Do you think plastic surgery is false advertising?

7d
Courtesy of @Berethor
Chinese man sues wife for being ugly, wins $120,000
kdvr.com/2012/10/26/chinese-man-sues-wins-120000/

this is also a separate question i made for the girls
Girls how would you feel if you found out your boyfriend had cosmetic surgery done? ↗
6d
I am mostly thinking its false advertising if you want to have children with them. Like your kids will be asking why they dont look like their mother or father or they will be asking why dont have a small nose and things like that

3130

Most Helpful Guys

• No. I take the position that ethically enhancements are okay and good.

The alternative is a harsh reality and life where people are ostracized and ultimately their gene pools die off.

Plus, enhancement is natural. It is he goal of every human being to become the best version of themselves. One could argue that education and school — something everyone takes for granted— is actually a form of enhancement; plastic surgery for your brain so to speak.

Same with exercising, eating healthy and going to the gym. Those are all enchantments as well.

Carried out to the logical extreme, an anti-enhancement position would necessitate essentially much of obese America, where only genetically gifted individuals would remain someone fit and in decent shape — though far below their maximum potential— and only child prodigies would have any sort of education, also below their potential.

It seems to me that at the very least, humans are naturally designed to exist on a sliding scale of achievement. There is no point it which someone is ‘real’ and then becomes ‘fake.’ There is only what you have achieved in your lifespan.

Therefore, I believe in genetic engineering, plastic surgery, education and health and fitness. I am pro operations that decrease risk of disease, enhance athletic strength and ability, enhance fertility, enhance visual sexual attractiveness and intelligence enhancing pharmaceuticals.

Why limit ourselves? So yeah, is plastic surgery false advertising? Not really. What’s before you is who that person currently is.

Even if they were not born with those features, they managed to attain them none the less in other ways. The means to receive treatment carry their own inherent value. Surgeries are expensive, and so to be able to have these operations done is a sign of success in other ways. So, I say it’s not false advertisement because it signals achievement regardless of how.

• You know, I’ve kind of changed my views slightly on plastic surgery. I used to be against it and thought that it was a bad thing for the person’s mental well-being for the long run. I still think there are better ways of being secure and more okay with yourself beyond getting plastic surgery though, so on this account I haven’t changed too much. The aspect that I’ve changed on this always labeling this a bad thing. Now, perhaps the doctors and industry of plastic surgery exaggerate their abilities and encourage people to get surgery through manipulation of these people’s insecurities and “defects.” I can empathize and understand the man or woman who just wants to look better and can’t seem to find any other way of making themselves feel happy. In this age of society, we are told various things to make us feel inadequate and we don’t have control over how we react to these things or how much and young we’re exposed to them. Some people have the luck that they never learn or get exposed to these things because of their culture, society, or country. If someone wants to be happy going out and looking in the mirror, I can’t morally be against this person wanting to get some surgery to improve themselves on this account.

• 7d

yes i totally agree! but as much as i want to say its ok i still feel like its false advertising lol mostly because your children won't inherit those attributes of plastic surgery

• 7d

Yeah, I do think it is false advertising

Most Helpful Girls

• It’s not false advertising. But you should always go to a reputable plastic surgeon. Especially one that has experience in what you want done. It’s not a bad thing. It just makes people happy about themselves. There will be judgmental people. But those are the wrong people to be around. To expect things to be the way you want it. When you should let others be themselves. To quote, “You can pick your nose. But you can’t pick someone else’s” yes picking boogers from noses. But it refers to. You can pick how you will be. But ultimately you can’t control others. You can’t tell someone to be happy with the way they look. Plastic surgery helps those people gain something they don’t have.

• 7d

yes i agree and i think its fine to do that but at the same time i think their children will not get any of those characteristics from those surgeries

• 7d

that is very true... with medical technology advancing at a great rate many things will become possible in the future

• 7d

Exactly.

• If you want the genuine natural genetics of her physical traits- then yes it's false advertising.

If you want to enjoy the visual appeal and expect it to remain- yes, also false advertising. ((The texture, wherever she got the plastic surgery, will harden, but she will visually remain contoured... Unless she can't afford the upkeep. Sometimes along with the upkeep... a mess-up or excessive plastic surgery, later down the road, can really pinch up the face- permanently changing the entire structure of the face. It can also become an addiction.))