Are androgynous people attractive?

Are androgynous people attractive?Androgynous:
Basically, a human that looks feminine and masculine at the same time. It's sometimes hard to distinguish the actual sex of an androgynous person.

Are androgynous people attractive?The top two images are females that appear to have more masculine features and the two pictures directly above are males that have more feminine features.

I'm just curious if you find any of these people attractive. I'm not saying to go gay for anyone.. That's not what I'm saying. There's a difference between "that's attractive" and "I'd bang that."
I recognize the beauty that my fellow females have all the time.. Doesn't mean that I'd like to have sex with them lol. So please don't make this a question about "well I'm straight soo" because that'll just be a form of spam as you obviously didn't read my question and/or are simply being obnoxious.
Please take this question seriously fam.
  • Yes, they're attractive.
    Vote A
  • They're somewhat attractive.
    Vote B
  • Neutral.
    Vote C
  • They're not that attractive.
    Vote D
  • I don't find them attractive at all.
    Vote E
  • Other Opinion/Comment
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The first female has an incredibly beautiful and very feminine face. It's just her shirt and haircut that make her look masculine. Some might say she has manly shoulders, but I think it's more the shirt and the way the prominent seams square them off. I may have a bias because I think strong shoulders on women are attractive in any case. Think Halle Berry or Lauren Graham, for example.

wpc.4d27.edgecastcdn.net/.../H2.jpg
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6ebdc36ed8.jpg

The second female isn't attractive to me. She looks like a pubescent boy and I just am not attracted.

The guys are good looking guys. Maybe I say that because they look feminine? Not sure. Take away the makeup, goofy eyebrows, and long hair, the second guy still has a feminine face. His chest, shoulders, and arms look male, though.

With the first guy, I don't think his face is feminine, it's just his hair. It surprises me to say that, since I used to have longer hair for years myself. (Barely long enough for a pony tail.) When I cut it like 5 years ago, the comments from all the women who know me were very surprising. Some told me I finally looked like a guy; others really mourned it and said guys with longer hair were their favorites.

Voted B, they're somewhat attractive.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Nicely said! I love when people take the time to thoroughly answer a question tbh. But yeah those were just example pictures just to jog people's mind and show an example of what you'd typically find I suppose. Of course every androgynous person looks much different from the other though.

• Show All
    • Yeah! Of course!

Yeah there's definitely some who pull off the look nicely and some who don't. Like any other fashion sense though!

Yeah it's actually pretty interesting since he has a very masculine face but the overall effect is somewhat feminine overall.

• Thank you for MHO! :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it'd be fun to date a guy with long hair. If you're bad at fashion and he is, get tips! You can braid each others' hair and cuddle! Sounds like a great boyfriend to me!

2|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Omg! I never thought about it that way πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but that's so true!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• I feel like androgynous guys are often considered attractive. Take boy bands for example. A good number of these guys look damn near feminine, yet they're men. And considered teenage heart throbs to legions of raving girls and women the world over.

I dont find the same to be true for androgynous women. The "is that a girl?" look isn't as appealing to heterosexual men, i guess?

2|0
    1|0
    • Yeah I get what you mean. Hence why I was pretty curious about this overall. Nice input!

• I was in my teens.
    www.lustralboy.com/.../lboctstav2(1)(1).jpg
    Puberty came on slowly. Girls my age (15 and 16) knew I was "safer" than the thugs, greasers and jocks and I experienced quite a lot of intimacy. They knew I would keep it to myself. When I cut my hair and bulked up with weight training, that went away. But before that, I got blown a lot!

1|1
    0|0
    • Haha huh that's interesting. Maybe it's some sort of psychological effect that guy who have longer hair girls feel more comfortable around since girls typically have longer hair? πŸ€” Well that's quite interesting to think about lmao

• Show All
    • you picked men over women ? (・・;)
      i'm not sure if i agree with the reasoning that they liked you more than others because they
      felt you were safer. i think it's primarily about physical attraction.

• @COCOCHANEL I didn't "pick" men. I had to arm myself against them. And I still got my share after my transition. But I hadnto do the inviting.

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(e).gif

I find attractive and I find some unattractive. Goes with anyone really.

1|0
    0|0
  • I find feminine men to be the pinnacle of male attractiveness, and that's what I strive to be. I would kill to look more like the guy in the third image.

However, I don't find masculine women attractive AT ALL. In fact, it is one of the single biggest turn offs for me.

