Anti-Aging Products That Actually Work (Backed by Science)

To see the science of skin care anti-aging, myTake: Scientifically Demonstratable Anti-Aging Techniques, for Skin Care.

1. Nuetrogena Microdermabrasion System, 20$ at Target

Nuetrogena Microdermabrasion System
Nuetrogena Microdermabrasion System

2. TruSkin 15% Vit. C Cleanser, $16 at Amazon

TruSkin Cleanser
TruSkin Cleanser

3. Neutrogena Rapid Tone repair Day + Night Moisturizer -- With Retinol SA and Vit C. $22 at Rite Aid Pharmacy, or Walgreens.

Neutrogena Rapid Tone repair
Neutrogena Rapid Tone repair

4. Hydraskincare 3 Color LED Photon Light Therapy, $280 at Amazon

Hydraskincare
Hydraskincare

And that's it. Very simple, all effective.

3
1

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous

Not everyone can buy costly cosmetics.

Is this still revelant?
    • Robertcw

Trust me, I feel that. But I think at least the Microdermabrasion system is a great value.

And the LED light system would be a long term purchase that should keep working for a long time.

• Anonymous

The people who can afford these things can afford surgeries too. The cost of dermal fillers is less than the LED light system with higher success rate.

• Robertcw

Hmm, I didn't know surgury was less than $300. Either way, I don't think spending $17 on a month supply of microabrasion is back breakingly cost prohibitive.

Unless that $17 is really needed for food or gas or anything else. You could just use hand soap to wash and that's it.

But like makeup is at least as expenaive as this stuff isn't it?

21
  • Iron_Man

rub Vitamin E oil all over your face take vitamins internally drink a lot of water and exercise and you to can have the Fountain of Youth

• MlleCake

Where's the citations from scientific sources showing any of these work?

• Robertcw

Nuetrogena has one of the best R&D programs in the industry. They publish their results of clinical trials on the box. I have seen the papers in the past, but I didn't save them.

Retinol is well established in the medical community as is often prescribed by dermatologists.

Red light therapy has also been studied, but I don't have the actual papers. But it works because linger wavelength light can penetrate to the deepest layer of skin. Those cells then can use the energy in the light to produce ATP, which causes cell production in the dermalayer. And since dermacells produce collagen, red light therapy causes collagen production.

Vit. C has also been studied clinically. But I am less familiar on the actual science behind it. However, I have used the above cleanser and what it did for me was bring out beautiful reds and oranges in my skin tone. It also worked in evening my skin tone, and increasing the thickness of my lower skin layers. I could visibly see a difference when I had to cycle off it because I couldn't afford the product over summer.

• MlleCake

Yeah, and you claimed that your claims are backed by science.

I want citations.

Thanks.

• Robertcw

And they are...

• flowers70

I'm getting a midface advance early so I dont look old