Why Indian Food Is More Than Curry

Some people think that Indian food is all about curry even through India have most diverse food and non Indian only have explored north Indian food they don't even have explored it completely.

Pani Puri

India's favourite Street food it came in many filling and different type of flavour water it can be sweet spicy etc.

Pani Puri
Pani Puri

Pav Bhaji

Originally from Maharastra but whole India love it.

Pav Bhaji
Pav Bhaji

Dhokla

It is mainly for breakfast but a dhokla lover can eat it any time

Dhokla
Dhokla

Dosa

South Indian food. Non Indians don't have explored. It it is very diverse and have many variety. You can use different feeling and use different side dishes with it etc.

Dosa
Dosa

Biryani

It can be vegetarian or non vegetarian and with different ingredients and different cooking style it can have different taste.

Biryani
Biryani

Namkeen

There are thousand type of namkeen each have different taste could be sweet or spicy.

Namkeen
Namkeen

Poha

India's favorite breakfast very simple and tasty.

Poha
Poha

Pakora

Very diverse dish

Pakora
Pakora

Idli

Another south Indian dish.

Idli
Idli

Samosa

Samosa usually has potato filling but there is diversity; there is even chicken samosa.

Samosa
Samosa

Sweets

Many people complain that Indian food is spicy while they only have tried spicy food. iIf Indian sweets were famous Indian food would have been considered sweet. Well you don't actually need to eat spicy Indian food; use less spice it would be less spicy, instead of complaining. Most Indian food would still taste amazing even without much spices.

Rasgulla

It is from North East, people have not explored this region.

Rasgulla
Rasgulla

Kheer

There are many types of kheer.

Kheer
Kheer

Ladoo

It also comes in many types.

Ladoo
Ladoo

Halwa

It is very famous in India and have many types.

Halwa
Halwa

Modak

It looks like dumplings. Well it is sweet and have different kinds of fillings.

Modak
Modak

Shrikhand

My favourite!

Shrikhand
Shrikhand

Imarati

It is sweet and yummy.

Imarati
Imarati

Faluda

Royal people used to eat it.

Faluda
Faluda

Lassi

From North India. It has a different flavour.

Lassi
Lassi

I have not even mentioned other famous and non curry food. Well, Indian food is so diverse that it is not possible to do it all. You should try to explore it on your own.

1331

Most Helpful Guys

• Wow I love Indian food. There are several Indian restaurants in the city where I live. There is a new one about a mile from me and I can't wait to get there!

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• Indian food looks tasty and it seems like there are more food diversity there than in Norway. I made a similar MyTake about Norwegian food.
    Norwegian Cuisine - 12 Dishes ↗

• I don't like Indian food despite being Indian. Most of the time it has to be vegetarian dish which sucks.
    I love my food with fish, chicken, goat and pork (except for Cow meat). One more thing is Indian curry stinks for me. I prefer dry food but I love Indian sweets tho.

• India have many non vegetarian dishes curry have many variety all of it don't stink

• I do also prefer meat in the food. :)

• I agree. I've had the honor, and pleasure, of trying every dish you've mentioned above.

People, in general, like to reduce an entire cuisine to just a few dishes. This usually happens when such people are very ignorant about said cuisine.

For example, to add to what you mentioned about Indian food, there are:
    - people who think Japanese food is just sushi rolls and miso soup
    - people who think Chinese food is what you get at Panda Express
    - people who think Korean food is just Barbecue and Bibimbap
    - people who think Italian food is just pasta and pizza.

I could go on and on, but you get the gist.

• Well that is said every cuisine is diverse they should explore it rather than steorytyping

• I mean sad not said

• I agree! Why limit yourself to one or two dishes when there are so much more dishes to try!

• I absolutely love Indian cuisine. It's very diverse (as diverse as India and surrounding countries are). I hadn't had any in months.
    After reading this take, I'm definitely going to treat myself to some later this weekend.

• Love Indian food. Dosa is my favourite. Oh and paani puri too. Wish you had included kaju barfi too.

• Lol i could only put 20 i didn't even include jalebi

• Milk+jalebi=☺️

• Nope, it's all curry.

The only thing they eat in America is cheeseburgers, the only thing they eat in Mexico is tacos, the only thing they eat in France is snails, the only thing they eat in Germany is frankfurters, the only thing they eat in Italy is pizza, and the only thing they eat in India is curry.

• That's racist and not true

• I don't think he was being serious.

• @Anon-ymous1 than its okay some people say stupid things about indians so i am a bit sensitive

• I won't eat curry. I love Dosa, I love Pani Puri, I love Idlie. I think you are missing vadi

• I can't put all dishes here

• I am proud to be someone that has literally tried all of those in your list. I know how to cook Briyani myself. Kheer and Faluda are two of my favourite sweets.

