"If her stomach is still flat, she's curvy, not fat." The TRUE difference between plus-sized, thick, and BBW ladies.

MCheetah

So I see a lot of people talking about what it means to be "big and curvy, but healthy" and "fat" and there seems to be a lot of confusion. I'm sick of guys and girls getting plus-sized, curvy, thick, full-figured, and BBW mixed up, so I made this MyTake about it, since I enjoy all types of these women. I love 'em all, from BBW to small. This is a quick gallery to just show people the difference in female body sizes.

CURVY/PLUS-SIZED
These women have wide hips, big boobs, a big booty, etc, but her stomach is still flat and she's still in healthy shape and possibly even better athletic condition than the average woman. They're most notable for having wide hips and a wider frame, but are NOT "fat." Usually between a size 13 to 16.

If her stomach is still flat, shes curvy, not fat. The TRUE difference between plus-sized, thick, and BBW ladies.
Ashley Graham (58.5"/174 cm)
Ashley Graham (5'8.5"/174 cm)
Chloe Marshall (510"/177 cm)
Chloe Marshall (5'10"/177 cm)
Jennifer Maitland (58.5"/174 cm)
Jennifer Maitland (5'8.5"/174 cm)
Robyn Lawley (62"/187 cm)
Robyn Lawley (6'2"/187 cm)

THICK/CHUNKY/"THICC"
These ladies might have a small belly on her, but is more known for having BIG EXAGGERATED CURVES! Enormous breasts, huge thick thighs, a plump bubble booty, voluptuous hips, etc. They may technically be "overweight," but they typically work out, are regulars in the gym, and are not "sloppy looking." Note that their bellies are not really protruding or hanging out. Usually between a size 16 and 19.

Avi Berri (61.5"/186 cm)
Avi Berri (6'1.5"/186 cm)
Tara White (61"/185 cm)
Tara White (6'1"/185 cm)
Shelby Fetterman (59.5"/176 cm)
Shelby Fetterman (5'9.5"/176 cm)
Sophie Eloise Hall (61"/185 cm)
Sophie Eloise Hall (6'1"/185 cm)
Anna Charlotte Sawyer, aka "Lady Gingerlust" (511.5"/182 cm)
Anna Charlotte Sawyer, aka "Lady Gingerlust" (5'11.5"/182 cm)
Taylor McKelphin (65.5"/196 cm)
Taylor McKelphin (6'5.5"/196 cm)

Full-Figured/BBW (Big Beautiful Woman)
These women are large in size, and have a bit of a belly, but are usually proportional all-around. Technically they are 'obese' in weight, but usually aren't gluttons or slobs. How much their stomachs hang will determine if they are neat-looking for their frame, or just "fat" and gluttonous. Usually a size 20 to 24.

There are SSBBW's (Super-Sized Big Beautiful Women) too, and they're usually 400+ pounds and a size 25 and up, and are definitely what anyone would call "fat" and probably could even be considered 'morbidly obese,' but I won't be focusing on them today.

Erica Lauren McNeill (60/183 cm)
Erica Lauren McNeill (6'0''/183 cm)
Telethia Penn (64"/193 cm)
Telethia Penn (6'4"/193 cm)
Classy Dame (65"/195 cm)
Classy Dame (6'5"/195 cm)

I think all of these ladies are beautiful, and I prefer all three body types. :)

10
11
10Girl Opinion
11Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• JosyJosy
    Oh waw you gave us pear people a separate mention, I appreciate that <3
    But there are still going to be people calling each and every type here fat. Even actual slim people will think they're fat <_>
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• mike5150
    I don't see a problem with any of them but im sure im in the minority.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

910
  • hellionthesagereborn
    Personally I prefer the first two groups over the third. But yeah, I would agree with those definitions. Though I think the first pic in the third catagory doesn't fit (she doesn't look sloppy or like she has a significant belly, I think she would be more in the second catagory personally).
    Like 1 Person
  • JustAnj
    To me it's pretty subjective because all women have fat in different areas and also plus size is used for clothing not a specific shape. So plus size is in reference to any girl who fits plus size.

Now the rest is dependent on where you store fat not just shape this is why a lot of people are confused and in the end it doesn't matter.

People see my body and they are hella confused, I have a belly but the rest of me looks normal, my ass is shapey I am thick and have curves.

By your logic I'm bbw, I honestly don't care though labels are unnecessary, just love y'all selves.

Overall I have been called all and in between. 🤷

For me it's more like you got curves that's undeniable, you are thick that's obvious, you are not skinny, you my love are just fabulous. 😉
    Like 1 Person
  • ConfusedMarried
    I didn't know about the difference in terms for the above mentioned. I think that staying healthy is the most important thing before anything else. The ideal of a woman body has always been in the spotlight in every century but the true ideal should be when a woman feels good and confident in her body. And I think that there's an admirer for every body type.
  • FreyaRed
    I have no desire to discuss your fetishes. Nevertheless how do you think those "thick" girls feel in their bodies compared to average 60 kg/175cm girl? I think they feel like astronauts in their suits. Is this really healthy in long term? I don't think so
    • MCheetah

It doesn't matter if it's healthy or not; as long as they're happy in their own skin, something less human beings are than you'd think.

• MCheetah

And for the record, while I personally would prefer to be fit and healthy (I currently am not), other people are free to live however they want, as long as they aren't forcing people to accept it, like the whole "fat acceptance/body positivity" stuff, where you're shaming for not liking certain types of women.

• wonderfulstation404
    curvy is hour glass or coca cola figure not 6ft + girls with a bit of weight etc...
    your average girl is somewhere b/w 5,3 -5,8 not 6ft plus so image these girls with same weight exactly so just relax and work on it... i wish guys can workout on their heights too lmfao
  • Jemini_Crocket
    All of these women would be consider fat in my country. Here if you have a little bit of chub on your belly/thighs or simply at any place, you already fall out of the skinny most desirable category.
    • desidoll

Same. Even thick/chubby can be considered fat here.

• hahahmm
    Women never mixed it up. They intentionally hijacked the language to make themselves feel better. It's the same reason why fashion brands keep changing their sizes so the fat woman can say she has a smaller size number than she would have had decades ago. So many women are attention whores these days, that they need & want compliments. They'd probably go into some kind of drug withdraw without constant attention. I don't feed junkies. I just opt out of playing the word games or giving any attention to women I don't even know.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • Avicenna
    I think that’s a valid point aboutc stomachs, but women tend not to get bellies like many men do.
  • pink_and_inlove
    If you have only a lower belly does it count as curvy/ plus size and what if you have medium boobs?
  • DWornock
    Regardless of their size, curvy is an hour-glass figure.
  • This_Is_My_Opinion8
    Depends. Some of those ladies look good others don't.
  • Idkmandrugs
    As a dude who grew up when these words were being used more accurately and weren’t being hijacked by people (I. e. Tess holiday saying she’s “curvy” or “thicc” when in reality she’s just morbidly obese) you’ve got roughly the right definition but all your examples are wrong. Curvy means you’ve got curves. To be curvy you pretty much gotta have a thin waist and flat stomach but still have assets (think a chick who gyms and you know, has a well shaped buttocks but is still pretty lean). Thicc is what you have down as curvy, still not a great deal of body fat. And the other two (while I disagree with your expansion of the acronym I acknowledge that’s my personal preference and others might be into that) are more or less right I suppose.

And no it’s not body shaming or any of that bs because it’s the exact same as explaining a ripped guy as a dude with big muscles and hella low body fat even though other guys with huge muscles might have a lot more body fat.
    • MCheetah

Eh, I disagree but respect your opinion. Mostly, it's only white dudes are so vehemently "anti-curves" dismissing all of them as "fat." Black and Hispanic men appreciate curves more, so tend to be more selective with the different terms, where as white men will just call them all "fat" and claim" curvy" women have to be under 120 pounds and below-average in order to not be "fat." (Not sure what race you are though, so I'm just speculating.)

• artsygirl457
    all beauties in my eyes
    Like 1 Person
  • Mia-Wallace
    Okay. Nice.
    Like 1 Person
  • ShaTTeredMasterpeace
    Good for them?
  • Stoner710
    all to big for my liking but to each there own
  • NerdyAndTall
    I just say I'm fat and call it a day
  • JesseJayNeak
    Tbh, I prefer curvy to BBW
    Like 1 Person
  • 888theGreat
    fat and thick