Girls: Guys "Do Not Care" Overall About Girls' Hair Colors!

This shouldn't take too long.

Also as usual, it needs to be said apparently that I'm speaking in terms of the overall overwhelming majority of guys here, as in the Bell Curve. Not literally each and every single male on the face of the Earth. Duh.

Girls: Guys

So, I see a hell of a lot of questions on GaG here

asking about whether guys find girls of a particular hair color or skin color or eye color attractive or more attractive than others. "Do guys find green eyes attractive?" "Do guys find blond hair attractive?" "Do guys find Asian girls attractive?" Girls... please...

...I'm going to make this really simple-- we don't fucking care. Like, at all. Overall we don't.

We care about this:

Girls: Guys

^ This girl is hot/pretty because she's hot/pretty. She has a very fit, slim, alluring physique with lovely legs, a taut tummy, and a nice chest. A pretty face and smile compliment it. You think guys think she's hot because she has brown hair? Uh... really? Seriously?

Now let's say a guy says "Oh man I really have a thing for Indian girls." Uhh... okay, well he means Indian girls who look like THIS:

Girls: Guys

He does not mean every Indian girl out there; it's not like he is going to find literally each of-age female in the entire world attractive.

Basically, guys may say things like "I only date brunettes" or "I really find Scandinavian girls attractive" or "I love brown-eyed girls" or whatever, *but those are completely secondary considerations to what guys overall find attractive first and foremost, which is face and figure.* Period.

...If a girl who is blond is blond and hears from a guy she likes that he really has a thing for redheads, well, uhm.... that really doesn't matter.

If you're charming enough and nice enough and have a nice smile and you keep yourself in good physical shape with a slim weight, it is *MORE than possible* (it's almost likely) that you will get his attention and turn his head. Your hair and eye color is completely secondary. This is really, really simple.

Girls: Guys

That's all; you can stop asking those questions now.

~Thanks for reading. Hugs and kisses.

3062
Anon-ymous1 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree that it definitely is secondary.

I'd say these are how the things I look for are ranked by importance (not including personality)

Primary:
    - body shape
    - breast size/fullness
    - ass shape/size
    - complexion
    - face

Secondary:
    - hair color
    - hair length
    - skin color
    - height

I don't even notice eye colour. Like who the fuck cares about eye color?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 29

• this is the truest thing on GAG. i had a thing for black guys who play football or basketball and then i somehow found myself in a relationship with a blond haired, blue eyed white guy who was captain of a soccer team lmao

• Lmao that seems like such a cute story though, like out of a movie or smthn xD

• All I know is people are friendlier and so much nicer to me when I’m blonde... Noticed a stark difference each time I’ve changed my hair actually.

• I agree, also when it comes to relationships I feel as If these things fly out the window. When I was younger I said I Only liked dark brown haired men, yet dated two blondes and couldnt care less.

• same, i prefer dark-haired guys, but i found quite a large percentage of golden boys hot too.

• 4d

This girl who is plus size says she dong care about a man type, if she want him she can get him. She dont care if he color struck and claim to hate fat girls. She dont focus on that. I think that's a healthy outlook.

• I would have to say majority of guys are what you said. But wow Guys are way less picky than us girls. Sorry that you got feminists overreacting down their.

• I wouldn't say majority of guys are like that, because I would say majority of humans are like that. Me at 15 would say "oh I love blond guys". I've only dated dark haired guys. We usually discriminate more through shapes (of both body an face) and don't really care that much about colors. However there will always be exceptions and some guys and girls could be exagerately restrictive about what hair/eye/skin color should a person have in order to date.

• Yeah but look at the absurd plethora of questions that girls ask all the time every day about hair color and hair length and eye color, both on this site and elsewhere, and you'll see why this Take is necessary.

• I see how this post is necessary, is quite tiring to see the same questions over and over again

• I thought the title was correct, it is about personality and love, NOT LOOKS. Not about their bodies either. That doesn't show interest in them, it shows interest in her body. GeT oVeR iT!¡

• I have no idea what this comment means.

• she can;t accept the raw truth of your post. let me try:

We only care about your body and looks, that other crap you mention is meaningless to men. Get used to it. But some dude will lie about all that to get in your pants. Done it 100 times.

• What if I'm interested in her AND her body?

• 7d

well just to let you know dude... we girls when deciding what color we want our hair to be.. aren't taking your opinions into consideration at all...

• 7d

we honestly dont give a shit what guys think about our hair

• 6d

That's cute and all, but perhaps you should explain that to the dozens and dozens of females who ask whether guys like particular hair colors all the freaking time on this website.

• 2d

except if the girl is trying to give her man something he likes that will turn him on. Uh huh.

• If a guy doesn't date me for my hair color , well then I've dodged a bullet

• I completely agree and I'm not gonna ask random people either. Good post

• I bet some guys have slightly different opinions, but I think you hit the nail on the head pretty much. Hair color is so easily changed, also.

• 7d

This is senseless. Some guys don’t. Some do. I know a lot who do care. So basically, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• I’m a black woman, but if I was white, I wouldn’t mind having red hair.

• What about hair length?

• Nope. Same thing. We care, but it's entirely secondary to figure and face.

• Cool beans, said the redhead.

• Okay but what about hair texture?

• Same thing.

• I don't know. I love my hair but ik a lot of people hate on kinky curly hair

• Perhaps, but what I said stands; overall if she's pretty and fit and fun to be around, we aren't going to care. It's not something that matters to us.

• 4d

Good take. ...

• I care

• Ok, great... Whatever...

• 1d

thanks, that was really helpful

• uhm I think they do care. Lots of my coworkers (males) tell me I look better with this or that color

• 6d

Okay but... again, it's entirely a secondary consideration. The point is that if they didn't think you looked good at all in the first place, they wouldn't care about your hair as it is anyway.

• Where I’m from guys love girls with blond hair and blues or just blonde

• I like how the guys comments here says otherwise and there's plenty telling you you're wrong and they think differently, but sure.. tell people to stop asking and what all guys think😂 Plus Ultra

• Appreciate the positivity here but there are some guys who will reject a girl just based on hair or skin color. Some guys like girls who only have blue eyes and some guys only like Asian girls.
    So if you have two girls of equal attractiveness (that are both a 9 based on facial features) a guy might reject one of those two because she doesn't have blue eyes..
    Extremely shallow but it's a bit true

• "Some guys"

Right. Not most.

• And again, yes, I already agreed with you in the Take, if you actually read it-- I didn't say it doesn't matter *AT ALL*. I said that it is entirely a secondary consideration. As in, indeed, if you have two identical girls that are both actually attractive, then the guy will choose the one with his hair preference, true. But how often does that happen? Basically never.

• That was great! Thanks.
    It was good to know coming from a guy.
    My SO has a thing for blond girls. I am a brunette, and it has always been a source of insecurity for me. I ask him about it, and why he didn't get a blond girl in the first place instead of me. But he was never able to give me a coherent answer like the one you just explained.

• It's entirely secondary, is why.

• He probably chose you instead of a blonde girl because he was emotionally more connected to you than to any blonde girl

• men r like: ugh we dont care bout ur hair or makeup or eyes or whatever its stupid *only ever posts pics of extremely perfect attractive girls with everything they supposedly dont care about*

• Um... what?
      I made it really clear in this Take that we care about face and figure. I said we don't care about eye/hair/skin color.

• (i just think its ironic that the women in these pics have the billion other things that women are insecure about and you name them: flat belly, boobs, face, and all that, in a post where apparently 'we dont fucking care')

• 'girls quit asking about your looks most men dont care for petes sakes! all we want is: *victorias secret model looking gal*'

• Yeah, nobody cares about anything in particular.. but everybody prefers something. I guess thats just what people here want to know (yeah, inlcuding guys).

• Everyone is different. I have a thing for brown haired guys with blue eyes, but that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t date a guy because he doesn’t have brown hair or blue eyes. lol. It’s clear that if a guy say that he have a thing for blondes (like 90% of the guys) that doesn’t mean that he wouldn’t date an attractive brunette woman if he has the chance to

• Guys - - Girls *do not care* about your penis measurements.

• I'd agree if I didn't here girls always talking about it or constantly say they don't care but then say but he can't have a small dick right after

• @DianaWest don't try and switch the script women have been doing that far longer than men and facial appearance can be heavily changed with out any plastic surgery these Instagram models do it all the time with make up which is a big advantage women have over men and one again we women can lose weight so that is not an argument that's very viable for you which losing weight can also vastly effect what you look like facially and shit loads of make isn't necessary in every case you can do plenty to change your self facially that'll make you more appealing to men I know this can apply to women because men lie to themselves and it's pretty basic s*** that anyone can do and l take be honest most men these days are more about ass then boobs this is in and for a girl who's is a little bigger it's is a blessing considering they that wasn't always looked at that way and skinny women are still praised to holy hell plus you can be a mixture of both which plenty men find appealing oh and to let you know you don't need surgery to get a bigger butt men have adapted and find beauty in a lot of different women these days cause we have to cause you women and your standards these days are borderline outrageous while women have not they have adopted a victim mentality when a lot of it's you can change to meet the appeal of multiple different types of men instead of being lazy like most women are in dating these days work on yourself to find someone that fits you with these ridiculous standards that men will never accept and are even starting to retaliate over it's time for women to wake up for real

• says the woman hiding on a site where your already not listed as yourself. No guy in the world believes that nonsense, even at my age.

