Confused Af: I Don't Know What To Think... Help?

Something happened today at college which got me like:

Mood :P
Mood :P

In a confused kinda way.

Basically I got to know this kid in one of my classes better today- I haven't talked about this kid before on here, so it's not anyone I talked about previously. To avoid confusion we'll call this kid Y.

It started with Y sitting next to this kid in our class, and at first I couldn't really hear what they were saying and I didn't really care to be honest because I had my earphones in, listening to my playlist- then towards the end of class I turned off my music, and turns out they where having a pretty interesting discussion about the Abrahamic religions.

I didn't really say much I just listened in because it was good to learn from them both, and because the discussion was interesting I ended up sitting with them at the beginning of lunch- but then the discussion ended and the other kid had to go, and it was just me and Y.

I honestly thought he was just gonna up and leave and I was cool with that because I spend my lunchtimes alone anyway watching YouTube- but he didn't. He decided to stay- and I was cool with that as well.

And he started talking to me about his ex girlfriend and how she cheated on him and how it was his first "serious" relationship and I felt bad for him, because he seems like a nice dude- I just told him that I'd never been in a relationship before and some other stuff.

He was like full-on giving me relationship advice and I was like:

"Welllll, I'm not really interested in a relationship right now."

I can't remember what he said to that, but then we got told to move by the teachers for some reason- I don't know why, and we moved anyway and we began talking about politics and stuff and the general election, and global issues and stuff- and we shared a lot of the same views.

I didn't really think much of it, just that he was a nice guy and stuff who liked talking and things. And he was actually getting triggered at some of the issues we were talking about- which was kinda funny, and he apologised but I didn't mind in the slightest.

Then I asked the question:

"So, what kinda movies do you watch and stuff? Do you like Marvel?"

Because if you sit with me a lunch I will ask you that question at some point๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway, he told me he doesn't really watch much movies but he's seen a few Marvel movies here and there.

Obviously, I told him about how much I love Spider-Man and then he asked me:

"Do you want to go watch it?"

He didn't mean then, because we had like half an hour left until class started for us, but sometime. And obviously, I'm not gonna say no to seeing Spider-Man because it's Spider-Man and I had a little bit of hope that it would still be in the cinemas- but it wasn't๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’”

So he said could see something else, on Tuesday after college at the cinema near college- I don't know what we're seeing we'll probably decide on Monday๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

This Is Where Confusion Kicks In.

I hate writing this SO MUCH because it makes me sound cheesy and like I'm reading too much into this- and I usually have a blind spot for this kinda thing- but I just get the feeling that he likes me as in more than a friend kinda way but I don't know.

I mean I told him I didn't have a smartphone because we were talking about social media and stuff, and he was like:

"Oh I have a spare one which I could give you."

And like I don't want it, I'm perfectly fine with the little phone I have- but he pretty much insists I have it, but if he brings it on Monday for me I will politely refuse it because I don't want it lol.

Then I told him on the way to the cinema I'd have to go to the bank to get some money out, so I can pay for my ticket and stuff and he told me that it was fine and that he'd pay for me.

I didn't really know what to say to that again, I don't want to be paid for because it feels like I'm scrounging off of a guy I more or less just met...

Then I told him that I did actually mention him to my best friend I met yesterday- and I just said that I've talked to him about once.

Then he told me that he actually told his aunties about me, and how I walk with a limp and all (kinda stands out lol) and how he said he felt really bad for me, and his aunties were saying that he should talk to me and become my boyfriend basically.

And his response to that was:

"I'm not really sure if she'd see me in that way, she seems really innocent."

And I was like: "yeah I don't want a relationship, right now."

Then he started showing me some of his gym pictures and stuff, and he was like "I look terrible here"

And I replied: "I can't really argue with that" because I couldn't- I'm gonna lie and be like "Oh no you look good there"

Then I was all: "Don't worry I'm bad at taking pictures of myself, and most days I look like trash anyway." But he said he liked my beanie hat.

Then I remember telling him about my old secondary school friends, and how awesome they all are, and how some of them ship me with basically everyone anyway- because he said the minute his auntie sees him with a girl she'll be like 'she's your girlfriend' and I told him how one of my friends thought a guy in a group had a crush on me, (I didn't think he did personally) and I told him how I saw the guy in my friendship group at secondary school more like a brother because he was annoying but in a brotherly way and the Y asked me:

"Am I a brother?"

