My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

SydneySentinel

I'm kind of lame about Christmas movies and I haven't watched anything new in years. I don't know why, I just don't have a lot of interest in the cheesy Hallmark ones that my sister tries to get me to watch! I think I've been a Christmas curmudgeon for a while, which is something I know that I need to work on. Anyway, here are my favorites:

1. Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas (1977)

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

This is a story about a poor otter family and Emmet, who wants to win first prize in the talent show. I have been watching this movie with my family since I was a toddler. It's really old and you can see the strings from the puppetry but it makes it really funny. It's really not the greatest movie but it's a favorite of mine for nostalgia's sake. I'll keep watching it every year.

2. Home Alone (1990)

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

This movie is just brilliant. Marv and Larry are the best crooks and it's hilarious to me to see them get outsmarted by the foul-mouthed Kevin. I think I started quoting Kevin when I was 8 or so, "I'm down here, you big horse's ass!" I had to hide the Home Alone series because my daughter wants to watch them year round.

3. Die Hard (1988)

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

John McClane chain smokes and crawls through ceiling vents while kicking some terrorist a$$. Yippee-Ki-Yay! Plus, Hans Gruber is such an awesome villain. My family has watched this movie every Christmas since I can remember. I can't wait to show my daughter when the time is right.

4. Elf (2003)

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

A man raised as an elf heads to New York to find his dad, James Caan (haha). I know people either love or hate Will Farrell but he is hilarious in this role.

5. Love, Actually (2003)

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies

Follows eight couples during Christmas time in London. It's both sad and hilarious. I don't want to say anything more that might spoil it for those who haven't seen it. I haven't watched it in probably 5 years or so. I think I'll watch it again tonight.

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies
24
11
11Girl Opinion
24Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girls

• midnightmoon05
    1. Polar Express
    2. It's a Beautiful Life - my all time favorite
    3. Miracle on #4th St.
    4. Rudolph Red Nose
    5. Elf
    6. Home Alone
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • blueebirds
    Love actually for sure😍
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• coachTanthony
    I agree with 4 out of 5 to be my favorites too! I am not sure I have ever seen your first choice so I guess I am biased here!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • ChiTown33
    Agrre with #1. Big up to the Riverbottom Nightmare Band!
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • I have never met another person who has seen it!

• I challenge you.
      But I've never seen you write a mytake... lol

• ChiTown33

Seriously? That was a Christmas staple in my house whwn i was growing up.
      Yeah i don't write MyTakes. I tried once it fell horribly on it's face. Haven't tried since.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

922
  • Jjpayne
    Omg i love all of these!! On Netflix they have the making of home alone and die hard" they are pretty cool to watch, especially if you are a fan of the film's. Can you nominate some people to do another one. You can tag them here with a message...
    Like 1 Person
  • Miristheiss
    Mine are
    1 It's a Wonderful Life
    2 Home Alone
    3 Elf
    4 Christmas Vacation
    5 Daddy's Home 2
    Like 1 Person
  • UtwoMe
    I get Home alone (all of them) and Elf for sure. I don't know Emmet Otters, so that's one for this year 😋

But where the hell are the Muppets, Gremlins, Bad Santa, A nightmare before Christmas, the Grinch and the Polar Express for example? 😜
    Like 1 Person
    • Those are good too minus polar express. These are just my favorites.

• ZeussLightningBolt
    "Die Hard" is NOT a fucking Christmas movie. It's an action movie that happens to be set during Christmas time
    LikeDisagree 5 People
    • Agape93

Hohoho motherfucker πŸŽ„ πŸŽ…

• It IS a Christmas movie and it IS set during Christmas time and it IS a Christmas tradition for my family to watch it.

Booo you!

• Please tell me why it isn't a Christmas movie?

• ariadneR
    I love live live live actually, and I've never seen elf
    Like 1 Person
  • legalboxers
    Die Hard of course!!
    1- Its a Wonderful Life (Im beyond drunk by then and crying)
    2-A Charlie Brown Christmas
    3-White Christmas
    4 -Santa Clause is coming to Town
    5 - Rudolph the Red nose Reineer
    Like 3 People
  • talloak
    No one mentioned "Miracle on 34th St"? Natalie Wood is the all-time best child actor in that one. Best Santa of any movie too.
    Like 2 People
  • OfDeath
    I like National Lampoon's Christmas vacation.
    The Ice Harvest
    Scrooged
    Jingle all the way
    Home alone 2
    Like 4 People
  • Billneidrich77
    Polar Express, home alone1-3, a Christmas story, die hard, and it's a wonderful Life.
    Like 2 People
    • zagor

I hated Polar Express. I know it's a kids movie, but geez, these idiots do the run every year and they can't even run the fucking train without constant mishaps? And why do would the train have a waiter for every single kid?

• It's a KID'S movie

• @zagor I hated Polar Express too. But for me , it's the creepy animation. I don't like how everything looks. Unappealing to my eyes.

• BlackRoseFairy
    Love actually! I was looking for that movie the past few days... ❀️
    Like 1 Person
  • Rai_Sen
    I guess n. o. 2 is the best. Home Alone. All the movies of this series are funny specially the first 3 of them
  • backdoorman
    I'm the same, not a fan of the cheesy stuff. My favorite is The Ref, 1994 with Kevin Spacey, Denis Leary and Judy Davis. Not your typical Christmas movie but it's fucking hilarious.
  • AndrewMG
    I love Elf probably more than any other Christmas movie, But a Wonderful life beats all!
    Like 1 Person
  • yeolsb
    Haven’t seen the first one , but I hate love actually 😹😹 srry, others are my favs too 👍🏻💗🎄
    Like 1 Person
  • taco_truck
    Lotr is my all time favorite Christmas movie cause all the elves
    Like 1 Person
  • tolercrt
    1 prancer
    2 Rudolph
    3 santa clause is comming to town.
    4 Home alone 1 and 2
    5 Grinch
    Like 1 Person
    • GDG44

Yes to the animated shows, but are they really movies? I have to go with It's a Wonderful Life too.

• JohnO45
    It's a wonderful life is my favorite Christmas movie.
    Like 1 Person
  • nicholas28980
    i love Christmas vacation charlie browns Christmas home alone 1 and 2 bad santa 1 and 2
    Like 1 Person
  • lesleyl03
    Home Alone is my favourite of all time followed by the second one
  • DashboardLight
    Die Hard... ladies and gents, here we have a woman with good movie standards.
  • Show More (11)