I'm embarrassed to be male

Anonymous

I'm embarrassed to be male

I hate the modern programming of male nature to be obsequeous and obstinately delusional about their physical unnattractiveness and its place in modern, western society. I hate the haughty, backstabbing dweebs that dismiss women as a whole belittling them with hostile rejection thinking they are being Real Menβ„’ whom will do anything to get laid (while rarely, if ever getting laid in this fashion), as they drag the perception of the rest of us down to their level in the gutter. I hate the foolish and/or autistic perverts that flash random women through internet pics and video. I hate white knights that mindlessly dismiss any discussion about domestic violence despite women being the initiators of domestic violence in 70% of cases, while it's almost always men that get arrested for it. I hate white knights that become the apologists of extremist feminists even as they espouse overt misandry. I hate white knights that worship less extreme feminists that espouse the same views as the extremists under a veil of so-called justice and self-righteousness. I hate the hypocrisy of these white knights attacking men that hold mirror views of moderate feminists. I especially loathe white knights in positions of authority that judge the reproductive and divorce rights with an egregious double standard in favor of women. I hate the pathetic, oblivious worms that become human shields for scam artists like youtube and tumblr feminists to the point of censoring criticism with death threats, doxing, and other crimes, while claiming to stand for justice. I hate 17 year old nerds that think they have it all figured out as they jockey for position of top female's doormat. I hate the male educators that perpetuated and encouraged that mentality. I hate the jokers that will dismiss this post as the some kind of angst from failure without even producing the pretense of engaging in anything substantive.

But hate is not productive in this case, so I am learning to not hate.

I'm embarrassed to be male
12
20
12Girl Opinion
20Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• 26ukdude
    Yeh same here, probs why the 75% or so of suicides worldwide are men, we are disposable, and made to feel like shit for simply being born with a penis.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Johnagain

Wow! I didn't know that statistic...(75% of the suicides) I think that helps the point here.
      But be encouraged, guys. There are still a few cool things to be grateful for about being a man.

• udolipixie

More likely 75% of the world's suicides are males because they choose more effective methods. Gals attempt suicide I think it was at least three times more.

• udolipixie

Yep it was gals attempt suicide three times more.
      Source:
      The changing gender ratio in occurrence of deliberate self-harm across the life-cycle. Hawton, K, Harriss, L (2008) Crisis, 29, 4-10.

Guy typically use high mortality actions such as hanging, carbon-monoxide poisoning, and firearms. Gals typically use drug overdosing.
      Source: Schrijvers, Didier. "The gender paradox in suicidal behavior and its impact on the suicidal process". Journal of Affective Disorders 138 (2): 19–26.
      www.jad-journal.com/.../abstract

Also the prevalence of suicidal thoughts is significantly higher among females than males.

Most Helpful Girl

• RinaJMB
    So you hate men for being sexist and also hate men who support female rights. Did you just say that or did I get something wrong?
    Is this still revelant?
    • Minxxie

yeah wtf

• JuicyBrain

No. He hates men who think women are all scumbags and men who thinks women are all angels. He also hates women who thinks men are all scumbags and women who thinks women are all angels. If you can look further than the rant formula, you'll see it.

• Anonymous

No, you just didn't understand.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1119
  • udolipixie
    Bit curious on how you are learning not to hate.

"despite women being the initiators of domestic violence in 70% of cases"
    Credible reputable source that does not use the flawed CTS scale (it treats self defense as reciprocal violence and does not take context into account) and also doesn't skew what is domestic violence (I. e. not loving your partner is domestic violence)?
    • Anonymous

The sources I look at are very clear in differentiating between reciprocal and non-reciprocal violence. Non-biased people can go research the data for themselves.

• udolipixie

I have looked and the *only* source that makes your claim is the 2007 Harvard study. A study is which the authors themselves note the small sample, unreliability as the data relied on abusers self-reporting, and how they severely limited what is violence as they we're focusing on cases that could be resolved with therapy not cases with sustained injuries, requiring medical attention, or verbal/psychological/sexual abuse/most forms of physical abuse.

• Anonymous

The bottom line is that there is data, and it was a pretty high number. The other point is that there is no such data that even comes close to justifying males getting arrested so disproportionately for it. And there are also a lot of stories of men getting arrested for only receiving the violence. Only an idiot would not see the bias in the system.

• GirlsLie
    I hate people who insist on gender wars, instead of treating everyone like an individual.

It doesn't make someone a white knight to have empathy for the opposite gender, if anything it's honestly needed more often.

I don't understand why so many people are fixated on these ridiculous gender battles, not everything is a competition. Some men can genuinely want a better world for women and some women can genuinely want a better/less pressured world for men.
    • Anonymous

Empathy is not what I described in any way, shape or form. I would prefer some sort of engagement of the specifics I listed.

• GirlsLie

I didn't say it was? I was speaking in general.

Also no one is going to take the time to reply to every single one of those rants lol, we would be here all day. Maybe if you took the time to narrow it down and elaborate on specific points then someone would. It was a cluster fuck to read, not being rude, just being honest with you.

• AleDeEurope
    That's them, not me, I'm not gonna be embarrassed about something that doesn't include me. It's like feeling ashamed of what your ancestors did, it has nothing to do with you, so you shouldn't feel ashamed.
    If they wanna be pathetic, let them be pathetic, it has nothing to do with me so I'll waste no energy on that.
    • Johnagain

In my opinion, you have said the best thing here!
      Let's all be encouraged to do that and be happily... men... what God created us to be. (Varied and flawed, of course. But spirits having a human experience.)

• Minxxie
    It sounds more like you hate women... I'm not going to apologize for existing sorry!
    • JuicyBrain

I love women, yet, I kind of agree with him. I don't hate all these people, but I find them frustrating. I am a feminist. Not the kind that wants the supremacy of women. The kind who thinks women should get to be equals in all that is best and all that is worse. I recognize that women as a whole are awesome but that some individuals can be the worse. I do not expect women to be better because they are women, I expect them to make the same mistakes we do and I forgive them the same as I forgive a man. I also recognize that we are different physiologically and that you have flaws where we have forces and that we have flaws where you have forces and that we would benefit from all working together. I just don't like when people assume that all women are automatically better than men, just for having a vagina. I think you should reread it, especially the first sentences. He is not saying he hates women at all.

• Minxxie

@JuicyBrain He basically said he hates women having rights but hates men who are sexist it's nonsensical.

• JuicyBrain

It's not what I read at all. Maybe we should ask him
      @asker Are you against women having equal rights?

• Scrambledagain
    I loathe people who have weak thinking yet hide behind big works in a poss poor attempt to look clever. That's basically how African politics role. How is Africa doing?
    • Wow... typos there..."hide behind big words" and "in a piss poor attempt"

• Anonymous

Do you deny that all I said is accurate?

• Mmmm, your opinion is your opinion. But in terms of an accurate opinion? sweeping generalisations, inaccurate conclusions, negative bias... yeah it's not accurate... at all.

• John_Doesnt
    Filling your take with unnecessary verbiage (big words) doesn't make it any more right. It still sounds like a rant or even a temper tantrum. Nobody is forcing you to behave like that it's just what is socially acceptable now. And I really think you're exaggerating how things are going with feminists.
    • Anonymous

I'm sure you would have loved and agreed with the take if I had worded it like an 8th grader. No criticism would have come, at all. And what did I exaggerate? The part about no-fault divorce courts favoring women, or the part about reproductive rights being all for the woman?

• I'm not saying that I'm illiterate or I can't understand large vocabulary. What I am saying is that it's unnecessary and it's out of place compared to all the other takes. No one has written a myTake like that.
      As for you exaggerating: men still have more rights than women do, try getting educated on the things women aren't allowed to do and see if you don't feel you exaggerating.

