myReview

A Review of GirlsAskGuys

Anonymous
A Review of GirlsAskGuys

What is it?

GaG, or GirlsAskGuys is a website designed so that people who have questions can get answers and vice versa from others just like them. Almost anything can be asked, questioned, debated, or an opinion shared on a topic with others. There is also an option to write a MyTake, whereby you are able to share your opinion or go deeper into your questioning of something with more explanation or like this, share a review of something you have used and would like to inform others about.

Pros:

A Review of GirlsAskGuys

You can ask pretty much anything which is especially important to those that feel like in their real lives they have no one to talk to or ask questions to.

Sometimes you will get a different point of view on something that you didn't even think of, or reassurance that you aren't crazy, or wrong, or that you had a point about something.

It's free

There are monthly contests and a points system where you can either win gift cards, donate to charity, or collect other prizes.

You can remain anonymous if you'd like to.

You can block those members who are providing a negative experience for you and the site is monitored in attempt to cut down on this.

You get to read a lot of interesting perspectives on a wide range of subjects from people around the world.

You get to express yourself and reach a larger audience than perhaps you would have otherwise on a range of topics.

You can connect with other members on a more personal level and build an online friendship or simply follow what they are writing, asking, and saying to keep up with that which you have connected with.

Cons:

A Review of GirlsAskGuys

Internet trolls

Trolls who over-sexualize every single response to every single question no matter the category.

Members who are here to collect points alone, rather then leave any useful feedback.

Members who drop GaG or GaG drops them, and they sign up again and start complaining/harassing others all over again.

Members who verbally attack/insult other members for simply having an opinion which they asked for.

Members who abuse their Anon status to harass others.

If one has a more in-depth response to an opinion, they are sometimes limited by the word count in the response box which results in a lot of responses being 2+ response boxes long.

Some people find not getting follow up responses to questions or opinions left for others frustrating.

GaG battles that result from one individual refusing to recognize fact even if proof is provided to the point of ridiculousness.

Summary:

GirlsAskGuys is a microcosm of the world we live in. It has it's good and it's bad, and on GaG, the two are served in concentrated forms. If you want to participate and use the Pros of this site in my opinion, to your advantage, you can find a lot of enjoyment, some good conversations, and maybe even some friends out of it, but if you let the negative overtake you or you become part of the problem yourself, it ruins the community vibe that the site purports to have. Most though, tend to find some type of groove and people they look forward to following and reading about and they avoid either topics or areas or people that are of little interest to them.

A Review of GirlsAskGuys
19
8

Most Helpful Girl

• xHoneyxBeex
    Great review, thanks for sharing! Just like everything else in life, there will always be pros and cons (although we do our best to minimize the cons, we always appreciate feedback!). I think ultimately, your personal GAG experience is whatever you choose to make it.

Responding to questions from members who really need help, offering advice, and interacting with people from all over the world can be a very rewarding experience. It's always nice to help others and be able to learn something ourselves too by being exposed to different perspectives. :)
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guy

• drummerdude25
    I hope I'm on everyone's good side. :)

I've been here on GaG for nearly 9 years now, which is crazy lol... but I haven't stayed apart of this community just for nothing. It's a great site and can be a lot of fun just browsing the latest questions and comments.

It's all the different people here that make it fun.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

718
  • RedRobin
    Nice take
  • ghostqueen
    Pretty spot on.
  • Being_a_good_Indian
    @xHoneyxBeex and @DiogoRibeiro

Responding to questions from members who really need help, offering advice, and interacting with people from all over the world can be a very rewarding experience.

Writing answers on GirlsAskGuys helps Good Indian multifold first, resolve someone's query which makes you feel great later in the day, second, learn something new everyday in your field of expertise and other domains. Answering questions related to a specific topic makes one think. It is a good exercise to the brain especially if Good Indian want to be distracted for a while.

Knowing is one, but delivering the answers in a way which appeals to a reader is most important. Writing here makes me think from the perspective of opposite gender, which is an essential skill for any writer.

My Question for Admin Panel. No Website is perfect. I have few suggestions for development of Community. I would be glad to share few solutions of Cons mentioned in this Take. I agree with Review Writter. Constructive Criticism should be accepted. I want your permission to write Takes. I can send you suggestions in private messages but from my point of view Opinion of whole community matters.

Thanks for your response.
  • LegateLanius
    Thank you. It was an interesting review. I am wondering why you posted it anonymously, though as it wasn't offensive and you probably won't get bothered for it
    • Anonymous

You're welcome. We're all really just internet Anon online anyway.

• Well, yeah. I just think it is weird when someone posts something anonymously while on a forum that doesn't usually use your name. Its like going double anonymous

• Red-Blaze
    Lovely take, totally agree on all points here :)
    Wish i had more to say, but i think your review really put anything i can say out there...
  • JustGiveMeAUsername
  • Guanfei
    2 things I find annoying here:

-There is way too much SJW and all the crap movements being part of it.
    -There are the same questions asked, over and over again. It's quite hard to find any original topic or question.
    • goaded

You don't see a problem with people saying Hitler was a great leader, but with people who want fairness. OK.

• Guanfei

@goaded you should get your eyes checked. Or your mental health. Because nowhere I've said that. But I guess that's how you see the world. Either you're for the SJW crap, or you're a nazi.

• goaded

Did I say you're a nazi? No.

I just said that, on a platform that has people saying things like "Hitler was the greatest leader of the 20th century", "Jews [want] total destruction of European civilisation", you chose to decry people who support feminism, civil rights, and multiculturalism.

• tek555_pessimist
    I agree. You will always get good and bad in any open forum.
  • Good_Behavior
    "Members who drop GaG or GaG drops them, and they sign up again and start complaining/harassing others all over again."

<3
  • love_conquers_lust
    It's an unfiltered microcosm. People are more reserved, polite, and tolerant in real life, especially if they have interest in each other.

In my opinion, this site leans Left and aligns itself with females to get their participation up. Honestly, and I've heard this numerous times, guys can scare the shit out of girls. The twisted thing is that very danger is what often attracts them.

But the content of these questions are often suffocating. Same controversial shit over and over and over. There is some truth to be had.

But I swear, the model questions from the pinks is: "I just committed or am thinking about doing XYZ. I instinctively know it's immoral by the golden rule but someone tell me the opposite." And from the blues "This is the way things are, bitches."

Sometimes, I'd just like to see someone post a calculus problem or something.
  • ladsin
    Well written!
  • Poppykate
    Gag can drop you! Who knew? 🤷🏻‍♀️
    • Anonymous

As far as I know, it's only reserved for those that have had X number of complaints lodged against them or they've been repeatedly warned by Admins to stop violating the rules of the site.

• juliaanita
    you did a good job reviewing this site.! Thanks :)
  • Haha very true
  • Hungry_Shark
    Good budydydydydydy
  • weirdwriter79
    Thank you for this review.
  • BronzedAdonis
    nice
  • Halucinator
    amazing take
  • CT_CD
    Thank you so much
  • ovoxo_
    I'd be better if it was less liberal and pussified
  • Revolver_
    I am a positive for GaG
  • Anonymous
    Love the site, I like the points and being able to redeem them but I'm here for useful feedback regardless of being able to redeem gift cards.
  • Anonymous
    I enjoyed this mytake and I love this site! I have been using this site for about four years.
  • Anonymous
    Nice Take, well, despite all the cons, GaG is definitely my favorite site :)
  • Anonymous
    i do all the Cons :)