Unattractive Things Guys Say/Do To Impress Others

1. Call other men "Beta males" to make yourself look tough. It doesn't make you look tough, it makes you look like an over-compensating, insecure wannabe. I often imagine a highschool kid who goes to gym just to post a selfie of his shirtless body onto Facebook because no one cares enough to compliment him in reality. Just don't do it. No one actually cares whether a man is beta or alpha, you don't get brownie points for calling others this to bring attention to yourself. It doesn't work

2. Call women "females" or a different "species" right before flattering us. Putting us on a higher pedestal isn't right, nor does anyone like a suck-up. It's more so creepy and confusing as we normally don't think of segregating ourselves from you.

3. Showing aggression to other men to assert dominance, or calling other women ugly sluts to compliment the girl you want. Screaming unnatural, unnecessary, unfriendly & locked-up child vibes here. Considering we have friends of both sexes that you're being rude to, and you're acting like you hate everyone but us, it's pretty obvious why this doesn't work, and yet, it's a common go-to move.

4. Posting pictures of yourself at the gym with a stern (constipated?) expression. I mean, I get wanting to look tough, because men are constantly told to act dominant/masculine, but the frown doesn't actually get the ladies. If anything, I've heard more girls say they like a boy's smile, and I can confirm I've never heard "I love that look he gives me when he wants to stab me... Or perhaps reach for more laxatives".

5. Walk up to 10 girls and ask each of them out, then come online and say women are sluts who just want to be beat up by abusers. I assure you, none of the long-lasting couples I know started with a man going up to women for their looks & started a marathon of asking them out. They were all co-workers, knew each other through social groups and once they experienced an intimate/close bond, they THEN started asking each other out. I don't know why people who don't get out much think a random girl on the street is your best chance of success. It isn't. Actually being apart of events, social groups, being active in the community & work/volunteering are some of the best ways to meet someone, GET TO KNOW THEM FOR WHO THEY ARE, and then date. You don't date for the sake of dating; you meet someone, like them, then want to be with them. If you wanted to shop for a girl, then go do just that. Don't expect it in a random girl you don't know who doesn't sleep around for money or primarily concerned with getting you laid.

& If love is what you want, why would asking out a million pretty girls you don't know be the answer?

I wish you all the best.

40
12

Most Helpful Guys

• Onidandal

I agree with this in principle. It's not how I've experienced reality. Keep in mind, that I have a generalized view based on my experiences around dating and romance. All men and women are different, but tend towards average acceptable/desirable behavior.

Your first point is a basic callout of 'dominant' behavior among those who wish to place labels on such. It's pathetic, but it works because it's a basic form of exerting your will on another human being. I believe it's called hyperagency, but I could be wrong. It's a trait associated with leaders, thus it's considered attractive. It makes me retch, but a vocal crowd of women also use 'alpha' and 'beta' to describe guys, so that urges guys to continue the behavior.

Your second point is about dehumanizing behavior. The key thing about attractiveness, as a generalization on the guy's side, is to never be degrading about dehumanizing behavior. It's why 'pursuer/pursued' or 'winner/prize' get used, rather than 'human/subject'. This can be seen in a dynamic as simple as starting the dating phase, with the bulk of responsibility for pursuing, planning, and paying being on the guy. This mindset bleeds into colloquial thinking and phrasing, and thus, the term 'female' starts sprouting up colloquially. It's disgusting, but there's a vocal crowd of women that enjoys being the objectified prize, so that urges guys to continue the behavior.

Your third point is about the enforcement of positions of dominance and prize, respectively. The idea with this is to both enforce your position as top-dog, and to make her feel better about her position as the top prize using your own authority. It's a basic manipulation tactic, which is tying your worth to them. It's toxic, but there's a vocal crowd of women that responds positively to being the best prize a man can get, so that urges guys to continue the behavior.

Your fourth point is about what dominance looks like aesthetically. Male models don't do a lot of smiling. The best results on a dating profile for guys come from not smiling, among other factors. Constipation is trying too hard, but even that can get some attention. Literally, my best Tinder picture was of me holding a beer, wearing my hawaiian shirt and skinny jeans, looking away from the camera, and not smiling. I was told to not smile by the very women taking my Tinder picture. I haven't used Tinder in a while, because I'd rather be a human. My point still stands. Women in general find smiles to be less sexually attractive, so that urges guys to continue the behavior.

Your fifth point is simply the nature of the dating game. While people walk up less, the role of pursuer is kept in dating apps and making the first move in a group of people before it's too late. That is usually the guy's job. Not always, but usually. There is a vocal crowd of women who actively shame men who don't approach, with the line: "If he doesn't have the balls to come and ask me out, I never wanted to be with him to begin with.' So this urges guys to continue the behavior.

I noted that you seem to put more emphasis on bonds. Which I can appreciate. I'd like to acknowledge reality, and change the system of dating to be focused less on animalistic lust and outdated mindsets, and more on the bonds that bring people together. Because as you've said, you can't expect a long-lasting bond to come from asking out 50+ people in the hopes of netting someone. You can't expect a long-lasting bond to come from asking someone out on the street.

We need more people like you, and your circle of friends. I want to be hopeful about the future.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

No worries, I'll be sure to keep in mind your note about it being generally-speaking. Same for this MyTake tbh.

1. That's interesting, I hadn't heard of hyperagency before, I'll look it up later. I agree with the whole dominant qualities being found in leaders, thus that's why they behave that way in theory, with the whole beta labelling- it just sounds right to me if that's what hyperagency is. But, I can't agree with the conclusion that women are drawn to it in THIS specific example of guys calling others beta's. I think the reason why I agree with your premise but not in this example is that the guys who ATTEMPT to look dominant this specific way actually fail at looking like dominant leaders. It comes off more as "douchey" or "wannabe".

2. I don't disagree at all here, it's too true that there's a certain type of woman that does like being out on this pedestal. The only thing I have to contribute, in line with before, is that it's just not the majority of women. Also calling someone "female" over and over again makes you feel... weird? Confused? A ringing sound of "why does he keep doing that?" gets loud😂 Makes you feel like the guy is inexperienced. Imagine if a girl kept calling others "you males ____" in every sentence, I'm sure it also wouldn't rub off the right way to the average high-esteemed (is that a word?) person.

3. Yep, again, there's definitely a type of women who like this behaviour, but not the majority. I think the difference between those who do & don't are the experienced and the inexperienced. Ohhh! Also, those who have guy friends and those don't have guy friends. Cause if you're a friendly girl who befriends guys just normally, you're not gonna want some to come and diss them, unlike a girl who might dislike guys or have none to feel bad for. Probs goes the same way with girls who are threatened by other girls.

4. Ooooh this one is the only one so far that I stronglyy disagree against in every way, but thats absolutely subjective!

• Anonymous

Sorry, word limit.
      But yeah anyway, just because I don't agree with the fourth thing, it doesn't mean at all you should stop, I'm sure you rocked your Hawaiian shirt with or without a smile.

5. I can see that as being one of the reasons why men do it, it's very much a societal birthed move; agreed. That I agree with, though, unfortunately there seems to be other more disrespectful reasons other guys do it, as you can see from some of the comments I've received. But as always, those guys are in the minority & I don't take what their disrespectful words say to heart, nor at all perceive it as an accurate representation of all men.

Awww thank you so much! Your comment was really in-depth and a really good read of its own. I don't do many Questions or Mytakes, but im gonna give you a follow just in case you do ever release Mytakes 👌

• Well I have to say. I completely agree.

I'm an argumentative and opinionated guy by nature. I almost never "agree completely" with anything. I certainly can't remember ever agreeing completely with anything of this length, where so many different (arguable? Controversial?) views were expressed.

I even read it twice just to make sure. I'm afraid I can't find anything at all to disagree with. Not one single minor point. I was even looking pretty hard for something.

There is something I don't like here though. Well I guess it doesn't matter quite as much by my age anyway. But... I've always enjoyed the fact that so many guys are clueless idiots when it comes to "trying to impress women".

If you successfully teach these idiots, not to be idiots... It makes thing that much more crowded for those of us who were born non-idiot. I suppose we just have a different interest in the matter.

I get why you posted this anonymously. Men have gotten fucking WEIRD with this whole women-hating "men's rights" garbage.

I don't know what's going on with all THAT, but that shit is... Really messed up so yea I get the anonymity.

At the same time... You sound awesome and I kinda wish I knew who you were. I think you're just the kind of GAGer who I would like to follow.

After you check my other posts to make sure I'm not really an undercover agent sent by the 'manosphere" (such a dumb name; such a dumb thing). And after the heat over this inflammatory post dies down a bit... Perhaps, you might consider... Revealing yourself by following ME? See then I could follow you... And... well... you get it. 🙂

4 likes
    • Anonymous

Hmmm that's an interesting perspective, I never thought of it that they way (the whole concept of then having overcrowded "non-idiots"). I guess I just don't mind ever more smart guys in the world because I'd theorise they wouldn't "try" so hard if someone was in a relationship already or walk up to 20 girls to expect results, you know?

Also, I really appreciate the compliments, I get it, I can be very opinionated too😁 I guess I wouldn't mind doing the follow-thing, but I actually comment more on others questions then actually posting my own takes and questions. That said, I'll definitely give you a follow✌️

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous

I hate the Beta male thing. If a man shows any amount of sensitivity toward women he's a target of the "alpha" male guys.

Not impressed by money or gifts it is the every day things. Will he come change my flat if I'm on the side of the highway or send a company to do it for me.

No pics standing next to cars on dating sites.

I think I went off topic a bit.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

I agree that the small gestures matter more than gifts, though I don't think he'd need to personally come over to do it. But I definitely agree with the general belief of small gestures over gifts👌

Haahah yeah I guess some really like there cars

• So true. Everyone who says he is a alpha male it is a instant turn off.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

It makes my skin crawl with the cringe!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

1038
  • TenPoundTabby

Agreed, although #4 isn't meant as a look at the woman. It's meant more as an expression of identity. All guys want to exude strength in some way, but if all a guy has is tough/stern pics, again, you're right. He needs to look approachable and like he can laugh.

3 likes
    • Anonymous

True, I agree with you in hindsight, if he has other approachable photos, it's not really much of problem at all :)

• Some men are actually beta, and to suggest there's not a social hierarchy is asinine. Are we not allowed to acknowledge any part of social hierarchy, or just this part? Who's the alpha here? Pat Tillman who was a former NFL star and member of US Special forces who was killed in combat or black bear dancing around like a fucking fairy bitching about his ex in this music video?

Unattractive Things Guys Say/Do To Impress Othershttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfzlUHOFQ5k

What's wrong with using the word female in an accurate context?

Showing aggression is a part of male dominance and it's how we as the male species operate on a biological level. We are surely more evolved than cavemen, but it's only natural. To suggest that a man is absent of all aggression is to suggest a man lacking normal testosterone levels. Aggression comes in a lot of different formats, and it's not all violent. I'm aggressive in my day to day career and I'm very competitive. It's pretty normal for healthy young men to be this way. A man who doesn't have any competitive edge and doesn't assert any aggression at all in his life is the word you hate... a beta male.

A stern look on your face? Fucking a lol. You know how some women have rested bitch face and can't control it? The same applies for some men. I'm told I look fucking mean and intimidating when I'm simply relaxing and having a good time telling jokes. I don't smile in many pics and after you've had friends blow up and have been shot at a couple times... it's sort of a certain look that develop. If you're not attracted to me because I look too stern, then you can go find yourself a nice hipster soyboy.

I agree with your last point to an extent, a bitterness is a weak emotion... but having said that, there is a reason as to why a lot of good guys are frustrated in the dating scene today. Third-wave feminism and hookup culture has really ruined the dynamic between men and women. Women are just as frustrated. And lastly, there are a lot of sluts out there male and female. The word can still be applied in the appropriate context.

You're entitled to your beliefs, and what you're attracted to. Absolutely you are. Having said that, I am too. Women that share the same values that you do are unattractive to me. They want to feminize men and are easily triggered and typically emotionally driven. Alpha-males and type-A personalities typically make women like you feel inferior and insecure because you simply can't keep up. Confidence, assertion, decisiveness, and a respectable demeanor should be things that are encouraged in male culture.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

I'm not gonna bother with the first two considering you're either purposely ignoring the point because you're extremely defensive, or the point just went over your head for those two.

Lmfao, so basically you're aggressive because you haven't evolved from the caveman days? Okay. In all seriousness, you can be as aggressive as you want, but don't expect a normal man or woman to not laugh at someone who's trying too hard to impress a woman by being... a rude & aggressive douche.

I can't believe you just used both "soyboy" and "beta" to raise your own image. But you know what, your projection strategy is working, I sure am getting the feel of who you are😂 Resting bitch face is different to posing for a photo with a stern face though🤔 But regardless, this was only a subjective view. By all means, keep posing the way you want to, it's your photo, your face, your right.

Hookup culture is definitely clouding the scene, that's why I suggest avoiding the street-shopping approach & just live your life prioritising yourself over the need to find a woman at a specific place and time. I agree with the slut comment. So I feel that promotes my point more, really. Best bet is to just go out and socialise with your mates, and if there's a girl there who you like & likes you back; flirting and intimacy will happen~

Nope, I do not want to feminize men, if that's what you took from this take, you can either re-read after noting that's not what I wrote at all, or you can stop bothering with me, whatever you like. If I was as easily triggered as you pretend I am, I would not have the different social circles that I have now, nor a happy relationship. If anything, you want to be desperately acknowledged for your "alpha" qualities to the point that you need to tell other people which guy is a soyboy or beta. Which is funny considering earlier you were talking about the "good guys". Riddle me how you consider yourself one if you're out there shitting on guys that are different to you🤔

• I’m out right now, but I’m an engineer and working professional. Not a cave man.

• Anonymous

Note; I was raised with those "type A personalities" you're ridiculously labelling. Can't fear or feel inferior to my beloved brothers & father, can I? The difference between them & you is that you need to TELL people you're alpha. They show it. You're the kind of guy I was talking about above, not dominant men. The kind of guy who doesn't intimidate nobody with his actions, just attempts so rudely with his words, & brings down other men of his sex. There is your misunderstanding and why you thought I was implying dominant men are to be discouraged. No. Just ones like you.

• mateynine

All women are females.
    F E M A L E. F E M A L E. F E M A L E.
    Deal with it.
    proxy.duckduckgo.com/.../

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Okay😂

• Swat_

Really interesting take. There are lots of videos and posts out there telling guys to behave in x or y way to stay competitive towards other guys. There is so much conflicting information in these that its hard to tell what women really want or how men should really behave. I think hearing the opinions of girls on this topic is pretty important.

4 likes
    • Anonymous

Im glad you liked it :) Yeaah I definitely understand the confusion so many different perspectives bring, so I'll make sure to next time (not that I think there will be a next time, this take was more of a impulsive first) reiterate how this is my mere opinion, not fact. Particularly the gym one!😁 Also goes without saying some men aren't the only ones that can improve, some women also have lots to learn!

• Jamie05rhs

Well, please forgive me, but with all due respect, I just don't understand the whole "being friends first" thing. I never have. Because how can you be friends with someone and have that be the definition of your relationship and then transition into having a romantic relationship? This is an honest question; I'm not trying to be contrarian or give you a hard time.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Thank you for asking nicely :)
      So firstly, I never said "best friends" although that's another possibility too.
      I said you get to know people first, you socialise with them, get to know them, you can befriend them or at least be aquaintences with them, and eventually if there's a mutual interest you'll both flirt or show signs of intimacy. As I've said, I know about 6 couples in my volunteering social group who have done this and transitioned into successful long relationships, myself included. I didn't look for a boyfriend in my friends, I just naturally grew intimate with someone who also liked me back. For who we are. And we knew each other which greatly contributes to staying together for a long-term relationship.

• Interesting. Okay

• jirwin7979

i treat everyone how i want to be treated i dont say anything bad about anyone and if i dont have anything nice to say i keep my yaper box shut... at times i feel more like a girl stuck in a guys body but i know once the right girl comes in my life she will be the happiest girl on earth

2 likes
    • Anonymous

Awww, I think we should all be like you :)

• that makes 2 of us but than we would not be unique or different

• Anonymous

Touché

• Prof_Don

You’re absolutely dead wrong about point number 5.

Men HAVE to ask out women in large quantities, or else we will be perpetually single.

