How to Increase Your Overall MHO Percentage on GAG

I find it strange that a lot of people have been asking me this question considering that a lot of people don’t find MHO percentages to be all that important besides having a nice colored badge next to your name each time you post an opinion. Regardless, I’d like to provide my knowledge and information on how to get and/or maintain the MHO percentage you’re looking for!

____________________________________

What is MHO and What Purpose Does it Serve?

MHO is abbreviated as Most Helpful Opinion! Each time an asker posts a question and opinions are received in it, the asker within a 24 hour period upon posting the question has the option to select up to 4 opinions (2 guys and 2 girls) who they think provided the most helpful opinion to them! This could be in the form of how knowledgable that person who gave the opinion was, to how humorous the opinion was, to the person being highly empathic and relating to the question. This helps people on this site figure out which people are providing the most helpful opinions all around. Usually the higher the percentage, the more thoughtful the person was in attempting to be as helpful as possible! A lot of the time though, many of the opinions are selected by the automatic GAG system since the asker didn’t pick the MHOs within the 7 day period which may give an inaccurate reading on a person’s MHO percentage. You can click on the link below for more information about this:

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

With that said, let’s get down to the details of how, in my opinion, people gain MHOs and how some of them are able to maintain a high percentage.

____________________________________

Be Empathic and Relate to the Asker

A lot of the questions you’ll see have a person being in a situation they’re not sure how to handle properly without the assistance of other people. Rather than simply voicing your opinion on what you believe is right, try to step into the person’s shoes and grasp a full understanding of what they're looking for. What may seem right to you may not be to the asker. It all comes down to what their experiencing and what you can do to assist the situation. If you have a complete opposite opinion of what they believe, be sure to provide facts and evidence to back up your statement so people don’t believe you’re simply criticizing someone just because of an unpopular opinion. Sometimes the asker may be persuaded by your opposition and gain your respect! Always remember to be open-minded in every question you see, even if it’s a simple questionnaire.

Avoid Popular Questions when Needed

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to engage in popular questions, especially since a lot of the community will be involved but if you have intentions of increasing your MHO percentage, chances are your opinion is going to be overlooked by a lot of people. It would be best to avoid these until your MHO percentage is at the number you want it to be. Sometimes though, people do gather enough confidence in believing their opinion will be most valued over others in these type of questions! It’s knowing when to engage in them and when to avoid them.

Engage in Topics You Specialize In

Chances are if you’re more interested and invested in a topic you like, you’re going to provide better feedback with having more insight than others. Everyone has a certain kind of topic they like and they’ll certain take the time to do their research on it to provide the best possible opinion they can give! When the asker sees how much time you’ve invested in your favorite kind of topics, they’ll know the difference between someone who cares to someone who is simply passing by. There are 20 topics to choose from as of today! Surely there are multiple topics you love to discuss about and if you like all 20 of them, high five for going the extra mile in learning about them!

Make an Effort to Think Outside the Box

It’s very easy for anyone to provide a simple answer to a question but when you look beyond what the asker is thinking, you’ll have more words you want to provide to get your opinion across. People who go the extra mile will not only answer the asker’s question but they could provide extra feedback and details on how to improve the condition of the situation and what to do in the future about it. If the question however is a questionnaire, simply provide your answer and explain why you chose it. Believe it or not, putting in that little extra effort can be the difference between getting a MHO and not getting one!

____________________________________

Whether your main goal on GAG is get the highest MHO percentage, to maintain a certain MHO percentage or to simply reach that percentage to get the colored badge you want, it’s always important to be as informative as possible! It’s understandable that some people are looking to gain large amounts of xper points and will not always provide the best feedback. Sometimes people will have hard time explaining what they are trying to say so do your best to understand them so they can get their point across. People will appreciate you taking the time and effort to best understand their situation and their needs. Let’s all continue to grow as a community and make the most of what we have here!

____________________________________

Do you agree or disagree with these statements? Is there anything you'd like to include? Feel free to provide feedback as I always welcome them in looking to improve my future MyTakes and questions! With this topic in mind, I hope someone does a MyTake for getting/maintaining a high Xper count for experienced at it!

2239

Most Helpful Girls

• One more idea. Read other people's opinions first and then decide what to post. Watch out for these two things:
    1) If everyone is giving the same exact reply as you wanted to, no need to post in there.
    2) Don't post at all if the asker is being rude to anyone whose answer they don't like. Especially pink anon does it a lot.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • This is quite useful! Even if people give the same replies and you agree with them, you can find extra information to provide that'll make your opinion stand out from the rest. I do agree that rude askers will not likely favor anyone with their negative attitude.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and ideas of what I could add for next time :)

• You're very welcome! :) I appreciate your very helpful feedback of an extra idea to use for future reference on this topic!

• Aww thanks again! Good luck 😊

• It doesn't matter that much I suppose, however it is flattering when someone picks mine. I appreciate it and I'm glad that I was able to help or make them feel like someone else understood.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• I do want to help people. I am a very empathic person. I try to be kind to as many people as I can. Today is my first day joining. I already made six followers. I hope one day I will have 30. So I can help them all.
    Thank you, I've helped a lot today. If you stalk my profile and see pickup lines, then know that they are smooooooth. Other than that, I've been helping people.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Welcome to GAG! It's always nice to see another empathic person joining in to help out with the community :) I do wish you luck on your goal of getting 30 followers with you!

• Ah ok! You've simply made your account then so you don't have to keep borrowing his then. That's smart of you to do!

• his account was me (helping) then his turn it's all nonsense trolling lol.

I think he convinced some people that he has a conflicted personality and they believed him. So when I post some questions on his account no-one responses because they think it's him trolling in a weak way.
      I use it to mainly read and sometimes post answers on his account.

• I have a pretty high MHO percentage, which I am a bit proud of.
    I don't answer question just to get MHO though, I always try to help the asker as best I can. I do often go onto the No Answers section of the site to answer brand new questions. When I ask a question myself, I always appreciate it when it gets answered very quickly.
    But in doing so, some questions I answer only get a couple of answers, sometimes even just one (mine). This has most likely "boosted" my percentage a bit.

That said, when I do get MHO on a question with lots of answers, I'm very flattered and feel glad my answer was of some help (presumably).

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 20

• Interesting, I use to care a lot about mho, but now not so much, though I still try and be helpful. I think selecting questions thoughtfully is the best advice, :) those no opinion questions are a gold mine

• I'm glad you still want to be helpful regardless! I thought they were too until I found that if not enough people of the same gender post on that question, no MHOs are received :( It's not to say they may pop up in the live feed more often so enough people answer them!

• Oh wow, that sucks, I had no idea.

• What a helpful Take! Thanks, Kyren! There’s a lot of great advice in here that I’ll be sure to take into account when posting opinions. Especially the one about thinking outside the box :)

• Thank you so much! I've always appreciated your support and opinions whenever they come around :)

• You’re very welcome! Also, thank you, as well. That made me smile :) I’m not as active on this site as I used to be so I apologize for that but I’m glad you appreciate my feedback, as infrequent as it may be

• I don't really care about my MHO but it's nice to have. I just like trying to offer some advice and help to people. ^_^

• That's really sweet of you to say! I feel bad when some people feel pressured by having an MHO number next to their name. In all honesty, people will recognize your sincere and honest opinions and that's what counts! :3

• Sugarcoating isn't going to do anyone any good! People will appreciate you being straight-forward in how serious you are about giving helpful advice! (well, at least for the ones that can handle the truth anyways xD)

• Well, your perspective makes sense because you are not good looking.

• At first I was like.. why would anyone ask you that.. but then I saw your 81% and it all made sense lol. Good job!

• Thank you! Honestly, I didn't think people cared all that much about getting MHOs in the first place but then I kept getting a lot of requests from people asking how I obtained that high percentage. I figured I would save a lot of time for them if I just made a MyTake about it!

• I doubt you will get less questions from now on lol People want bullet points and preferably the ability for you to transfer your MHO to them 😂

• Oh I'm sure they would love that 😂
      If they want it, they have to earn it the hard way through a lot of effort and hard work. (With some knowledge of this site as well!)

• How many questions do you answer per day on average?

• I would say around 2 to 13 questions on average depending on the day. In all honesty, it doesn't matter how many opinions you post on a daily basis because it's more about how detailed and informational each opinion is. I'd rather spend much longer on an opinion to get my full point across than to rush each question in hoping to answer more questions! Hope this helps with what you were looking for :)

• I can see why that would make you paranoid! In this case, as long as for every 5 opinions you post, 1 gets MHO, you have nothing to worry about! Or... to put it in mathematical terms: (1/5=20%)

• Yeah, obviously. Well, we'll see.

• I used to care but now I answer way too many fluff questions ir answer things sarcastically. Also many askers don't want the truth, just a validation of what they want.

• Post more Questions
    Reply to even More Questions. xx

• lol i didn't think people even looked at those

• Some people feel the need to stroke their ego with having a higher MHO percentage but honestly in the end of it, the only thing that'll matter is whether you provided the opinions you wanted to share or not because this site is all about speaking your mind and having a good time with the community :)

• Mm yeah good point

• This seems like a pretty useful take.

• That's some pretty good advice.

• Great take

• Totally agree

• Nice take

• Thanks

• Thank you

• True. When I had ambition, I once had a 30% mho

• Most of my MHO were attributed by the system.

And well, I'm someone who lived in a few different countries and I suppose have a different way of thinking about things. I'm also not a native English speaker. Personally, I think that that alone makes my opinions not very popular and that there isn't much I can do about it.
    Not that it matters much.

• Or just tell them what they want to hear

• I think mho is not that important.

