What do you think about dreads on girls?

What do you think about dreads on girls?
It's me on the right, the girl on the left is my mani/pedi. I think her hair is very interesting, never seen many girls with dreadlocks. What do you think about it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• no it looks horrible tbh I'm sorry

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I've seen girls with dreadlocks - it depends on the girl. Some look amazing, some don't...

But the problem for me there is - it just seems a bit dirty... but if there's an intricate way the clean them - and often, then there's nothing wrong with them.

They usually look thick and rigid which makes me thing they're heavy and rough on the scalp...
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d9255e445d.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 37

• Looks bad in my opinion but im sure some guys will love it, yours is much better personally

1|1
    0|0
  • I think they are hot. Having grown up in the 60's, I've always like a counter-cultural look except for tats and extreme piercings.
    ~JSmith

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally don't like dredlocks but then again it's about what makes you happy. it's not us who have our hair that way

1|0
    0|1
  • I can't fucking stand them. Nasty. Instant deal breaker.

1|1
    0|1
  • I can't stand them on any race. I hear they don't wash there hair for years to get your hair that way

1|1
    1|0
    • That is not at all correct. You wash your hair as normal or as though you're hair was braided.

• Show All
    • That's like me seeing white people with greasy hair, (i've seen that in real life too) and then saying white people dont wash their hair it's a fact. 😂 do some research on how to take care if dreads before you assume stuff.

• I take this as a certain group of people that are very defensive and it's a shame

• She looks like a homeless girl that hasn't washed her hair in a year. Don't like it. On me it would totally get on my nerves since it would probably feel like my hair were lumpy turds or have bubble gum stuck in it

0|0
    0|0
  • There's nothing dreadful about them. You can call them locks. I think it looks good on some women.

1|1
    0|0
  • love it! you can do it professionally it doesn't have to be from not washing by the way. I like thick rather than thin dreads tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she represent her and look good with her face, sure

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean they are kinda sexy on some girls but they are also nasty as hell look dirty like they stink

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh god no ! That's not normal looking. I've never seen that anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • They're fuckin dirty and nasty, and any woman who has them is dirty and nasty.

0|1
    1|0
  • Think they're dope asf. Can have dreads and still have clean hair ya mugs. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I like short dreads on AA girls. White girls? Not so much.

1|0
    0|0
  • No i dont like it. It looks dirty. Totally prefer your hair over this.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dreeds r gross on anyone plus I've seen people who had spiders in them. Dreads are like the people who work at wholefoods or Clarks pet supplies...

0|0
    0|0
  • There's a coworker with dreads and her hair smells very gross.

0|0
    0|0
    • she actually treats it very well, like you'd expect from someone who works at a beauty parlor. her hair actually smells nice

• That just looks weird. Turn off.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not a fan of dreads

1|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• It's ugly. It looks like they don't shower most of the time. Your hair looks super nice, don't do it

1|1
    1|0
  • Don't think theyre too bad looking especially if they flow with the person's whole being (example hippie type, into volunteering etc, working at a hippie job). But they still look like she doesn't wash her hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate dreadlocks but on everyone really. Just an ugly hair style it looks unclean to me. Plus I've seen dreadmold. Thats easily one of the grossest things I've ever seen

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it looks cool.
    But you have to be careful. Apparently, dreads have something to do with Rastafarian religion or something.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all girls can pull it off. I've seem girls with dreads that looked really good, and I've seen girls whos dreads looked.. ewwwww!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think dreads are nasty and unclean. Yuck. No thank you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Umm honestly not on white People

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it looks fine 😁

1|0
    0|0
  • it was pretty popular in the 80's-like bo derek

1|0
    0|0
  • I love dreads

1|0
    0|0
  • Eww no

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like it...

1|0
    0|0
  • i personally don't think they look that good

1|1
    0|0
  • It's cool, I guess? I usually see girls with their black hair in dreadlocks, not blonde.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes