Types Of Chocolate Bars

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Considering I love chocolate, I decided to make MyTake dedicated to my favorite dessert.

Most people know about milk, dark and white chocolate, however, there are some other interesting types of chocolate, I'll describe them all.

Milk chocolate

Light brown in color and soft in consistency. It's made of cocoa and sugar with the addition of milk, cream, cream powder, milk powder, milk fat and lecithin. It may also contain cocoa butter. Milk chocolate contains about 25% fat and up to 55% sugar.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Dark chocolate (aka "black chocolate" or "bitter chocolate")

Slightly bitter type of chocolate, dark brown in color, without added milk. It contains less sugar and more cocoa solids than other types of chocolate, and is considered as the healthiest kind of chocolate.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

White chocolate

White chocolate is a mixture of cocoa butter, sugar and milk parts.
It doesn't contain cocoa solids, that's why it's not brown in color.
It is characterized by a pale yellow or ivory color.
According to standards, a product declared as white chocolate must contain at least 1/5 of cocoa butter, 3,5% of milk fat, a minimum of 14% of milk solids, and no more than 55% of sugar or other sweetening matter.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Ruby chocolate

Ruby chocolate consists of non-fermented cocoa beans, which allows the chocolate to retain the purple color of cocoa pods.
It consists of sugar, cocoa butter, skimmed milk powder, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, citric acid and various types of flavoring.
Ruby Chocolate contains minimally 47% of cocoa solids, 26% of milk solids.
This newest kind of chocolate tastes a bit like white chocolate, but with slightly sourish fruit-like aroma.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Blonde chocolate

Blond chocolate is a new chocolate with a light caramel to light gold color, and a sweet, creamy, caramel taste. It's in fact a caramelized white chocolate, with almost the same ingredients, but toastier taste, due to process of caramelization of white chocolate crumbs, often combined with chocolate liqueur.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Raw chocolate

Unprocessed type of chocolate, produced without heating, or mixing with other ingredients. It's commonly dark brownish to almost black color. This kind of chocolate is usually promoted as healthy, just like the dark chocolate. It's quite popular among the raw foodists.

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Baking chocolate (aka cooking chocolate)

It's used for baking various types of cookies and cakes, as well as for cooking chocolate creams, stuffings and toppings.
This type of chocolate comes in three varieties - unsweetened, bittersweet, semisweet and sweet. It usually doesn't contain cocoa butter (unless it's white baking chocolate).

Types Of Chocolate Bars

Compound chocolate

It's a substitute chocolate, not a real chocolate in gastronomical sense, but it looks similar, though, the taste is not nearly as good as the true chocolate.
It's less expensive to produce, because it contains cheap replacement ingredients (e.g vegetable fats instead of the more expensive cocoa butter, artificial sweeteners instead of sugar, food colorants instead of natural color etc).
There are also alternative and healthier versions of such chocolate, for example vegan chocolate bars, which usually contain genuine cocoa powder, natural sweeteners, and plant milk instead of actual dairy products.

Types Of Chocolate Bars
Types Of Chocolate Bars
10
7

Most Helpful Girls

• TatyanaTheEmpress
    Milk chocolate - Love it.
    White chocolate - Like it.
    Dark chocolate - Not exactly my cup of tea.
    I don't know about the others, until I try them, but ruby chocolate looks interesting.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Femdomina
    Deliciously looking myTake, nice job, keep it up ;) 👌
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• Zorax
    Excellent Take, I love various types of chocolate too. White and milk chocolate are my favorites. I recently tried ruby chocolate, it's not bad, I was pleasantly surprised.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Nice take
    I should have expected this from you
    I didn't even knew some of these types existed.
    But wouldn't raw chocolate just be the bean from the coco pod?
    Is this still revelant?
    • ChocoLada

Thanks ;)
      Yeah, you should have :D
      Now you know, just ask the expert aka me 😎
      No, because bean from the coco pod is called cocoa beans. It's raw cocoa, not roasted, grinded or fermented.

• But I imagine if they're processing it, they add some additives to it. Once it's in a cube, I no longer consider it raw, but what do I know?
      I did a small segment on chocolate production in my Grenada video.
      You should watch it. You have my Youube right? It's Grenada: Part 3

I didn't realize, this was your first MyTake
      good job

• ChocoLada

Well, it's raw because it's not roasted, it's just pressed and modeled into a cube ;)
      There are only few natural additives like sugar, soy lecithin, and vanilla.
      Yup, I have it ;)
      Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

58
  • Frightening
    I clicked on this Mytake because consequently, last wensday I tried ruby chocolate for the first time. I was overly excited for it lmao. i found that it doesn't really taste any different though then other chocolate really.
    • ChocoLada

It tastes a bit like white chocolate, with a mild fruit-like aroma.

• kespethdude
    This is great! I'll go looking for the new forms of chocolate. Thank you, my fellow chocolate fan.
  • kojikurac
    Svaki put mi kaže da je previše slova!
    Kako se ovdje odgovara?
    • ChocoLada

Odličan odgovor ;)

• kojikurac

@ChocoLada
      Ja mislio ovo Twitter, pa reko da napišem šta se momentalno dešava.

• ChocoLada

Ovo je bolje od Twittera, ali ima neka ograničenja u slovima, svaki sajt ima neke mane i prednosti ;)

• ImaginativeDreamer
    Cool mytake, I like milk chocolate, white chocolate is ok too, dark chocolate is not bad either, but I haven't tried the others yet.
  • All i saw chocolate and came straight to this my take. Now all i want is chocolate. 😭😭😭
  • Wow awesome take! I’ve never even seen or heard of Ruby chocolate! Very cool!
    • ChocoLada

Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)

• midnightmoon05
    Yummy!!! love some dark, freshly made chocolate. Just got some today :)
  • dreamstar72
    I love most Chocolate except for white chocolate.
    • ChocoLada

Why not white chocolate?

• Could be just me but I think it doesn't have a chocolate flavor

• Razal
    Very nice and Informative
  • douride2
    I love dark chocolate.
  • KaraAyna
    I love chocolate
  • Reach500
    50% Dark chocolate
  • Yes and I don't like certain chocolates.
    • ChocoLada

What kind of chocolates you don't like?