I didn't really know how to reply to that, because I haven't known him for long enough and I was just like "uhhh... I guess."

And then he looked away, and before he was telling me that he thinks I'm "blessed"๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I didn't wanna be mean to him or anything- but I was just thinking Nah bruh I'm a normal human being not blessed or anything I'm not that lucky lol- see me at the bus stop, then say I'm blessed lol

Then he was telling me how he's never met a girl like me at this college and I was just thinking... Um, I met plenty of people like me, but okay๐Ÿ˜‚ Then he got my number, so he could call me on Tuesday and he followed me on Instagram too. Plus he kept on saying to me: "You never know what the future holds for us"

And he even walked me to class...

I'm getting the kinda vibe he has a crush on me, but maybe I'm reading too much into this- maybe he's just a really nice guy or something I don't fucking know lol๐Ÿ˜‚

But even if he did like me, I don't think I'd like him back because I just don't want a relationship yet- and I'd only really see him as a friend- he's a nice dude sure, but I'm not looking for that right now.

I hope I don't get asked out or anything- because I'd feel bad for rejecting... Lol, I don't know maybe I'm reading too much into this shiz๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

I'm just confused lol๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I have no experience in this kinda thing- so if anyone on here can help me out, give me a proper opinion- that'd be nice๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Anyway bye.

21
7

Most Helpful Guys

• shephardjhon
    Sorry if ristay waley aunties they are are involved then RUN. I know they are HORRIBLE. He may or may not like you but these women are predatory pieces of shit who make every young desi feel horrible about themselves.
    If the "aunties" didn't bring it up then he sounds like a possible wack job for bringing it up to them knowing how they can be and offering you an expensive phone. Not sure if you have seen Shahrukh Khan's 1993 movie Darr but I am getting those vibes.

For non-Desi (Indian/Pakistani/Bengali) people, "ristay waley aunties" are matchmakers not necessarily family that usually mothers of the children either contact themselves or they are the ones who contact the mothers and keep pressurizing them about marriage of their children. If you Westerners think Tinder or Bumble is bad, be glad you don't have to deal with these women.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Nah, it's not a Rishta or anything like that- he just told his aunties about me, and they suggested he should "get" with me.

• gaurwaith
    sorry I couldn't read all of it, not trying to be rude but I'll offer some constructive criticism... learn to become a better conversationalist, get a better vocabulary, stop worrying over unimportant details, and know that generally when guys go on dates or ask people to hangout they do it with a goal in mind, and not to just have fun with a girl they will never see again. men aren't tools to be used to better yourself or make yourself feel better at their expense.
    Is this still revelant?
    • I never said or implied they were tools and chances are we will see each other again, considering we're in the same class.

Most Helpful Girls

• I just read a full blown story 🤣💜 in my opinion it does seem like he really likes you or he sees a future potential relationship with you, but I wouldn't say you should read too much into it, if you want to be his friend then be his friend, if you want more, then be more and if you want less then be less. Just be straight up and honest with him and he should eventually get the picture
    Is this still revelant?
    • Well, once I start I can't stop lol xD

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing just being straight up

• Mickey9999
    Everything you wrote seems to say he like you. Itโ€™s up to you to let thing progress. Just because you donโ€™t want a relationship right now doesnโ€™t mean one wonโ€™t find you. If you like him, and it appears you do, explain your limitations. Set your boundaries. If heโ€™s into you enough he will respect your boundaries and abide by them or he will move on and chuck it up to bad timing
    Is this still revelant?
    • I don't really have feelings back if I'm honest- don't know what that feels like lol xD

But yeah imma deffo set boundaries

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

519
  • Curmudgeon
    "Then I asked the question:

"So, what kinda movies do you watch and stuff? Do you like Marvel?""

When you engage him further, he will get the idea you DO fancy a relationship with him.
    • No, I don't๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚There's something called "friendship" which I wouldn't mind tho๐Ÿ˜‚

• Curmudgeon

Of course you don't, and that is fine. Friendship is magic, as the Bronies would say. :D

However, he DOES fancy something more, and you need to be aware of that.

So when he asks if he is like a brother to you, you should bluntly answer "yes, that's right."

• When he asked me that I didn't really know what to say, because the dude who I said was like a "brother" to me- I'd known him for 5 years- this dude I've known for about a month- I think๐Ÿ˜‚

• OMG he TOTALLY likes you!!

