Goodbye to the VW Beetle. The car which defined prior generations

Your Parents  / Grandparents / Great Grandparents auto
Your Parents / Grandparents / Great Grandparents auto

The Volkswagen is ceasing production of the VW Beetle in 2019 Now why is this a big deal.

From Yesteryear
From Yesteryear

The VW was a mainstay back then to "Herbie the Lovebug"in 1969

To Lidsey Lohan in the reboot. This car defined generations.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-beetle/volkswagen-to-end-production-of-the-beetle-next-year-idUSKCN1LT315

Food for Thought:

The original VW Beetle, developed in the 1930s, made a journey from a product identified with Adolf Hitler to a symbol of Germany’s rebirth as a democratic, industrial powerhouse after World War Two. In the 1960s, the Beetle was a small-is-beautiful icon of the postwar baby boom generation. Volkswagen discontinued U.S. sales of the “bug” in 1979, but continued production for Mexico and Latin America.

In a statement announcing the end of the Beetle, Hinrich Woebcken, head of Volkswagen of America, said that as the company ramps up its electrification strategy, there are no plans to replace the Beetle. However, his statement did not rule that out someday. He noted the company’s I.D. Buzz, a prototype for a 21st Century reincarnation of the microbus. The automaker has said it intends to put a vehicle similar to the I.D. Buzz into production as an electric vehicle.

Yes. The Magic Bus..
Yes. The Magic Bus..

Thank you :)

87
legalboxers is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clarity on your put up is simply cool and i could suppose you're an expert in this subject.

Most Helpful Guys

• No more playing "SLUG BUG"? That sucks.

• Actually punch buggie no punch packs 😂😂

• @xButterflyKisses87x I'm 10 years older than you... and be for you were born, like the late 70s, early 80s, on road trips, my older sister and I ended with many bruises and soreness from playing SLUG BUG... see, if you saw a vw beetle, you'd yell SLUG BUG while punching the other in the arm or shoulder, and you'd say the color of it and point to it. Silky, I know.

• Many were been made in Mexico.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• I’d love this style and color for my first car

• You mean the original model, right?
    Because a new beetle model was released even this year and there have been others.

• The first car is so cute

• We're losing the Beetle again? :( That's awful!

• Awww

• It's a love bug car 🚗

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah those were nice little cars , my parents had one in the early 70s I remember riding in it and able to push it , they were very light and with the air cooled motor in the back , people used to make dune buggies with them , the neighbor had the VW bus

• Ah, first I heard of this - Gaggers of a certain vintage will be very whimsical right now about the beetle.

• the amazing fact about this little car was that it has Air cooling radiators and fans , unlike other cars that are water cooling , it was also the perfect car for the military.

• Hey, I've seen that bus on Pubg... didn't know it was made in the Usa

• Another icon of the motoring world gone, very sad.