• Kewl

What Guys Said 37

• I disagree. MHO percentage just means that someone chose your answer and the majority of the time is that it is a popularity contest. Anyone is capable of providing great answers. MHO percentage should be eliminated

• There's been mixed feelings about keeping the MHO percentage around. The same can go with people who earn the most xper points within a given time although there really isn't a badge you can earn from that (although there is a title but that's the amount of xper points you earn over the course of your time here on GAG). I do agree to a degree that it can be in the form of a popularity contest but there are askers who are sincere and generous in giving their MHO to someone who really helped them out greatly! I often wondered how people would react to that change if it did happen. Thank you for making a valid statement on this!

• "spam questions with no answers with anything, and hope your garbage answer, that likely no one ever read, is automatically picked by an undefined algorithm, often just by default as it has no competition."

• Each question has to have a minimum of at least 3 opinions of the same gender for the automatic GAG system to select an MHO so this tactic isn't abused. Answering those "No Opinion" topics really do help though!

• From what I've noticed elaborated and detailed answers that answer the question properly tends to get MHO more often than short incomplete answers that's not answering properly and troll posts.

Writing "I'm pro it" or "I vote A" isn't enough to get MHO. If you want MHO, you should explain on why, or share a factual answer if it's a factual question.

• You forgot about trying to write long posts so that it seems you are contributing more to the conversation that the drive by comments.

Also respond to comments about your post. And engage in conversations for other people's posts.

Or the simple answer to your question: Effort.

• I think If I cared about my MH percent I’d have quit after a week.

I know I’ve actuslly given some pretty big help to a few people here and it was 98> via messaging.

Questions are just for tossing around ideas and having fun.

• You're certainly right that this site is meant to give people the freedom of expression with questions they want people to ask! It's really cool how diverse people are on this site from asking the most random and hilarious questions to ones that are pretty serious. I'm glad you don't allow MHO to impact your opinions!

• This is great for a lot of questions. But I've found that kissing ass goes a long way with getting MHO.
    "Your question is brilliant and you've changed my mind on everything."

• I've seen this work a couple of times from opinions I saw before although it's a technique I wouldn't rely on since it doesn't work all the time. I do admit people love to be praised when it feels genuine!

• Very good points, excellent Take. I'm more concerned about someone getting an answer to what ails them since you can't always get it from family and friends and I know what it is like to be a young person and not always sure of yourself in certain situations.

• Being the Asker's mate also helps sometimes.

But overall these are good tips, thanks for taking the trouble to write this.

• I'm honestly beyond shocked that no one has posted this yet along with how to get the most xper points in the shortest period of time as we've seen on the "Top Members" page. I do agree that having connections with the asker will increase your chances when you post an opinion on their topics! Although I'd say it would be pretty hard to befriend everyone on this site.

• I have to say that I believe users should speak their mind and focus more on being heard than silly accolades.

• Thankfully a lot of people do that already because there's no need to feel pressured by a number next your name. The point being this site is to speak your opinions and have fun with it after all!

• Don't be so sure about that lol..

• You can also write long opinions, the automatic system is heavily biased towards those.

• I did do a little research on that comparing MHOs with a lot of people to see if the longer replies do matter. This is what I found so far in terms of what I believe the GAG system favors in order from most to least:
      Thumbs Ups, Longer Replies, Comments from the Asker, MHO Percentage then Type of Opinion Written Down.

I wouldn't say this is the exact algorithm the GAG system follows but I think it's pretty close in my opinion!

• Yeah, I was like this you know 40%+ MHO.

Then the troll questions: Oh do you cidar? lemon? buttsex? cigarretes? 10 times a day.
    I see everyone as good. I can't say no to any questions. I answer them.
    now my mho is not respectable anymore.

trolling ruin lives

• I don't really like MHO percent as a judge of quality. To maximize MHO it's better to not use the site as it was meant to be used to maximize MHO. For example, not answering as many questions in order to reduce the chance of lowering MHO.

• MHO is important that to decide how people are posting their opinion. Some people are there to give answers thoughtfully, they really want to suggest the best thing asker needs.

• I've been wanting some tips! Thanks for these! I want to be able to help people, and getting MHO let's me know if helped someone.

• Don't forget to be "politically correct!" (fuck that)

• MHO doesn't matter to me because I'm not actually smart. I'm just an asshole.

• if people dont relate to your mind set it won't help

• thank you, i will increase my overall mho percentage on gag

• HOW TO GET MORE MHO: only say the happy-go-lucky, idealistic, socially-approved retard shit that humans want to hear.

*drops mic*

• or or or... go to every dick question/ am I straight question

say some random bullshit that is debatle - call everyone in there a nazi. and say ASKER youR DICK IS BIG AS FUCK EVERYONE HERE IS LYING - OR YOU ARE STRAIGHT DW IT'S A FAKE LABLE.

• I used to be concerned with this, not anymore.

• What made your thoughts change about this? Most people usually don't care about what their MHO percentage is as their main focus is simply give opinions for either entertainment purposes or to get lots of xper points! I'm curious what yours is.

• Mainly outlook on life.

• More from Guys
    17