Western Australia, a place I call home. 💙 I'm an adventurous person and am always on the look out for new places to go to. Recently, I've been on a roadtrip around Western Australia and I've gathered a few places that, in my opinion, is worth visiting.
Here are a few places that is worth going to when you're in Western Australia.
1. Wave Rock
• Wave Rock is a natural rock formation that is shaped like a tall breaking ocean waves and it has cultural significance to the Aborigines.
Wave Rock Rd, Hyden WA 6359, Australia. It is open daily from 9am till 5pm.
2. Lake Monger
• Lake Monger is a large urban wetland on the Swan Coastal Plain located in suburban Perth and nestled between the suburbs of Leederville, Wembley and Glendalough. This lake is used for recreation and is a major tourist attraction. Black swans has also been sighted here. Unfortunately, I didn't saw any black swans when I went there. Nonetheless, it's an amazing place!
3. Lake Hillier (aka Pink Lake)
• Lake Hillier is particularly notable for it's colour - pink. It is safe to swim in Lake Hillier. However, there are very few ways to reach this lake, helicopter is one of most common methods of travel. Cruises are also an option. When I went there, I traveled by air as it is the best mode of transportation for the lake's view and it's scenery.
Pink Lake WA 6450, Australia.
4. Perth Mint
• Perth Mint is Australia's official bullion mint.
Perth Mint, East Perth WA 6004, Australia. It is open daily from 9am till 5pm but is closed on Christmas day, Boxing day, Good Friday, Anzac day and New Year's day.
5. Sorrento Quay at Hillarys Boat Harbour
• Sorrento Quay is a great place to be at! Especially for family with kids, it'd be a great day out. It has a swimming beach, restaurants and cafes, shopping and live entertainment. You can never run out of fun when you're at Sorrento Quay!
58 Southside Dr, Hillarys WA 6025, Australia.
6. Swan Valley
• Swan Valley has a lot of attractions. So my advice is, drive down there in the morning and spend the whole day there. I went there at around 11am and I went to many shops, restaurants and cafes. There's free wine and cheese testing even! Oh and drop by Margaret River Chocolate Company! ❤
× Black Swan Winery & Restaurant is Swan Valley's premier wine and dining experience. I had my lunch here and the food was perfect 👌
Margaret River Chocolate Company : 415 Harmans Mill Rd, Metricup WA 6280, Australia.
Black Swan Winery & Restaurant : 8600 West Swan Rd, Henly Brook WA 6055, Australia.
7. Kings Park
• A great place for relaxtion, or jogging, or just a stroll around the park. There's a cafe and a shop here too.
Kings Park, Perth WA 6005, Australia. The shop and cafe is open from Monday to Friday, 9am til 5pm.
8. South Perth Foreshore
• This is a wonderful place to watch the sunset or even sunrise! There's a park here too, it's Sir James Mitchell Park.
South Perth Foreshore, South Perth WA 6151, Australia.
Here's a picture I took at South Perth Foreshore when the sun was setting.
Hope you enjoyed reading it! 😊