Are We Really Saving the Planet?

Are We Really Saving the Planet?

SAVE THE PLANET!

You usually see this phrase when there are campaigns about not using plastic, cutting down electricity, driving electric vehicles....etc. "I am using steel bottle because I want to SAVE THE PLANET." I do really appreciate your good intention, but there is one problem. THE EARTH DOES NOT NEED OUR HELP. IT NEVER DOES.

Of course, people are polluting the Earth, but we are NEVER killing it. To make it clearer, WE ARE JUST MAKING IT DIRTY. Who do you think are suffered from those side effects like the flood, the melting of the Polar Ice Cap, and the climate change? It never was the Earth. It is just us, ourselves. The fact that we 'think' we are saving the Earth is just we are cleaning it from our f*cking mess. Who do we think we are?

The Earth is approximately 4.5 billions years old. How old are we? Also, the Earth has gone through a lot of extreme conditions ways before our arrival. And if the Earth were to die next year, there is nothing we can do. Well, you can use the phrase if NASA shoots down the meteorite which was moving toward Earth. Try not to sound nice to cover your selfish act. You are just doing yourself a favor by stop polluting the Earth. It never was for the Earth. The Earth will gradually heal by itself when our kind goes extinct.

So we all should start CLEANING the Earth before our a** get busted.

"If the Earth dies, people die. If people die, the Earth lives."

46

Most Helpful Girl

• this is a very interesting perspective. you make a very good point, in regard to "saving the planet", but i think its supposed to be taken figuratively, than literally. the intentions are to protect the life on the planet, that are produced by the earth. for example, what about chopping up the trees in amazon, that were home to many animals that are now endangered? or the exploitation of the natural resources in the different countries? and not to mention how many animals are dying from the plastic waste around the world. and all of this is for profit of the corporations. the pollution and contamination in the air is really harmful to the wildlife and people around the world. and sure, the earth has gone through dangerous natural disasters but it does not compare to the damage that humans have caused, involving harmful chemicals and risky experiments, with all this advanced technology. sure, the earth can recover by itself and some animals can adapt to the different changes, but the natural resources and animals are dying off at a faster rate than they can recover. the earth is home to the life that we need for sustainability, we feed off the land, we live on the land, and at this point of human existence, the best thing to do is to preserve the richness of the earth. in this aspect, the earth does need our help. i think this is what they mean by "saving the earth"

Most Helpful Guy

• When we talk about saving the planet, it really means the planet as it is.

If you think of the Earth as just a chunk of rock, then yes it will probably survive. But if you think of the Earth as the whole thing, the chunk of rock, abundant life forms, forests, animals, atmosphere, etc, then we most definitely can destroy it. We not only can destroy it, but we really are destroying it.

It's not just about us humans. We have the ability, and are on the path of destroying far more than humans. The Earth most definitely does need our help, even if it's nothing more than stopping what we've been doing.

It's doubtful that we could destroy literally all life forms. But we can destroy enough to make the planet completely unrecognizable.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• You make a good notion and it is time somebody did because we insult in a way earth to say we need to save earth. I tested it myself to see if earth can heal. All I did was look in the morning where are no cars and the air was clean. I thought see that quick earth heals itself. I have more examples seen in my live and you find more if you seek for it. Everybody can try it for themselves. Earth heals itself very quickly so I agree with the phrase who the hell do we think we are.

• One of the problems nowadays seems to be that there are just too many people on Earth. I think the solution to this problem is to colonize space. That way there will be less population density on Earth, and less pollution.

Another problem is the centralization of food and energy production. There would be much less pollution if more people grew at least some of their own food and produced their own energy through renewable means like solar and wind.

I don't think most people are trying to "sound nice to cover their selfish acts". It isn't their fault. They weren't the ones who caused all the pollution. It's mostly big business' fault, since they care more about making a few extra pennies than preserving the planet's health.

• We are killing it

What Guys Said 5

• Tbh no of it matters to me if it don't help me i don't care it sounds selfish but things are gonna happen no ponit saying oh don't cause global warming because it gonna happen anyway so why should i care and not like caring about would improve my life so pointless

• 'save the planet' is just a catchphrase. It's a call for more sensible use of resources, nothing more, nothing less. The planet itself will obviously exist, regardless.

• I don't think anyone doesn't know that there is a world beyond us. I do think that we can't envision the world beyond us.

• You took that phase literally lol. Save planet earth means save humanity from our own shit

• I'm just bothered by the phrase that's all. If we just want to save our ass from our shit, just say "Let's save our asses." Of course, we all wanna live for our own sake. We reside on Earth and we are using it resources. Without us, the Earth would just live and give lives to other species. We know it. It had already happened. But if we say "Hey Earth, you need to be saved. I am your saviour." The Earth would say "Screw you, humans! I wish you had never been here since you put other species in danger and go extinct." We should say this instead "Hey Earth, I'm so sorry. I am destroying you. Now I'm dying. I want to start saving myself so I can keep myself alive longer on you."

• Very interesting