Signs He Likes You, Signs He Doesn't

"Does he like me?"

Are you wondering if a certain guy likes you? Here, I will help you answer it once and for all.

First, it's important for you to know that men, even with our best intentions, are not good at expressing how we feel. Leaving you hanging is not always part of the plan...sometimes guys just don't know how to tell you they like you.

Perhaps it's because our parents don't teach us how (obviously our fathers don't know because they are men and our mothers don't know what's really going on in our head because they aren't men), or maybe because everything we see in society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it. It might even be hardwired into our genetics since long ago when we saw something we wanted, we hit it with a club and took it home with us (speaking of which, please don't try this, I wont get into details, but trust me).

Society says guys shouldn't express emotions and feelings and we buy into it.

Whatever the reason is, it comes as no surprise that women are typically clueless about how we feel about them . So I am acting as an ambassador to help decode the signals men send and try to explain how a guy will act if he likes you.

I have talked to a lot of women that have questions about whether or not the guy that they are interested in is interested in them. If this guy looks at me every time I pass him, or "What does it mean when a guy. . ." , or perhaps "This guy asked me for my number, but he hasn't called". Honestly, I could go on for hours about thousands of particular does this guy like me situations. I believe, however, that whether a guy likes you or whether he doesn't can be summed up into just one sign (that has thousands of variations):

It doesn't matter what he is, or is not doing, the important thing is that he is (or isn't) doing it around you.

He is either around you or he isn't.

More than 98% of the time, if a guy likes you, then he is going to be around you. It doesn't matter if he is not talking directly to you or even blatantly ignoring you. Even if he is making fun of you, picking fights or punching you in the arm and then running away. One way or another, no matter what he is doing, he is doing it around you, and I guarantee you, this is true for men of all ages.

This doesn't mean that your interested man is going to be right next to you, or even within a few feet of you. But typically, if he is interested in you, he will find reasons to be close to you, even if that closeness means that he is only able to look at you from across the room.

Signs He Likes You, Signs He Doesn't

If you really think about it, you will see exactly what I mean. What does it mean that every day when I see him in the hall, he looks right at me? That doesn't matter, what matters is that every day he has found a way to pass you in the hall so that he CAN look at you. Why does this guy always make fun of me? Because if he grunted, you would think that he was weird, and he has no other way to tell you that he likes you. But he never says anything to me! I'll bet why that is so frustrating to you is because he is always close enough to say something, but he never does. See what I am talking about?

Ladies, I also think that it's important that you understand that most men, no matter how old we get, never grow out of this. On the flipside of this coin, no matter what a guy is doing, if he is not doing it around you, typically he has no interest in you. Even if what he is doing are exactly like the examples above, if he is not around you more times than not, he probably doesn't have any feelings for you.

Every time I start to get close, he goes somewhere else, or My class is next to his, but I never see him in the hallway, or perhaps a little more extreme I went back to his apartment the next day, and someone else was living there. Just as we have trouble telling someone we do like them, we have the same trouble telling someone we don't. So, instead, we avoid you.

Some might say that we as men are just scared of rejection, and I believe that is true to some degree. But more so, I think that we just have trouble saying what we truly feel, or that we are hoping that if we are around you long enough you will start to understand our language, tell us you like us, and then invite us out to dinner (and if you paid too that would be absolutely super).

Whatever the case may be, the best sign to look for to see if he is interested in you, is if, no matter what foolishness he is doing, he is doing it around you.

Check out more articles and discussion on the most popular question "Does He Like Me?".

11123

Most Helpful Girls

• Yep we know this, nothing is more off putting to be honest, i do not enjoy guys not showing emotions and feelings, it's not the kind of thing i look for in a guy, i'm a sensitive person and if i can't express my feelings with a guy and be open and honest with them without them constantly changing the subject and avoiding anything i say that holds any kind of emotions to it then i'm sorry i'm not interested, this is not the kind of thing anybody wants even in a friend, females have started doing the same thing, they have closed themselves off and whenever i try to talk about something more intellectual that inspires and stirrs up some kind of emotion they shut me down every time, look around in fear of seeming "uncool" and a "freak" then procceed to avoid me... yeh... i don't think anybody wants this.

There is nothing wrong with being open and honest to talking about subjects that inspire or stirr some sort of ffeelings, if this is how it's going to be then i can't see compassion and kindness returning to each other again, it become a big problem a long while ago, so learn to open up, learn to talk again and trust each other, the main problem these days of not showing feeling or emotions is trust issues.

• This article is an excellent resource for a lot of people on the site! "Does he like me" and even "does she like me" are really popular questions. Now people can get a great answer, regardless of the specific situation they are in. Highly recommended read

Most Helpful Guys

• Check if he is showing interest in things you do or talk about. For instance, if you like a kind of music that he likes as well, he might suggest artists you should listen to.

. Look for signs of nervousness like sweaty palms, nervous laughter, deep breaths, fidgeting. These are all signs of an attraction towards you and that he is nervous about making an impression on you.

• In truth, I might look at you during class, then look away, I might try to move away from you if you come towards my grope of friends and so on, usually these are signs of a long list of past rejections, so you might just be totally avoided as not to

start up emotions which would then result in, "The Question".

• This makes me wonder if a boy in my class likes me because my friend was saying the the previous year he asked every girl out and they rejected him. He only stares at me but never talls to me. The other day my friend and were working on a project and he asked her something about the project and I was right there! Do you have an answer because now I'm curious if he's liked me before he knew me!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 109

• This article is amazing - simple and straight to the point. Thank you for the advice! This guy I casually know always went to the place I work, says HI to me and nothing more. He then asked me out to dinner by the end of the week ;).. "now I get it!" lol

• My problem is my interest lives in a different town and we both work and all so we don't see each other but once a month... He is around when I am and all but he makes no effort to come to my town so I can see both from the article... Of course I think he's shy too... So if I can see things from both sides... What does that mean?

• Your article really helped me, Because there is a guy that has been staring at me since the start of the school year and he never says anything to me and whenever he has the chance he usually gets close to me. At homecoming I was waiting to get in with my friend and out of no where he stands right by me and starts looking at me without saying a word. So I am glad there is some insight to this. Thank You : ]

• THIS IS GOOD.

OMG

The question "Does he like me?" "Does he like me or not?" "Are we more than friends?"

from persons on this site is just getting boring..! People need to read this article.

• Okay, so I have a question (ps. I really think this is a good article)

What if we don't see each other often and don't go to the same school? I mean, we've hung out a few times and we were sort of always around each other then, but we haven't hung out much since then. I thought it was going well, but he's shy, and so am I. Is it completely platonic? I can't tell. I'd really appreciate if you'd respond to this! Thanks.

• I like this guy in my class and one of my friends told him through text and then he said to her who are you and pretended he didn't know her or me and then whemever im in class he either asks who i am or my friends will ask do you know who she is and he says no and then they say my name. Also today i got one of my friends to ask if he likes me but like not ask to make it obvious and he didn't really answer all he did was shrug and continue to look at his phone. :/ please help.

• So I text him, he texts me back, but nothing lengthy. But he does answer. When I see him, he talks to me, looks me in the eyes. Sometimes doesn't look at me, quiet, mostly ignores me, but doesn't move away. I think he has feelings for me, but confusing actions, hot then cold. He knows I like him. But how he feels is a mystery, am I a friend, or more, or nothing?

• He never texts me first, so I always text him first and I can't tell if he's intrested. I tried waiting a day bit he didn't text me that day. And he is the one who told me to text him, and he told one of my friends before we started texting he wasn't good at talking to girls. But when we were suppose to hangout with like a group he bailed. I try to ignore him but I just lose it every Time I see him, I just see his face and bam I'm losing it.

• I have this guy friend who wants to be with me like 24 hours. lol. JK. I mean he is always around me, breakfast, lunch, dinner, always wants to be with me, going to cinema, doing some school paper with me, until i did feel some feeling growing for him, but nope turns out he just feel comfortable with me as a friend. i got friendzoned, Kaboom !

• I work with the guy I think likes me.However, most of the time there's not an opportunity to be in range of me or him, because we work in a busy store, and we bag on whatever stations need bagging.I don't have his number nor does he have mine however Sunday during break.He brought up dinner in a round about way, I didn't respond because I didn't know how to lol, wasn't sure if he was trying to see if I liked him or he truly was interested or both.

• This guy called me during the middle of the night I answertes the phone thinking some one had died or something. It was a co-worker of mine, he wanted to go over some paper work with me when he realized that I heoke me up he stated he would talk to me on Monday. Does mhe like me?

• Need to be detailed about "But he never says anything to me!" and how should a girl approach this situation.

• so there's this boy and he was going out with my best friend and one of my friends told him about me having a crush on him because i felt sick that i couldnt tell him how i felt and he dumped her for me and him and my best friend have veen broken up for like 5 days and he still hasn't asked me out so does that mean he likes me? And when he speaks to me he speaks right close to my face and sometimes I think he leans in

• There is a guy in my class.. actually a topper.. I onced text him on fb asking about studies... he respond to me and asked me to give pics of me.. nd said to trust him but I ignored... he blocked me on facebook... nd whenever I passed around him in university he keeps on staring at me? Wht u thing is the problem with him

• And you thought women were complicated. What if he is always around you but avoids eye contact when you are near, or like flirts with other women near you. There's a million questions running through my head.

• I used to date this boy a year and a half ago when we were in the 10th and 11th grade. We are now in the 12th and still attend the same school. Our 10th grade year we were always around each other and always over each other's house and went out on dates and spent almost everyday after school together. Then are 11th grade year we started having problems bc of my accusing then we ended up breaking up.

• I meet this guy about once a week just to hang out and he's always checking me out and doing me favours and were quite flirty but I know what type of guy he is although he's a sweet guy(to me anyway) he's always got different girls whos he's NEVER serious with and I don't want to ruin the relationship that we have and there's also another guy involved who I reallly like but I'm not as physically attracted to him as I am to the first one and he just asked me out, I don't know what to do

• wll, I am so frustrated with this guy, I don't even know why! we actually take 4th period together which is our English, he can't stop teasing me and sometimes he comes and sits in front of me and stare right in front of my face. he has a friend who is also my friend, that is where I knew him more. but I never knew if he likes me or not. I thought 'wow' did I just impress him with my personalities. now I feel so awkward being around him. am I the one making him like me?

• Okay, he was behind me. I was talking to one of my friends but the friend I was leaving with was trying to get my attention. That friend ask this guy for help to get my attention. So, he put his hand onmy shoulder and said my name. Feeling his hand from behind felt intimate to me but what do you think?

• This article actually does help. my crush lives 2 hours away (we just met online) and had a GREAT date but I did not hear back for 4 days post-date. so I called him and left a message. he called me RIGHT BACK and is finding some excuse to come to my race this weekend - which is right near his home. he also said I could borrow his $$ gear (i said no) but I said i'd take him up on getting me a discount on a new bike this august. but so far, he does not call me. would rather I call him. sorta weird

• I have a guy who i met a few years ago an he instantly was interested in me. I wasn't at first but after we tried dating. it didn't work out.. We have been friends on and off for the past 3 years , i was in love with him for about a year, then when i told him my feelings he was cold about it and we didn't talk for about 8 months, i finally got over him after a while. Now were friends again and im starting to like him again, but he's still mean at some points.. Please help:(

• Actually I have the same question of sparklenshine... what happens when you are friends? I mean, it is ussual to hang around with him, but he is behaving different to my other male friends... but then he's the closest to me... hum... what do you think of the friend-love situation?

• If he has no feelings for you whatsoever, then would he avoid you completely? I ask because a sorta-ex still invites me to his social gatherings, which I feel is a sign as there shouldn't be any reason for him to feel forced to do so, but what confuses me is that he does not see me very frequently and neither am I ever alone with him. We always meet around other people as I have just mentioned.. help please?

• I like this guy and I thought he liked me. We went to a party and we got together there! It was nothing extreme, we just kissed and stuff but the day after he didn't talk to me and I haven't heard anything from him since! Before the party we were always together and he's one of my closest friends. I've like him for a year now and I have no idea what to do! He's sending me so many mixed signals, my heads about to explode! I don't think I have the guts to tell him how I feel! What should I do?

• i took this guy to a basketball game, he seemed to like me, text me and even stayed over the night of the game (no sex though) then after about a few weeks of me always striking convo he just stopped responding. . confused cause he said he is cool with chilling and being friends but never asks me out and now will not respond to text. hmmm confused!

• i have a guy friend how is sending me defferent sings I don't know how he feels about me some times I feel like he likes me sometimes I feel like he hates me and sometimes I feel like he thinks of me a really good friend teases me makes fun of me calls me by a nickname but not a nice one he brags in front of me and tells me how awesome he is and how he is a player that girls go crazy four him but he tells me that he dose not cheat on them he flirts with other girls in front of me and tells me

• this guy who likes me is really weird,like one day at lunch me and my bff were eating lunch across from the guy who likes me and they were like arguing(in a good way not a bad way)and sam (or patrick)sed LUCAS LIKE YOU!,and then me and my bff looked at each other and sed EWW and like ever since he's been all like you know.

• i meet this guy about 3 times a week , I always catch him looking at me, and he's always tryig to see me without making me notice it(like he turn his head over me in the bus ,he always does it!).he's shy because we talked many times and he rarely look at me in the eyes.i'm loosing my mind! what's behind his looks? once he kept looking and looking till I got so shy and nervous ah! and he smiles when we meet... any tips guys pllllz!

• Does he like me? is he interested?

we keep having eye contact every day. we go to the same college and everyday we have eye contact. he gives me butterflies and sometimes he goes a bit blushed. then yesterday he saw me and beeped, he pulled over and asked if I needed a lift as I was walking. I said yeah, but then it was akward nothing more then hey , bye and listening to music. but every time I text him there's no reply. does ignorance mean rejection? please help tell me what you think xx

• OK this was kind-of helpful... but what if he's told you he likes you but isn't always around? I like this guy and I told him how I felt and he said he really liked me too but didn't think we had much in common so he didn't know what could happen. What does that mean? Does it mean that he likes me but he isn't planning on doing anything about it, or that he doesn't like me and just couldn't find a polite way to say it so he pretended he did and then made up an excuse?

• Show more from Girls
    79

What Guys Said 21

• Very well put Genesis5. Something else I have done in the past in addition to all those you said above is that I would do things around her friends or people who I know she would hear from, even when I wasn't around her.

• I've seen some pretty wacky things women think are signs that a guy likes them. They tend to over-analyze us. This guy is 100 percent correct regardless of if the guy is an aggressive smooth talker or a quiet/shy type.

• Only two signs a guy gives a girl one in an erection and the other is he says he likes you.. Guys don't do any other signs than that. Girls have 1000's of ways to say they are interested in a guy and about 0.0001% of the guys pick up on them.

• Everyone has thousands of ways, Doesn’t mean they are aware of it.

• Is this take ok... people say it misleads you and people think you are jerks

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a8164-3-ways-to-get-a-girl-s-attention

• Im a guy and this girl is allways around me and I fell for her and I read this article and I notice I'm like that I always want to be around her and I've been doing this and she hasn't notice and I give her common sense signs to leave our friends to go alone but she understand she took it to the next level were she will bring more guys to get me jelouse what type of methods can I use to actually get in a relatinship together??

Anyone??

• ^^^ dude im a girl and im telling you, this girl DEFINITELY noticed she just isn't showing it. and if she brings more guy friends then that mean she wants to see if you're jealous. and if you ask me then this chick already knows you like her and is trying to confirm it. but if you want ways then talk to her, ask her for her number, interact with her, be playful, smile, laugh, talk to people, make eye contact with her, and be nice.

• K so...other day my crush found out I liked him....he was very suprised and seemed satisfied....next day...he was standoffish tho...and he's usually hyper and loud and stuff and he stayed alone and was very quiet and avoided me like no other. now reading your page....i'd say he doesn't know how to tell me he doesn't like me...? idk. what do you think...

• How right you are!! A lot of girls asked me how to tell if a guy likes them, this really sums it all up - if he's around you, he likes you. Nice and simple. Very well written!

• Exactly right - the simplest and easiest signal out there.

• Excellent point that it boils down to how much time he spends around her. I've made this clear numerous times.

• Men can, and do, express their emotions in a perfectly sensible way.

Trouble is that women don't listen...

• That's very true. Now I'm curious to know what is the equivalent rule for girls in this case?

• This article is excellent and will help many yo start a relationship.

• Fantastic take things can work out if its long distance but you have to put the work in

• Please help me with my latest question. I neeed opinions , especially someone like you :-)

• Makes sense. Good post.

• Good take - Well thought out

• Seems about right.

• PREACH!!!

• Smarter guys will know when to play scarce.

I went to church for the first time in months last night. I’m going there for personal issues but I happened to see a very attractive woman sitting in front of me by herself. I didn’t see any rings on her fingers.

Well there was an empty seat next to her but it was obvious she wanted her space. Then some random guy came late and sat right next to her. She actually scooted a few inches away from him and I can tell she was uncomfortable with his presence.

Anyway I had to use the bathroom when service was over and I didn’t see her again. But i plan on going again next week at the same time. If she’s there I’ll introduce myself. Again this is church, not a bar. But I want to find a decent woman for once.

• Yes, I see...

• Decent take