Dogs are overrated in 'most' cases : Waste of time and money!

Anonymous

Why are people so obsessed with selfish animals? Be it expensive retrievers?

'Unconditional love' from dogs is a very misleading concept, only fools believe.

You give it food, shelter, toys, entertainment, time and energy so obviously it will give you some attention in return. That's it!

I'm writing this from my personal experience and several real life observations.

No matter how much you care, pamper or feed them it doesn't matter because 70% dogs by nature are selfish!

Dogs are overrated in most cases : Waste of time and money!
  • Dogs weren't meant to add extra burden and bills to our lives, they were bred to give companionship, love and obedience.
  • Ironically, humans are working like dogs to waste their time and money on a dog who shows you his butt once he get his agendas and belly full!

Only emotional, loving and loyal animals deserve our heavy dollars, time, home and food.

Just because it's an animal, doesn't mean you should love it unconditionally at the cost of your own wellbeing!

I judge animals by their nature. I have zero tolerance for solely selfish species!

• I know there are a few great dogs who reciprocate your love, give you company and follow you.
  • It's okay if he's not smart or unable to do tricks, but he should love his humans.
  • Getting a dog is like playing at casino.
    You put so much money and energy, 80% chances are to get a draining and useless type and 20% chances are you actually SCORE A TRUE BEST FRIEND.

I won't FAKE praise!
My dog is very selfish, indifferent, only wants affections at his own terms, will ignore us.
We pamper him, play with him, never caged or abused him, took care of him, still he behaves like a SELFISH HUMAN.

What's the point of getting a dog if he's just like a selfish and manipulative person?

It's like having animal version of gold digger. It only follows and licks you when it's hungry!! Rest of the time, you're just invisible.

• There has to be something special like love, affection, companionship and loyalty.
  • That's why we invest so much on dogs! Otherwise it's burning your money on fire.

It's unfair that we give 95% and only get 5% in return. There has to be a balance.

• Don't get a dog if you : Live alone! You will have to give up your freedom, energy and life to raise him properly.
  • All this grinding just for the sake of some attention from a pet?
    If you want love, companionship or friendship then have a hobby, make new friends, do your favorite things and love yourself!

Getting a dog for these reason is utterly disappointing and futile.

It will only add more burden physically, mentally and financially.

No need to make your life a mess just to get that 5% in return. Period.

Also, real love can't be bought!

In case you doubt my personal observations, here is the new research.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/699125/Forget-mans-best-friend-new-study-says-dogs-actually-selfish-creatures

Your dog may be manipulating you to get what it wants!! They figure out it quickly!
https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/dogs-deception-1.4019103

I used to be a dog lover, but not anymore after spending plenty of time with them.

12
5
5Girl Opinion
12Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• St37xy11
    I agree on some things. I had a dog for over ten years and he died 3 years ago. When we had him I was natural around other people's dogs, I loved him, I always thought of him and he brought joy to my life. After not having a dog for 3 years it's so nice not to have hair on everything. I was used to that dog smell back then but now I am repulsed by it. When I'm over my friends house, I can smell their dogs as soon as I walk in the house. I can't stomach how nasty and dirty dogs are, especially their eye chunkies And drool 😨 I feel unnatural around dogs. I don't want their dirt on me or their hair or even their dog scent. I sometimes feel uncomfortable around dogs and feel uncertain too. Like my friend owns s German Shepard and I am afraid of him. Sometimes he growls and I jump away. Before I wouldn't have felt scared but I would leave the dog alone nevertheless. I find dogs annoying now. Yeah their cute and bring emotional support and help you live longer but the responsibility to take care of them isn't worth it to me. Ssy goodbye to trying to keep your couches nice, they will always be stained and dirtu/covered in hair. You can't freely go on vacation when you have a dog and it's like having a baby that never grows up. But after listing all these cons I still love dogs and I am probably going to adopt one in the future and come back to not being bothered by all these things.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Babygirl_S
    I think cats are the selfish ones. All the dogs I have owned have been really loyal and not selfish at all.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• Twalli
    This is why my dog loves me
    1) I walk her twice a day. Fortunately I live half a mile from a park so it's easy to walk her two miles each time. This isn't exercise for her, but it's exposure
    2) I feed her. I don't buy the actual food, but I am the one that puts it in her bowl and puts the bowl on the floor.
    3) I let her sleep in my room, sometimes even my bed
    4) I occasionally play with her and pet her

My dog also loves attention so as long as she's given attention she'll act affectionate. Virtually everyone she meets will pet her so she likes meeting new people.

I know that my dog loves me because she'll eat anything I give her. She won't necessarily if my dad or mom tries to give her something. She hates her arthritis medicine. She won't eat it if my dad or mom tries to give it to her like a treat. She will if I do.
    Is this still revelant?
  • Quigly
    Dogs aren't the problem. The problem is people that take dogs and cats into their home only to abandon the animal by tying them to a tree and neglecting them for the rest of their life. Neglect and abuse are the same thing. The Soviet Union during the Cold War was right about America. They stated that American economy and corporations were all about abandoning the people. It's true, it has become a culture of abandonment in America. Wake up!

You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat an animal.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

310
  • jshm2
    Yeah dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Dogs are just junk food for Koreans. Their skins are good purses in China though.
  • Nik1hil
    Say what you will..
    But today girls are having sex will dogs more than it ever happened in human history...

Dogs getting more human pussies than some guys.. 😂🤣😂
  • IAMNathanael
    Now that's a hot-take if I've ever seen one. My experience with dogs says otherwise. That actually sounds more accurate for cats.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • t-8900
    If my deceased baby girl wasn't in my life at a critical point I wouldn't even be here right now. I'd say she was the best "investment" in my life.
  • Wester1967
    I don't date women with dogs. https://www.youtube.com/embed/yd12nT9qY8I
    • Anonymous

Ohh and why?

• zagor
    Since you are going to be romantically incompatible with 80% of humans, why bother dating?
    Like 3 People
    • zagor

The dogs I've known, more like 80% are good, 20% a waste of Alpo.

• Biancam13
    What? This is the most disagreeable take I’ve ever read. Animals are, in general, more loving than us humans are.
    Like 1 Person
  • J2ohhhhh
    You're awesome!😂 Never met anyone being disappointed with animals.
    Disagree 1 Person
  • msc545
    You are an excellent example of someone who should NEVER have a pet or a child.
    • Anonymous

I don't even want one.

• msc545

Thank god.

• SnakeBoop
    XD XD alright then.
  • es20490446e
    Sorry, I don't feel this is the case ;)
  • Alessia1993
    Cats are mean I seen feral cats fighting.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
  • BillyBalls
    Hot Dog, some one has issues!!!
    • Anonymous

You didn't read the mytake entirely. I said I'm ready to love sincere pets. I'll give them everything but I don't tolerate the ones who have selfish and manipulative traits.