What do people consider a thigh gap? What do you actually prefer?

A thigh gap can be that triangle that a woman has under her vagina due to having wide hips or a space between her thighs that goes down to her knees due to having very skinny legs. So which one do actually people like?
What do people consider a thigh gap? What do you actually prefer?
  • What do people consider a thigh gap? What do you actually prefer?A.
    Vote A
  • What do people consider a thigh gap? What do you actually prefer?B.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Edit: I did this because it seems to me that many girls are insecure about it, yet most of the time it's unclear what someone means when they say they like thigh gaps. I personally don't care much about it, but this may help someone feel better about themselves. I should have added the option " I don't care about it", so feel free to say it in the comments.

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• https://i.gifer.com/mKi.gif
    media.giphy.com/media/sv9Om9IvyqhQQ/giphy.gif
    media.giphy.com/media/XsUtdIeJ0MWMo/source.gif
    For the love of God, enough of this! It's time to stop!
    Nobody cares about this in actuality, it's arbitrary nonsense.
    Don't make it a thing.

0|0
    0|0
    • Plenty of teenagers do and plenty of them have body image issues. Seeing that the majority doesn't care or like one may help them feel beter about themselves... When I was younger the others seem to obses about being skinny, so I can tell you plenty of people care.

• Show All
    • Just because you didn't it doesn't mean others don't. Really, some people starve themselves to get one. I don't like thigh gaps, so I was curious if people like it or care about it. It annoys me when people are against asking questions. Smart people ask questions, that's how you learn things, by asking questions.

• I'm all for asking questions. I'm just saying that thigh gaps aren't important and people shouldn't make a fuss over them. People also shouldn't let others demean them.

Young people shouldn't have to worry about silly things like this. It's detrimental to self worth. People need to toughen up, like me, I'm impossible to offend.

• I don't care about it.

I think me and the OP could agree on this...

The thigh gap thing is a trend and is WAY overly-emphasized. Women seem to put MUCH more of an emphasis on this than the vast majority of guys, I assure you.

Personally, a woman does not need a "thigh gap" to be attractive. At all. There is also so much emphasis put on what a woman looks like in our culture that I think women get wrapped up in these things and some of them begin to forget that it's the person INSIDE that is the biggest attraction of them all.

Certain cultural trends and stereotypes have a way of distorting what it seen as "attractive" and what "isn't". One "look" is never the majority. Ever. There is an INCREDIBLY wide array of what is seen as attractive. From tall and short, skinny and overweight, and every iteration in between. There is a guy (and a girl) that suits every attraction and a "thigh gap" is only just one tiny fragment of that.

To any woman reading this who may be self-conscious about her body, especially in regards to a thigh gap: learn to love your body, because there will always be a guy who will. Not only do you deserve to be loved by someone, but you deserve to be loved by YOURSELF too. We are not just a culmination of perceived "flaws". We are PEOPLE first and ultimately, true love is love for the person inside, not the body that contains it. Never allow some cultural "ideal" to form your self-esteem or self-worth as a woman. If you are able to be yourself, you'll attract someone who will love and fully appreciate you for YOU. Not only will you feel loved, but you will feel better about yourself because you are being true to yourself as a person. Never chase someone else's ideal. Be you and you'll be better off for it in the end. Always.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Guys generally don't care about this in real life. They may seem head-over-heels for thigh gaps on the internet, but that's how fat it goes. In real life I have met only one person who said that thigh gaps are hot, but he was 14 and sexually frustrated. I don't think that he represents the majority of men. 🤷‍♀️

I find both looks attractive, as long as you can tell that they are healthy.

0|3
    1|0
    • Where are they head over heels about this? I've never seen this

• I've seen a good number of users prefering thigh gaps even on this website, but you can find these types of people on forums like reddit or return of kings and bodybuilding.

• I haven't seen guys that are unto bodybuilding liking a B tyoe of girl. Most would like A or any girl that is toned and has nice curves

• hey and lol and fair enough hunny you are twenty two and if avoided current trends of being over weight thigh gaps have never been in your life... from personal experience only a time of experiencing where thighs have connected was hideous to me and kicked my arse into say, no way this has to change, I've seen tv ads for gels where thigh rubbing is an issue like a lube for fatness... ok im not condoning skinny model type gaps but if your inner thighs rub honest its a sign to change,,, my life advice to anyone of younger years the moment you hit my thighs touch, my clothes are getting a bit tight, do something to reverse that, if you dont that is the slope to get worse, the longer you leave it the worse it will be, so re question thigh gaps are a great moment of clarity in my opinion xx

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, the woman A and the woman in the left have thighs that touch and look better and healthier. The size of your thighs has nothing to do with how fat you are. I'd have to be severly underweight to look like woman B and it's not even pretty.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 70

• Gaps that go down the entire leg reminds me of prepubescent girls that haven't fully developed yet. So, if I see older adults with it I assume they aren't really healthy. Many older women don't have such a gap because the have full hips and thicker thighs.

1|0
    0|0
  • I meant to vote B but was confused initially as to which one was which so my vote is actually for A. Everyone's body is a little different and I could go for A too if that's how her body is naturally. Unfortunately, so many women think they have to be of little weight so they unnaturally starve themselves. I like healthy and natural when it comes to a woman's body. I like the triangle you speak of, especially if its naturally hairy as it should also be.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like thigh gaps of both types. And I think they can both be considered thigh gaps. Just one is a larger thigh gap than the other. With the triangle, there is *still* a gap between the thighs, even if it is a small one.

Both have an appeal. But I think the whole fad of "thigh gaps" was really just competition between women. Most guys don't really care. But thigh gaps can be nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh I'm pretty neutral, but the girl in "A" had better curves overall.

I think most people who fall within a pretty wide range of body types are about equally attractive.

I used to have all these ideas about perfect traits, but now I realize that was silly arbitrary. It you're attractive, I'm more concerned at that point about what kind of person you are than exactly which of the many sexy leg types you have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the the triangle because I like it when a girl has strong muscular legs... not so muscular that it takes away from her femininity but just strong enough to kill you with her legs if she wanted too! Haha!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost every girl will have the diamond gap, unless she is 300 pounds. Skinny girls have thigh gap that goes down. Thigh gaps and diamond gaps are different. Diamond gaps are very sexy while thigh gaps aren't unless the guy loves stick figures or lies about it to get laid or to not make his stick figure girlfriend mad jealous. Its simple.

1|0
    1|0
  • Literally nobody calls the "triangle" a thigh gap, that is what not having a thigh gap looks like.

I personally prefer skinny legs that don't touch, I don't like thick thighs at all.

2|0
    1|0
  • Whether you have a thigh gap at a healthy bodyweight is determined by your hip width and your musculature. Someone who is perfectly healthy, and has wide hips might have a thigh gap, while someone else might be anorexic, and still don't get one.

Obviously the girl on B is underweight.
    No need to fall for stupid trends, if you have a thigh gap, OK, if not, OK.
    Just don't make this another way of justifying being overweight.

0|0
    0|0
  • Skinny (b) is the least attractive, the girl on the right in the top pic is the ideal I suppose but I prefer the average, not a skinny and not fat is healthy and great.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is the kind of thing that only girls care about.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s girls that are into thigh gaps, men want something a bit more juicy

0|2
    0|0
    • It depends, I heard some men say they prefer thigh gaps, however it's often uncler what they mean by that. I personally don't care either, but some girls feel insecure about it, so I though this may help someone. I am also curious how many people actually care about it to be honest.

• Show All
    • I wouldn’t survive being a kid now, going on bike rides and playing up the Park was all I had to worry about at that age.
      Should they be putting age restrictions on social media users?

• They can lie about their age anyway

• i really don't care. this is a thing that girls seem to care about more than men. i honestly didn't even know the thigh gap was a thing til about a year ago due to girls on this site

0|0
    0|0
  • Wide hips of course, so she carry her man's babies in her beautiful womb 🙂

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't really matter to me. A lot of things can be fixed by working out, but a lot of women aren't willing to put in the work for it. I'm fine with any of these.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I never knew what a thigh gap was until I seen something about it a few years back on one of my wife's women's magazine. I see it as just one more insecurity for women to worry about.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't give a rat's ass about thigh gaps.

Seriously where did this concern come from? Was it from one of those stupid women magazines on how to please a man?

0|0
    0|0
    • I only see women bring this up.

• Show All
    • I kinda want to post a question about this because I never hear about "thigh gaps" from men. Such a curious thing we have here.

• Yup women overcomplicating things over small details.

• A with a caveat. I am extrapolating the likely shape of the girls from the given information. Since I like hourglass shapes, that would be A.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I vote, will this question disappear? Seriously, who cares. If a guy is into you, it doesn't matter. And what can you do about it anyway? It's just the way she's built.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as their legs don’t rub together when they walk i’m happy!

