Why would my ex secretly watch me from the "shadows" at the gym but hide like I didn't know he was there and then watch me walk out and drive away?

I was working out and I would see him watching meout of the corner of my eye, walk away from watching me but avoid me and almost hide behind equiptment. Then I get done and leave down the stairs, as I am sitting in my car turning it on, putting my head phones away I look up and see him wathcing me out the window all the way even as I drove off. He must have seen me leave because he was all the way across the weights floor from the window when I left. We didn't have a bad ending, he is moving for work in a different state. Just super odd. He did ask if I could be friends with him and not hate him. But he ignores me? Puzzled

Post Opinion