My girlfriend hit me, what should I do?

We were in a fight and I called her a name that I definitely shouldn't have, but then she slapped me. It didn't hurt too bad but it just the thought that she would do that, and I would obviously never do that to her. We've been dating for about 2 years.

I'm not sure what to do. We haven't talked in a couple days since it happened but she apologized a lot right after it happened. I don't want to break up with her over this, but I'm kind of considering it cause I'm pretty angry.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• She should have never hit you. They only reason to hit another person is in self-defense, and if you just called her a name there's no way she should've feared for her safety. She will probably do it again to be honest, and it may even get worse eventually. You don't wanna break up with her, but you probably should.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to be a bit smart about this. Realise that girls do not get the same education that boys do when it comes to violence. Boys are taught from infancy that you never hit someone smaller, weaker or female. It's drummed into us that hitting a girl is cowardly and as males we have to exercise discipline and control over our impulses, both sexual and violent.

Girls get none of this. If anything they are encouraged to hit boys. They never have to learn that discipline. You need to make allowances for her on those grounds but demand a bit more restraint from her in future.

0|2
    0|0
    • I was never encouraged to hit boys, no one should be hitting anyone.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Personally I think it's kind of natural to get agresive in a fight, especially if someone hurt you. I'm not saying it's right, but neither was what you did. I think you should cool down and talk about it. The fact she slapped you doesn't mean she's going to get abusive.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think you should break up. If it was a female poster writing this, many people would tell her to ditch her.

Same thing.

0|4
    0|0
  • I hope you apologized for using the name you did. If so, treat it as a learning lesson for the relationship.

1|1
    2|5
  • What on earth did you call her?
    Nothing justifies violence but when things start escalate it's time to stop fighting and take a breath.
    My husband made me so angry at the start of this year but I never laid a hand on him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hit her back and break up. She'll never forget you.

1|1
    1|1
  • Honestly, break up. You know what would happen if the genders were returned.

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes breakup

1|1
    0|1
  • Call the police.

0|2
    0|0
  • Break up or give a stern talk that she doesn't hit you ever.

1|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Strongly suggest she get professional help. If she resorted to violence to resolve a conflict once, she will do it again. EVERY abuser apologizes profusely , and professes their love, and promises to never do it again. Something is broken inside her and if she refuses to get fixed you need to leave.

0|1
    1|0
  • Report it to the police and say you're a victim of domestic assault and watch them look at you with blank faces and then laugh at you behind your back. That's the society we live in.

0|1
    0|1
  • Power up that shock rifle you have and put her through the wall. Or several. Just keep in mind that you should de-focus the output as broad as you can, otherwise you just punch part of her body with all that strength, effectively making hole in her.
    And for the love of god, don’t use pressure-temperature weapon. I know, they’re fun, effective and so on, but…no. Shock rifle will do the trick.
    And just forget about railgun. Or shadow weapon. Or prisma-based weapons.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think you should accept the apology and move on. You've been together for two years and the slap came after you insulted her.

1|1
    0|0
  • She apologized a lot... Dont do that dude and talk about it too. She probably just lost control after hearing that name. But if she does it again then I don't know

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd suggest, you out your big boy pants on.

Go and apologize for calling her the name and don't do it again.

Or leave the girl alone so she doesn't waste her time with whiners anymore.

Your choice

0|1
    2|3
    • LOL what a sexist woman peasant you are. And you defend female pedos too. You seem to completely controlled by women or was raised that way in that case I can't fault you to go to these extremes.

• Show All
  • A word is a word but physical abuse is stepping over the line so much she should apoligise and when she does then you should apoligise to her for calling her badly

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely don't hit her back, as a guy, you'll probably get arrested.

0|1
    1|0
  • It is physical assault. You should call the police and have her charged.

0|1
    0|1
  • Check my profile and read my take on that shit. You used words and she went physical. And just like a man, we do the right thing and just hold it back. Now if you had fucking socked her in the mouth one time... she won't do it again.

The good news... at least she apologized, but don't they all do that? (thats in the Take too) she apologizes and her slate should be wiped clean... no.. i say no. Come here, let me back hand you... then we are fucking even.
    Yes! to all commenters... im fucking petty. Women deserve equality right? you get one... i get one lol.

0|1
    0|0
  • Breakup , because if the roles were reverse, she would have dump you and call the police. Physical assault is a huge no no in a relationship for me.

0|0
    0|1
  • Hit her and go to jail or don’t and let her hit you again

0|0
    0|1
  • Eh... I'd sit on this for a while. Maybe dump her and see if she comes after you.

0|0
    0|1
  • Dump her, there is little chance she would forgive you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Suck it up buttercup.

0|1
    0|1
  • Report it to the cops.

0|1
    1|1
  • Hit her back she deserve it

0|0
    0|1
  • Put your foot down. girlfriend or not, you don't have to take it when she puts her hands on you. U can't demand sex even tho she's ur girlfriend right? Therefore, there are bounderies even within the confines of a relationship. You physically being able to take it does not justify a woman putting her hands on you. Because if the roles were switched u can bet money most women would call the police. Do what u feel is right, but dont let any woman put her hands on you like that again. It's completely disrespectful.. I'd treat her like a gosh damn child since she isn't mature enough to use her words like an adult.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one has the right to lay their hands on anyone. Break up with her, or stay and demonstrate low self esteem, low self respect, and a lack of boundaries.

''I don't want to break up with her over this''

That's the problem with a lot of guys, they take too much crap from their gfs.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes