I don't like to write a lot, so I will make it short, I still want to share my stance on this topic.
Many people, men and women, don't like muscular women, and it's okay, their preference. But don't tell others what to do with their body nor insulting them.
As an athlete myself, I like muscular women for several reasons:
- They are dedicated, achieving a difficult goal, any goal, is great.
- They are healthy and energetic and value the aspects. They treat their body better. A temple.
- It's a common interest, work out together.
- The sex is better, more libido and endurance.
- The aesthetics are beautiful to me.
Don't be afraid to achieve your goals just due to some people who don't understand the athleticism. If you want to build muscle, it's all good.
This process will come with some insecurities that I will debunk:
- "I won't have tits", so? Small tits are not less beautiful nor less feminine.
- "I am gaining weight" well yeah, muscle mass, and even if some is fat tissue, it's fine.
- "I will look different", if you like it, go for it, so what?
- "People will comment and judge", they do so anyways, just ignore them, it's their insecurities, not yours.
- "I can't see results", relax, it takes time, or maybe change your diet and workout routine.
- "I want to build muscle, but I afraid I will get too big", this one is common in most people who begin to exercise, to get enormous huge with shredded body very hard, exercising won't probably get you there, unless you commit 100% on it and increasing intensity frequently. You can get stronger easier and get some muscles, but it is another level to look like a bodybuilder.
And remember, you do it for yourself, not others. Show confidence and people will follow you and respect you, not just on this topic, but in general.