So earlier, me and one of my buddies came back from a job out in Midland (I work in the oilfields and have to go out to West Texas and the Panhandle alot), and I discovered my 2008 Silverado which was parked outside my apartment completely f***ed up. My ex girlfriend did it. She smashed the windscreen in, smashed all the headlights and taillights. She also keyed it repeatedly all over the paint, and slashed all 4 of my tires. She broke the passenger and driver windows and ripped off one of my doorhandles, as well as tearing up my leather seats. She also ripped out my spark plugs and battery. To make it worse, the little bitch wrote on the hood in sharpie marker "JD IS A CHEATING LYING HICK". My neighbor claims he saw her and her friend tow my truck off and bring it back a few hours later like that. She left me a note in an envelope on the seat saying this was her way of thanking me for helping her see the light about me, and not to f*** with her or lay my hands on her again". To make it even worse, I had some of my work clothes in the truck still. She destroyed and cut up a pair of my work boots, and a pair of my cowboy boots I had in there. They look like they've been ran through the garbage disposal. She also cut up a pair of Wranglers that I had laying on the floor of the truck that I forgot about. I mean I don't care about the boots and jeans so much, its my f***ing truck though.
She's destroyed it, I can't even drive it in this condition and I need it for work or I'm unemployed. I need it to go to out to the oil fields and other jobs. My work will fire me if I don't got a truck for the things we gotta do there. She's screwed me over bad. I don't even know how to tell my insurance about the truck, let alone the Dallas Police. If I call Dallas PD, she might tell them I hit her too, then I'll be in jail. She's made my truck an eyesore. Its just sitting outside my apartment like that and I don't know what to do now about it. I am so f***ing tempted to go over to her place and pound some sense into the little bitch. It was only one time I slept around on her, and she's done this to my truck now. Can I get her for the damages to my Chevy and clothes? I have to be in Abilene Monday for a job fixing an oil pipeline, and I needed my truck for it but can't drive it now no thanks to her. I can't even go out tonight anywhere either now. I don't know what to do about this.
Most Helpful Opinions
I'm gonna be real with you, even though I have my personal opinions in this.
1) Yes, you have the right to press charges of vandalism and make her pay for the repairs.
- Truth: You probably won't succeed in pressing the charges. Just because there is an eye witness that says she took your truck (towing or otherwise) doesn't actually relate her to the violent actions taken against your truck or belongings. In order to press charges, your gonna need snitches, evidence, or an attorney - to even CONSIDER the possibility of winning that case.. And if you lose - she could ask the judge to make you pay her lawyer fees. Not to mention the fact that win or lose, she could make this worse - she could ransack your house, vandolize your truck again, tell your boss about your abuse, tell future girlfriends how you are, or even tell the cops and send you to jail. So in the end, is it worth it? You get to decide.
2) Let's go give her more evidence of abuse, so she can call you in? Look dude, I'm gonna be blunt honest on this one. Going over to her house, or even confronting her again, just to lay a hand on her and "make the little bitch pay" - All that does is just adding more fuel to the fire. You are lining yourself up for a prison sentence with all this vindetta crap.
- She vandolized your truck for whatever reason. Who knows, who cares to wonder about it, it happened and it needs to be fixed. Rather than wasting your life getting back at people, look to solve the problem. Afterall, you need your truck for your job. With the time your trying to invest getting "back at her", you could have your truck fixed.
3) Employers are seldom understanding, but if you keep them informed then they will reason with you.
- You don't have to explain in vivid detail. Tell your boss that your truck was vandalized due to a past peer getting mad at you; ask him if he will reason your "vacation time off" as time to repair your truck in order to meet the responsibilites you hold at work.
4) Quit hitting women; who cares who was in the wrong. Wanna lose another set of tires? some work boots? etc and so forth - Why put yourself in the position you did. You know it happened once, don't repeat past mistakes. Take it as a really sh*tty learning experience and make something of it. Show her (not using violence, but with how well you are doing) that she lost someone very valuable. There's no sense to hit a woman back, ever. If this happens again and you want it to stop, learn how to restrain a woman. If she swings at fist at you, learn to throw her in an arm bar until she decides to quit swinging. Get your anger out afterward by going over to a tree and punching it instead.