Most of you have probably noticed quite a bit of changes in this recent update. So, we wanted to provide everyone with a complete list of the changes that were made and what you need to know to navigate/use the site with these updates.
We are happy to announce the introducation of a "like" feature!
- The like button is the heart-shaped icon located at the bottom left corner of questions, myTakes, and Opinions.
- This feature takes the place of the up/down vote system. So now, when you like a Question, myTake, or Opinion, you can simply click the "like" button to show that you agree or enjoyed reading the post.
- If you accidently "like" a post, don't worry, you can simply click the button again to "un-like" it.
- This feature also comes with a new notification! When a user "likes" your question or myTake, you will receive a notification letting you know who liked it! If you do not want to receive these notifications, you can simply go to your profile settings, scroll down to where it says "notifications" and uncheck the box that says "Someone likes your Question/myTake." Then click "save."
New "look" for the Interaction Bar
The interaction bar is the bar you see when you visit a question or myTake that lets you know information such as how many users have left opinions from each gender, etc. There are now new options located in this area, it can also be seen on Opinions, Opinion Comments, Question list pages, and the Live Feed.
On Question and myTake pages
- You will see the "like" button with like count by gender
- "Share an opinion" button with opinion count by gender.
- "More" button with the option to report the question and mute notifications for that post.
- "Next" button which will take you to the next question or myTake in the list.
On Opinions for Questions and myTakes
- You will see the "like" button and like count by gender.
- "Comment" icon and comment count by gender.
- MHO button (for question askers).
- "More" button with option to report the opinion or the "Anonymous" option on your own opinion.
On Opinion Comments
- You will see the "Reply to this comment" button.
- "More" button with the option to report the comment.
With this new update comes a few new changes to our Xper point system!
- Having a question/myTake "liked" 5 times gives 3 Xper points to the Question Asker/myTake Owner. If members "un-like" their content, it does not remove the Xper points that were given.
- Having an Opinion "liked" at least 5 times gives 3 Xper points to the Opinion Owner. If members "un-like" the opinion, it does not remove the Xper points that were given.
- Having an Opinion "liked" by the Question Asker/myTake Owner still gives 1 Xper point, just like with the previous "up voting" system that was in place.
Users can now have the option to "mute" notifications!
- If you no longer want to receive notifications for a specific post, simply click the button that says "mute notifications" located where the "more" button is on the bottom right corner of the question.
- This button is visible to the Question Asker/myTake Owner, anyone who left an Opinion on the question/myTake, and anyone who left an Opinion Comment on the question/myTake.
- The button will "mute" notifications for new opinions, new comments, mentions, MHO awards, and "like" notifications.
- By clicking "unmute notifications," the post will be "un-muted" and the user will receive all new notifications for their posts.
Play icon for Videos
- When you see a video on a question or mytake there is now a "play" icon in the image on the homepage, live feed, and other places on the site!
So there you have it, GAGers! Let us know what you think of all of these changes in the comments below! If you have any questions, feel free to post them and we will respond as quickly as possible :)