What's your favorite cuisine?

#Cuisine #Food
What's your favorite cuisine?Didn't have enough poll options to add African, Scandinavian or other cuisines. If you don't have any favorites, you can add that in the comments.
  • What's your favorite cuisine?East-Asian food (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.)
    Vote A
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Indian food
    Vote B
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Middle-eastern food
    Vote C
  • What's your favorite cuisine?Italian food
    Vote D
  • What's your favorite cuisine?US food
    Vote E
  • What's your favorite cuisine?UK food
    Vote F
  • Other (Explain what)
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I can cook Italian and I have Italian chef friends here in Italy who help me learn and improve, one of my dreams is to become chef too, hopefully!
    I like not only to eat Italian by the way, I also like all the other cuisines, my fav is still Italian because I'm used to it but I am also used to Japanese cuisine and I like that too and I can cook that too!

5|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think all cuisines have their goods and flaws. But most of them are fantastic though depending on where you come from, might require some adaptation period.

From all the foods I've tried around the world, I only find that the one from the UK leaves a lot to be desired. Most excellent food you can taste in the UK usually comes from countries like India, Pakistan, Korea, France or Spain (to name some). I have plenty of British friends who agree with me (always well travelled) but still I find the urge to apologize to all British citizens who might not agree with my evaluation.

I encounter that Japanese food is impresive, as they take very good care of the raw ingredients and their cooking techniques are not elaborate, but thorough. They try their best to enhance the flavour of the basic ingredients, without adding too many spices or falling into too elaborate cooking.

Amongst vegetarian and vegan, the cuisine from India is excellent. They know how to get the best flavours out of vegetables without the use of animal protein, by the excellent use of spices and slow cooking.

My favourite European cuisins are Italian and Spanish. They both are easy for most tastes, use the best of the Mediterranian ingredients, and have a vast repertoire of recipes. And they both are very healthy. Despite the popularity of French cuisine, and although I find it is very tasty and elaborated, I dislike the common abusive use of butter and cream, which conceals the real taste of the raw ingredients.

I don't think the US has a distinctive cuisine, as most of it is imported from Mexico, and has other dishes which are variations from other European countries such as Germany or Italy. However, like in the UK, it is possible to taste some excellent international dishes in the big cities from countries like France, Lebanon, India, China, etc. Very good chefs from all around the world end up in the US and the UK to delight us with their delicacies.

Regarding you mentioning Scandinavian cuisine, I'm quite surprised as it is limited and has some very hard to assimilate flavours for most (wherever you are from). Being herring a good example.

The middle east too has some incredible examples of exquisite cuisine. Persian (Iran) food is complex and aromatic. Food from Lebanon is world reknowned and popular in big cities with a gastro reputation (NY, London...).

All in all I'm very fond of the cuisine from my country Spain. But I will never say it is the best around.

0|1
    0|0
    • Beware I missed a lot of examples of excellent world cuisine here, such as Greek, Turkish, Chinese (Mandarin), Thai, Vietnamese, Hungarian and Austrian, Moroccan, Indonesian, and so on. New World cuisine is also interesting, particularly Caribbean food as it is very exotic and mixed.

• Thanks for a detailed and a good answer! : ) I wrote a MyTake about Norwegian food:
      Norwegian Cuisine - 12 Dishes ↗

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 44

• Chinese food

0|1
    0|1
  • I love Latin cuisine because I've come to terms with how it's a mixture of everything such as Haitian, Italian, Indian etc. it's hard to pin point it out but it's the small things that branch out.
    Other than that my second preference would be East Asian food since it's far - different than Latin or any other food.

0|4
    0|0
  • I wanted to vote ALL of them

My favourite at home food is
    - spring rolls / spaghetti / oysters / deep fried shredded potatoes

My favourite food outside the home is
    - pita or shawarma / lasanga / korean barbecue

0|1
    0|0
  • I love Italian and "fake Asian" food. I really enjoy the Chinese and Japanese food you get in here in Europe, but I wasn't a fan of the authentic Asian cuisine when I visited.

0|3
    0|0
    • I have to agree with you but tbh I really couldn't choose my favorite i just love freakin' food😆

• I wanna say italian since i love soaghetti, lasagna, meatballs, and pizza but im addicted to US food like hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, BBQ ribs, baked beans, etc

0|1
    0|0
  • There's no such thing as African cuisine, since Africa is a continent. So all African countries have their own cuisine.

