Are you oblivious when it comes to people liking you?

Is this you as well?
Is this you as well?

I was going out for dinner with a new friend. We're in the same studentchoir. We started chatting about relationships, so I told her I've never actually been in a relationship with someone before. Then she tells me she's surprised to hear this, because lots of guys from the choir we're both in apparently told her they thought I was attractive and would be interested in dating me.

Now it was my turn to be surprised, because I had no clue and actually thought none of them were even remotely interested in me, because nobody ever reached out to me. I'm so oblivious to these things. I just think they're being friendly.

Is anyone else this oblivious just like me? and how do you, as an oblivious person, see that someone likes you?

I'd love to hear your stories!

67

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh gosh yeah, I'm super oblivious. I hang out with guys usually so I'm used to being "one of the guys". That being said, I've awkwardly friendzoned quite a few guys just because I always thought they were just being nice and normal and didn't know they liked me until they admitted it, meaning that I had no time to think it over. Uh let's see. I was on swim team one summer with J, and he and I would hang out at every meet, and almost every day after swim practice either chilling at my house or playing video games and using the pool and hot tub at his. Well at some point he asked me what my type was, then told me I was just his type. To which I awkwardly responded, uuuuh I don't have a type haha. Gosh there are so many times I was oblivious

• 7d

Whaha, oh this would defenitly have happened to me too. I've also have a lot of guy friends and I really believe it makes this more difficult, because we're used to being treated friendly by guys or something and aren't surprised when a new guy treats us friendly.

• 7d

Oh gosh that's awkward. At least he didn't tell about the girl he crushed on at the cafe

• 7d

I've been facepalming myself for quite a while after, yes. Oh yeah, that would've been super awkward haha