Drunk goodnight texts? Why?

So one of my close guy friends has recently started sending me texts when drunk.. I go to bed early ish.. Anyway, he would text me stuff like: good night.. you're the best person I know.. wish I was half as good as you
What does this all mean? Why does he do that?
I do like him.. but I'm always like you're the brother I never had blah blah because ge has a gf but he's recently fallen out of love with her. Also, he didn't tell me this but a friend of mine and his did.. she told they're going to break up soon. It's weird that he always tell me stuff but didn't tell me about this..
His gf is visiting this weekend and I'm not there.. ugh
Ladies and Gentlemen HE IS OFICIALLY SINGLE NOWW!! *dancing*

210

Most Helpful Girl

• I have guy friends who have/do fancy me, say stuff like that but it can be taken as completely platonic. If a female friend sent you that, you wouldn't think anything of it. It sounds like he thinks very highly of you and is possibly insecure about himself. Don't read into it too much because you like him. Let him show how he feels about you, himself. If he leaves his girlfriend, DO NOT date him soon after, you would only be a rebound for him and you'd be setting yourself up for disaster, not a long lasting relationship.