I'm a big fan of Italian cuisine. I think it's probably the best in the world!

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely Chinese. There’s just so many things that I wanna shove down my throat 😍 but also I wanna try our middle eastern and Indian because I haven’t really had those and therefore my opinion is kind of biased.

0|1
    0|1
  • East-Asian (particularly Japanese) food tops my list of favorites, closely followed by Italian & American cuisine.

1|2
    0|0
  • Mexican food, you cannot really classify US food because it's a mixture from other countries or its sub-divided by southern, northern, cajun, etc).

1|2
    0|0
  • East-Asian food followed by Italian, and then Indian. I love all food though haha. I’d be down to try almost anything!

0|1
    0|0
  • Grew up on my mom and grandma's chinese food. Favorite dish of all time is jing jiang rou si/京酱肉丝 (sweet and sour pork) with white rice and roasted broccoli. My grandma makes it every time I visit.

0|1
    0|1
  • I don’t particularly like Thai food. That’s about it. Though I don’t think I would like Russian food. It seems like it’s both heavy and full of beets. Neither of which appeals to me.

0|1
    0|1
  • East Asian food more specifically Vietnamese food. It's so healthy with lots of veggies and minimal use of oil. Like pho and garden rolls.

2|1
    0|0
  • To me, nothing can top Middle Eastern/North African/Mediterranean food from countries like Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Iran etc.

Maybe specifically Korean cuisine is as good as those.

1|1
    0|0
  • I voted east Asian because Korean BBQ is... so good. But most of these I enjoy a lot.

1|1
    0|0
  • neither of these

i prefer german, ukrainian, and russian cuisine since that's what i am

even Canadian, since that's the country i live in lol

0|1
    0|1
  • They're all so good! I literally can't decide, specially between Indian and Italian😫

0|1
    0|0
  • Out of the above, UK food. I love haggis any and all seafood are also favorites.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't tried many cuisines in my life, but here are the ones that I like:
    1) Indian food. I wouldn't really say that Bengali food is my 'favorite' just because it's something I eat everyday, but I can't stay for a long time without Bengali food. But I love south Indian food and Indian vegetarian food. Indian food is literally what I eat... so of course I'm used to it the most.
    2) Chinese food. Peking roast duck, dumplings, mapo tofu, moon cake, these are some popular Chinese foods that I remember eating. And they're so delicious. I'm salivating already even though I just ate a burger.
    3) Thai food. It's been a long time I haven't eaten Thai food but it's so yummy!

0|1
    0|0
  • Italian food and us food is fast food you find it anywhere

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely African or Italian. I love African meals

0|1
    0|0
  • Dominican food

0|2
    0|0
  • I picked Italian but Indian was pretty close too

0|2
    0|0
  • Indian and Italian :)

0|2
    0|0
  • GREEK CUISINE BABYYYY 🇬🇷🇬🇷💙

0|1
    0|0
  • Indonesian

0|1
    0|0
  • Indian

0|1
    0|0
  • I like Burmese and Thailand food.

0|1
    0|0
  • East-Asian. I also like my traditional polish food

0|1
    0|0
  • Middle Eastren or North African one

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 60

• mexican, US, Japanese, and italian

0|2
    0|0
  • Ohhh... that is so, so, so hard. I love all the cuisines you've mentioned... and others you haven't mentioned (Greek, Spanish, Scandinavian, Swiss/Austrian/German, South American, French etc.). It's almost impossible to say which one I love most. I'm a foodie and I appreciate any type of food that is prepared with love :-). However, if I was forced to pick one, I'd probably still go with Italian. It's a very light and healthy cuisine that is very passionate at the same time. It's especially great during the warm season. For example there is nothing better to eat on a hot summer evening than a homemade Caprese salad (cherry tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, basil leaves, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh bread as a side). I also love the humble simplicity of Italy's cuisine (unfortunately, this simplicity was often lost when it was exported to other countries such as America). Italians understand perhaps better than anyone else that great food doesn't become better just because you add 5,000 ingredients. Sometimes, stuff can be very basic and yet amazing. The idea is to have just a few fresh ingredients and let these ingredients speak for themselves. That's why traditional trattorias in rural Italy sell very simplistic pizzas and oftentimes don't have a big choice on their menus (they specialize on a few items and bring those to perfection). There would be maybe 3 or 4 different pizzas and that's it. Each of them only has 3 or 4 toppings, for example tomatoes, cheese and olives.
    It's a very homely, unpretentious cuisine that doesn't try hard to brag. And it happens to be a cuisine I've grown up with, since it is an important part of Swiss culture.