What Guys Said 60

• I would say that this is generally true, but here's my caveat to it:

It needs to *look* natural, even if it isn't actually natural. When done by a professional, even crazy blue/dark red/purple can look as if it was natural, even though we all know that's impossible.

Bleached blonde looks trashy and terrible. That's probably the only color on its own that I do not like.

Ultimately, hair style/length matters a lot more than color.

• Good take and info. We see SOOOOO many pix of gals and guys who look "too good to be true". You can always use "TinEye" website to check them out. If it comes back with 2.300 matches, then you know it's a scam. If there are NO matches, then it's (at least) a unique photo that hasn't been lurking on the internet, with a higher chance of being legit.

• I’m a bit confused by your claim. In the title and some of the sentences, you seem to be saying that hair / eye color doesn’t matter at all. However, at the end, you state that it’s secondary (implying that it means something but it isn’t a big deal).

I agree with your “secondary” claim but disagree with a “it doesn’t matter” claim. Personally speaking, I wouldn’t go so far as to say I don’t care at all as the title or some of the claims in the myTake suggest. However, like you say, I don’t treat hair or eye color as a dealbreaker. I. e. if I was trying to rate some women in terms of physical attractiveness— if they had similar faces/figures, hair color would act as a tie breaker. Likewise, (at least for me) unnatural hair colors would likely be a turn off and could make someone look unnattractive. I. e. bright pink, or a bad dark red color, or whatnot. I would definitely say they mean something, regardless of how attractive the face/figure.

More so, if you are asserting a stronger claim that only face/figure matter, I would disagree more. Hair length matters more than color for many guys (based on responses to questions I’ve seen). Some guys find pretty short hair as a turn off by itself, and many others consider it a turn off if the person isn’t more-or-less attractive enough to make it work.

Now, I’m not implying such things are the things guys look for when determining attractiveness, but I don’t think I’d go so far as to say they don’t matter period.

• Matters that are entirely secondary "don't matter" compared to matters that are *primary* considerations. I was forceful with my wording on purpose. Sure, they matter some-- just not nearly as much as face and figure. That's the point.

• 6d

— the title saying “do not care”
      — “ we don't fucking care. Like, at all. Overall we don't”

Yes- you reword things when you get to bold, but I felt it was a vague from the other part. That was just my experience as a reader. Regardless whether I’m part of the minority or majority who interpreted/read things like that, that’s simply how I felt.

• I love how you always arrogantly assume that you speak for the majority.

• That is not entirely true. I cannot stand Red hair on a woman. Ideally, I love blonde hair and blue/green/grey eyes. I however have dated 2 women with Red hair and just put up with it. But I will definitely try my best to stay away from women with Red hair. However, in the end, pussy is pussy and sometimes you just can't help yourself.

• I do care. I just like the natural color.

I saw my girlfriend's natural hair when we first met. Then she changed it.

I was like. . . what?

• Okay, but... did you read it?

• ... What? The point is that whatever it was else that attracted you about your now-wife, if the rest of her was not something you found attractive, "oh but it's okay because I like her hair color," like... no. That's not a thing. It is a secondary consideration. Which is what I said.

• I think we are agreeing dude.

I am saying it becomes a primary consideration when she changes it.

• Guys do not generally care about a lot of stuff. They care if you are pretty (which isn't as hard as it sounds, pretty is also a question of demeanor)
    and kind. If you can act nice and sweet, you're pretty much assured to find a decent guy. Provided you have something in common with him.

• Yes! Awesome. Now, this is finally some editor, who knows his shit.
    I share this frustration. Hey, do you feel like doing more of these? Short, straight to the point, with mandatory "not all, but majority" etc. explicitly stated myTakes about FAQ? No, not the FAQ about this site, but literally frequently asked question here. The same stuff over and over again.
    Penis size, for example, is another one of those.
    I just cannot stress enough, how good this is. It should be pinned somewhere, with other FAQs. Seriously.

• Wrong. Guys dont like girls who look unnatual. So the botox that freezes your face and the neon pink hair has got to go...

• Wow, there's goes a individual's
    preference... Submit your clone
    registration forms below.

• Hey, doesn't matter to me because if I don't like a girl,
      hair color means nothing.