• Honestly I hate
    My nation
    It's history
    It's government
    It's social norm..
    It's religion texture..

But I love the food..
    I mean it's like tickling your taste buds..
    It don't hate the food. But I think.. To stay fit, diet and correct food is necessary..
    And I find our food.. Having excess nutrition value.. 😂🤣😂

Also I am not Insanely crazy about food..
    We have amazing food..
    Delicacies that you can spent a lifetime trying..

I am not insulting the food.. But if someone Insults food of India..
    I am smacking some sense into them..
    They can insult other parts that deserve insulting.. 🤣😂🤣😂
    Like pervert young boys..

• There is nothing to hate about india

• I have plenty reasons..
      It's my nation..
      We both love each other enough that there is plenty of space for.. Hating!.
      But no one from foreign is allowed to hate..
      Or I am kicking their ass...

• Next, you’re going to tell me something stupid like Italian food is not just pizza or American food doesn’t just consist of hamburgers... you ignorant butthead!!!

• I worked in an Indian restaurant, and the food is so delicious and wonderful.
    Although with the title of this take, I expected more than just images of common foods throughout India.

• What did you expected?

• I expected more in depth description on the various cuisines, spices, techniques, etc.
      but that is a lot of work to write lol

• I want some of that! Damn it all looks really good.

• I thought you were going to share the reason.
    Why is it more than curry? What is the history behind how the food is more than curry?

• Well i put dishes name there is no history behind it

• If course there is history. Please find this and report back to me with the real answer.

• Arrey yaar muh mein paani aagya. Great take. I agree. 🤟

• It's a trap! The stuff that looks good is actually filled with gross and spicy shit.

• All that food looks good.

Why is this question unnecessarily anonymous?

• I always ask and answer questions anonymously

• Indian food sucks

• I love indian food

• Are you indian?

• A lot of these foods look good.

• Those all look so good.

• I absolutely LOVE Indian food!!!

• Many of those look very tasty.

• Where are you from in India

• Madhya pradesh

• i hope not I LOVE CURRY!

• You should also try things other than curry india have more to offer than curry

• Noooooo! Curry is life!!!

• In America you can find most of these foods. This is not 1960, you know.

• These dishes are not famous like curry while in india people love them

• Most of that food is of pakistan too. So it's not indian food, more like sub continent food

• It is indian what food is pakistani here? Most Pakistani food is indian lol

• If it was made in india than how is it pakistani just because they are muslim lol

• Well tell me where were mugals born..
      They were decedent's of Temujin, the legendry Mongolian warrior,..
      They gave him name Genghis khan..
      How ironic that his descendents chose to become the people, he set out to cleanse the world off..

• You're wrong about Biryani. There's only non veg biryani! Veg sidekick is called Pulao FYI

• Some people call it veg biryani

• Those people are wrong

• For Jehovah God is a suna and a shield;b
    He gives favor and glory.
    Jehovah will not hold back anything good
    From those walking in integrity. c

• They usually stink, That is why

• Tried to smell it it smell amazing indian food is really aromatic i don't know what you are eating

• Okay

What Girls Said 11

• Thanks for doing this. I was getting pissed off and thinking to do the same post.

So tired of everyone saying everything I cook is curry.
    ._. Seriously. I cook pancakes and they will say its curry.

• That's true honestly most indian food that i eat is not even curry but people believe in stereotype.

• Smelling if curry is worst stereotype

• I agree... how can they say our food stinks... ._.

• I love Indian food! I used to eat mainstream Indian food every day when I was in University because I thought it was healthier than the other meal options - lots of protein and healthy condiments and vegetables

• Mainstream indian food is less healtheir you should try to explore more

• i ate butter chicken for the protein and veggies that came with the meal. Even if it's not perfectly healthy - its better than the other foods they sell at school.

• But india have more healthy and tasty food you should really try to explore it believe me you won't regret

• Its really ignorant to think an entire nation only has food based around 1 dish just because we aren't exposed to much else. I dont get people sometimes.
    Those all look delicious though!

• there should be high end indian restraunts that make this stuff

• Lol normal restruant is enough indian food is not expensive

• . O. show me da way. feed me your Delicious foods

• Indian food is just curry

• It is more than curry

• I love Indian food, it's one of my favorites.

• All of them look delicious and colorful.

• Thanks. Now I`m hungry.

• Indian women barely have any rights and are assaulted everyday.

• I am indian i have all kind of right and no one is assaulting me it is more like stereotype

• And we are talking about food not indians or feminism or women seriously

• the food has a lot of flavor and spice so you can't taste the decaying meat if there is any and ingredients.