You need to set him straight as soon as possible if you don't like him back.
  • spartan55
    Good lord that's a TON of unnecessary detail... but anyway, just go to the movie and have fun. Guy sounds kind of goofy but see how it goes.
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Sorry?

And yeah I'll try I guess๐Ÿคท๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Ritwik001
    Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc Long live stan lee fuck dc
    • Robertcw

DC was first. Marvel copied DC. Deal with it.

• Stingray444
    Mmm, sounds like someone has a not-so-secret admirer... 😉 😅

You may not wanna be in a relationship with anyone rn, but if you see him as someone you'd like or Could be more than friends with, then just be friends with him for now. When you eventually decide you want a relationship then you've already got a possibility to upgrade a close friend to a boyfriend 😅 😉👍
  • Billy96
    Like l said b4 ur a writer 😉
    It seems like u have never been asked out to a movie b4?
    U seem unsure if u really want to go with him to the movie?
    Just go and see how it goes
    It seems he really likes u and wants u for his possible girlfriend
    I know u said ur not ready 4 a relationship rn so maybe u can be "Just friends" good luck Spider-girl 😹😂😹😂
    • Yes, I would much prefer just friends tbh.

And no I've never been asked to a movie before๐Ÿ˜‚

• Billy96

Oki kool beans ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Snickermarstwix
    Girl, write a book. I mean (I didn't read the full story), you obviously know he likes you. He said he wanted to be your boyfriend but didn't know if you wanted.
    Like, it's not because you're not a confident person that you need to be in a total denial.
  • Edanurus
    Yeah you went on an accidental date and you will probably have to put a pin in it considering you're not interested.

I'm not going to lie its probably going to get awkward. But I don't think advice is going to help you, it's more of a learn by doing sort of thing.
    • Lol "accidental date" just the kinda thing I'd do๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

Yeah I guess I can already sense that awkwardness just looking back at it I feel so awkward lol๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿพโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Edanurus

Hey you're not alone I've been half way through "hanging out" before realising im on a date.

Welcome to the world of dating its awkward and weird and you just kind of have to go with the ups and downs.

• Lol I don't want to be in that "world" right now๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I don't even know why anyone would be interested like all I do is sit alone and read a book or a comic or watch YouTube or something- I'm not exactly "exciting" and I look like I just crawled out of... Somewhere in college lol๐Ÿ˜‚

• Lightningfire
    I think he likes you and it sounds like you like him too but youโ€™re telling yourself that youโ€™re not ready for a relationship 😂😂
  • COMMODOREII
    If that wasn't teen angst i don't know what that was. 😂😂😂 i was swimming in your confusion. Lol what i could tell is you both like each other but you keep telling yourself you aren't ready for a relationship. 😊 great read. Lol
  • I-C3_ME
    Bruh he likes u alright, he literally just gave u a phone (probably so he could contact u) . U say u don't like em in that way so just be careful but firm with em
    • He offered me a phone, but I was like "nah"

• I-C3_ME

And he was like "have it anyways" XD, gotta hand it to em: he is persistent

• I'm not accepting it lol don't want it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Iโ€™m sorry but this is too much to read lmao.

Can you give a more specific story?

Or narrow down the question & situation?
  • BeardMagic
    He made it clear, he's trying to be more than friends, be gentle and say that "an ex appeared and you're working things out" say some white lie like that. If you just say no it will crush him more
    • Yeah, I kinda already told him I've never dated...

• BeardMagic

Well... that one is out of the table then, I wish I could fabricate a harmless excuse but you gave him too much data :(

• I've literally just been saying: "I'm not interested in a relationship right now"

• MannySimms
    Careful! Men are swine. Betcha we both know what he wants.
  • letsfreakinggo
    A hahhah how are you confused he is like all over you 😂😂😂
  • TheRealQuestion2
    Sounds like he wants to get closer to you in case you decide you want a relationship.
  • bulletbob555
    Go to the movie and see how you feel after spending some time with him
  • Sevenpointfive
    everyone here knows he likes you. why wouldn't he
    • ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I mean, I don't see why he would to be honest, I can name about 10 girls who are wayy better than me๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• i don't know? that hair looked pretty good at prom

• sognare555
    100 percent is falling for you. Sorry chicky.
  • NickiB
    He's into you.😊
  • He did ask you out, to the Cinema!
    • Nah, I made it clear that wasn't a date- when I say "ask out" I mean like to be boyfriend girlfriend.

• Curabyron
    He likes you👌
  • Nice take
  • alance99
    He does like you