The Positives and Negatives of Being Short & Tall

POSITIVES

Short Girls (5'3-)

1.You don't have to worry about finding a man taller than you.

Many straight woman want a man taller than them. It is a bonus for the girls that want a taller man. But it isn't necessary.

2. You are cute.

Being short makes you (most likely) cute.

3. You are (usually) easier to pick up.

Short girls are usually easier to pick up because they usually weight less, which makes it easier to pick them out different ways to reach something or for fun.

4. Your feet won't stick out the blanket.

(It probably won't.)

5. You can wear your boyfriends shirt as a dress.

(It is adorable and works perfectly, lol.)

Short Guys (5'8-)

1. You don't have to worry about awkward hugs.

(Awkward hugs are terrible and it makes People uncomfortable), (usually).

2. You don't have to help short girls to reach things as often as tall guys.

(It can probably be annoying, but of course short guys can help too.)

3. You don't have to worry about awkward selfies:

4. You are perfect height for short girls

Many short girls want tall guys but some like short, like me.

5. You have more room for your legs on airplanes and in cars.

You have more room than tall guys!

Tall girls (5'6+)

1. You have a privilege in the modeling world.

Many short woman can't even model because of their height. If you are tall you have a bigger chance to become a model!

2. You reach things yourself

You usually don't need help reaching things.

3. You have long legs.

Long legs are considered sexy for some men!

4. You have a privilege when it comes to playing basketball.

Being tall helps a lot when you play basketball and even if you want it as your career a lot!

5. Crowds aren't dangerous for you.

Crowds can be awful for short people. And you don't have to worry about it.

Tall guys (5.11+)

1. Most woman prefer tall guys.

2. Tall girls are usually perfect height for you but short girls works as well.

3. Crowds aren't (usually) dangerous for you.

4. You have privilege when it comes to the modeling world.

5. You have privilege when it comes to being a basketball player.

NEGATIVES

Short girls(5'3-)

1. Crowds are not a good place for you.

You can almost never see and people sometimes step on your shoe because they can't see you.

2. You are not always taken seriously when you are mad.

Being taken seriously when mad is really important it is awful when people laugh at you and call you cute when you are mad. (Otherwise it's good to be called cute/adorable..)

3. People sometimes rest their arm on you.

It's horrible!

4. You have a way harder time becoming a model and forget about catwalks.

There are probably almost 1% short people in model industry but it isn't a bit chance for you to become one of them.

5. You can forget about becoming a basketball player.

It is really hard to become a basketball player if you are short. But it may be able to happened somewhere in the world.

Short Guys (5'8-)

1. Most girls prefer tall guys

2. You are (sometimes) seen as less masculine.

(Which you aren't).

3. Clothes are (sometimes) hard to find in your size.

4. You aren't taken as seriously as tall men (sometimes) when you are mad.

5. You can forget about being a model/basketball player.

You have a way less chance than tall people.

Tall girls (5'6-)

1. You are always in the back of school photos.

2. You are huge in heels.

3. Most short guys won't date you and many tall guys like shorter.

But there are still many guys who prefer tall woman over short.

4. You have probably heard someone ask you: "what is the weather up there?"

5. You are (sometimes) seen as less female because of your height.

(Which you aren't).

Tall guys

1. You will have to deal with awkward hugs.

2. You usually have to help short people reach things, which can get annoying.

3. Clothes are usually hard to find in your size.

4. Tall girls (usually) has bigger feet.

It can be a turnoff but sometimes it isn't.

5. You have less room on airplanes and in cars.

2929

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 29

• I'm 5'10 and considered medium. People usually over 6' are tall. I personally think I'm short compared to majority of the guys I know. Most being over 6'. Some guys I know are under 5'8. Most of the girls I know are shorter than me with some being my height or taller.

• I Think 5'10 is tall but I'm only 5'2 lol

• 5'10 is tall, not many guys that height in my area, only a couple

• i am 6'5"
    1. awkward hugs are not awkward for me
    2. i dont mind it gives me an excuse to show off my dominance ;P
    3. i do have a hard time finding clothes especially suites and dress shirts that fit me properly.
    4. feet are feet everyone has them its not a fetish of mine
    5. i do feel like a clown getting out of the car lol and airplanes are cramp
    with all that being said i love being a tall man with all the perks i get and the extra package size i got ;P and i also love short girls! 😍

• I'd say 5'6" is still pretty short for a woman, but maybe that's because I'm 6'0"🤷‍♂️ Also, another negative for being tall is back problems. It's a well written and logically organized MyTake though :)

• Good take..."You have less room on airplanes and in cars." this truly sucks and the worst on airplanes-I suffer. I have to order shoes, pants and shirts. Some clothes I have fit. And there is more...

• It really depends how tall a guy is. I'm 6'5 and am starting to wish I was just that little bit shorter because the only way people describe you is "tall." Like "Who's that person? Oh he's the tall guy." It can be really aggravating. Not to mention your neck actually hurts from talking to people consideration shorter than you. And don't get me started on what it is like to date a short girl, so hard sometimes.

• I know a tall girl who was literally a hunchback cause she had to look down to talk to people.

• Do you realize, that most of the world uses metric system, right?
    Use it too. It's easier.
    To the topic. I'm considered tall (people keep telling me it, for some reason). I'd love to date tall girl. Like at least 1,8 m.

• Im tall. I prefer tall girls more.😂
    I dont deal with awkward hugs.
    Im spot of attraction most time, the work u mentioned to help short people, it feels good, its not negative, coz i can reject help too!😂😂😂😂😂

• One important advantage of tall people (and a disadvantage of short people) is weight.
    It is far easier being skinny when you are tall, which means that tall people generally have more attractive physiques.

• Im not short but I looooooovvvveeeeee short girls. Like 5'0"! Omg so freaking cute.

• Good job with this unbiased take. I agree there are pros and cons to height. I never understood why people put so much emphasis on height, it doesn’t determine prowess, dominance or success. A person’s height is mostly aesthetics. I wrote a similar take not that long ago. Heightism: the Type of Discrimination That You Didn’t Know Existed ↗

• I used to wish I was really tall, but after a lot of long plane rides I'm pretty happy to be close to average.

• Appearance wise for girls they are attractive but i don't know for guys. Functionally it sucks for both genders but there is still a bit of advantage though.

• I’d rather be taller, but yeah there are definitely some perks to being short

• I'm slightly below average in the guy's department.
    I do kind of like tall girls though.

• There once was a guy who knew a solution to all of these issues. His name was Procrustes.

• im 6'3 which is perfect in my opinion not too tall but still tall

• I am exactly 5'8 does that make me short? But I think my looks can make up for being shirt

• Ute under avarage in the US. But it's really close to avarage. I Think it's tall

• I was just wondering whether I am short in the US lol 😂

• You Have the answer I told you by the first one lol🤣

• I'm 5"9' which is perfectly fine because avg height of girl here is 5"4'

• I'm exactly 5'8
    Am I short? 😅

• If you go by the US then yes. But it depends which country. 5'8 is tall for me

• Not at all just a lot of men nowadays happen to be 5’10 and above. Short for a guy would be 5’7 and below

• Nah you're quite a decent good height. Tall for where I live but I wouldn't call you short.

• I'm exactly 5'11. am I tall?

• Show more from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 29

• I'd like to add one more negative to the tall girls side... its damn hard to find pants which are long enough. Like next to impossible. And its damn annoying. >_<
    I wouldn't refer to a 5'6 girl as tall though... more like 5'8+. I am 5'10 myself by the way.

• It's harder for short girls to find pants short enough because the smaller you go the tighter it gets and if you try and go small enough for it to not be too long you'll end up not even fitting in it.

• short girl negatives- no one takes u seriously, can't go out alone, can't fight back
    positives- ur cute, piggy back rides, approachable, short hair looks long on me

• I'm short and I have actually been in many fights and made them dating down can't do anything it's more about tecnic but height can be an advantage so I get what you are saying

• *poing down

• *pointing

• Tall people win at the end of the day. No one loves midgets for 5'3 and under.

• Most guys prefer shorter girls lol. I know that you are jelous but keep it to yourself. And Good luck in the future with that attitude lol🤣

• Do you think how the tallest girl feel while taking this photograph? :)

• As a female who is tall don't be a douche.

• Crowds are literally the fucking worst sometimes 😂😂😂
    It’s so frustrating trying to get through the jungle of long legs!
    And yeah... some people giggle and call me cute when I’m in a fit of rage, going off on a rant...😒😒😒that part is really annoying like stfu

• "1. Crowds are not a good place for you.

You can almost never see and people sometimes step on your shoe because they can't see you."

Yeah, this is the worst. If only steel toe boots weren't so ugly, they'd be my favourite shoes.

• Tall girl/guy con: always bumping your head on things!

• I just like being tall. I kinda wish I was taller. 😂

• Nice mytake. I'm like 5'9 . i do diagree on 3 for girls (5'6-) and 3 guys I knew asked me out who were short. I agree a bit with 1. though lol. Old pic of me on left

• Im tall
    Good take
    didn't really read it though lol

• I'd like to add for tall girls they can have more of a presence or a stronger impression than a short girl. So like if it was for a job interview you'd come off looking more serious and responsible as short girls normally look cute and are seen as weak. Of course you would still need to be confident but I feel like this is one area where most short girls will have to put in more effort to be taken seriously.

Though I don't think 5'3 is short, I only consider anything below 5 short. This is cause the people around me, there aren't many who's height is at 5'8 or higher. Only a lot of people shorter than 5' so I consider 5'3 around that average. It's not true but it's just my opinion on the height thing. I still call myself shirt though lol cause I go off what people say which is that 5'2 is short

• Even for guys, I would think they're average is 5'6 based off my guessing the height of those around me

• I didn't even know my big feet were a turnoff to some guys lmao

• 5'6-5'7 isn't short for a guy. I think below 5'6 is short.

But thanks for the positives you said lol I'm 5ft 🙈😂

• "5'6-5'7 isn't short for a guy".
      Thats because you are sweet and tolerant. Most girls would crush a guy for this height

• I’m 5’2 and most guys I know are 5’10 and above and all are attracted to girls who are 5’4 and shorter. And most short girls like guys who are 5’8 and taller anyways so it’s a win win.

• I'm 5'2.5" which is short to the world but for where I live, it is a good height. Fairly above average (which is like 5'0" for women) but not too tall. I'm actually very happy with my height.

That being said my preferred range of height for guys is 5'4" to 5'11". Also, if I was really tall I would not mind dating a shorter guy, like someone tell me wtaf is wrong with a shorter guy? I understand tall is preferred and desirable, that's totally ok, but rejecting a good man for not being tall enough, really girl? Smh.

• The photos crack me up haha. Nice take.

• Nice take.

• hehe, 5'4 no problems.

• Interesting

• I'm like 5"1 😂 but it's pretty average here.

• I am 170 cm or 5.6 i guess a bit above average

• Show more from Girls
    9