Why do people stare, laugh, dirty looks, and gossip about me?

Why do people stare,laugh,dirty looks, and gossip about me?

I have acne scars and a burn mark on my cheek and my hair is shorter, because I damaged it badly in the past, so I cut it short and my style of dress is mainly cardigans and jeans and I am a very skinny person, but girls or even couples stare at me and laugh and gossip as if I am some diseased ugly freakish monster. I get dirty looks from mixed black girls and I get stares and gossips from white girls, this has torn me down badly and I feel ugly compared to them. I went in a dennys resturant and everyone stared at me and one girl looks at me wispers to her boyfriend twice and starts laughing and then I go to the hospital and this black mixed girl kept giving me a dirty look. I go to the mall and all the girls treat me like I am trash, when standing in line all of the girls stare at me and start laughing even the ones who are plain looking and they all kept staring at me. This all happened in forever 21 and I felt so ugly, because all the girls had on highlighter, contour, blush, mascara, eyebrow makeup, eyeliner, lipstick, lip liner, eyeshadow, and straight long hair, I felt ugly and digusting with my short curly afro curls and no makeup face with my acne scars and burn mark from boiling water. I felt like a monster, I felt lonely and I had no friends by myself to support and single and I don't bother even looking in a guys direction, because they are probably thinking "Ew look at that ugly diseased nappy headed black girl, gosh she is so ugly with her plain skin, I wonder why she even bothers trying to dress up." I try to avoid eye contact and I get high anxiety around a lot of people especially teenagers, I have a scared look on my face and try my best not to look at anyone, my hair used to be long and my face used to be clear, for some reason my beauty has faded, partially is my fault I damaged my hair in the past and burnt my face with boiling water and created acne as well, now this is the new me, a ugly stupid dumb diseased monkey creature. ...
Updates:
Please don't be rude.

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people are assholes. Welcome to life. Here's some quick advice, it never gets better it only gets worse. So make sure you got a thick head going through life, you'll hear a lot of bullshit but you just gotta drown it out. Also, YOU control how you feel, no one else controls your emotions/feelings. So the next time you hear some stupid bs coming from bratty kids mouth, brush it off and have a thick head. Also, people are rude, and telling people not to be rude will probably make people be rude, sorry if that was rude. Hope this helps :)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You're beautiful. I don't know why people are saying that, or staring. And your beauty hasn't faded; it's still there, and the more you grow, the more you strengthen and let your inner self shine, the more beautiful you're going to become. Trust me; I was obese, with really bad acne caused by hormonal problems, and I'm 6 ft. I know how it feels to get stared at or made fun of, but it honestly does get better. And you are not ugly at all, so just ignore those people. They have their own demons, and for some reason, they're taking them out on you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Some people are immature. Ignore them and act like you don't care. We all have our flaws and pros. When you get older, you will meet all kinds of people. Just hang in there and stay positive.

2|0
    0|0
  • I agree with Scummer people are assholes I had really bad acne face was covered in shit and people would always talk shit behind my back because of it and I would call them on it trust me dont let them ruin your day :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Your not A monkey everyone is unique be proud of you

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it's cos they don't have a life.

4|0
    0|0
  • Because you let them

1|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 19

• Because those types of people need to make someone else feel down so they can feel better about themselves. If you're quiet/shy then that just makes you an easy target because you're less likely to retaliate.

2|0
    0|0
  • Believe me even if you looked like a celebrity they would still gossip. There are just mean people over there. I assume you get this treatment by other females right? To avoid that happening to you go out with a friend. When you are in a group it has this magical effect. People tend not to mess with a person in a group

2|0
    0|0
  • People are brutal for no reason at all these days. They pick at every single little thing, I personally strongly dislike people like that. I think you're very beautiful, fuck them. Ignore anybody who disagrees, they're ignorant and not worth your time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes you have to ignore the shitty people and enjoy life. Prob they find humour in your scars or your damaged hair but that makes them really IMMATURE. I have had this happen to me quite a bit and I know what I am saying. You are young and pretty and you just have to believe it. There ain't NOTHING from with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're pretty to me. I need more friends and I would love to be your friend. I went something similar. Add me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like your hair, and I don't know why people are assholes, they'll die one day if that helps.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because they're trash ass human beings, and the sooner you love your dark skin and natural hair the better. If you're worried about skin find out your skin type and start a skin care regimen that works for it. It'll clear up/fade for the most part if you stick to it. As for hair there are many natural hair guru's on YouTube. I've felt like you and the best thing you is find your own thing and go against the mainstream. Be unique, screw the haters, realize you're a melanin queen, find your own style that you love, dress for yourself and not the attention of any white girl, mixed girl, or any boy, and glow up from the flo' up.

2|1
    0|0
    • Also, always practice self care both physically and mentally, and if you need some support if you go on Facebook you'll find groups that are safe spaces for black girls and women who have been through this an uplift each other, and trade advice in self care mentally and physically, fashion, make-up, and self love. I you feel free to message me I can recommend some to you.

• Because they're insecure assholes! Don't let their ignorant behavior bring you down, you're lovely :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are insecure idiots. Those who have no life try to take life from others! Don't let them get to you. You are really pretty in my opinion and I actually high key love your hair (natural hair is so voluminous and gorgeous!). You need to have confidence in yourself even if others try to tear you down. Society is surely going to try to bring you down because you are "different". I get dirty looks from girls all the time, for how I dress, my hair, my makeup. It's my life and my sense of fashion and I embrace that, scre those girls. You CAN do the same, you CAN be amazing. Don't let the man get you down! And girl, I'll be your friend for sure if you want 👍🏻🙂.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because that's how people are. Ignore them and don't let them get to you and take away your happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • It going to be ok a lot of people do that but people should treat you like this do unto others the way you want to do unto your self... No matter what it not what on the out side but what inside that really counts and you are beautiful just the way you are I promise
    And also if they just do that again say something positive or even before they do that like example if you like another girl hairstyle tell her you like it
    Or
    If you like how a guy hairstyle is tell him you like it
    And hopefully it will go well to

0|0
    0|0
  • Bc u're pretty and ur hair is gorgeous

3|0
    0|1
  • They're fucking assholes

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't see a reason fuck them

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're assholes

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's because your confusing collage like this one.

0|0
    1|0
  • wtf you're gorgeous I also struggle immensely with my appearance :(

1|0
    0|0
  • I am really sorry about that. Everyone has been through something similar if that consoles you. You have to realize that their opinion says nothing about you. Their opinion says everything about them though. No right person would make fun of someone for absolutely no reason. All those people have issues. I do not think there is anything wrong with your hair. As for your acne, if it really bothers you, consult a dermatologist. It's treatable. It's going to be alright girl.

1|0
    0|0
  • You already know.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes