4 Reasons Why We Should All Strive For Ugliness

Here are 4 reasons why we should all strive for ugliness.

1. Ugliness is low-maintenance.

Applying make-up every morning and taking it off every night take up way too much time and meticulousness. The morning hour is usually very tight for many people, because they have to rush to work or school. So, why should you spend the hour on something that will only make you attractive during the day and will be taken off by nightfall?

2. Ugliness is stress-free.

There are always going to be people who hate you or persecute you. You can't please everybody. If you do attempt to please everybody, then you please nobody, because everybody has a different opinion about what you should do.

3. Ugliness is safer.

Make-up and beauty products are often loaded with toxic chemicals. It is possible to find higher-quality, safer beauty products, but that requires careful reading of the labels and knowledge of toxic chemicals. If you buy a random piece of beauty product without caring at all about the ingredients, then you may do yourself more harm than good in the long run. Not to mention, the cost of buying better-quality beauty products.

4. Ugliness is cheap.

Beauty and fashion trends come and go. Basically, you are spending so much money on beauty products and clothes that you will just discard because of the expiration date or outdated style. If you want cheap, then just a pair of hand-me-down clothes from your older same-gender relative would work.

914

Most Helpful Guy

• I do understand for the first time what this online dating is all about but, for much different reasons. I never had any idea what some guys send you women. Up until my long time (40+ years) friend told me she gets 50+ hits on her profile each day but, ... I said fuck, that's great as I dont get 50 a week. Recently I'm at her place and she calls to the computer screen and there's a guy on there with his inchworm between his fingers, WTF! I snapped at my friend. She told me theirs 28 out of 52 like that & that's from today only. With me I specifically say where I'm located yet I get emails from the east coast. I'm on the extreme west coast. I dont want a woman to get up and relocate here. Worse case scenario we dont click, she knows nobody out here and? I'd feel responsible for her well being yet I've got my own... I have been having real good conversation with a particular woman but, its from 1780 miles away. But this is at a time I may want to escape the insanely liberal state I'm living in and was born in some 50ish something years ago...

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I feel this is just one of those things where you want to encourage everyone else to be ugly so that you could look better by comparison.

Join the discussion

813
  • I disagree with this assertion, I think making an effort to look good has tangible benefits to you life both in and outside the dating world. For instance it can improve your self esteem to look in the mirror and like what you see, it know it works for me anyway. Not to mention looking your best sand presenting yourself well helps your career

• Worst Take I've read, sorry.

Pointless, futile and irrelevant.
    Not true for its most parts, and if you dont see where its not true, im surely not gonna elaborate.

This is great for a slogan. Not a real way to live.
    But nice try, and respect for the effort and spare time given.

• So apart from the title, what exactly is so bad about saving time, not caring what other people think, not using unnatural products, and re-using perfectly okay resources and saving money?

• And what is a wrangling lol :)

• @Tomblebee
      Means quarreling and arguing..
      And its unfortunate since I can't stay focus, even to notice that you aren't the one responsible for this Take.. /:

• Um no. Why would you intentionally want to look horrible? That means you have no self respect. You can continue looking ugly while I strut my stuff. Just because I decide to look good doesn't mean anything. It means confidence and self love ❤️

• So basically you want us to all be virgins who will be so unnatractive that no member of the opposite sex wIll ever be intrested in us?
    Good theory. .. but I'm already by nature so I don't have to try to be ugly

• but you don't want to look messy. you don't have to look beautiful, but i feel like you should at least look presentable and confident with yourself.

• Striving to be ugly; which is a very fluid term, is not the same as making sensible economic life decisions on how to use you're limited resources of time and money?

• That's stupid, you don't become ugly, you are, or you're not. Do you think we ugly people wouldn't like to be hot and pretty? Do you think we enjoy having a mess instead of a face?
    That is not a quality, we're ugly and it's annoying.

• You're simply blinded the fact that looking polished requires money. All you need to some self-love and giving time to yourself. It's not that expensive.

• Why would someone choose to be ugly unless they have severe mental issues or a deeply depressed? They wouldn't. Why do you associate no makeup as being ugly?

• lol, never worn makeup in my life, for some of those reasons, it's expensive, and time cinsuming

• How abot NO! ...
    1. Makeup won't turn a 5 into a 10...
    2. Ugliness is not stress free, you stress about loneliness whan you are ugly. thanks to which you overeat and increase your chances for a heart attack.
    3. The only way ugliness is safer is that it decreases your chances of getting raped which are really slim in the first place.
    4. Ugliness is not cheap, even ugly people like to look nice and buy something new every now and than.

You are wrong on so many lvls that it makes my brain hurt.

• Not to mention, when someone loves, you know they love you for who you are.

• Gawdy make up would be better if you want to look ugly.

• Its actually NOT ugly to wear make up.
    Women assume that make up makes them more sexier, to the contrary.
    When I was growing up, there was more attractive women as women & the girls mocking these women 30 years ago were all more attractive as back then people less kept up after the Jones' less than now a days as most to all women want to mock somebody thinking that is what makes a girl sexy.

But actually, women look like whores when they wear it and that also counts for cosmetic surgery and wonder why they are treated like one.
    But truth is that women spend time in the morning "getting sexy" to go to work.
    Then when their objective is meet, they get mad and want equality.
    As a man, so do I. And I wish I could be a woman as life is way easier as a woman.

• You can look just fine with no makeup, messy hair, not showing for a day or two, etc.

• A girl should just stay the way she is as soon as her guy tells her how beautiful she is.

• I still feel like i have to wear it to feel put together or for men

• I agree with all but #2

• Interesting take thanks

• so this article suggests that makeup=beauty
    and no makeup=ugliness

Bull s hit. If that was the case we would all turn into Angelina Jolies by wearing makeup. I agree that makeup products contain a lot of dangerous chemicals. Also wearing tons of makeup everyday it clogs your pores. It's better to invest in skincare, wear your sunscreen and minimum makeup (just a mascara and lipstick)

• I look great and it's low maintenance. If you have a good diet, exercise, consume enough collagen, and use coconut oil all over, your skin looks great. It's the same with hair.

Avoid all commercial products, use natural ones with essential oils like rosemary, thyme, cedar-wood, and magnesium oil too. Coconut oil massaged into the hair and scalp also does wonders. All I consider to be low maintenance and can be done in 5 minutes. Using fractionated coconut oil is more convenient.

I guess it doesn't work that way for most women due to them falling into the makeup scam... convince women they need it... use it for long enough and it clogs your pores so you will need it anyway..

Someone asked me what was wrong with my skin once... because it felt so soft...