What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

I've noticed that there have been a lot of posts lately about the problems that attractive girls and/or handsome guys face, so I felt the need to make one about ugly girl problems.

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

We live in a lookist society so unfortunately no matter how some people don't want to admit it, looks matter more than someone's personality (especially for girls). I think people are kind of like books. We judge them by their cover. No one will bother to read a book if it doesn’t catch their eye first. It may be a good read, it may be the kind of “book” people always say they want and are looking for, but if its cover doesn’t look interesting, it doesn’t look like i’d be a good read. But when the cover looks interesting, the chances of someone taking the time to read it, fall in love with it, and buy it increases.

When you're an ugly guy, you can find many ways to compensate for your lack of looks, such as humour, personality, intelligence, style, status etc. However, women have been traditionally known and expected to be the "fair" sex (as sexist as this may sound, I don't agree with it) so when you're an ugly girl none of these things actually matter. You are marginalized and overlooked by people. I could actually write a PhD on the subject but since there is a word limit, here are the most common (ugly girl) problems I could think of:

1. The loneliness

Ok anyone can feel lonely, it depends on your mentality, personality (if you're introverted, sociable etc.) but ugly girls have it worse for.. obvious reasons. We are naturally trained to avoid disgusting things because they may harm us-- poisonous berries in the forest, stagnant pools of water, etc. For some reason you believe that other people's physical attractiveness is somehow dangerous to you. Your attitude may just be your genes' way of protecting themselves against procreating with unevolutionarily fit candidates--in this case, what you have deemed "ugly". Another explanation could be that you are defensive against something ugly in yourself, and hating on those you think are "ugly" is your self's way of trying to distance it from that gross thing (without working on the ugliness in yourself). We have also been brainwashed by likely thousands of repetitions, every day of our life, by the media with images that promote a certain ideal of beauty that doesn't leave much room in terms of generic types for differences from this completely artificial and made-up norm.

In any case as an ugly girl, it feels like the world forgets about you. I only have a very close group of friends and family members that I can relax and tease and have fun but other than that, I'm invisible. It's not a case of "get out of your comfort zone", cause no one wants to be associated with an ugly person. Women don't see me as someone who will attract men to the group so I'm not invited along with their outings. Men never have an interest in dating me, and since I don't have any girlfriends around who they would want to bed/date , why hang around me?

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

2. No one sees you as a person or cares about you

No one cares about what you have to say even if your arguments are thoughtful and well articulated.. Even if you have to say the most interesting facts and stories to share with people. No one cares about your feelings, if you're gonna get hurt. At the end of the day you're just that ugly girl.. Not a person. I hate it when guys complain about girls being picky and not wanting them yet they take the absolute piss out of girls who are ugly. Or they don't reply to the unattractive girls when they try to speak to them. It's a rule. An ugly girl will be treated like rubbish by every single guy, regardless of their attractiveness or "status." If an ugly girl even asks for a pen from a guy he will get all creeped out and think she was hitting on him when she wasn't. It's all just down to male entitlement.

Even some of my closest male friends act this way and they're the nice type of guys.

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

3. Bullying

Although I haven't done a research in the subject, I guess I'm not the only unattractive person that has been bullied for her looks. Especially in elementary and sometimes middle&high school, kids are cruel. I don't know if it's worse in high school or elementary school. Sometimes even in your adult life, people will say hurtful things. Most of the time they are joking, just trying to have fun. You won’t find it funny when the whole room is laughing about how big your nose is. If you happen to get in a fight with anyone ever (which let’s face it, is bound to happen sometime) they will likely throw some nasty insults your way. Just shake it off. Again, you can’t help how you look.

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

4. The battle for your self-esteem

From the girl two rows back in class or the celebrities posting their pictures on Instagram, there is always someone we wish we could look like. You wonder if you would be happier, sadder, or more confident. But anything seems better than how you feel about yourself right now.Every time you see an extraordinarily beautiful woman it will hurt you. It’s a reminder of what you “should” look like, and of how different you are. It will make you feel out of place, sometimes worthless. Our society is so vain and appearance driven how could it not? I actively avoid reading magazines or looking at make-up ads for too long. Why torture yourself?

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

5. You put on makeup, brush your hair, put an outfit together every morning and yet no one will ever notice.

You could spend hours putting yourself together but it will always go unacknowledged. The girl next to in class has gotten three compliments in the first 20 minutes of the lecture wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

6. Whenever a hot person approached you, it was for only one reason.

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

7. On the rare occasion that someone calls you “pretty” you feel like they’re just saying it to be nice or maybe even lying.

