthy, it's connected to eating healthy (beta-carotene gives you that tan color too). That's why people try to get the tan. In my opinion, people should be just happy with how they look.

• "May you all age like Miranda Kerr and George Clooney"

Is this a joke? George Clooney has had a lot of Botox and plastic surgery and he still looks older than his age in my opinion
    Also the reason Miranda Kerr looks so young is primarily because of her face shape (round) and because she lives a life with no stress
    She doesn't have a 9-5 office job, bills to pay, to do the chores etc.

Also I've seen lots of white people that age terribly. If anything, it's Mediterranean women that have a beautiful complexion because Mediterranean diet is rich in olive oil, dairy products, fruits, fish, vegetables, beans, greenies etc. All of these foods are rich in vitamins and antioxidants that are good for your skin...

• Of course this is just I have personally noticed, my point is still the same. Tanning is not very good for you. Of course diet is a significant factor, I was just focusing on how much influence around tanning is on social media nowadays, each to their own though. Sorry about the George clooney line, I threw that in for the guys, I didn't consider botox at all. should have researched it. Thank you x

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 9

• 7d

Well I don’t know I was born with built in tan no need for sun to get this from me. Don’t really understand why people are jealous.

• I step outside and I’m tan within like an hour. Right now my skin is an olive color.

• Wow it must be nice weather where you live, wear sun cream 😉

• I hate tanning, I hate tanning.

• I have dark skin so no need for tan 😂 LOL

• I don't really care enough lol.

• WE. DON'T CARE. :)

• Can I get the 50 year old Korean girl's number?

• No..

• Lmao the 45 years n 50 years girl u mentioned looking like in her twenties.

Are you sure they are aged?

If they come in front of me i will be on my knees and propose them❤❤

What Girls Said 14

• 5d

I did, I don't tan, I always use spf when the sun is up. I look better fair. If I want a tan then fake tan exists and it's much better than burning my skin in the sun

• I agree completely. Also, everyone PLEASE use sun screen regardless of your skin tone. A little part of me dies every time I see someone with dark skin claim that they don’t need sun screen because their melanin protects them from the sun. NOBODY is completely immune to UV radiation.

• I agree if your skin burns easily/cant tan then tanning is not good for said people since there skin lack the Melanin to help it but getting vitamin D especially from the sun also helps the skin and even emotions there's also many other reasons why im against Whiting/tanning.

• :)))) what’s funny is readin slll these girls starting example of this and that... regardless of alllllll the examples in the world... you miss anonymous are 100%correct!

I only try to help people once! If they dismiss thatbhelp I don’t insist..
    some people do just have very bad luck and age horribly but at the end of the day, the fact remains that the sun or any skin tan WILL age you gpfaste than fast. :). Good take!

Only when they start seeing wrinkles will they MAYBE remember this advice.

The sun is good to us... but We only truly need about 10 to 15 mins of sun a day. It also helps us be in a happy mood. But that’s a whole other thing.. :)) The end.

• 7d

I agree. I don't understand all these people trying to dissent by bringing up botox and celebrity status because that really doesn't matter--the sun still affects them the same way it does everyone else

Tanning is terrible for your skin and health. I don't want to look like beef jerky when I'm older. I had a patient the other day who is possibly the single ugliest woman I have ever met in my life, and she went on and on about how much she loves to tan. I'd post a picture of her here if that didn't violate HIPPA just so people could see all the wrinkles, dark spots, and splotches tanning causes

And I'm a ginger, so I follow all the guidelines the lovely anonymous poster uses, but I bump my SPF up to 100, and never use less than 75

• My derm told me a tan is a pre-cancerous glow.
    I never tan, I never go outside, and I wear sunscreen daily.

• Whats so bad about ageing?

And I do not tan my skin or wear spf.

• Do you really think Trump can't afford the best FAKE tan money can buy? And you think a £20 tan will do better? Also fake tans only last a few days.

• I never tan. I like my pale skin and always wear sunscreen in the summer. I also don´t lay in the direct sun only in the shadow.

• 장흥출장안마 -후불100%ョØ1Øp3094p6846{카톡NW30}장흥전지역출장마사지샵'예약'장흥출장bk안마bk장흥출장안마cos여3장흥마사지황형ヨpラ

• So you basically can’t tan so you hate it?

• this sums it up.

• I don't hate tanning at all, I tan a little pretty much every summer, I'm just trying to explain why it's bad. Each to their own. Everyone, and their skin, is different.

• Why tan anyway? What's the point?

• I won't

• you can't compare the genes of a white girl to a Japanese woman (they literally live the longest in the world). their diet is way different from the western world. and miranda kerr looks exactly her age, stop lol

• George Clooney hasn't aged well, though.