What do you think of girls that can cook?

Guys do you think it's hot when a girl can cook?

49191

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm indifferent, if a girl can cook great if she can't I don't care cause I can cook and it doesn't make her more or less hot. Also i think cooking is just a life skill every women and man should have. I guess i fail to see the connecting of it being hot or not. Sorry

Most Helpful Girl

• Both males and females should know how to cook it's a basic life skills so, it shouldn't make a female hot or not if she can or cannot cook. That's not a feminist rant just common sense.

• Well, men have their preferences. I don't see men complain about women thinking a guy can cook is hot as a bad thing

• Well, the younger generations are the future. You are going to die before me.
      Also, why are you generalizing people my age? I know a bunch of people who aren't lazy asses that are my age.
      Stfu

• Women more often outlive men so we'll see and I'm not generalizing it's you age range and reality accept it ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

What Guys Said 190

• A girl that can cook is nice but it is better if she actually enjoys it and is concerned if you or her family has had enough to eat. I was amazed with Latinos in how their culture is centered around family and how she would put her pride aside and ask me if I had enough to eat even when she was angry with me.

• Haha, but really that's cool if s/he can because I can't to save my life. I can't even make spaghetti right. For some reason it always comes out tasting sour/ lime-y

• Assuming you mean the tomato sauce? If that's the case a pinch of sugar offsets the acidity of the tomato.

• I think they are girls that can cook. It's really not anything special, or at least it shouldn't be. Cooking is just a part of being self-sufficient. That goes for girls and guys.

• Yup. Guys like to eat.

Men have 3 basic needs - you supply them in spades and he'll move mountains for you:

1. Sex
    2. Food
    3. Love/affection/respect

About half women don't believe it, or think it's not necessary, or simply refuse. FAIL

• It's a good skill to have but I cook as well, therefore I don't have this 1970's approach where a girl should cook dinner for me and have it ready when I come home. Cooking takes effort, boiling some pasta, throwing some ground beef to sizzle and dumping tomato sauce and saying here is just a lazy quick meal to make.

I admit there are days where I am exhausted and I just want to order something and go to bed. But when I am in the mood to cook I can cook tandoori chicken, rice, beef kebabs, lasagna, chili chicken and stir-fry noodles, some good BBQ food, and a few others.

• I've never been one to understand this as the stereotypical guy does. I find it cute maybe or a nice useful talent to have, and I think cooking together would be a lot of fun. But the whole "make me dinner" craze doesn't make sense to me

• It's not really an impressive skillset. It's just survivability lol. If a girl can't cook, then I'll just look at her as a child.

• ๐Ÿ” A girl who knows how to eat healthy and cook delicious meals is what I call "Wife and Mother material". A woman worth living with. Very positive skill to have.

• Hmmmmm - I am okay cook myself on the everyday stuff so possibly I would only notice if she was a really good cook - I would regard it as a talent, I don't think I would give it any extra emphasis over other talents well maybe if she enjoyed cooking, it would be fun to try stuff.

• I'm pretty disgusted when anyone can't cook. It doesn't make any difference what gender they are, it's a very basic discipline, like tying shoelaces.

• Most men are terrible cooks so it's almost an expected thing that women can cook. If not it doesn't really matter just make sure one of you can cook in the relationship can't buy takeaways everyday it's just not feesable

• I love to cook and a woman who can cook is not only attractive to me but, cooking is a major component to a great lifetime partner. Not to mention my then wife and I burned some meals by doing our business on the kitchen counter... lol.

• Everybody should be able to cook, girls AND guys.

I don't look at it as a sexy thing, it's just a need to have, simple as that.

• I honestly don't mind if a woman can cook or not.

• Cooking is a basic life skill everyone. Both male and female should know how to do before the age of 18. I don't see how it could ever be regarded as 'sexy'

• I don't know about it being hot, except physically when cooking something. Cooking is a vital skill, how well it's done is debatable on a person to person basis, but food is a necessity.

• Yes... and I know it's not just men that have a hole to their heart through their stomach's. I cook well myself ;-)

• Hot! But I can also cook. I might not be the best at it, but I can cook. Both female and male should know how to.

• I don't know about hot but it is definitely a bonus. I like cooking but doing every other night would be perfect aha.

• It's neither hot or not. She SHOULD know how to cook as it's a basic life skill for survival. Same goes for men.

• I make grilled cheese sandwiches in my toaster... A girl who can cook is a dream come true!

• Cooking is a skill that was undervalued for too long so it went away. I see it as a huge plus, especially if we can cook together

• Always an appreciated skill! :)

• Wife material.

• Yes i dont mind food but honestly why not use that energy for something more important, i mean u could even still do it in the kitchen and she can eat whats cooking up in my body

• Yes, a girl who can cook is sexy as hell. (Especially if she cooks naked.)

• I wouldn't use the word "hot", but yes, I lik a girl who can cook. I can also cook, not great, but I can survive on my own cooking if need be

• it's amazing having protective skills is really good.

• I think it's hot, I mean I cook all the time and if someone cooked for me too I'd appreciate it a lot ๐Ÿ˜

• More from Guys
    160

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 48

• I think it's hotter when a guy can cook. I grew up not knowing how to cook because my father did all the cooking while growing up and most of the guys in my family. But when I moved out, I had to learn how to cook to feed myself and I actually find it fun. It's very rewarding when other people compliment the food that I just made. It's delicious!!! My parents are very proud of me. Whenever I facetime my parents while I am busy cooking, my father would give me some tips on the recipe as I do it. It is a life skill as well. Girls who can cook are wifey material and attractive if I was a guy. Guys look up to their moms growing up and they will want to come home after a long day from work to a home cooked meal prepared by the love of their lives. It makes it more intimate and made with love.

• I am a great cook and was wondering if men still appreciated it. But I love to cook from scratch, so Iโ€™d do it anyway. I can spend all day cooking. Itโ€™s my biggest passion equal to sex lol. Itโ€™s very sensual smelling fresh spices blooming in avocado oil. Or slow oven roasted ribs and roast beef. Grilled veggies. I cook with fresh garlic, limes and pecorino romano, and homemade pasta. Mexican street tacos, burritos, curries, gourmet lasagna, chicken and dumplings, chicken salad, beef stew, chili, couscous, crab cakes, etc. but i donโ€™t make desserts. No one needs all that sugar. I have fruit for dessert. Iโ€™m so hungry right now. What to cook today? BBQ chicken sandwiches I think and oven roasted asparagus. Mmmmm

• Wow , a real woman !! That really sounds good tho. In my culture of Hawaii and Samoa , both men and women and a lot of times the ( children help prepare and cook together. It's usually a family thing and every body there helps regardless. Funny how today's women are in other parts of the world. Especially the US mainland and Europe.

• I envy them. You'd think I'm saying I suck at cooking to be relatable but I can seriously not even make pancakes correctly.

• I used to be the Chef of the Century but With getting Back into my Writing and All... I no Longer find this a Ball.
    I love a man who Can Cook for me, for a Change. AN dMany Have, Of Course, A Main Course.
    How about that One, hun? lolxx

• What do u mean how about that one? Haha. I can cook most things, my biggest problem is I get side tracked by other things hahha

• Haha I can cook a lot too. My problem is I work in a kitchen so when I'm at home I can't be bothered haha

• lol Ohhh, I see the Difference Here, dear. xx

• Cooking is a life skill. Everyone should be able to do so. If they cannot, then they are little babies who need to move back in with mommy until they learn.

• It's a skill that everyone should have on a basic level. It's when you advance it to a degree of mastery that it becomes "hot".

• Yes they think it's hot, I find it brings them closer to you and brings feelings faster, but you have to learn to do it well. I don't think everyone will be a super awesome cook but just try at least and put your heart in it. If he shows you that he doesn't give a crap about your feelings however, make him make his own food!! Sometimes they get too comfortable and turn into aholes.

• It's stupid as fuck that white men always expect women to do all the cooking. Take turns. It's a necessary skill to have, regardless of gender

• Its great i don't understand why some people don't know how because its very easy to learn.

• I think everyone should know how to cook; it's a basic life skill. But many people actually think just making a sandwich or using a microwave counts as cooking. Talk to me when you've made cod kedgeree, chicken tagine, pork cacciatore, etc. It's that kind of cooking that makes a man put a ring on it. Just ask my fiancรฉ ;)

• It's easy to cook
      To many girls think cooking is a microwave

• Good then she can survalival

• It's attractive. For guys too

• I know how to cook, I don't like cooking though. So any guy hoping that I would cook for them all the time, are out of luck.

• Just do what you like. It is just like any another hobby. But the ability of doing some basic meal is practical for anyone in life.

• I dunno about other girls. But I love it when a man can cook. โค

• I think everyone should be able to cook. I've personally done culinary classes but really I love baking.

• I think they're nice. Being able to cook is a great thing

• I mean I think everyone should know how to cook, itโ€™s a valuable skill to have lol

• A basic human function, hurrah

• I think everyone should know how to cook.

• I know how to cook.. and I love it when a guy knows too.. it's very hot

• Amazing! I wish I could do that!

• It's pretty normal.

• Lol girl I command you. You look great. my question is when can I come over for dinner?

• That they understand their basic needs too survive.

• @rgboo8 ever done a first date cook? I had a girl who cooked for me, set the smoke alarms off and we sent 2 hours off the first date trying to understand why the fire brigade couldn't reset the code and let us back inside!

• Nothing special. Everyone should know how to cook. Or at least try to learn.

• As a girl I would try and make the girl that can cook my maid

• im to lazy to cook ;}

• I only cook because I have to. My dad's cooking is really... Eh. My mum's is either really bad or good. I can consistantly cook well.
    I don't see why it would be hot for a girl to cook.

• I have improved heaps over the years.
    Wasn't too great at first.

• More from Girls
    18