• Yes... right. That's the point.

• Great and perfect take, let me add to it, jewelry and clothes mean nothing at all to us other than in regards to how much skin they reveal. That shit is for other women only. It is a pain in my ass to try to remember to have to say something complimentary about my wifes new fancy outfit to avoid getting "in trouble". I really could give a shit less, rather I care lots that she is working out and not overeating but god forbid I speak my mind on this. Women are crazy

• We have preferences, but ultimately we'll never reject a girl for her hair color.

• Gonna have to disagree with you there. long silky black hair, dark strong eyes, and under 5'7" come first, you have to qualify to reach qualifying. The second round is normal stuff the finally personality. Not everyone has low as hell standards.

And hey, mine worked cuz I found and caught the girl of my dreams.

• Can agree.

I have an irrational bias against blondes, but it doesn't mean I don't find blondes unattractive.

• As long as they are clean and in order, the color doesn't matter.

• I care, I would definitely choose a redhead over a light brown haired girl.

• Sure, if the rest of them looked relatively the same. I didn't say there isn't a preference; I said it's entirely secondary.

• Excellent Take, I agree 100%, there are lots of beautiful girls of all hair colors, ethnicities, eye colors etc.

• I agree with this. But I do have a thing for gingers and blonds are last on my "list" but as long they are beautiful and interesting I dont care about colour of their hair, skin or eyes.

• 5d

Hair color does matter, it is not first but is it significant. It can change a girls whole look, especially when they go from blonde to black it really changes them

• 4d

Yeah but... not much in my opinion. If their face/figure are hot, then they'll be attractive regardless of hair. It changes their look, sure. I mean, that's the point of changing it in the first place. But it won't make them unattractive.

• 4d

agreed, hair color will not make them unattractive

• When it comes to hair, we care more about the length than the color. Though, if it's an unnatural color, like green or blue, then that does matter to most guys.
    Same with eyes: we care more about shape than color.

• Yeah, but... we still don't care as much about that either as face and figure.

• 3d

I care more about how fake a girl looks with too much make up than I would ever care about hair color.

• 5d

I agree. I think personality and other things are more important than hair color.

• True even tho red hair is the best and green eyes are attractive.

Combine both and prefect.

So i guess i do care, but yea most of these questions are dumb.

• i like black hair and redheads
    but its not like that i would say no because she is blonde or whatever
    sure we can try why not

• Your right in a way. Let me elaborate how It works. For a person into blondes, if a girl is a brunette she's a 5 but if she turns blonde she becomes a 7 or 8. A hair color just adds up to the beauty score

• A fake hair colour/dye is more attractive?

• Sometimes. But the shade must match your skin color. There are people who prefer natural though.

• I don't really care but I prefer blonde women in general.

• Sure, but an unattractive/overweight girl who just happens to be blonde isn't going to turn your head solely based on her being blonde, which means it's entirely a secondary consideration, technically. I like blondes too... a lot. As in, I like ones who have a pretty body and a nice personality; I don't actually care that they're blonde.

• Yeah true, I didn't mean it's a very important thing and not a basic thing

• These days one should be careful what they class hot and sexy about a woman not all but some because unless you know them in accordance to their attitude and characterists u may miss it all because though the outside of a cup looks clean yet when happen to have the ability to see inside the cup the difference is often contrary to what one originally expected. So with much thought it gives one the reason to think its not always how it looks from the outside until the inner contents is revealed.. and let this once again this is not a stereo type of women because a great number of flow flawlessly without any introduction from anybody.

• i think every guy has his preference but at the end we do not care that much

• Not bad... but i honestly have a thing for brunettes... skinny.. chubby. Dont matter. Just not free willy.

• Actually your wrong hair color is vital to a woman's appearance as well as her hair length. Without that even the hottest looking woman can look like dog shit if it's not the proper length and color

• Mkay but that's entirely the point-- how would you even classify her as "hottest-looking" then if hair color or length is a *primary* consideration, rather than a secondary consideration? As in, her face and figure is what actually makes her attractive and her hair is just a nice bonus? If hair matters *first,* then couldn't even chicks that are whales be called "hot" as long as their hair ie nice? That doesn't make any sense, dude.

• No I never said it was primary the primary is the face and hair basically the whole head first. When you look at somebody your eyes immediately look at the person's face and hair their whole head then their bodies or sometimes you get a visual of the whole woman and quickly know what's wrong with her within the first 5 seconds of looking at her. It happens all simultaneously at a distance unless up close then it's head then body tits stomach legs pussy ass

• No figure is also primary.

• Show more from Guys
    30