Hello 13 Year-Old Self!

Dear Thirteen,

whats your thoughts filled with? How much wisdom do you think you will receive in two years? Are you invincible? What are your goals when you are 15?
i just wrote a list of things i wanted to tell you :)

Live life to the fullest!

So when you are 14, a teacher is going to tell you that time goes by fast. So you are going to start worrying about time. And yeah, its true, by a blink of the eye you are going to see some new faces and you are going to wonder what the fuck is time😂.

You are going to look through old photos and feel really sad cause that was the past. AND thats where i STOP U! I realized that as you grow older you may keep looking back and thinking: "everything was so much better back then."

But really everything wasn't better back then. When you were twelve you were struggling with the thought of having no friends and judging people. When you were thirteen you didn't see a true future. When you were fourteen you didn't understand what love was you still don't. Yes, life could have been more simple back then. Although, instead of looking at your struggles right now and comparing them to those back then why not appreciate what you learned at that age? Why not worry about time and instead... Do brave things you been wanting to do!

Hello 13 year old self!

Shatter that mirror (lol don't literally that's 7 years of bad luck😂)

You see that mirror? what do you see in it? do you see beauty from inside or do you see a fat handle?

When i was thirteen, i greatly struggled with a low self esteem (i still do today). I couldn't find a reason for why "people don't like me." I decided to point at my looks. It got me into a cycle only eating one meal a day and extensive exercise that not only made me lose my appetite for a while, but hurt my friends, family, and a short height😂

But as i grew older, this is what i learned:

honey, looks aren't everything in life!

look, right now it seems like everything, but i promise you its not. Its not the reason why people don't like you and someone will like you! Stop looking into why people don't like you, and instead do what you want to do! Pleasing people should not be on the top of that list.Take for example, would someone want to date a person with no path in life but to look pretty or would someone date someone date a person that they can relate with and spends her time on things she really enjoys? And trust me, the people who like you only because of your looks are not worth it! Lol right now! play piano! sing! dance! run! throw that volleyball! laugh with friends! Study for that test!

Hello 13 Year-Old Self!

Work!

You probably have heard this before but its so important: "Talent only takes you so far"

When i was thirteen, i thought i wasn't qualified for many things because i wasn't talented at it. But really, being good at something takes work!

it took me: practicing piano, running cross country, and studying for a test to learn this. You aren't a failure until you give up! If you want to do something, don't let that barrier of "oh i'm not good at it" stop you! And if you do it wrong the first time get back up and try again! it took Thomas Edison 1000 times to get the lightbulb to start working!
Hello 13 Year-Old Self!

and lastly ( i still struggle with this today) but LOVE YOURSELF! most of all i want to give you a hug!

812

Most Helpful Girl

• Dear 13 year-old self
    You are awesome! You have special talents. Don’t try to fit in. It won’t work. People will grow to love you, when you focus on growing into the person you are supposed to be. Surround yourself with kindhearted, creative, smart individuals. Focus on developing your mind, and your creative abilities. Also don’t worry and stress so much- try to relax. Always remember that good family and friends thrive off your kindness and laughter, and will always be there for you.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh.. that’s so sweet. Thanks for the MHG! 💐 it was a really good question!

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

• Dear Younger Self,

There's always a sanctimonious snowflake around these days. Also everything is a shit-show of hypocrisy. It looks good from the outside but when you're in, there's a crapload of mismanagement. Remember, fuck med school and the air force. Trust no one but JC, girlfriend, HS, and family. Ignore the bullshit and keep on rolling.

Very Respectfully,
    Your Older Self

• Dear 13 year old self... it's okay to be white.

• Well you only get to be a teen for 7 years if you make it to teens and live through the,. Might as well do your best.

• Dear 13 year-old me,

Commit suicide RIGHT NOW!!!

Yours,
    17 year-old me

• Really nice take 👍

• Interesting

• I was 13 once

• awww, cute.

• nice

• When 16 talks to 13 nothing good can come of it.

• lol why do u think that😂

• That’s true too, sometimes I think and I do it anyways, but my brain made more connections then it did when I was 13

• Of that we can both agree.

• Dear 1 minute old self: Your first pussy was your ma's vagina

• Dear 13-Year-Old-Me,
    Invest in Bitcoin as early as possible
    Sell before 2018
    Love,
    Your-31-year-old-self

What Girls Said 7

• Dear 13 year old self,

I'm not going to tell you it will all work out, because if I had to do it again I don't think I could. You need that fire, that hate, for now. Trust your instincts when you trust them, doubt when you doubt. You already know the truth, just don't let it rule you. Everything you do was the best option available. You will always be your past, but you will be more too.

• i was worried about time from age 6 onward. i thought i was an adult at 11. then i got sick and everything was fucked up. not much of a child hood and nothing to really size up before age 20.

• i didn't care about gossip or who likes me. mostly war , torture., poverty , human rights and if id walk again.

but i guess if i had been worried about things i didn't, they'd cause me just as much stress. worry is worry after all.

nice take :)

that picture is not supposed to be13 is it. she looks 6 :)

• lol yeah i couldnt find a 13 year old picture that didn't look like my age, thankyou! u can't walk :(? you are really wise!

• Wow this is great. The only thing I remember from when I was 13 was my first period and awkward time in the locker room. LOL

• Dear 13 year old me

You finally changed into what you thought you should be.

• Nice take

• Nice take😀

• dear 13 year old me,

god i bet you're embarrassing