You wanted a way to showcase your writing ability, GaGers? Well, here ya go, but bear in mind that all our contests are open to the public - per the very nature of this site - so don't be surprised if you see some fresh competition!
Enter our new writing contest, which begins as of now and will run until Friday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All you have to do to enter is register here at GirlsAskGuys (if you haven't already done it, this takes about 30 seconds, if that) and make your submission.
The theme? Oh, it's a fun one:
Your Best "First" Story
This is a personal piece that tells the tale of your best (or worst, as the case may be) "first." In other words, the first time you had sex, your first date, the first time you said "I love you," or it could be something outside the romantic realm. The first time you stepped on a Little League field, the first time you went off the scary 3M diving board at the pool, the first time you attended a funeral, the first time you left the country.
It can be anything so long as it tells the story of a first experience.
But as everyone does better with highlighted and bulleted text, here's what you do:
1. After creating your GirlsAskGuys account, log in and submit a MyTake. Easy. Before you start writing, though, try to think of a really catchy headline for your story. There is NO NEED to refer to the contest in the headline; in fact, if you do, we'll probably change it. Your story is yours and yours alone, so give it the headline you want to give it!
2. Remember the basic rules of good presentation, including media, proper spacing, etc. Some of those HINTS you see highlighted in purple when you go to write your MyTake will help...
3. Contest submissions need to include the following hashtag somewhere in the text: #GaGWritingContest Doesn't matter where, really, it just has to be there so we know it's a submission for this contest.
4. Each user gets ONE SUBMISSION ONLY. So before you hit "Submit," make sure it's your best work. :)
5. We will look at quality of writing, presentation, and how well the community responds. All of these are always factors in penning a piece for online consumption.
Oh...prizes? You want prizes?
Well, of course. :)
First Place: $25 Amazon Gift Card, one winner each for GUY and GIRL
Second Place: +1,000 XPER
Third Place: +500 XPER
And by the way, if you're new to the premises, don't forget that we're always looking for great content from great contributors. You're always free to share your opinion via MyTake or Question and interact with our fantastic and ever-growing community. And if you're really good, if you distinguish yourself, maybe you'll get that Editor tag. Learn more about how to become a GaG Editor right here.
If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message. Looking forward to reading your submissions!