1|1
    0|0
  • Pardon the interjection, but couldn't you have included Middle East and Indian together to save space?

And not to knock Americans but you could have excluded that since "American cuisine" is basically borrowed from all over the place.

But most important, where is the Latino cuisine? Tamales, empanadas, black beans, quinoa, guacamole anyone?

1|1
    0|1
  • I love Italian food! Although I pick U. S. when it comes to desserts, we have a sweeter pallet than a lot of other countries. I thought I liked Mexican food until I realized that the Mexican food I liked was South Western (like New Mexico) .

Let's just all agree pizza is best food

1|1
    0|0
  • Korean food is really good, as is a lot of Japanese/tai food. Chinese can be good but I'm not generally a big fan. Curry is delicious and I think I just generally like food no matter where it comes from... unless it's England. No offence to the Brits but you guys have some hypersensitive tastebuds and I need more spice/flavor in my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I would be a huge hypocrite to myself if I picked one cuisine over another because I fucking love them all. Anywhere from English, American, Filipino, Italian, French, Irish, Vietnamese, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Laotian, Samoan, Mexican, Peruvian, Caribbean, Japanese, Ethiopia... there's been too many varied styles, tastes, & even many similarities in some that I honestly could never pick just one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I honestly pretty much never eat Asian, Indian, Italian, French cuisine. I have never eaten some of the most stereotypical and most common Dutch food. My parents mainly prepare Moroccan and Middle Eastern food, so I'll go with those

1|1
    0|1
  • I'd say French food. Because we took the best out of our neighbors : Belgium, Germany and Italy ( not close to Spain thought).

by the way I really doubt American food exists by all means. It is more a collection of things invented in Europe.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a bit sad to see that Mexican food isn't on the list. You can probably guess what my answer is.

1|3
    0|0
  • East Asian. I used to hate raw fish... but now I have cravings for it lol.

Ramen, pho, all of it is just so good!

1|1
    0|0
  • It's hard to choose between some good salmon and a nice gyro, but since Asian food also includes the staple food that is rice, Asian has my vote.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I have to pick one then it's got to be East-Asian but I love a lot of different quisines. I love trying foods and dishes that I've never had before.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why is there no love for middle eastern food, I actually love middle eastern food and think it's perfectly balanced, I must be a odd one.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's close between Thai and (north) Indian, but I like Thai best.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love the simplicity and the complexity of tastes behind Asian dishes but love a lot of food. Thai is very very good. 🙏

0|1
    0|0
  • Where Mexican at? Out of these, it would be Korean BBQ.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like them all; good tasty food is good regardless of origin

1|1
    0|0
  • Hungarian as I'm from there and I prefer the cuisine of my own country over any other cuisine. :)

0|2
    0|0
  • Mostly US, UK, and Italian. It’s mostly about spiciness. I hate spices.

0|2
    0|0
  • Between chinese and italian leaning a little more towards chinese

0|1
    0|1
  • For taste middle Eastern.

But for pure simplicity of cooking and the best return on investment, Italian by a mile.

0|1
    0|0
  • an ecclectic mix of everything fresh, unprocessed, vegetarian and sugar free

0|1
    0|0
  • There's no Ghanaian or African related cuisines on here and they are the best.
    Waakye
    cooked yam and anything

0|1
    0|0
  • For me it's a toss-up between Indian and Italian. The picture of a Full English makes me feel sick...

Simples...

0|1
    0|0
  • Where the hell is Latin food?

I prefer My own Latin food as my favorite cuisine.

0|1
    0|0
  • African

0|0
    0|0
  • As a Scandinavian, I totally forgive you for the oversight. Our "cuisine" = yuck!

0|0
    0|0
  • I m an Indian. I love Indian food first

0|1
    0|0
  • I love to make Italian food

0|1
    0|0
  • Lean Cuisine

1|2
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys