Why do I feel emotionless after a heartbreaking split with my girlfriend?(please read the whole description)?

Hey G@Gers, I'm a 21 year old College student and I've recently broke up with my girlfriend who I've dated for over 1 year. I loved her with all my heart and she was everything to me. Before our official break up, she told me she does not love me anymore and she still have feelings for her ex BF. When she told me that, my heart stopped and I cried my eyes out. I just couldn't imagine my life without her and seeing her with someone else.When we actually broke up, she told me she didn't want to have a future with me and I shouldn't wait for her.If I was a bad person, or if I cheated on her, or if I disrespected her, I can say "Forgive me." But this was totally different. Not wanting a future with me is just... game over. There's really nothing I can do or say about that. So I had to let go of her and I felt like I was alone.How weird... after 3-4 days, I feel emotionless. I feel no pain at all. I'm not happy or sad. Is this normal? I heard many people say that it will hurt for weeks or even months. But it was only been 3-4 days... Why do I not miss her? I try to keep myself busy to not think about her, but I should still feel sad whenever I think of her once in a while.. But I feel so emotionless.. Can anyone tell me why this is happening to me? Is this Normal? Or is it just me?

164

Most Helpful Girl

• I've bored you with talks about 'him' so many times that we both have lost count :P
    Trust me, its pretty normal to feel the way you feel. Its been 9 months since my breakup and I havn't gotten back my feelings and emotions yet. I smile, I laugh but everything still feels so empty? I keep on looking at his pics, I think about those moments we had, those promises, and everything just stabs me like a million knives together and I experience the only real feeling that I really have-lot of pain.
    You feel nothing because, all your emotional energy is spent on dealing with the pain of breakup. Its just like

• Hey c'mon you haven't bored me :)
      Thanks for your opinion tho.

• Thanks for the MH, Devansh :)