1|0
    2|0
    • Ah gotcha gotcha. Yeah that guy is definitely attractive in my eyes πŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

I'm sure you could achieve it if you grew out your hair a bit more even if it's still long! And style it and stuff or just keep it curly and look fab

• Show All
    • I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

• You're welcome fam! πŸ€—

• Not attractive, at all.
    I'm into women, not women-ish

4|1
    2|0
    • They're still women. They just sometimes like to look a bit more masculine for various reasons. Could be because they're gay or even for a reason as simply as them liking how they look or they could be a tomboy etc.

• Yeah but they don't look womanly.
      I get it they like that look and I'm not saying they gotta change, but just like they have the right to look however they want, I have the right to like whoever I want

• That's the point πŸ˜… And you mean feminine. Yeah of course. You have your preferences and that's totally cool and all.

• I do find myself going for women with *some* male characteristics. And it's not cause I'm a 'fag', or what have you. A person's physiognomy should be somewhat reflective of their psyche. So a mixture of sensitivity and beauty with strength is probably reflective of being an almost 'complete' human being. Someone who can draw on both sides. I'm quite feminine looking in some respects, and masculine in others, I think.

A nice example.

http://teal-blog.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/10/0636.jpg

But the examples you give are too far in the other direction. They still need to be femiine and beautiful to me. I'm very much about aesthetics.

3|1
    0|0
    • Teal swan right?

• Very well said! And yeah I used more of extreme examples to show a bit more of an exaggeration of what it is or else people could get confused πŸ˜… But the example you provided could definitely be considered androgynous as well! There's subtle signs of more defining features like you typically find in a male, like you said. They're much more subtle though compared to what I used

• @rjroy3 Aye.

@ebbyeb Aye, agreed.

• I'm bi, but all the people you posted I find attractive 😍

2|1
    0|0
    • Haha yeah I feel ya! Those are just examples of what you'd typically see 😌

• Show All
    • It did lol

• Haha that's nice πŸ˜‚

Oh wow! He does look similar to that guy!

• Depends on if they identify as regular ass girls... if I see any mention of some made up bullshit NOPE.

3|0
    1|0
    • I laughed at this but I get where you're coming from.

• It varies person to person? But that shouldn't change on if their appearances are attractive.

• Sometimes they can be and even if they are not I mean most of the time a simple change in hairstyle or hair cut could fix the issue and make them attractive.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah it varies person to person. Some look great with that kind of style and others not so much

• Show All
    • Yeah that's definitely true! Like contour tricks in makeup or simply makeup in general haha

• yeah for guys too.

• 0|1
    2|1
    • Uhh.. So is this you pre-haircut or something? Your sister? There's zero explanation so I don't know what you're trying to say buddy lol

• Show All
    • did you notice the mustache?

• Some girls have them ya know? There's a lot of girls that shave lol fun fact

• I'm generally a straight guy, but I'm attracted mainly to femininity. I would rather date a guy that looks like a woman than a woman that looks like a man.

1|0
    0|0
    • Huh that's interesting.. Why's that? If you mind me asking. And this isn't full out transgender or anything it's just they look more slightly vague in that sex or of the other

• Show All
    • Hope my explanation helps.

• Haha oh gotcha gotcha. Nah I completely understand what you mean! And that's cool actually. It's always nice to put a handle on what you're thinking in my opinion πŸ˜ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

Haha huh maybe maybe? Yeah I can imagine that that'd be a turn off for most guys. And it sucks a lot.. It's not like we can really change the face we were born with :/

Thanks for the input!

• It can work well and not other times. Same with anything I guess.

I know a lot of Japanese, Korean and even Chinese girl's LOVE androgynous guys.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's a good point.

Haha I've noticed that for sure lmak

• When I was in Japan last ( January) you actually see it happening, Girls taking there guys to get manicures and all. Helping them select clothes that might help that look even more. Funny too see ! lol

• Wow that's crazy! Haha

• Those people are goodlooking. Im a bit androgynous myself. Id prefer if i wasn't. So i like to stay a bit overweight.

1|0
    1|0
    • You are? I am too actually. In the right outfit girls will flirt with me actually πŸ˜…

• The first girl is kind of attractive. there's this girl who works at a gas station near my house. She has really short hair n looks a bit androgynous (really slim body to match the the hair) but she's really attractive. Id date her.

Yeah. I have really nice eyes, good bone structure. The only thing that saves me from looking completely like a female is my defined jaw. I got lucky in the genetic department.

• Yeah I gotcha. That's nice!

Haha really? I'm kind of interested now as I don't really know many androgynous guys but a lot of androgynous females.. Too bad you don't have a pfp I'm so curious now πŸ˜‚

• I like people with androgynous personalities. Like tomboys are my go-to.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ah yeah I feel ya. I'll admit.. I was specifically curious on asking this because I'm pretty androgynous myself haha so I was curious what the general public thought about this

• I need my opinion to be longer since i like this subject. One of the few ones i find worthwhile... great question!
      Generally, guys don't like tom girls. I like them because they are reliable and most often straightforward. I like women who are strong, but also caring, just like I am, so thats what i will continue to strive for in my personal relationships. If a girl can stand on her own I like that all the same, but in a relationship if I can pull her up off the floor and be an anchor with her doing the same for me i think it makes an unbeatable team :)

• Haha yeah I understand what you mean! 😁 Cool! I'm glad you really enjoyed my question and took some time to answer it!

• Nope, I personally don't find them attractive. I have nothing against them though.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I feel ya. It's cool fam! There's lots of people who seem to not like it as much actually

• I don't find them aesthetically attractive. I only find feminine and masculine faces attractive.

0|1
    0|0
    • πŸ€” how to put this.. They kinda are simply just masculine and feminine faces πŸ˜…

• I know. I don't think androgynous faces are beautiful. I only like feminine faces and masculine faces.

• I think what you mean to say is that you only like those specific traits being portrayed on a person's corresponding sex lol

• I rarely find them appealing, but I can tell a lot of them have "The Look". Like there are a lot of models who get paid for their looks, that I don't find attractive. Most fashion models I don't find appealing and many are androgynous.

0|0
    0|0
  • most people think models are manly looking so i guess i must be attracted to it; strong jaws

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I feel ya. And models come in all shapes and sizes it's what makes it interesting actually

• Show All
    • Amen, hence why i find new beauty everyday😍πŸ˜₯

• Haha exactly 😁✌🏼️

• To put it simply, they look gay.

1|1
    2|0
    • They might be they might not. It varies person to person ofc.

• I only like boys but I can feel a pleasure for them 🀀

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 41

• people tell me that the boys i like look androgynous but i don't see it

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah gotcha. It might not be a fullout hardcore kinda androgynous look like the pics above but they might have sorta feminine features like a softer appearing face etc. there's totally nothing wrong with it though

• Some are, some aren't...

1|1
    0|0
    • But just like anyone else really? A walk down the street and you'll notice that πŸ˜…

• they're not but that's just my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, absolutely. Jared Leto BC Dallas Buyers' is a pretty good example. Usually the biggest indicator or sex is voice.

If far as looks you can usually tell native sex, if they have one, but I know I've seen individuals from both sexes seem really appealing.

Usually it comes down to how they carry themselves and ofcourse overall aesthetics. Some originally gender assigned women have really turned me on but when the pants come off I'm not sure I'm there yet.

More likely, if a gender fluid person assigned the gender of male at birth who identifies more as female but kept his parts, I could see that working. Not with any person but with the right person.

My problem comes in usually because gender fluids may also be bisexual in cases where they are into women. I'm down with that but only so long as we are completely monogamous. My concern is infection from small traces of fecal matter going out ones in and into another's. Very serious problems occur for the vagina when exposed to fecal matter. Trust me I have the same concerns if the butt of my own. It leads to UTI infections which are soooo painful and can spread to kidneys.

Not speaking from experience on the butt stuff but certainly am on a UTI. Just imagine you dick having a burning internal feeling, feeling like you have to pee every second and submitting to the fetal position. That's a UTI.

Doctors cancel appointments and move things around to treat a UTI. I've had doc in a box grocery store clinics agree to see me after hours and write a script without even a test when I called ahead.

I've only ever had 2 UTI's. But I've also seen good friends go through them waiting for the doctor. It's not a good situation. It's worse than the flu and again can damage your kidneys. So no poop related anything belongs in or near my vajajay even if you've showered.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ah yeah I getcha. For me it's sorta just on the individual since each story is way different person to person etc.

But yeesh that sounds horrible!

• I think there is a certain beauty to them, if only because their look is unusual and striking. But sexually, I find more masculine looking men attractive. Although I do think long hair on men is attractive.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well said! I agree! I think that it's a bit out there and is a creative and artistic way for those people to represent themselves to the world.