Whether it's your grandma or your own friend when you're about to go out, you become suspicious of their intent. When they reassure you that you're not ugly, the next thought becomes, "So then I must be borderline ugly!" But you'll never be the person a random stranger (with no motive) tells "you're stunningly beautiful."

8. You're accused of being jealous of others.

If you ever happened to get into an argument with a pretty person and you say something slightly negative about their attitude or actions (not about their looks), you're accused of being a "jealous b**ch" even your arguments are well-articulated and everyone will take the other person's side. I people associate: ugly face-ugly/evil soul

beautiful face-clear/beautiful soul

What It Feels Like To Be An Ugly Girl

9. You aren't allowed to have standards in dating

And I'm not talking about physical standards because looks will fade eventually one day but I'm talking about standards that have to do with personality, intelligence, loyalty, kindness, education, style. You have to date anyone that comes your way even if they mistreat you, are cruel, careless, shallow or just incompatible with your lifestyle because people tell you, you should be thankful and greatful you even got that

10. The struggle is real.

The best way I’ve learned to deal with it is to do your best to just not care. Just don’t. Our society is broken, it’s falling apart, and it’s wrong. There is no reason to compare yourself to other people or to have a standard you feel like you have to live up to. Global warming, starvation, war. Those are the issues. Not who wore what, not who’s the prettiest, not what you look like. I know this. Some of you know this. The whole world needs to know it too.

Just live your life. Enjoy it. Take it slow. And don’t give a FUCK what people think

1622

Most Helpful Guys

• I agree that, sadly, looks do matter a bit more to guys than to girls. Girls care about the size of a guy's penis because that plays into sexual experience (if they care about the size of a guy's penis because they want to show it off... being superficial is probably one of their better personality traits. Girls care about the size of a guy because that plays into how they feel around the guy. In a sense, the physical traits women look for in men are tied to emotions and other factors.

But women aren't let off the hook entirely either. A lazy, humorless rat-faced shrew with the personality of a wet sponge is not entitled to a male model with a great personality. A lazy, humorless rat-faced shrew with the personality of a wet sponge is not entitled to a female model with a great personality.

You seem like a decent person. You deserve a decent person.

Science says that, if two people are friends and then start dating, there can be large disparities looks-wise. Little nugget of truth most people are not aware of.

Going back to my earlier point, to avoid attracting the wrath of men here, women can and do have physical requirements that have nothing to do with anything outside of being superficial and desiring a piece of arm candy. But I think that's less common. Whereas what men desire, butts for instance... a butt is nice to look at. That's it.

Then again, some women want a man with a perfectly flat stomach which has nothing to do with physical protection and often little to do with physical health. And women desire "V" lines which fall into the "useless aesthetics" camp.

I take it back. Both genders are way too focused on appearance. And the catalysts of this trend are often not so good looking themselves. Google "Abercrombie CEO" and you'll see what I mean. They know how to market and make people feel undesirable and they are shitty enough people to do exactly that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree with what you say that no one is entitled to anyone or anything but I think my post turned from what it "feels to be an ugly an girl" into what "it what it feels to be an average guy/average girl going after good-lookimg people" and that wasn't my initial point at all

• This is a really great thread. I think both of you guys made really good points. I'm kind of surprised that you had the experience that girls didn't want to be friends with you because you wouldn't attract guys to the group though. That doesn't make sense and not really a valid reason to not be friends with someone. I mean if the opposite is true that you were exceptionally attractive and attracting men to the group it wouldn't make sense that that would be a reason for them TO BE friends with you-/ those men would be coming over for you not your friend. Did your friends actually say that is why they wouldn't be friends with you? That just seems so silly to me.

• you should be ashamed of yourself.

Most Helpful Girls

• In a world that is obsessed with beauty and the media constantly pushing one image of man and woman to be the most attractive, there's no question why a lot of people don't feel good enough. I was there once before, growing up I wasn't popular or had a lot friends, I also didn't have a whole lot of guys chasing me either. And to this day, I still remember when an old crush of my called me hideous over the phone. I was absolutely devastated and it ruined my self-esteem completely back then. It's understandable, even I feel that way sometimes, however, we can't let those negative thoughts and the media get to us and dictate how we feel. It's one of the many reasons why depression and loneliness is so high today, cause we put so much pressure on ourselves and others to be perfect when the truth is nobody is perfect. What people need to remember is that, no matter what people say, we are beautiful and looking different, being different is a beautiful thing.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Also people have to remember, what one person doesn't find beautiful.. someone else will. I found someone who does love me and think I'm sexy/beautiful inside and out and I feel the same way about him. Once you find that right person for you, no matter what anybody says matters.

• Great and beautiful comment

• all women are beautiful you have no idea how hard i have to work to look as good as you girls

• To be honest half of these things relate to almost everybody whether they are attractive or not, a lot of people think they are ugly (even when they aren't). That's usually when you are younger and figuring yourself out, I have gone through that phase and come out with a better sense of myself. I don't know if I was always considered attractive, but I know I am now considered "societies version of attractive" I'm not that most attractive girl out there, but I can tell myself that I am attractive by most peoples standards. (and this isn't a post to brag or boast on how attractive I am, I am just stating a point).
    In all honesty sometimes I look at myself and I don't see myself as attractive, some days are worse then others. But I stopped putting myself down a while ago because there was no point to it I was just wasting my time.
    In my opinion there are girls and guys out there for everyone, there is a guy out there who will look at you and go "oh shit, she's everything I want in a girl" no matter how "ugly" you claim you are. Anybody can make themselves look presentable. Having a healthy weight and being physically fit is something most people like in others and keeping up personal hygeine. With those two traits, anybody in my opinion is a decent looking person who takes care of themselves. Now you can dress yourself up and look pretty whenever you want, thats what fashion and makeup are for. A lot of people put so much pressure on themselves when attractivness is something so ridiculous to base your worth on. You were born this way and sorry to break it to you but this is what you are going to look like for the rest of your life, so you might as well work with it and accept yourself. I wish you the best.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I was almost certain there is gonna be a "no girl is ugly, makeup, dress up and be fit answer". Nah darling we aren't talking about slightly below average or overweight or average girls. We are talking about actual ugly/genetically ugly girls or girls who have some kind of deformity. And thanks for letting me know but I know this how I'm gonna be for the rest of my life and I have no problem. Maybe one day I'll have the money for plastic surgery

Next time think again before you start making assumptions about people

• Okay this is already long enough, but if you want to talk about how I gained self esteem and respect from absolutely nothing after years of feeling sorry for myself, I would be happy to help out and give some perspective. I'm not professional or special case, there are many people just like me, but I understand how you're feeling believe it or not. Sorry i wrote so much haha, anyways take care!

• I agree with what you said Heyyy. And Indila I would suggest that you watch a video by Lizzie Velasquez. She has a quite noticeable physical deformity, but still has a shining and quite beautiful soul/personality. That doesn't mean that she will get a guy necessarily, but as her example shows it is never helpful to you or others to classify yourself as "ugly." Negative self talk has a way of making the soul and the personality gloomier, lonely, and less likely to attract love of any sort-- like the friends that you mentioned struggling with. Lizzie may not be a stereotypical beauty but she refuses to conceptualize herself as ugly and thus radiates a positive self love that has attracted friends to her. You should be able to love yourself even if you can't find an SO. In fact a well kept secret is that single women are actually often happier than married ones! So you may not be missing as much as you think you are.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 20

• When the superficial gets ya down, and mundane life is muddy brown, IT'S TIME TO HOP ON THE TRUTH TRAIN AND HEAD TO PURPOSE TOWN OH YEAH LETS GO

out of those 3 things you mentioned only one is really an issue, and that's war. If I choose not to move from my chair and eventually people stop feeding me, that's starvation, is that an issue? I know you are talking about en masse, like in africa, but is it not the fault of the terrible warlords in that area that the people live such shitty lives? What produces more emissions than anything? War. None of these things are root causes though

We need to tackle the real root problems of this world, and the biggest one I can see is that people obey 'authority'. Without this, there could be no war.

Also global warming isn't even an issue, the earth can more than handle all the co2 we can emit, the only reason people think otherwise is because so called 'authorities' on the subject tell them otherwise. Well guess what, science is funded by people with political motive and is not at all objective in the modern age. What political reason could there be to fund global warming propaganda? Well just ask yourself, how can somebody take money from somebody who believes in global warming?

Hmm, let me think... CARBON TAX?

• No it's not entirely the fault of terrible warlords for the lives people live in Africa. The civilized first world has been manipulating for years its natural resources. For every I-phone you have a kid in Africa is dying from starvation

Do you know that the sea level is rising at an accelerating rate largely in response to global warming, as the permafrost and ice melt? Do you also know that the average global temperature has increased by about 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit according to researches? If that's not a problem, then what is? Who's prettier/uglier and who's dating who? 😂

• I agree with your last sentence however, global warming is a problem too

• forget about global warming, it's not a root causal factor. You can't fix a broken heart by applying ointment. Don't treat the symptom, treat the cause. We would be so far beyond our current energy paradigm if not for the fact that the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE IS ENSLAVED and global warming propaganda is part of that slavery. I know it sounds insane but seriously, there is a massive organized effort to suppress certain opinions and prop other ones up for political reasons in the science community

• If you just love yourself regardless, you shouldn't have any problems being alone and you get confidence. You won't care about what shallow people say and nothing's more attractive than self love. But on the bright side, if you found love, it's true love. They're not after your face.

• What struggles you say there is what men goes through except for that make up thingy you said.

• Thank you for your comment and I agree with you

• That’s what many guys experience but it’s a little bit worse for guys because even if guys have a nice personality or a sense of humor they’ll still be considered “creepy”.

• Average guys going after other average or pretty girls? How's that equivalent to what someone ugly experiences?
      Once again this a thread about ugly people's experiences

• Unattractive women can still be considered pretty and aren’t considered “creepy”. The last woman I crushed on was considered “ugly” by many but I thought she looks pretty. Beauty is a matter of perspective.

By the way, average guys (most guys are average) are considered ugly. It’s only a select few of men who are considered “attractive” A average guy still has to put in a effort (have a nice personality, be financially stable) to impress a a woman and even then there’s a chance it won’t be enough to impress her. The physical appearance of a man isn’t as important to many women.

• Okay i agree with you. Many women are entitled and narcissistic and extremely picky and have unrealistic standards as is the case with many guys. I think you are talking about girls who are below average tho. Or overweight. I'm talking about genetic ugliness or deformity not subjective ugliness

• Would you be willing to send a picture of yourself to me? I want to see what you consider ugly... To me, a difference in the "cookie cutter" look is more attractive. Perfection is unattainable. It's much more interesting when someone is physically imperfect, but their personality or sensuality has a connection and is attractive. That's the majority I find. Or, the ones that are closer to "perfect" (whatever that may be, if it even exists) tend to depend on that fact of themselves. Then later on when they start to loose it from age or injury or what have you, they struggle to keep it and it looks terrible usually or obviously fake. Physical beauty, yes, will get you far most of your life. But sometimes I don't trust physical beauty or the pursuit of "perfection". At the end of the day, it's a shell that people hide behind and sometimes you never know the real person inside because of that shell. That shell is very important, good looking or ugly really. It tells a perceived story to the observer. It's the inner personality that tells the truth however. So ugly, really is just whatever the beholder deems the truth, than the inner shows the beauty inside usually.

• That's rough. I am of the opinion, though, that it's almost impossible to be ugly, i. e., unattractive at your age, but I get it that you mean in relative terms.

It's definitely true that a lot of girls and young women get overlooked because they don't meet some abstract ideal when it comes to looks, and that is really unfair.

• Dang... I know this is all too true. I've had plenty of friends refuse to accept a compliment if/when I called them pretty because they refuse to believe it at this point. Maybe I just have weird beauty standards but a lot of the girls I find pretty are the girls everyone else thinks are "meh" or "ugly." People are dumb and they suck =/

• I do believe you are associating with bland, morally contemptuous people. Your definitely right about being in competition with others girls, for the affection of some guys in a room, I also believe that you have to make an effort to have some character and present yourself in an attractive way, I don't know where you socialise, but unless you spend all your leisure time with super models I don't know how you could be that badly disadvantaged.

• I don't socialse with models or compete for the attention of anyone. I'm out of competition by definition, I would be in the bottom 1% lookswise, the opposite of a supermodels 😂 . My friends and acquaintances are actually quality people amd we have a great time together but thanks for your comment

• Eh.. I'm pretty fucked aesthetically myself, And, To be honest, I agree with all of this. I think all this applies to both men and women who are ugly. Kinda shitty really.

• It does apply to both but not equally men have it worse.

• @TheUglyMan I agree. Even if an ugly gal say.. I don't know.. made a fuckin tinder account or something, Within about a week shed still have like 50-100 guys wanting to be with her, Whereas if an ugly dude did it, Maybe 1 or 2 a month at max, Lmao.

Its a shit old world.

• Plenty of "ugly" women were hot as fuck to me, notably fat women.

Just look for guys who have different tastes hun.

• I was always the ugliest one in school, now? i am hot af!!!

• Pretty much what most dudes go through I empathize. However online dating will still get you a man asap. Being an ugly man is still harder than being an ugly women.

• Women deny that is true. The ugliest/fattest woman rejects more men in a week than the number of women who'd even talk to us in a year.

• @JustWorthlessMe the truth hurts I'm not saying it ain't hard being an ugly chick but ugly dudes have it the worst.

• Ugly girls know what it feels like to be a man.

• being an ugly girl feel like good i guess
    you are a pure liar

• You probably feel uglier than you should.
    Feeling ugly makes you shy and shyness handicaps you.

• It’s a good take.

• Except for makeup, all of these apply to me too.

• yes it sucks

• don't listen to really attractive people they are stupid on purpose
    trust me on that

• That sounds tortuous... I didn't know that ugly girls went through all of that. Ugly guys have it so easy!

• Right?
      Why is it always about women anyway? Couldnt this thread have been about ugly people? Was gender really the issue here, or is it about people?
      Oh, wait! Silly me, men aren't human! Only feminists are humans..

• What rubbish women have it way easier

• I know what it feels like :(

What Girls Said 14

• I don´t know if I am ugly. My family says I am pretty/beautiful but I don't know if I can trust them.
    The only compliment I get from my friends is cute. I got some attention from guys when I was younger but nothing for the last 4 years (I am 20).
    Therefore I start doubting my looks and it almost feels worse than not knowing, cause I can't do anything about it.

• Same here. My family says I'm pretty but I don't believe them. What else would they say? My friends sometimes say I'm cute but I've never been asked out by guys... of course I'm not a very extroverted person but certainly looks are important. I've seen average and pretty shy girls being asked out, therefore I must be a monster

• @indila999 I feel you. When I look in the mirror I think I look just as pretty as my friends, and when I try to convince myself of that the questions "the is it my personality that is ugly?" and "then why don't any of the guys want me?"

• Beauty is a perception.

Some people may find a girl really ugly, that's their perception whereas someone else may find her beautiful.

There is no such thing as being an 'ugly girl'.

• Yes there are. It has to do with your genes. I doubt anyone will find a girl with a crooked nose, deformity etc. beautiful

• Ugly Girl Problem #11
      Pretty princesses like this opinion poster preach to us ugly girls 'everyone is beautiful ' just because they are. Girls like her don't know how lucky they have it. She'll find her Peter Parker easily, whereas us ugly girls would probably meet Peter Parker and get web slinged in the face so he doesn't have to look at us.

• @Catfight4444 Hahaha so true 🤣
      I really hate this "there is someone out there for everyone" comments.
      If this was an individual comment, I'd give it MHO

• "I felt the need to make one about ugly girl problems" why? To spread more negativity? Why can't people be grateful for what they have instead of complaining about what they don't have? Attractiveness won't get to anything if you do nothing in life.

And isn't it a good thing that you don't have to be with shallow men? When you'll get married, your man will love for more than your looks and the ones who are really your friend, are your REAL friends. You know when you're successful that it's all your own hard work and you did not pull out any cheap strategy.

Stop blaming your genes because you can do nothing about it, it's silly to fret about something you can't control. Everyone isn't blessed with everything in life and it's OK. You sound like a good person, and I agree with the last part, love your spirit don't let society let you down, they didn't create you.

• Ugly Girl Problem #11
      Pretty princesses like this opinion poster preach to us ugly girls 'everyone is beautiful ' just because they are. "quote by Catfish 4444" 😂😂
      I know I can't do much hun, this post reflects a personal experience. Not all people can relate to it. Pretty people like you probably can't, it's understandable.

• I'm sorry about this, I didn't know. That's horrible. Haven't you talked to your parents about this or the headmaster? Maybe you could have changed class or school

I know that personality is important but unfortunately in the world we live giving such emphasis on beauty, we can't really do anything to change that..

• My parents made things even worse cause they totally sucked at giving advices regarding bullying. I had to change my school afterwards and even there I got bullied in the first year. It decreased afterwards mainly cause we all grew up by then lol.

We can't control what people do but we can control how they affect us.

• You would say I'm being cheesy or just flattering but I never find a girl who is ugly, average at worst. Maybe the bullying made you beleive that you are worst than you actually are.

And at worst with just some sport and care, you can make heaps of progression looks wise.

• yes with a lot of plastic surgery.. I don't even know if plastic surgery can fix my problems. why do I have to get this kind of comments? the "I doubt you're as ugly as you think" ones

• @indila999 Lizzie Velasquez has at least two illnesses.

• Actually, i honestly did not find her unattractive, there was something pleasing about her aspect.

• YES but nowadays it’s all about powdering yourself in makeup. Nobody knows what behind that powder x

• We are all beautiful, because we're all made of light. I'm sure there is someone out there who would be breathless from your presence.

• I can't believe it, why can't people start loving themselves!
    It's been high time now!

• Nice take

• I can relate so much unfortunately :(

• Much love for you <3 I relate... Totally...

I am an ugly duckling of my family. With highly attractive brother. My mom probably attracts more men than me, in my prime.

They always call me "clever, witty, smart" but I am rarely called "beautiful". I love my brother but he has never ever told for me I looked pretty.
    My parents always pushed me forward because they said I wasn't good looking enough to live on its expense.

The other day, I complained with my dad about how I feel like I am ugly and he said "You are not an angel but you are YOU and there are people uglier and prettier than you, just love yourself the way you are".
    However he almost never told me compliments on my looks, while complimenting my brother and being proud of his looks, he was proud of my mind and ambitions. No surprise. He married my mo for a reason, she had some silly personality and he still married her because she rocks and is really beautiful.
    I've never felt like I was my dad's princess. Never. I grew up feeling more like I was a boy.

• I was always overshadowed by the beauty of my half-sisters. They were the most popular girls in town and there was I, by their side, almost no one talked about me. I felt invisible. But at that time I was ignorant. I thought I was pretty... Mainly remains of my confidence that I had before breaking my nose. I survived bullying and heartbreaking thanks to that naive confidence that I was pretty. But grew up and realized that all pictures can't just be bad angles, or bad light. That the person I see in mirror doesn't look that good in photos and I started noticing and seeing myself the way other people see me. And well... She's not pretty. She has crooked nose and uglyish smile. And It's hard to realize it. I wish I could stay in that blissful ignorance.

The other day... I was at the party and wore that revealing sexy dress. Having a hot body, gained attention of some guys and eventually danced with that very very handsome guy. Then We sat together on the couch and flirted...

• I am sorry... I feel same sometimes... But I am a hopeless dreamer. Maybe that’s bad but I want to believe that one day when I make a nose job, tables will turn and I will find someone to love me.

I also get hirt when they say fat people are ugly. Fat people are mostly lazy but most have pretty faces. They can lose weight and look good. What can I do about my face though?

Sometimes I just think to myself “why, god, why... why’d you let all this happen to me...” But I already stopped believing god. I’ve experiences so many bad things if god was there he’d do something. Either he doesn’t exist or is an evil sadist.

• Ohh anyways.. about that party guy... He asked me to dance with him that day and I agreed only in case if he would go to my female friend (who feels very insecure about her appearance and rarely gets male attention) and tell her “You are so beautiful tonight, miss” and kiss her on the hand. He did it. At least I feel good for making her evening better.

• I've excepted the only one who loves me is me

• Could you describe what makes you feel ugly?
    Also could you state a few of your strengths?
    I have seen some terribly ugly girls have great lives that pretty girls have never been able to get their hands on. I'm not saying everyone can be like that. But what I noticed is that confidence and loving and caring for yourself makes the ugliest human look desirable.
    One of the other tricks is that people don't REALLY care how beautiful YOU look, but they care how much you make THEM feel beautiful and good about themselves. It's a brain glitch.
    Looking neat and well manicured is actually today's definition of beautiful. Add confidence to it and you will look great. Add self-beauty to it, and they will adore you. Make them see themselves as beautiful and they will go crazy about you.
    And bless makeup and plastic surgery.

• The other day I went outside FEELING beautiful and good about myself for some unkown reason. I was wearing the same ordinary usual dress, but I got at least 5 compliments on it because of how I felt when I was wearing it. It happened once with a very simple looking stretchy bracelet. People were actually jealous of it.

• Try this, look closely at all famous celebrities and notice the ugly things about them. You'll soon be wondering how they even became celebrities.
      I also love this line from one of the celebrities who was called fat, and she was extremely overweight. But she answered them: when I'm flying home to my castle in my luxury private plane, I'll remember to cry because someone called me fat.

• Yea if she does have a private plane and castle why would she care about what haters say?

I agree with your comment that personality is more important, however i feel that once again people are confusing overweight/average/slightly below average girls that feel bad about themselves with actually ugly people. Actual ugliness has to do with genetics and is not easily fixed..

Having said that I'm fortunate to have a close group of friends that care about me amd we have fun together. They're my own private castle in a sense

• The struggle is real

• i relate to this soo much. life is hard being ugly , its always been.