Guy friend asking a "hypothetical what if" about dating?

I have a boyfriend and love him lots. But my brother and my boyfriend pointed out that I've been calling my guy friend Simon too often. Which I suppose makes sense, so I've been reflecting on it. Simon and I have known each other for 6 years. He regularly video calls me around midnight or later (which I'm OK with since I have insomnia). We just study, sometimes chat, usually silent over call.

Guy friend asking a hypothetical what if about dating?

As you see in the text, he admits he was flirting. And then later, denies that he ever flirted with me...

Somewhere along the way, he dropped a "you're attractive, you have your own personality". But I assume it wasn't genuine, since he seemed to be comforting me when I mentioned feeling insecure.

After some more talking, I told him I had to go. It was late, I had to sleep. Then he threw such a curveball question at me. It shocked me a lot. I don't understand why he would ask that. I know Simon mentioned this other girl and how he watches himself around her.

Overall, it was worrying because I crashed over at their apartment (a bunch of old classmates). Despite never talking to Simon or me gossiping about our past, my girl friend Anna made a side comment about him. After a few days of partying and sleeping, Anna said "I hope you don't mind me asking but... Simon seems to care about you a lot. He kept turning back to ask about you. Is there history?"

I guess... Simon decided to deny flirting (even though he said he did) because he remembered I've been with my boyfriend for a few years. But I'm not really sure what to do for the friendship besides pretending nothing's wrong? Overall I just hope this was a fun story and read for someone on this forum haha

Updates
22 d
* side note: when I mentioned the flirting, it was a few years back before I started dating my boyfriend. Simon doesn't flirt anymore. But that's why I mentioned that my friend noticed he seems to still care about me a lot.

I did tell Simon that we need more boundaries and to keep it PC between us.
Post Opinion