We as men go through many “no’s” to get the occasional / rare “yes”.

The “get to know her first” is a one-way ticket to Friend Zone.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

Considering I've seen a couple jerks here, I'm honestly just thankful for your non-insulting way of putting this.

But I'll agree to disagree considering as a very social person who's encountered many social men; many of my friends have successfully gotten into long-lasting relationships on their first or second try. I'm talking about social circles where chemistry naturally begins. Intimacy naturally grows. It's actually really simple, if you're not attracted to someone, you're not gonna date them, but that doesn't apply to every person of the opposite sex. Just socialise and be apart of the community, otherwise you're of course not going to get someone and you'll of course have to resort to online dating or street-shopping for women. You don't try to get a girlfriend, you just do your thing and you'll find someone you connect with, and then you want to be with them. That's the thing I don't think some people are missing from what im saying. The more you forcefully try to look for someone, the more weird it is and it would've never been about you two, but rather trying to find ANYONE that will like you back. Which of course will result in short-term relationships. (Generally). Online dating and streets work, but they don't achieve the best results, so all I'm trying to say about that is: by all means, go for online dating and street pickups if you're comfortable with that, but don't expect the best results. Why? Because it doesn't show the best side of you. And the more failures you receive, the more disheartened you come, which sometimes gives birth to incels. They don't get that it's not their fault, nor the girls' for not being instantly in love. They just aren't using the best method/mindset. That's all :)

• Anonymous

Ooooftttt. I'm so sorry for that block of paragraph 😅😅 Accident ramble. Feel free to not read it.

• Prof_Don

I read the whole block!

• morrowlow

this is just the pot calling the kettle black. men can never be as pretentious as women are. everyday i see all these girls who try to look and sound slutty so they can draw men to themselves. this is just something that people do in general. and if these things that guys do are so unattractive then how come the guys who do them get laid. especially number 4. other girls must think differently

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Firstly, "men can never be as pretentious as women are" with your following reasoning is very ironic considering in my post I'm only referring to the guys who behave this way, whereas you're implying no woman is better than any man, in regards to pretentiousness. If crediting every member of your sex, irregardless of individuality, of being more superior to raise your own value/significance isn't pretentious, then I don't know what is.

Also, because of this statement: "and if these things that guys do are so unattractive then how come the guys who do them get laid", I think you need to take a look at the r/incel & r/NiceGuys forum, man. It'll show you damn well that no decent MAN nor decent woman thinks highly of such people.

In hindsight, I think I should've added "thinks men are better than women" to this list. But I guess that was too obvious of a point, and achieves the same level of disgust as those women who think they are better than all men to warrant its own separate list of "delusional people".

• morrowlow

i don't care how you take my words. i never said men are better than women i just meant to say it's ignorant to blame men for something we all do. i don't understand why you're referring me to incel forums. those are the people who can't get laid so how can they know if these methods work or not. and it's funny how you compare me to those superficial guys that you hate so much when you don't know me at all. and yes i still say men can never be as pretentious as women meaning that women are so much better at pretending to be what they're not. the whole idea of using make up is based on that female trait. also men are new to this while women have done this for a long time. i don't know what kind of guys you've run into, all i can say is that similar people are usually drawn to each other. again i never said who's better than whom i just think we should all take a look at our own flaws and once we've accepted how imperfect we are, we can accept other's flaws as well. i assume that's something you haven't done yet

• Anonymous

Talk about "how you take my words"😂 Never did I call you an incel, no need to be over-sensitive. Another look & maybe you would've understood that I meant nobody that's decent actually would get laid with the people in question (and as a source of proof, I provided you a suggestion to look at r/incels and r/NiceGuys for reactions of those people posting shitty guys' actions and responses. Mind you, r/NiceGirls also exists for women with those shitty characteristics).

So you said, and I quote "men can never be as pretentious as women are". This does NOT mean what you're justifying it to mean in your most recent reply. This English sentence means that men are never more pretentious than women are, and never did I even say men were. You took a look at this my take and for some reason came to the assumption that you needed to point out to me men are more pretentious. Where? Where in my MyTake do I say or even imply that? I addressed a particular type of people to take a second look at that actions. Not you (I hope not), not all men, just the guys with the above. Women too have equivalent shitty characteristics. I personally, as a woman, attract only men, so I cannot compile a list like this for women. How about you go ahead and make a list of what women do that's not attractive, advise them on why, paste the link here; and you know what? I'll give it a like, and most likely agree. So you can stop 'assuming' shit about me when you so wholeheartedly went off at me for allegedly making an assumption about knowing you. Hypocrisy never wins.

Oh God your comment... Are you really gonna say "again i never said who's better than whom" when you had a couple sentences before said: "and yes i still say men can never be as pretentious as women meaning that women are so much better at pretending to be what they're not"? BUDDY😂 I was taking you seriously before that.
      Contradicting yourself:
      1. IDC how you take my words
      2. yes I can say who's better
      3. Never said who's better
      Um..

• Yet all the girls I've met like all the things youve mentioned a guy of this type does. You only say it online to make yourself look good and sit anonymously in the comfort of your own bedroom.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

If all the girls you know like this, that says a lot about you & the type of women you particularly are around.

I say it anonymously because a bunch of incels have stalked my Facebook before & hit me up, in incidents such as this. They like to hit on me even if I'm in a relationship & then say I'm just like all other women for rejecting them. Figures aye~

• DDpsy

The only problem is that those things are "unattractive" to you not all women. There are plenty of women for which those things work and those women give plenty of positive feedback for those types of behavior. Therefore do not expect male behavior to change anytime soon.

2 likes
    • MzAsh

These things only “work” on low quality women.

• DDpsy

@MzAsh That doesn't mean much since women don't have a label for "quality" that you see when first approaching OK-LOOKING-CHICK #3873. The quality of pussy is also not that variable either. If a type of behavior gets men sex then you will see more of it.

• MzAsh

Low quality dick seeking low quality pussy.

• SomeGuyCalledTom

I kinda disagree with the last point, but the rest are pretty spot on (I got a good chuckle at "constipated face in the gym" xD)

1 likes
    • Anonymous

That's fair! This is all subjective anyway, not factual😊
      Haaha yeah I threw that in light-heartedly, but in hindsight I think I may have offended some people😅

• btbc92

Amen! That's how they never get the girl they want. Or any relationship at all. Let alone get married. It's not masculine at all. It's flat out arrogance and ignorance. Only other shallow, immoral, ignorant and an arrogant girls will fall for such a person and actually like it. What a naive ones they sadly have to live and let learn. I respect any man who grows out of this ignorance.

1 likes
  • GreatSworl

Im kind of guilty of number 1 sometimes but i dont do number 1 in public, only on the internet

1 likes
    • Anonymous

I mean, hey, we're all guilty of 1 or 2 unattractive habits :) At least you're not doing it in person haha. But trust me, just try cutting down on doing it on the internet too and slowly stop if it's habitual. Doesn't do any favours for your arguments, you know?

• I dont do it a lot but if someone was acting like a fake alpha male to be tough id call em a beta. The whole alpha beta thing is pretty bad.

• Anonymous

I wouldn't encourage that, but fair enough :) I've seen it used under far worse contexts ✌️

• sonnysunshine

Some of these are legit. But I have a problem with number 3. “Showing aggression to other men to assert dominance”

Women are turned on by those guys. Even if it’s false confidence they like it.

3 likes
    • anniisa

Lol no we dont. Only when its relevant, it all depends on context. If some guy was a general twat and was being aggressive then it would be attractive in that situation. Or if some guy was being creepy and then you warn him off. All good.

Genuinely trying to act tough though... yeah that makes you look weak and like you have issues with self control. I've noticed shorter men usually act more aggressive (obviously not all short men before some guys out there come at me).

• Anonymous

Thank you for your honest + non-rude opinion :)
      I'll have to disagree, you're referring to a certain type of girl, but not all (not even the majority) of women find it attractive (just like this mytake isn't referring to all guys, just a certain type/some). We actually laugh at a guy swoops in and starts aggressively white-knighting & being pointlessly completely rude to guys we're friends with or chatting to. It's completely bewildering and ridiculous to witness, and whether to the face or behind their back; the girls are either cringing or laughing at them. Don't respect others and they won't respect you, see?

Agree to disagree, but thank you for your opinion~

• I’ve just witnessed this happen several times. But I’m glad you don’t like white knights

• YHL6965

I'm honestly baffled by the fact that some men seriously think all of these work. I mean I find these behaviors to be so toxic for the most part, belittling others like that is never a good sign.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

I know aye. Inexperience, I guess

• YHL6965

I mean, I have literally no experience in dating and flirting, but I know that's not a way to talk to a human being.

• Anonymous

Good point. You're right, that was a wrong guess from me.

• ForbesMagazine

"Call women "females" or a different 'species' right before flattering us."

If this is a consistent thing in your life, then it's probably because women are doing something to make themselves seem foreign.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

I can see why you might think that, except it's not consistent in my life. It's more so something that only these types of guys teach themselves, MAYBE because they don't interact with women, or men either, that much.

• Lman3000

Yeah, being yourself would work right? yeah females love that right? if that's the case why am I single then? I don't act like nothing you said here yet my ass is still single, so how do act to get a girlfriend huh?

• Anonymous

Do you go out & meet a lot of people, join social groups, go to events, etc? Maybe that's a good start :)

• Lman3000

Yeah I have, especially in college, No one likes me at all, I don't even have one friend in my 4 years of college and I've been through the whole introduce and join a group routine like other students have

• Anonymous

How can you join a group while simultaneously not having a friend? It's not a "done it once, didn't work" thing. If you're struggling with making friends, let alone meeting a woman, there's other factors at work there.

• All of these behaviors are completely valid and this is just a shallow feminist attempt to control males. Boring.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Oh yes, being an asshole to other guys to look better is role-model worthy behaviour, aye?

• Wow, maybe girls should worry about all the unattractive things they do. We are a lot worse than guys. The guys aren't the ones showing skin on Instagram or wearing barely there clothing.

1 likes
  • I think it's pathetically adorable when certain stupid boys with really low self-esteem desperately try to better themselves in their own eyes by being a total ass. They never learn that trying so hard to seem tough while whining all of the time just make them the topic of many laughs among women

1 likes
  • CoffeeWC

i agree with all of this. some guys are just clueless.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

I know ayee. Same with girls~ got many stories there too haha

• selfdestruction

Some men are beta. Especially the nice guys. That doesn’t mean they’re compensating. Just means that man doesn’t put up with pussy boys. Yes, women do gravitate toward alphas. You may not, but most do.

If a woman is called a female, it’s cuz she’s a feminist.

If you call confidence and zero tolerance for indecision aggressive... I got news, you don’t want a confident leader.

Being proud of your hard work and posting it with out a fake smile is cool. Not all the dudes are doing for the ladies. In fact most aren’t

I can’t fall in love with a personality at first sight. Yeah, attractive girls; at least the ones I view as attractive will get my attention first. It’s called dating. That’s how you get to know someone. And believe it or not, there is usually no sex.

You seem to have a warped view on men. I’m sorry

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Lmfao what did I just read.

If you have to call another guy "beta" or "pussy boy" to look tough, you are in fact over-compensating.
      No, media would have you believe what some label as "alpha" is the more attractive guy, but had you left your house enough and plunged yourself into more social groups & settings, you'd see there is no such requirement amongst those in long-lasting relationships.

"If a woman is called a female, it’s cuz she’s a feminist." - I mean... This logic is blowing my mind, I'm not sure I need to say anything but let this stunningly inaccurate sentence stand for itself. However, I'd like to reiterate: the MEN I'm talking about call women this to FLATTER them. Not talking about other situations that you're confusing this with. Just those particular guys, acting like they've had little experience with women so they think it's distinguishing and complimenting. A second look at that listed point would've told you I wasn't talking about feminism or guys calling them that to insult them, but alright~

"If you call confidence and zero tolerance for indecision aggressive... I got news, you don’t want a confident leader." You seem to not be able to tell the difference between confidence and over-compensating assholes. I wonder why that is🤔 Confidence is good. Trying to insult everyone else to make yourself look better is not. It's puny, hilarious (not in the right way😂), and rude. Imagine if you could be confident be without pathetically needing to call everyone else bad names.

"Proud of your work is cool" - Alright then. That's honestly your opinion, I don't think you're wrong about that in the slightest, I'm glad you disputed that with me if that's how you feel👍

There are many forms of dating, and yes, that is one way to know someone. My point was it's not the only way, & more importantly, not the best way. But if that's what you're comfortable with & don't have a problem with, go for it. Just don't bitch about the results (i dont mean just you)

• Anonymous

Nope, I have a healthy view on men, you're the only one here who made it about all-men. There are women AND men who do unattractive things, this MyTake was only talking about the men who do.

I daily talk to my group of friends, lovely men and women, along with my partner and see their success in not doing any of the above.

• DWD94

" I assure you, none of the long-lasting couples I know started with a man going up to women for their looks & started a marathon of asking them out. "

Bullshit. Dating is a number's game. The men that are successful in dating are the ones that approach/message 25-50+ women. Its not something women understand because dating as a guy is WAY different than dating as a woman.

"Showing aggression to other men to assert dominance, or calling other women ugly sluts to compliment the girl you want. "

Being aggressive =/= being a jerk. And most women prefer men that are more aggressive and dominant. You can be both of these things without necessarily being a prick.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

"Its not something women understand" - Considering I was involved in the starting of my relationship process, i know what I'm talking about irregardless of my sex, buddy.
      You are going for a specific kind of woman and consider quantity, not quality (& by quality I don't mean looks, since that is all you'd go for in this department if you're doing the 25-30 women on the street thing). If a guy wants a long-lasting relationship, why did he need to go in the street 25-30 times, mate?😂 Because that process is shopping for women, via quantity. Because only men who don't know women do this. Because there's a serious lack of social awareness of his behalf, which is why so many (not majority) come home to their computers & find themselves on r/incels subreddit.

"being a jerk. And most women prefer men that" - This is a red flag of a statement if/when the woman catches you having. Honestly can't help you until this false mindset is changed.

• DWD94

""being a jerk. And most women prefer men that" - This is a red flag of a statement if/when the woman catches you having. Honestly can't help you until this false mindset is changed."

I never said women prefer men being jerks. I said that being aggressive is not the same thing as being a jerk. You can be aggressive and dominant without necessarily being a prick.

""Its not something women understand" - Considering I was involved in the starting of my relationship process, i know what I'm talking about irregardless of my sex, buddy."

Irregardless isn't a word, and second of all 'buddy', you cannot compare dating as a woman to dating as a man because they are world's apart.

" If a guy wants a long-lasting relationship, why did he need to go in the street 25-30 times, mate?"

Because dating is and has always been a numbers game.

"Because that process is shopping for women, via quantity. Because only men who don't know women do this"

*Sigh* No its because dating is a numbers game. If you go on a dating app and you make a message like "Hi my name is (insert name here)" copy and paste and message to 50+ women, you will get responses. Its not something women understand because women do not have the burden of communication and its not socially required for them to put themselves out there to get dates. Do you realize how many times women get approached when just going about their day? Men do this technique because it works.

"Because that process is shopping for women, via quantity. Because only men who don't know women do this. Because there's a serious lack of social awareness of his behalf, which is why so many (not majority) come home to their computers & find themselves on r/incels subreddit."

Many of the men become incels because they were set up to fail by people giving shitty dating advice.

• DWD94

I'll try to explain this a bit better. When it comes to dating, men have to work twice as hard. The reason we talk to multiple women instead of hyperfocusing on 1 woman instead is because we know that most women already have a bunch of guys that like her.

Think of it like a job application. When you put in a job application, you give it to multiple employers, not just 1 employer.

And when it comes to dating apps, we will message 50+ women because we know if we message just 1 woman, its not guaranteed since most women already get a shit ton of messages on those dating apps.

Like I said though, this is not something women will really get or understand.

• Miss_COLORADO

When they have a girlfriend and say they don’t have to impress them anymore because they’ve already wowed then and already have them. That’s annoying because HECK NO YOU DONT. You better think twice if you think you don’t have to impress me and think you have me. You best “wow” me everyday cause I’m worth it.

• Onidandal

Are you an object? Because that sounds like something that a prize would say, rather than a human being that bonds with another.

• I-C3_ME

First of i wish a good day to u

Ok i don't think I've called another guy "beta", however when i look back a couple years i was "beta" myself, i don't mean it in a bad way it just described me as a person. Then the whole "changed my life around blah blah blah" (we all know the stories) so back to my point, although i don't think alpha & beta are terms to be used to judge, i do think we can use them to describe as in religion u may like some features of a religion but that doesn't mean u hate it.

The other points u have my 100% support, all expect 4 are not "alpha" things to do, the are just "a****ole" things to do. Not 4 because your not hurting anyone & frankly i could care less about the "fitness" of some other guys body

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Thank you, I hope you have a great day too!
      Yeeeah, that's a good point. They're fine terms when you use them for yourself, or if you're using it in a non-judgemental context😊

For sure I understand why 4 isn't quite right for you or others, it's probably the most subjective point here in this list. No harm done, you're right 👌

• Mexicoman101

Number five is dumb but I like the take in general.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Fair enough, what don't you like about 5? :)

• ElvenMr

I don't like number 5 either. I mean okay, you don't just run up to 10 girls, and see who'll go on a date, but you can find great people to date everywhere. You don't have to be working together (bad idea anyway), or be in the same class, or some kind of sport club, or any social group to be allowed to talk to and date others.
      It would be stupid to narrow your chances down that much of finding a good partner.

• Anonymous

@ElvenMr oh I didn't mean it that way, you can of course meet people even that way. But majority of the time, it won't lead to long-lasting or compatible relationships. The most successful relationships tend to be people you already know like at least one little bit in a particular setting, but you actually liked them for who they are, you see which girl ends up doing shit you don't like so you don't pursue them, etc. When you're shopping on the streets you solely have looks to go by, and many of them can be incompatible, taken, not interested, doesn't like handing numbers to strangers, girls who just wanna play but not take you seriously, girls who already have 10 others guys numbers, girls who may be interested but don't end up liking your personality. I think if you ask some long-lasting couples (2-5+ years, you'll see they didn't start on the streets randomly). That's all I meant~

By all means, do so if you want to, but don't expect the best results & feel sad or hatred of yourself or hatred of women, cause there's far better ways & better reflections of people in more natural settings.

• MzAsh

Completely agree. None of these are attractive qualities.

1 likes
  • McKellar

I'm sure there are other guys who don't do any of these at all,... and we are still not going to be attractive to you ladies considering some of us are not your type.

• Anonymous

Women are not just one person who have one type. Lots of guys would always complain that no short guy is gonna be able to have a girlfriend, no matter his personality, but it's simply not true. I myself am living proof of that, there's all these women with all these types. You just haven't encountered enough women in more natural settings, go out, have fun, socialise more with friend groups, aquaintences, parties with plus ones, etc. You'll get there :)

• McKellar

I've done that,... nothing happens.

• Anonymous

It's not a "I've done that once, didn't work". You're missing the point.

• Mollynotgemma

When asked if they’d marry their partner they go... no way!

• serious

Good take!. Well said.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

Thank you! :)

• Idontknow012

I only call beta 1 guy all my life, just because in 1 month he hit 5 girs... 1 week with each, just to try to bang and he bang... the last girl wich was so naive that fall for the trap and was like "he really likes me" lol (even the other girls were like "how she likes him he was saying that to me last week"

when i talk to her and relationships come to the convo i always say how that guy was a beta just bc goes against my morals is desperate moves not to bring attention to myself and she agrees because he left her lol

• Anonymous

Aww I'm so glad you were able to encourage her out of a bad relationship :) I think he would've deserved so many swear words and I would've cheered that on😂 Just be careful because calling a jerk like him a Beta degrades your own image and also affects how you see other guys. Just don't go down that path, it's not worth it~

But no, well done bro 👍

• Price511

This. So much this. Thank you for this take.

2 likes
    • Anonymous

Awww no worries!!

• You're confusing "nice guys" and pretend tough guys with the rest of us

• Anonymous

I certainly am not, I know the majority of people are not like this, thank fuck. This is just for the minority (but still many) people who are this way. No guys in my social circles do this because guys like this tend to find trouble in finding solid groups of people to get along with unless they think like them.

Nowhere in this take do I say, imply or even think that this is a reflection of men.

• Good job I never accused you of that then. Those points you listed off are the bread and butter of nice guys, it's just how it is.

• Anonymous

You said I'm confusing those guys with the rest of guys. But I never did. I referred to some men, and yes, they're still some men despite being nice guys, wannabes, incels, guys who just are inexperienced, etc.

• Kas19

Now the incels are gonna attack you.

1 likes
    • Anonymous

😂😂 Yep, I found one!
      Although so far, there's been responses from mostly smart and respectable guys, even if they disagree a little here or there, so👍

• Kas19

Yeah I saw! It's refreshing to see nice men on here 😂 it's such a rarity.

• Anonymous

Fortunately it's not a rarity for me, I meet majority of great guys :) The off ones just lurk on the internet and make their really presence really loud on it

• SUMAIREBRAHIM

LoL
    And what about bragging 😂😂😂🤣🤣

1 likes
    • Anonymous

That too!😂 I think that's why I'm not fond of the gym pictures, it looks like physical form of bragging haha. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure others like them (as long as they can smile a bit)

• And I thinks guys unusually lie more and speak louder to get attention
      To impress others

• Anonymous

Hmmm I don't really agree with that, I think both sexes have a lot of people that do that. But that's an interesting perspective :)

• sheepdip

Point 4 - I love your take

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Thank you so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed it😁

• Mamamialetmego

I'm a Beta Male 😀 and yes chixk don't like betas.

• Anonymous

Nah, chicks don't like guys who get hooked with "beta" and "alpha" labels.

• Whatever 🙂

• CT_CD

All of these things turn women on

• Anonymous

Yeah, sure thing😂

• I can imagine girls in middle school would find it hot, but older women would find these traits plain childish and unattractive

• incelsr

MGTOW

don't waste my time

1 likes
    • Anonymous

Okay bye :)

• blondfrog

Lol yeah that is a turn off.

2 likes
  • Amnooreen

Amazing! 😁😂

• Youngan

Yeah, men do that.

• Anonymous

Some, definitely not the majority :)

• Youngan

Oh, I don't.

• Anonymous

I know that✌️😊

• Anonymous

"They were all co-workers, knew each other through social groups and once they experienced an intimate/close bond, they THEN started asking each other out."
    But that's impractical. They can't just wait around for that to happen.

"If love is what you want, why would asking out a million pretty girls you don't know be the answer?"
    Because it feels necessary. Because it feel practical.

The take away is that men and women's experience is completely different and you're speaking from what you would like the situation to be as a woman, not what the conditioned experience is as a man.

• Anonymous

Yes, yes you can. Cause you shouldn't be just sitting and waiting for love to come to you. You should be out there, socialising, having fun, prioritising your life and work, and naturally when there comes a time you like someone and they like you back, you start flirting or showing signs of interest in one another.

It feels necessary because that's the only option you're giving yourself. Nobody told you to go shop for women on the streets, it's the one you brought upon yourself.

If that was the take away, then I'd be the one on the streets and a man came to ask me out on the streets. Since you're speaking from the perspective of the man, you'd be asking me out on the street, huh? But that's not the take away, cause if you actually understood, I'd be the one chilling with my friends and you'd be right beside me, playing with my hand & chatting with me near our friends.

• Anonymous

"Yes, yes you can."
      See this is what I'm talking about, you think just "having fun" and whatnot is "just waiting", well that works for you, not for guys and it's because guys aren't "just waiting for something to happen there. It's an active effort to create the opportunities and to seize upon them where you thought it just happen stance. That's the work we do; to make it feel natural. A guy can't just wait for a girl to fall into his lap. When he's interested in meeting some, he is "on". Doesn't matter where you are, even at work, it's not something that just happens; the only way anything happens with any reliability is because he put in the effort to make it so.

"It feels necessary because that's the only option you're giving yourself."
      It feels unnecessary to you because it's not an option you need to consider. You think most guys haven't tried everything at one point or another? It's necessary because girls have told them through conditioning that it's necessary. If a guy goes through life not putting any effort into getting himself into the right places at the right times with the right things to say then it's very realistic to go unnoticed for years. You can wait to get noticed, but it's impractical for a guy, whether it's at work or wherever, he can't just wait.

"If that was the take away, then I'd be the one on the streets and a man came to ask me out on the streets"
      Not sure what you're trying to say here.

" if you actually understood, I'd be the one chilling with my friends and you'd be right beside me, playing with my hand & chatting with me near our friends."
      If you actually understood then you'd know that nothing about that is be just waiting, if that's the situation I'm in then it's because I made active efforts to put myself there and have my game face on and everything else that entails. If you think that "just happens" naturally with any regularity then that's because I've the job effectively to hit all the right notes at all the right timings.

• Anonymous

Guys know that girls don't respond well to just making a hamfisted move too quickly, and so guys learn the need to seize of opportunities to make things happen, more than that, they learn they need to massage the circumstances to *make* opportunities present themselves. They can't wait for the fates to grant them a lottery win.

• Anonymous

If it makes a difference, I dont care for those guys either.. They all can take a flying leap!

2 likes
  • Anonymous

Don’t forget the “men” who claim to be Nice Guys, but aren’t actually nice at all.

• Anonymous

Only incels with no real-life experiences and non-existent social skills say/do these things.. I've never met any guy like that irl..
    Not sure what planet you live on..

3 likes
    • sheepdip

Having seen most of the above behaviour - having even done a bit of it too - I can confirm it is real.

• Anonymous

@sheepdip First of all, you just named at least one subgroup of guys who do this. So definitely the same planet you live on, genius. So you've at very least encountered them on the internet, if not in-person. No need to play dumb to make me look silly.

Second of all, you seem to be implying that these are the only types of guy I believe exist with your absurd planet rhetoric. Does this mytake say anywhere that these types of guys are the majority? That I encounter them on a daily basis, or even a lot? No. So you can relax, I'm in a relationship and share many mutual and personal friends of both sexes. I am no way insinuating that the majority of guys have these characteristics, it's a light mytake of
      subjective unattractive qualities. Women also have unattractive qualities.

• Anonymous

@sheepdip Thank you for you comment. & don't worry, we all are guilty of a little something, both men & women. And we all can keep improving. Something that clearly went over Miss Perfect's head here.

• Anonymous

I don’t care what women find unattractive you women are backwards as fuck and superficial and hypocrites the dumbest thing a man could do is take woman advice on woman

• Anonymous

How many of these applied to you, buddy? I'm not trying to insult these guys, I'm just telling the blunt truth to help. A few looks at Reddit will also tell you this isn't merely just a woman's advice, no decent man tolerates majority of this either.

• Anonymous

Asserting dominance over other dudes. trying to act tougher then what they really are!

4 likes
    • Anonymous

Agreed! Definitely in line with my 3rd listed belief. There's so many great guys out there, pretending to be better than everyone of them is ridiculous and over-compensating.