Are you oblivious when it comes to people liking you?

Is this you as well?
Is this you as well?

I was going out for dinner with a new friend. We're in the same studentchoir. We started chatting about relationships, so I told her I've never actually been in a relationship with someone before. Then she tells me she's surprised to hear this, because lots of guys from the choir we're both in apparently told her they thought I was attractive and would be interested in dating me.

Now it was my turn to be surprised, because I had no clue and actually thought none of them were even remotely interested in me, because nobody ever reached out to me. I'm so oblivious to these things. I just think they're being friendly.

Is anyone else this oblivious just like me? and how do you, as an oblivious person, see that someone likes you?

I'd love to hear your stories!

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh gosh yeah, I'm super oblivious. I hang out with guys usually so I'm used to being "one of the guys". That being said, I've awkwardly friendzoned quite a few guys just because I always thought they were just being nice and normal and didn't know they liked me until they admitted it, meaning that I had no time to think it over. Uh let's see. I was on swim team one summer with J, and he and I would hang out at every meet, and almost every day after swim practice either chilling at my house or playing video games and using the pool and hot tub at his. Well at some point he asked me what my type was, then told me I was just his type. To which I awkwardly responded, uuuuh I don't have a type haha. Gosh there are so many times I was oblivious

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Whaha, oh this would defenitly have happened to me too. I've also have a lot of guy friends and I really believe it makes this more difficult, because we're used to being treated friendly by guys or something and aren't surprised when a new guy treats us friendly.

• Show All
    • 7d

Oh gosh that's awkward. At least he didn't tell about the girl he crushed on at the cafe

• 7d

I've been facepalming myself for quite a while after, yes. Oh yeah, that would've been super awkward haha

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's happened to me in environments where I am focused on other things- one of my professors was interested in me but it never occurred to me because I was focused on my studies and she was older than me. Doesn't happen most of the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yeah, horribly so. I can point out to others if someone likes them with no issue.

But a guy basically has to be holding up a sign that says he likes me and it's not a joke, for me to know if he likes me, lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

Haha, yeah that sounds just like me. So what do you need for a guy to get through to you? Does he has to ask you out or just say it or?

• Mines is a bit different. When my bae used to say "i like u" , i used to say "i dont like u" and pause. Then i used to say "i love u". And he started smiling.

1|0
    0|0
  • It happens. People are not always good at picking up hints.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it's hard to tell, definitely with women..

0|0
    0|0
  • Smart as a Whipper Will Whip. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm terrible at picking up signals.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it’s easy for me to tell

0|0
    0|0
  • i am oblivious

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I'm not sure how many have shown interest in me (maybe I never picked up on it?), but I know there have been one or two that made it very obvious, and even making it obvious (without actually saying so), I still doubted it. That's why we always tell you women to be direct, not subtle. Because if you leave room for doubt, we'll doubt it for sure.

1|0
    0|0
    • 7d

That's a good summary, not just for men but for me as well haha. I'm going to steal that last line from you.

• I’ve made it a point to tell people that I like them, it’s made a big difference.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes