Surrounded by Dark Thoughts: What Depression Whispers in Your Head

Surrounded by dark thoughts, what depression whispers in your head

I've got Depression and these are the kind of thoughts that run through my head each day.

Why bother getting out of bed, its not like anything you do will change anything. This time tomorrow you will still be as useless and stupid as you are right now.

Sure take your meds, that will help you forget just how useless you are.

Yes go to work, as if you'll ever amount to anything in your miserable life.

Well You're home, whats changed, do you feel more accomplished like you've done something in your life, of course you don't you piece of trash. You won't accomplish anything in your life.

No one will ever love you, you will live alone, you'll sleep alone, and when the time comes you'll die alone.

You showered, you feel better now that you're clean. You may be clean but you're still a worthless piece of trash, nothing will ever change that.

Look at all the people around you, they are moving forward with their lives, you won't amount to anything why bother doing anything t all if it doesn't matter.

Go to bed, you're tired but when you wake you'll still be a worthless piece of shit.

These are the kind of things that go around in my head every single day.

1111
Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• This was a very hard thing to read. Mostly because I kills me to know other people out there are going through the exact same shit as I am and I know just how much it sucks. The voices telling me I'm a stupid piece of shit-- they never stop. But also thank you for posting this, since I guess it's a little comforting to know I'm not alone and not the only going through this? I guess.

Most Helpful Guy

• This really brought to life how that must feel.

I'm very sorry you're dealing with this, and I think you've got balls of brass to post it.

Easy for me to say, but you're not a worthless piece of shit.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 10

• Great Take. It's important for people to have an insight into the mind of those who suffer from depression

Depression is so debilitating. I have a profound compassion for anyone who suffers from depression. It's like an relentless war with yourself.

It's the worst illness to live with. People would be able to cope with anything that life " throws at them" if depression didn't exist.

I admire you a lot waffles

• Thank you! Depression is a lot more than just sitting around being sad.

It’s a lot fucking worse than that.

• It was really brave to post this and I think you should be super proud of yourself and all the things you do even though dumb depression is trying to pull you down.

Way to be awesome waffles :D

• You are worth so much more than your productivity; not following the arbitrary 'standard' life path society expects of you does not mean you have failed. Dominant ideology is the failure, not you. You are lovable, you are badass as fuck for fighting this shitty illness every day, and you can get better <3 . If you haven't heard that yet today, this is your reminder. Keep holding on

• I am so sorry to hear that you're struggling with this. Please, don't give up. You are special. This world needs you. Do you think the creator of the train just made the train without any purposes? None of the creators of things made something without purposes. Like you. The creator of this universe (well.. that's why I believe) made you for a purpose. That means that you are special in your way. You have something that other people don't. No matter how simple is that.

Often when we let ourselves drown in our dark thoughts, our lives become black and we can't see the beauty of our surroundings. That's why we always see everything negatively.

I've been in your place before. And I survived. So can you. I was asking God to help me through everything, I asked Him to help and save me. And he did, he always does. Loves me until now. Well.. that's what I did. Not trying to convince you or anything, but...

Please, not that, you are a fighter. This world is your battlefield. And you know what fighter do? They fight. So, fight. Fight those dark thoughts.

Hope the best for you!

• I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with this, I can relate. These thoughts are absolutely evil, these vile things we tell ourselves when we're at our worst just leads the already negative state we're in to become out of control. The worst thing is just how painful this emotional anguish really is. I hope you take care of yourself.

• Try to tell yourself the opposite and then start acting that way instead. Do you see a counselor or self help groups? That some times helps. You are not alone. God loves you, and i am sure there are a lot of people that care for you.

• Depression is a serious issue, and it's a shame a lot of people are ignorant on this subject. Great Take though, I deal with anxiety myself and other shit I don't feel like getting into detail about.

• My feelings are so hardcore.

• tells me to kill myself

What Guys Said 10

• What do you plan to do about it, if anything at all? Well other than that you wrote about it to tell us about how you feel on the inside.

And may I ask, why do you think you are feeling like this? So with all of those thoughts of meaninglessness and hopelessness, what about emptiness? Do you also feel any emptiness?

Do you think or feel that there is stagnancy and monotony in your daily life?

As for "Look at all the people around you, they are moving forward with their lives, you won't amount to anything why bother doing anything t all if it doesn't matter." I've learned to stopped caring about other people's lives are, how they feel, think or judge you, etc., as you simply can not ever control those things, you cannot control what they feel or think, or judge about you, etc.

Their lives are their lives, they may have things and situations much better than the lives you or I have and yet there are others that are in much worse situations than both of us. if they're doing better, good for them, but unexpected bad and horrible things can always happen unexpectedly to anybody in this kind of a world, so I've learned to just not care about it.

I also learned to question, who the fuck said it, life, existence, this world, etc. even had to matter at all if it ever did in the first place? And if so, why does it have to matter, if at all? Maybe it really doesn't have to matter at all, just go somewhere, see something, eat or drink something, do something, and always try something new whenever possible.

• Dude, when I read something like this, I just think to myself: ''Just shut up already, with your life questions!'' Like seriously dude, what point does it have to question your life? Go out, make friends, have fun, exercise, set goals for yourself etc. Lying in your bed complaining about life won't do shit indeed. It's a waste of your time being on this planet.

I also see you complaining about how people around you are moving forward. Dude, you can do so right now, but here you are, complaining about how you aren't when the option is always there for you to do so. If you really want to move forward, pick up that friggin' bicycle and start cycling. That's all you need to do.

• I felt that way for a long time. I'm still working past it occasionally.

• Good to see I'm not the only one who deals with these thoughts.

• Man that’s dark...
    Your a tougher man then I to take it
    God bless friend

• Now after reading this, i believe i can't call myself a depressed person

• Depression always tells me bad things will happen my life would never be great. I have depression from constant hurtful things happening to me, I am not sensitive by any means, but I got bullied a lot and I get targeted a lot so my depression tells me that I will forever be a target and I will never be happy

• I like your version of depression. I want your version of depression.

• Thank you for sharing your knowledge on the subject matter. I recognize your extensive research back round in the field, and your expertise that pervades all branches of psychology.

• Lol jk. Hey you need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist. Medications can change your mood completely! They made all the difference for me. :)

• great mytake!