What's your favorite cuisine?

#Cuisine #Food
What's your favorite cuisine?Didn't have enough poll options to add African, Scandinavian or other cuisines. If you don't have any favorites, you can add that in the comments.
  • What's your favorite cuisine?East-Asian food (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.)
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Indian food
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Middle-eastern food
    Vote C
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Italian food
    Vote D
  • What's your favorite cuisine?US food
    Vote E
  • What's your favorite cuisine?UK food
    Vote F
  • Other (Explain what)
    Vote G

4561

Most Helpful Girl

• I can cook Italian and I have Italian chef friends here in Italy who help me learn and improve, one of my dreams is to become chef too, hopefully!
    I like not only to eat Italian by the way, I also like all the other cuisines, my fav is still Italian because I'm used to it but I am also used to Japanese cuisine and I like that too and I can cook that too!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all cuisines have their goods and flaws. But most of them are fantastic though depending on where you come from, might require some adaptation period.

From all the foods I've tried around the world, I only find that the one from the UK leaves a lot to be desired. Most excellent food you can taste in the UK usually comes from countries like India, Pakistan, Korea, France or Spain (to name some). I have plenty of British friends who agree with me (always well travelled) but still I find the urge to apologize to all British citizens who might not agree with my evaluation.

I encounter that Japanese food is impresive, as they take very good care of the raw ingredients and their cooking techniques are not elaborate, but thorough. They try their best to enhance the flavour of the basic ingredients, without adding too many spices or falling into too elaborate cooking.

Amongst vegetarian and vegan, the cuisine from India is excellent. They know how to get the best flavours out of vegetables without the use of animal protein, by the excellent use of spices and slow cooking.

My favourite European cuisins are Italian and Spanish. They both are easy for most tastes, use the best of the Mediterranian ingredients, and have a vast repertoire of recipes. And they both are very healthy. Despite the popularity of French cuisine, and although I find it is very tasty and elaborated, I dislike the common abusive use of butter and cream, which conceals the real taste of the raw ingredients.

I don't think the US has a distinctive cuisine, as most of it is imported from Mexico, and has other dishes which are variations from other European countries such as Germany or Italy. However, like in the UK, it is possible to taste some excellent international dishes in the big cities from countries like France, Lebanon, India, China, etc. Very good chefs from all around the world end up in the US and the UK to delight us with their delicacies.

Regarding you mentioning Scandinavian cuisine, I'm quite surprised as it is limited and has some very hard to assimilate flavours for most (wherever you are from). Being herring a good example.

The middle east too has some incredible examples of exquisite cuisine. Persian (Iran) food is complex and aromatic. Food from Lebanon is world reknowned and popular in big cities with a gastro reputation (NY, London...).

All in all I'm very fond of the cuisine from my country Spain. But I will never say it is the best around.

• Beware I missed a lot of examples of excellent world cuisine here, such as Greek, Turkish, Chinese (Mandarin), Thai, Vietnamese, Hungarian and Austrian, Moroccan, Indonesian, and so on. New World cuisine is also interesting, particularly Caribbean food as it is very exotic and mixed.

• Thanks for a detailed and a good answer! : ) I wrote a MyTake about Norwegian food:
      Norwegian Cuisine - 12 Dishes ↗