Become an Editor for GirlsAskGuys!

What Are Editors?

If you've noticed certain GAG users have an orange badge next to their username that says "Editor" on it, these are GirlsAskGuys Editors. Editors are GAG users who have been selected by the admins because of their number of "Featured" myTakes.

As a GAG user, you have the opportunity to be promoted to Editor status by the admin staff. Editors are active site users that consistently write informative, interesting, or helpful myTakes that are promoted and featured on the site. For information about how to write a Featured myTake, click here.

What Are The Benefits Of Becoming An Editor?

Editor myTakes are automatically promoted on GAG. Without having to wait for a moderator to promote a myTake, Editor myTakes will gain more exposure and engagement on the site faster.

Other Editor benefits include:

- The orange β€œEditor” label will be listed next to your username

- An automatic 25 Xper points for each myTake posted

- The ability to link your social media accounts to your profile to show up as links under each of your myTakes

- Editor opinions appear at the top of all other opinions when you leave a response on a myTake

- The opportunity to be chosen as Editor of the Month, which includes a featured myTake highlighting your top three posts, a short bio, and a $25 Amazon gift card

- Editors have the ability to go back and edit within 48 hours of posting their myTakes.

- Status on GAG, which will highlight the importance of your opinions, questions, and myTakes

** Though all of your myTakes are automatically promoted, our Chief Editor has the right to remove the promotion of the myTake if it violates GAG rules. If this happens multiple times, your Editor status may be revoked.

How Often Do Editors Need To Post myTakes?

Though it is not a requirement, we hope you will post at least one to two times per week on GAG. We encourage you to share your myTake on other social media platforms to gain more visibility and Xper points!

How To Become An Editor:

If you are interested in becoming a GAG Editor, you can get noticed by consistently writing myTakes! Writing myTakes on a variety of topics and using the tools provided (such as Headers, bolding titles, and using quality images) will improve your chances of being invited to become an Editor. :)

2330
gagTake is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wrote myTakes and became an editor. Without understanding what was going on. I wrote a couple more myTakes, again on subjects I care about and felt needed discussing. And i was given the title Editor. Then I went through a period of not having anything particular on my mind. During that time I read many myTakes from people who seemed to not know what they were talking about or were just talking to be talking. Then I received notice from G@G that I needed to write 2 a month or give up the title Editor. I wrote back and told them that I was not going to write things just to keep a title and told them to take it back. I will probably write more soon, but they will be about things I am really feeling an interest in.

Meanwhile, I continue to see so many myTakes that really are not saying anything of value mixed in with the really good one. There are several Editors that have rund out of things to say, but they are still talking. To me, that is lowering the quality of the myTakes.

• I agree with you. Posting low quality material to keep the editor's badge isn't worth it

• 100% agree, a good mytake can take a while to write and needs some insperation. I think they should make it 1 posted mytake per 2 months.

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy writing mytakes and being an editor.
    However, I feel mytakes that lack quality get promoted right along with those that are well written.
    Since poor mytakes fit in the criteria for promotion... this means eventually these people will also become a editors.
    The editor status will eventually lose its meaning I feel.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• what's the starting salary?

• I could definitely become an editor if I had more to write about for Takes. Why can't you look at our comments and decide?

• "50 xper points will be earned for every promoted myTake and 150 xper points will be earned for each featured myTake! This means Editors can earn up to 200 xper points for each myTake they write and submit." that's why they keep posting myTakes that does not really say anything and makes no sense. For the xper points. Well, this clears things up.

• I have edited all my life and I'll be glad to help out.

• Unfortunately, it doesn't mean you can edit the text in your mytakes or anyone else's once it's been submitted. As this particular take states, it just means that your takes get promoted instantly once you achieve the Editor title. They still get reviewed by admins for quality control (making sure it's not breaking the site rules), but they get promoted because that Editor now has a history of writing quality material.

• You again? LOL How was your weekend. Reply in messaging. I did misread it but I publish pretty frequently and have had some promoted.

• Oh I didn't even know you had replied here until just now. Sorry.

• All of 'myTakes' have been promoted. I have 5 myTakes in coming. I don't know if I'll become one or not but if I did, I'll give it back. There's no point in becoming editor. Your myTakes will automatically be promoted rather than waiting for a day or two. That's all?

There was a time when I used to think that these Guru, mod and editor badges are cool.

• Oddly enough, I kind of agree. I enjoy being an editor and an Uber mod but it seems like these things are being rewarded to people so easily any more. I see some mods that are moving up so quickly in the ranks and it kind of pisses me off because I had to work to become an Uber. Same with being an editor. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Sorry for ranting on your opinion.

• @charismatic110 that's not true it's not easy to move up the ranks at all.

• @iamyourneighbor compared to how long it took older mods to move up, in my opinion it seems like it is. But you may be observing things differently. Which is fine.

• Good post.

• This is stupid. Why would I want to do this if I'm not getting paid?

• I would nominate @Ozanne

She seems to be doing well, in my opinion..

• Lol no thanks.

• Thanks I recently became Editor and this clears a lot of things up

• It'd be nice to be an Editor, but I'd personally have to have the inspiration for two myTakes a month, which I don't! Shame :p

Good to know official information about this, it'll be helpful!

• I would love to be one!

• Hope I get this. I enjoy writing MyTakes.

• I think every single take I've ever written has been promoted and featured. Am I editor material?

• so proud to be one ;-)

• I am the best option for being an editor here.

• Your apparent acute understanding of Human Nature is no doubt the source of your confidence to assert that claim?
      I'm sure a careful and exhaustive deliberation was invested in your choice of perhaps the singularly most vital representation of the persona you wish to project,... your GAG identity.
      And... arguably, an interesting choice of identity, indeed!
      The qualifications you so effectively present to add validity to your solicitation for office, reflect that confidence you've derived from your diligent scrutiny and thorough awareness of the Human Nature.
      However, the wisdom to distinguish a vital relationship is the final and most substantial gauge of ones abilities to wield the profound responsibilities of a GAG editor.
      Recognizing the correlation between your assumed persona and the convincing argument you present as your rallying platform, is indicative of the true character of a candidate. Well done.

• @1derweye You sir know how to keep my amused.

• @1derweye πŸ–’ You have a way with words.

• Every my take I try to write doesn't work cuz apparently there's content GAG doesn't like :(

• Looking forward to that status hugz n smiles still polishing my skills a bit rusty.. lol πŸ€πŸΆπŸ€

• Can't do it. I wish there was an easier way.πŸ’― for posting

• I'm definitely interested in becoming an editor.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 22

• That's my name. And my take.

My life is now complete. I have been recognized.

I actually didn't know the two takes per month was a thing so I am now glad that I write spontaneously and relatively frequently.

• Does editor status *actually* get taken away for publishing questionable content, or is it just an idle threat?

• i'd love to become an editor eventually~ i'm usually super busy with school but, now that my leg is broken and i don't go back until September, i'll have more time to write awesome takes :)

• I really liked receiving the editor status. It felt like a reward for all the myTakes I had written for the site. :) Reward users and you get more in return I say!

• When applying to become an editor, how long does it usually take until you hear back from them? Will we be told if we are denied?

• I was one. Then because I couldn't be bothered writing takes anymore (I was busy moving out from Europe and starting a New life in asia, btw), they took it away from me. Pffft like I care. My new future and my new friends awaits me.

• I think they should change the name from "editor" to "contributor," it fits better the role. Because an editor is someone who reviews and corrects writing and spelling mistakes...

• Informative take. I will certainly give it a shot. =)

• Id really like to be one 😊

• Good to know

• I've signed up to become a editor like a million times, and I've posted a lot of mytakes... how come I'm not a editor yet? I'm so done lol.

• I think being an Editor is one of the coolest badge/job on here. I used to never read myTakes but now I think they're one of the most interesting things!

• Awesome. I'll try to aim for this. All my myTakes have been featured so far but I've only done three. I'm working on two more.

• I'm already one, :)

• I didn't know about the requirements :o

• My dream on G@G Becoming Master, Getting G@G Shirt and becoming an Editor! <3

• Well thanks for the info.

• I want to be an editor :) ill have to remember to keep writing mytakes then to get noticed by GAG :P

• this sounds pretty cool.

• can you put this on your resume? haha. "edited for a website that helped the genders get to know one another better" lmao

• More from Girls
    2