I read a post on the pros and cons of being a tall girl but I thought I should talk about being a tall guy. I'm 194 cm or 6'4 to be exact. I've been the same height since I was 18 and haven't shrunk at all due to regular exercise and good posture. I was known as the tall guy or Mr 6'4 at my former workplace. I feel I should discuss my experiences below listing the pros and the cons.
The Good Stuff
1. Extroverted: My height matches my extroverted personality. I love talking to people and in social settings people are drawn to me due to my height. Taller men are perceived as more successful and people look to me for advice all the time.
2. Clothes: Despite how hard it can be to find clothes that fit properly when I do find them it's so rewarding. I look fantastic in a suit as well dress shirts and golf shirts suit me well.
3. Easy to spot: People recognize me from a distance and I stand out in a crowd as a result. I'm 215 lbs and have loud footsteps that people can hear from afar.
4. I'm Athletic: My build is an athletic one and combined with my height I Excel at soccer, basketball it's obvious and with running I'm incredibly fast. For fun my friends and I will have foot races and I smoke them. The long legs help a lot even at 61.
5. Big Meals: With my age, weight and level of exercise I'll usually eat up to 3000 calories every day. I really enjoy my giant breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
Things that suck
1. Claustrophobia: I get terrible claustrophobia when walking around urban areas. London is by far the worst on a crowded street. I sometimes bump into people which is embarrassing. I always internally panic in crowds.
2. Cramped Legs: Even after a 30 minute drive or sitting down watching a movie my legs feel horribly cramped. Don't even get me started on airplane seats or long drives.
3. Being a Fetish: When I was a young man in the 1980s women had an absolute obsession with my height. Oftentimes women who dated me weren't even interested in my personality but rather my height. I want to be liked for my personality and intellect rather than height.
Most Helpful Opinions
I'm 6'8 and also workout regularly and the claustrophobia is spot on.
I can't handle crowds and actually have had panic attacks in them before but that's not so much due to size but rather just childhood.
Also I am definitely more of an introvert despite liking people and I'm not really an athletic per say despite working out, I'm a musician and singer and I prefer curling and chess to basketball or any other fucking height-related sport. Fuck I hate being asked that.
I also understand being a fetish but for me I find it's more for my tattoos and leather women instantly assume I'm an easy lay when in reality I'm still waiting for the right girl and it doesn't make me feel very great after.
Also I'd add in: Fitting in cars. Very difficult unless it's a Buick, a Ford or a Dodge. And you either get to have your sports car or you get to have a comfortable car. You do NOT get both. And if you think motorcycles are the way around that... lol. You try riding for an hour on the open road. After 45 minutes your spine is shot and your fucking back HURTS.
I expect I'll pay for that one when I'm your age.
Also the food is a con for me. Man it wasn't till I moved out when I was 22 I learned how fucking expensive I am to feed. I owe my dad for not culling one of us to save money.