• Some are very attractive, but I'm not physically or sexually attracted to a guy who looks feminine. It's a turn off to me. I am only attracted to guys who are extremely masculine in appearance

0|1
    0|1
    • While those people in the pics are attractive , I don't find any of them extraordinarily attractive. They look average

• Yeah I understand what you mean. But you recognize that they're attractive even if you specifically aren't that attracted to them.. From how I understand

• I accidentally had a crush on a girl once since I thought she was a guy. However I'm straight and I don't find androgynous guys attractive, so no

0|1
    0|0
    • Well I wouldn't say it's an "accident" tbh. Just moreso you found a girl attractive but when you realized she was a girl it was a turn off kinda thing

• Haha she made a hot guy but you're right, I'm just not into girls. If she was a dude I wouldn't have changed my mind.

• I don't find them attractive personally but that's only because I like VERY masculine men. I don't know why, but a super strong man is super sexy to me.

0|1
    0|0
    • Ah yeah then androgynous wouldn't be your type πŸ˜…

• I think its the same with androgynous as it is with distinct gender. It all depends on the person. Some are very attractive and some aren't.
    moviemusereviews.com/.../JuSw-Pat.jpg

0|0
    0|0
    • Not necessarily "distinct".. One could recognize an attractiveness but not necessarily be attracted to it.

• I meant someone who clearly looks male or female.

• They may have certain features that are striking or intriguing, but I will not feel sexually or romantically attracted to them. I prefer a manly man. None of that effeminate men nonsense.

0|0
    1|0
    • Just because they look feminine doesn't mean that they actually are lol. Everyone is different in their own ways etc.

• Show All
    • No it's not. You need to be physically attracted to the person you're with. Don't be a hypocrite lmfao.

• Well saying something like "I will not be with a man that looks feminine" is kinda shallow.. Just because of how someone looks.. You could potentially meet one of the greatest guys ever and he could look a bit more towards the feminine side, and because of what you were implying, you wouldn't date him over a feature that he can't exactly control.. Hence I summed it up as being somewhat shallow.. I understand what you meant overall but I'm just pointing out that that's what you were pretty much saying.

• I am, and I don't really like how I look. But I do love these photos.

1|0
    0|0
    • Ah gotcha gotcha. Yeah I think these photos are really cool actually!

• The ones you have presented are attractive androgynous people. It's hard not to admire them. The fashion industry wants androgynous people for their models! There are a lot of creepy ones too who have off-putting behaviors, things they need to watch because they could get mistaken easily for the opposite gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is the first t one not a chick? Um no.. look to much like women

0|0
    1|0
    • The first two pictures are females who have more of a masculine appearance.. The second two are males who have a more feminine appearance.

• actually the blond with long hair doesn't look all that feminine to me, his jawline and square chin gives away he's a guy.

• He's not supposed to look 100% like a girl. Androgynous just means that you have some features that appear to represent more often in the opposite sex. It doesn't mean that someone is transgender in appearance or anything. That specific person you mentioned, like you said, definitely has a stronger jawline etc. but his overall face appear more soft and feminine-like. Especially around his eyes and lips. It's more of the overall effect

• not attractive at all because i don't wanna date a she man

0|1
    1|1
    • They're not "she" men. It's just a way of expressing themselves. A lot of androgynous people are gay or straight but it's just what they find attractive on their own bodies.. Like.. Why wouldn't you want to maximize your good looks? It's kinda like that

• Show All
    • well yes girls will look more feminine and guys will look more masculine, that's kinda how it goes...

but still, it's just not my thing

• Well.. Not necessarily.. Hence the entire androgynous thing in the first place πŸ˜…

But I getcha

• I suppose they can be, which is not to say that all are or aren't

1|0
    0|0
  • The attractive ones are attractive. I find it artistic.

1|0
    0|0
    • It's cool you brought that up! There's lots of really artistic androgynous people on the Internet and I always find it really cool the looks that some can pull off easily

• They have good features for modeling but I don't find them attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think they are all hansom... no beautiful, hansom, beautiful, hansom, beautiful, hansom, beautiful aaaahhhh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i don't know, but either way yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm straight, but yes. I find feminine looking guys very attractive. (obviously not all, because it depends)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they are good looking, except the women who look ugly butch, like ugly manly looking. If she look like Justin Beiber then yeah lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel ya. Those are just example pics lol not every androgynous female looks like them ofc.

• More from Girls

Recommended myTakes