0|0
    0|0
  • seriously i only see girls obsess over this. most men don't care

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 38

• I have a big thigh gap, I consider it to be one since my thigh don't and I can't make them touch either.
    I prefer it this way because I like being skinny.

0|1
    0|0
    • Having a thigh gap doesn't have much to do with being skinny. Some women have thicker legs than others.

• Show All
    • Then you need to have SKINNY LEGS to have a thigh gap. Besides, these girls usually have skinny arms as well, just belly fat.

• How would this question make a woman feel better about themselves.. like at all? Both women depicted in the images have a thigh gap, so ultimately, you're just choosing which woman you find most physically attractive. Most people would choose the more sculpted body type (or, just go for the woman wearing panties..). Pointless question.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't have skinny legs at all, but I have that little triangle, I used to want a full on thigh gap but My boyfriend said he actually prefers me just having a little triangle.

If I were into the same gender, I'd say no thigh gap not because I don't have one but In general I find thighs attractive, and add more of a curve leading up to the butt, which Is nice.

0|0
    1|0
  • Having such skinny legs that your thighs dont touch at all looks sooo gross to me. Like, having some body fat and shape is so sexy and having no shape to your legs makes you look malnourished and unwomanly

1|2
    1|0
  • the black and white has either an illness such as crohns (which sucks) or an eating disorder. very unattractive. by the way, there is a happy medium between a and b. my thighs do not touch at all until the knee but i have nice round hips

0|0
    0|0
  • i dont like it because my grandma said nomething to me, and now i can't unsee (i hadn't considered forming an idea previously) she said it looked like there was a brick or something on the vajayjay XD
    To me the way she said was weirdly funny...

0|0
    0|0
  • My thighs touch. I don’t have a thigh gap. I have a small bump at my lower stomach. Thighs that jiggle but have muscle in their too. Wide hips. Hourglass figure... And I’m fine with it 🙌🏻

0|1
    0|0
  • Sad! I am a B. A thigh gap you can drive elephants through! I do not care though. My boyfriend likes it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Juicy thighs with the triangle at the very top. This is normally due to wide set hip angle. It’s very sexy. Then again I find thick legs without the gap sexy too. So.. I’m the wrong one to ask. I just find women sexy.

0|0
    0|0
  • The second is pretty much unattainable unless a girl is naturally very very very skinny, or actually starving herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Focusing on body parts, be it positively or negatively, still ultimately fetishizes the body and dehumanizes the individual.

if someone is willing to die or be ill to be reach a goal than they are dehumanized not ‘ insecure’... And in this vein, There is no logical reason they will not be willing to harm themselves in any other way, for any other reason suddenly seeming important , even if thigh gaps become irrelevant.

There are people who Starve and Women who do not who are accused of it.. either way women’s bodies get disproportionate amount of attention to their intellect spirit creativity , and their lives get wasted , in defense of starvation, or having to defend themselves against wrongful accusation.

In imagined support of women or against , the body is fetishized and the individual dehumanized and there goes another century if women lost to everyone’s obsession over body parts.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not every girl has one. I don't so I don't miss it.

0|0
    0|0
  • B is the actual thigh gap. A is just a woman separating her legs. B is less healthy / less attractive, and it used to be a stupid trend.

0|0
    2|0
  • I never understood it. I don’t like it and I don’t dislike it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Mmm everyone is gonna vote for the butt obviously 😂😂😂 I don't get how you can compare A and B

1|1
    0|0
  • A is a natural thigh gap. The second pic is an anorexic

0|1
    0|0
  • It's only a thigh gap if the thighs don't touch. Now are legs that skinny automatically more attractive? Certainly not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tried to pick A the wide hips but my browser picked B

A is sexier from a visual stand point due the sexy hips

B is from being skinny

I was B when I was 113#s

I am A now that I am 166#s

Most guys I know like sexy hips and figures

Nature designed women to attract me. Women with wider hips convey "bigger hips for having babies easier"

I know a transgender woman and even though she dresses sexy, she lacks the sexy hip "sway" even the skinniest girl has!

A above is sexier than she is.

Guys will stare at skinny girl walking passed them and keep watching as her hips sway as if saying, "hello boys. I am a sexy girl. "

My trans friend walks by and guys shake their heads as if WTF? Then realize she is trans or in drag

0|0
    0|0
  • What about girls who have two of them? Lol I must be weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have one

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes