Why is jealousy unattractive in a guy?

I've noticed that it seems jealousy, while it can be unattractive in both sexes, is more unattractive when a guy does it. What uniquely makes male jealousy, even in small, benign amounts, such a turn off?

Why is jealousy unattractive in a guy?
Why is jealousy unattractive in a guy?
  • It just makes me feel unsafe
  • It makes me think less of him, because he thinks less of himself
  • I'm afraid he'll fight over me and/or ruin my friendships
    Vote C
  • It makes him less stoic and masculine
    Vote D
  • I don't find it unattractive
    Vote E
  • Other (explain, you know the drill)
    Vote F
  • Results
    Vote G
5d
Let's say you are on a date and tell your boyfriend about a new best friend you have. It's a male you work with at a job you started a few months ago. He'd heard you mention him more than a few times on dates and on the phone, but just didn't who exactly he was or what he means to you. So then your boyfriend feels a bit jealous. He makes a playfully sarcastic and competitive, but self deprecating joke in relation to your best friend. How would you rate his unattractiveness in that moment?
5d
didn't *know* who exactly he was

239

Most Helpful Girl

• Jealousy is good... it means they actually like you and scared to lose you..

Lack of jealousy does not mean trust.. when there’s no jealousy at all, that’s when you should worry... they might not even care about you...

Of course there’s always excessive jealousy, which can be dangerous... that type of relationship should end as soon as you notice any signs of wanting to own you and such... it’s not a sign of care, or love but rather obsession and mentally ill that can end up in death. Scary,

But anyway, jealousy in itself is not unattractive.. unless they over do it like I said lack off or too much.

• 4d

As far as your update...
      there is absolutely no reason for anybody in a serious relationship to suddenly make a me best friend if the opposite sex... for me, finding out that my boyfriend has recently became “best friends” with some random chick that he works with or whatever, I don’t care what he thinks if it’s unattractive of me being jealous or not, it’s over. I don’t have time for that bullshit. Jealousy games and so on. No thanks! Same the other way around... no need for a girl to suddenly become best friends with a guy at work... I’d suggest to the boyfriend to drop her ass. it’s stupid.