• Vagina vagina vagina. Vagina vagina vagina. Vagina vagina vagina

• Dandeus
    You said "I hate men who..." about two dozen times, then bitched about misandry. You must really loathe yourself.

https://youtu.be/PkRJzErnRmY
    • Anonymous

And you obviously rationalize your capitulation to women and get angry and insulting when someone points it out. It's sad. Let me know if you want to refute my points.

• Dandeus

angry rant != valid point

• Anonymous

So you dispute that 70% of non-reciprocal domestic violence is committed by women? How about the fact that women are the sole decision makers in abortion vs child support?

• RachelBrigs
    Sounds more like you despise women more than anything.
    • Anonymous

Then you fail at reading.

• Kirah
    For anyone in denial about the 70% DV statistic:

docs.google.com/.../edit
    • I think this sounds really interesting. I looked at all the graphs, but can you show me which graph shows the 70% for women? I can't see where it says that, since there's multiple graphs on the pages and the numbers and figures are confusing to read.

• Kirah

@VampireEmpress on the third page, there is a graph at the bottom right, showing the relevant statistics.

Most notably, the bottom two statistics. Of all ~1443 cases of non-reciprocal domestic violence, 438 cases had the man as the perpetrator, and 1005 cases had the woman as perpetrator. 1005 is ~70% of 1443.

• I see that now. but I read more from the first page, and they said they got the data from a different study that used in-home surveying... so I would say a survey isn't that reliable.

I'm not saying women don't attack men and people don't find it funny or don't take it as seriously as they should... I just don't think women injure men nearly as often, because of the size and muscle difference.

• TheDevilInside
    I feel you. But the world is indeed a bad place and we all just have to do our best to hang on , while trying to not let this shitty fuck king world filled with motherfucking cunts and assholes change us into becoming more like them.
  • 9mfeo
    So what exactly are you going to do about it? Ranting on the internet isn't productive. What should be changed? How? Against what metrics? What research needs to be done to measure the baseline?
  • Fortres
    I am ashamed of the male population for exactly what you said... Not what you said but that you said it. When did men become so bitter? Oh, when women stopped laying down and taking it. But playing the victim? Shame is not a productive feeling, so I refuse to dwell in it. I can't be embarrassed because I dont know you. I don't feel guilty, entirely, because I am aware of my actions, strive to better them and myself, and don't lie down when I see men action game entitled and embittered with misguided anger. Blame your dad, son, or fucking grow a pair and accept your own role, but don't blame our better half just because their sick of your shit.
    • Anonymous

You are brainwashed. A man can't say a peep out of certain things lest he be branded as a victim. You are a fool. If you want to dismiss these very real, demonstrable problems, that's your choice, just don't try to get high and mighty about that your complacency.

Just another ad hominem nonsense crap reply without a speck of engaging the specifics stated.

• Anonymous

"our better half"

That says it all. You're the one that needs to grow a pair, doormat.

• Fortres

I have respect, you lack it, plain and simple. It is absolutely no surprise you would latch on to that statement. My statements aside, all of yours are garbage. I should have expected the title was purposely misleading when the poster was anonymous, chances are people would have dismissed you and this post out of hand had you titled it with pride, and put your name on it.

• ChocEyes
    One thing though: you could defend your point of views in a better and more effective way if you used more solid and scientific concepts. Concepts like "white knight" won't do you any good because they make you sound like someone who gets these ideas from dumb internet forums such as "puahate/sluthate" or gaming forums that have no credibility either. As such, the use of these concepts make you sound like someone who is bitter and hateful for failing to do what other guys do.
    • Anonymous

I really don't care what it sounds like to you. I didn't post this to please you.

• ThisDudeHere
    The responses here are just an example how a man can't even point out problems in our society lest he be labeled as sexist or bitter.
  • GreatnessPersonified
    So, you take weak ass men? I think that's universal.
    Unfortunately, most guys don't know that they are weak.
    • Anonymous

The education and brainwashing the culture instills certainly don't help.

• Johnagain

... and most guys who think they're strong and act typical (scene) don't know they're brainwashed.

• Anonymous

@Johnagain And many of them get angry and disgusted if you point it out. It's part of the brainwashing.

• longjohndan
    Wow, you have a crap ton of learning to do.
    • Anonymous

~ "said the whipped male"

• Are you saying you disagree or are you just really bad at communicating?

• Anonymous

I'm more interested in the relevancy and cogency in the response you tried to write to this take, which seem basically non-existent.

"No yer just too dumbz to kno what I said"

So clarify and elaborate for my retarded self.

• pooper89
    I hate people who write takes that are rants
    • Anonymous

The people that say nothing of substance are worse.

• Johnagain

I know, right? Mindless...

• Gommers
    I'm not embarrassed to be male but I am to be human and to be watching the feminization of masculinity and masculinization of femininity. It's disgusting.
  • RajeshTheJeshter
    Maybe if you acknowledged the positive aspects of masculinity?

The competitiveness, the ambition, the protectiveness. There's a lot of good things about us.
    • Anonymous

It's precisely those things that get exploited for manipulation.

• Ok, how about our rationality then?

• Anonymous

Isn't it sexist to women to say that's a male trait?

• GirlScout
    "women being the initiators of domestic violence in 70% of cases"

Where did you get that from?
    • Kirah

70% of non-reciprocal domestic violence is initiated by women, according to this study:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../0970941.pdf

• Kirah

Here's an alternate non-download link: docs.google.com/.../edit

• GirlScout

@Kirah I'm afraid I don't quite understand what's meant by non-reciprocal in this context.

• hellionthesage
    The solution, don't be that kind of man. Simple as that. You can't prevent it all you can do is ensure that you don't succumb to it and if you research and know your facts you may be able to convince others of a better path to take, not the ones who already have an ideology of course but those who are young or undecided (or in rare cases open to the truth). By simply existing and continuing to exist in such a fashion will essentially make you the exception to the rule forcing others (given that what you do adheres to the truth and facts) to change since they will not be able to explain/lie your stance away (the beauty of truth, its inmutable)
  • Polocrew
    Lmao Male are in two types "Wk betaass neckbeard nerds" 99% of dudes on here and then normal guys who can score more in minute than them in hour and no whales. join the misc and you bshall be free
    • Anonymous

99.99999% of pick up artists are full of shit.

• James19
    I am not embarrased to be a male I am proud of it actually.
    • James19

Everybody should be proud of their own gender.

• COCOCHANEL
    good piece, i enjoyed it
  • Anonymous
    it's more i often hate being male because i hate being expected to pursue and initiate and be dominant, be judged, valued on my career and finances
  • Anonymous
    I understand where you are coming from. But what you must do is carve your own path of destiny. Prove to the world that real men are none of these things. But more importantly, show the world that you are your own person. Don't let the failure of other men define you.
    • Anonymous

True, but I still think it's worthwhile to try to raise awareness to it.

• Anonymous
    The world sux. Best to just take some pills and sleep it off.
    • Anonymous

Or take a lot of them and sleep it off, forever.

• Anonymous
    Hate's a bad word.
  • Anonymous
    That sounds personal to me I'm glad I'm a man... F*** what you talking bout
    • Anonymous

You will learn, kid.

• Anonymous
    Even my school books bash males and promote woman being better at manager jobs and stuff.
    • Anonymous

I don't understand the downvotes. It's actually true. That's what my book does. It states like three negatives about guy and like 5 positive traits about women and then state they are about equal. A book can't list only positives and only negatives for one side and then say it's about equal. If it was equal they would have a balance of positive and negatives for each side. Not target the bad traits to guys and the positive traits to woman.

• Johnagain

This is so unfortunately true... then SOME women have the nerve to complain that they don't make as much as men but they're the ones who can usually be kept on and be FAVORED at a job for YEARS!!!

• Unit1

#GenderEquality
      Just saying.