Is it possible that a person be skinny yet have a protruding belly?

Past few months my schedule has been really messed up. I miss my lunch quite often (almost 3-4 days a week). Sometimes I return home by 5 or 6 and have lunch that late.
Since I skip lunch most days, I eat other substitutes to keep myself fed... which mostly includes fast food and junk food.

Now, I have a lean stature. I'm 5'7" weighing 53.3 kgs (which is underweight πŸ˜…). What bothers me now is that eating fast food on a regular basis might affect my health:
1. I wonder if all of those will help me gain mass
2. But what bothers me is... what if I stay lean and lanky... with all the fat being concentrated under my tummy 🀣

Also... my exercise schedule isn't regular either πŸ˜…Is it possible that a person be skinny yet have a protruding belly?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. I'm technically pretty underweight, yet my stomach doesn't look flat due to an anterior pelvic tilt and other health reasons.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible yes, for many reasons. A protruding belly is often a sign of malnutrition.

It could also have to do with weak muscles on the inside of the abdomen. Often even guys who weight training have this, because they train the abs for example but they don't realise that there's a layer of muscle behind that. What these muscles do is bring in the stomach like this:

Is it possible that a person be skinny yet have a protruding belly?

In fact in order to strength those muscles you have to use a "stomach vacuum" exercise where you do exactly that and hold it for 10 seconds at a time and let it go repeatedly.

It can also have to do with fat build-up. Fat can also build up both on the outside and the inside of this muscular wall. If you have low testosterone, which is you don't exercise, don't eat enough, and only eat junk food you very likely do have low testosterone levels, most of your fat will gather there.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• Yep I've got ulcerative colitis and at times I have looked 6 months pregnant.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s definitely possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bloating.

1|2
    0|0
  • Good

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm sort of not really skinny but still fat

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Dude this is soooooo wrong...
    Man you need to have some snacks, and you need to workout
    Body fat distribution depends on the body, as for me it is really good in my case.
    But some people gain it in the belly or the legs most.
    Now I ask you to have snacks instead of junk food... So if you need help I am here for you

0|1
    0|0
  • It's probably not a good thing if you have a big belly and your skinny

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, could be a sign of malnutrition.

1|1
    0|1
  • Yeah, it's called skinny fat

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah. that is called skinny fat.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, you can do stomach vacuum exercises for that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, it’s known as skinny fat. You should eat cleaner and start to eat more protein to gain mass and lift weights

2|1
    0|0
    • It's not possible for now... either fast food or no food πŸ˜…
      I could try and be regular with my workout routine to compensate the junk food

• Show All
    • Do they sell salads?

• No 😞 but I do bring a some cucumbers from my home... cause I don't like oily food much

Recommended myTakes